• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Do all warlocks use 3rd option for jump control+speed?

Also is that extra sun singer grenade option the best too?

Also what your 2nd fav sub class Storm or Void?

I was wondering what to level up next?

some people prefer blink on void walkers for PvP but generally it's focused burst

With sunsinger you want firebolt, touch of flame and Viking funeral for PvP and fusions with gift of the sun for PvE

I'd go stormcaller next then void,

Oh look, the Diablo team has published yet another couple hundred word essay on game
mechanics, upcoming changes and goals with the understanding it could all change, because there's a Public Test Realm.

Meanwhile, Bungie is so terrified they won't even drop hints, much less spend time previewing or talking about goals.

Dear Bungie, we like your game, we're still here. If you talk to us beyond DeeJ speak, we are very understanding and supportive. Til then:

Dear Diablo team, please come run Destiny.

Weapon Nerf to push everyone away from Scouts and Pulse, and herd over to something else..............always a nerf. by year 4 none of the weapons will do any damage, thats Bungies goal. Hand Cannons are a travesty now.

Dez_

Weapon Nerf to push everyone away from Scouts and Pulse, and herd over to something else..............always a nerf. by year 4 none of the weapons will do any damage, thats Bungies goal. Hand Cannons are a travesty now.
I imagine snipers to be the next on the nerfing block. It's by far the most frequent weapon I encounter when playing crucible. I don't know what hand cannons where, but all I know is that I really have a difficult time using them.

I imagine snipers to be the next on the nerfing block. It's by far the most frequent weapon I encounter when playing crucible. I don't know what hand cannons where, but all I know is that I really have a difficult time using them.

They were amazing up close, distance, truly amazing.

Deku Tree

Using the HE black market Ak-74. Might switch it up depending on whats Fake Xur is selling tomorrow when he restocks. 5/6 of my gear is all spec for firearms and I put in HE stamina gear mods in the 4 available mod slots I have. Think I might be able to get my DPS and HP higher when I get all firearm HE gears w/ the proper specs & mods slots so I can put more HE stamina gear mods in as well.

Also want to try the vector out but kinda burnt out grinding PC.

You are DZ rank 50? Or do you call the tech vendor fake xur?

I am using black market AK47 too. Only have it at 110k DPS. Could get it to 120 but I'd loose too much health.

E92 M3

Oh look, the Diablo team has published yet another couple hundred word essay on game
mechanics, upcoming changes and goals with the understanding it could all change, because there's a Public Test Realm.

Meanwhile, Bungie is so terrified they won't even drop hints, much less spend time previewing or talking about goals.

Dear Bungie, we like your game, we're still here. If you talk to us beyond DeeJ speak, we are very understanding and supportive. Til then:

Blizzard does their job a million times better when it comes to communication and implementing changes. I'm so jealous.

Where's my PvP posts John? What's all this salt here? My mashed potatoes are fine!

I'll be around tonight for some general PvP :)

Deej is not the gatekeeper of the information. He only tells us what they allow him. It's his dismissive attitude that pisses people off.

Communication needs to improve. Bungie, just talk to us.

Dthomp

Personally I use Focused Burst almost all the time for jump.

Either extra grenade or the top perk that makes all grenade hits burn (more PVP)

Storm is probably my favorite class, followed by Sun then Void

Dthomp

I'm free for most of the day so time isn't a problem. So far, we have 3 if that's including you.

Oryx x3 HM run
1. Light_Knight_Sky
2. LKS' friend
3. Jbird

How's 3pm est sound?

That time should work out. I'm playing Axiom Verge right now but can switch over whenever. May be away for a few minutes shortly for lunch however. Just shoot me a message or invite and I should be good

stay gold

Focused Burst is a must.

Firebolt/Flame Shield/Viking Funeral/Touch of Flame is the go to on Sunsinger.

Stormcaller is better. Voidwalkers main asset is Blink, which has been ruined.

Shiv47

I wish they'd restore the NF XP buff. I just started working on Sunsinger yesterday, and have no interest in going into PvP that way, but the story missions barely give you anything. Five or six missions played and I have almost 2 nodes unlocked. Fuckin' wow!

Dthomp

Depends what you're going for, all I can give is my opinion.

Use blink of you have it.
I prefer focused burst for the initial speed.
For the fire bolt grenade, ToF and VF is the way to go.
Storm>Void imo.

We can do a quick one now if you want?

If you got 6 ready I'm game. PSn is Dthomp

DZ Level 50 grind is the realest grind ever, mainly because when you die you lose a chunk of XP and can DOWN LEVEL. When you die as a rogue you lose even more XP. It's rough especially when you match with people that aren't really good and shoot everything they see (non-hostiles included, which then turns you rogue).

I have been becoming a huge fan of optional matchmaking, BUT.... i still don't see matchmaking for Destiny Raids as an option, still. Nightfalls/strikes/story missions/Random Patrolling stuff should all have optional matchmaking, IMO. I've heard way too many stories of trying to help out a random group of Tower blueberries in King's Fall that literally can't go passed the Totems. I don't see MOST experiences going well for something of that nature with matchmaking.

Division, there aren't any mechanics that involves that much team work with puzzles to solve that takes precise communication and timing. Every solo matchmake I've tried for Challenge missions, has been terrible. If I have a friend or 2, meaning we only get 1 or 2 randoms, then it goes ok/fine, so that is the nice part. And Challenge Mode Division is just literally bullet sponges who have infiinite grenades. What more if it had raid-like mechanics.

I guess we'll see in the future content releases/expansions how it goes.

Maybe for their next raid, they can try it out for like a month, optional matchmaking with a disclaimer that going in solo can dramatically decrease the experience and to review your experience afterwards to see how it went. I'd be very curious to know the percent of solo raid matchmakers that end up having a good experience. My guess would be about 10%.

DZ Level 50 grind is the realest grind ever, mainly because when you die you lose a chunk of XP and can DOWN LEVEL. When you die as a rogue you lose even more XP. It's rough especially when you match with people that aren't really good and shoot everything they see (non-hostiles included, which then turns you rogue).

I have been becoming a huge fan of optional matchmaking, BUT.... i still don't see matchmaking for Destiny Raids as an option, still. Nightfalls/strikes/story missions/Random Patrolling stuff should all have optional matchmaking, IMO. I've heard way too many stories of trying to help out a random group of Tower blueberries in King's Fall that literally can't go passed the Totems. I don't see MOST experiences going well for something of that nature with matchmaking.

Division, there aren't any mechanics that involves that much team work with puzzles to solve that takes precise communication and timing. Every solo matchmake I've tried for Challenge missions, has been terrible. If I have a friend or 2, meaning we only get 1 or 2 randoms, then it goes ok/fine, so that is the nice part. And Challenge Mode Division is just literally bullet sponges who have infiinite grenades. What more if it had raid-like mechanics.

I guess we'll see in the future content releases/expansions how it goes.

Maybe for their next raid, they can try it out for like a month, optional matchmaking with a disclaimer that going in solo can dramatically decrease the experience and to review your experience afterwards to see how it went. I'd be very curious to know the percent of solo raid matchmakers that end up having a good experience. My guess would be about 10%.

Challenge missions are so disappointing to me. They could be good in terms of challenge/reward but the enemies are too damn strong. They should not be level 32. If they were level 30 and nothing else was changed that would be a huge improvement. As is I can't stand getting downed by one grenade when they throw tons out or the damn shotgunners. I tried with some randoms yesterday but had to quit because they kept making the same stupid mistakes, I can only imagine something with actual mechanics and not just shooting stuff.

Deku Tree

Out of curiosity, does Division have vehicles/vehicular combat at all?

No it's an open world game with a huge amount of stuff going on all over the place, and my feeling is that they force you to move at the speed of a walk or a run in order to allow loading to occur correctly.

There are no vehicles that you get into or shoot from at any time in the game.

Challenge missions are so disappointing to me. They could be good in terms of challenge/reward but the enemies are too damn strong. They should not be level 32. If they were level 30 and nothing else was changed that would be a huge improvement. As is I can't stand getting downed by one grenade when they throw tons out or the damn shotgunners. I tried with some randoms yesterday but had to quit because they kept making the same stupid mistakes, I can only imagine something with actual mechanics and not just shooting stuff.

It is fairly disappointing to me as well. Like Destiny, the fun comes from playing with friends.

In the Lincoln Tunnel, we found a way to not spawn a wave of enemies, by not killing the machine gunner when you're in the tunnel defending. That makes it a lot easier. We also changed our builds around and now have 2 Sticky Bombs to stun mobs which helped A TON!! We've been improving and getting new gear/gun/mods and getting stronger, which helps. So with friends and the right builds/communication, while not really challenging per say, it's still fun. I've tried all permutations of challenge missions from solo to being with a full group of friends, the amount of fun greatly increases with each friend. Solo was extremely painful and boring. 2 of us was Ok. 3 was pretty good and 4 was fun.

With that said, I don't think farming the same challenge mission over and over is any fun in the long run. I wouldn't mind trying it a few times to try to "speed run" and improve time but that only lasts so long. I'd love for there to be mechanics, as well. The 2x hard Daily Missions are so easy compared the challenge missions (reminds of doing Nightfall first then regular stuff afterwards). I think this got repetitive faster than Destiny, IMO. I can't tell if it's because we're tired of that or what haha.

I'm pretty much at the point where I just do the 2x hard and 1x challenge dailies for PC, and mess around in the Dark Zone trying to get to 50. But even now the Dark Zone is starting to get really boring and tedious. I found 1 HE item in like last 10 hours of DZ so that sucks.

This new xb1 controller looks so sexy. I'd love this color on a car haha (the matte blue part). I thought the whole controller was that color at first but now I see the bottom half is blackish. Don't know about that
b7yFTfe.jpg

What do you mean, we got great communication!

Remember when they clearly explained how we were getting a 4% buff on auto rifles

And then it turns out they couldn't even communicate that correctly and it turned out to be .04% buff.

Yeah I dunno. Maybe they should hire someone who can actually parse some information

ocean

Banned

It makes sense that they're that strong because eventually you'll be ridiculously OP as well. There's videos out there of guys who can solo these missions already and it's been a week you know. Challenge isn't really hard at all right now, it's just designed to be non-trivial for player who have amassed good gear, and I'm not even sure it's hard enough to do that. I'm fairly average as far as stats go and as long as at least 1 other player on my team is decent then CM is not hard at all. With 3/4 players (or lol a full team) being competent these things are a breeze.

If you ever see mee or Frenden on send us an invite! We're usually down to do CMs and talk some shit in the meantime. It's literally just hang back pop shots keep a revive station up and repeat. Nothing like early-day Destiny Raids in terms of intricacy but at least there's no time locks (play em as much as you like) and have decent guaranteed rewards.

I miss Destiny tho. Every time I open it up nobody's playing, sad times.

Matchmaking in the Division is a great option to have but I've had to quit so many story missions on hard because the team is too under leveled or just isn't capable of proper teamwork that I'd rather not waste 3 hours on one story mission. Definitely infuriating. If I see someone join my group that is 3 levels above me I bail usually.

Playing the Division makes me realize just how bad raid matchmaking would be. People I get matched with have a hard enough time staying alive, I can only imagine what would happen when faced with actual mechanics. I've had people go AFK indefinitely, and I have heard of people being being kicked towards the end of the mission so that the party leader could invite a friend to get the loot without doing any of the work.

Where's my PvP posts John? What's all this salt here? My mashed potatoes are fine!

I'll be around tonight for some general PvP :)

As you wish:

A Trials Passage Team Report Card

HqbClDn.png

A couple things stand out. Igor had nearly equal the # of kills as Ape & me combined. Another thing, I use my primary waaaaay more often than my teammates. Also, Ape was playing Gunslinger, but was still playing like a filthy warlock with Grenades & Melees.

You can also get a sense of how many rez's we allowed by seeing the total # of kills for the card over the amount of kills that would be strictly required to win the rounds. Maybe I'll make that more explicit.

Anyone have thoughts? I did this all by hand, but I'd like to code a script to do it, or to send it to the Guardian.GG/TrialsReport people to get them to implement it.

Thats pretty cool john. Stats are awesome when put in a nice way to view them. One thing though, you switched mine and ape's ELO. Although mine has tanked now because Asylum sucks.

Ape making me do all the carrying smh
Kappa

spyder_ur

It is fairly disappointing to me as well. Like Destiny, the fun comes from playing with friends.

In the Lincoln Tunnel, we found a way to not spawn a wave of enemies, by not killing the machine gunner when you're in the tunnel defending. That makes it a lot easier. We also changed our builds around and now have 2 Sticky Bombs to stun mobs which helped A TON!! We've been improving and getting new gear/gun/mods and getting stronger, which helps. So with friends and the right builds/communication, while not really challenging per say, it's still fun. I've tried all permutations of challenge missions from solo to being with a full group of friends, the amount of fun greatly increases with each friend. Solo was extremely painful and boring. 2 of us was Ok. 3 was pretty good and 4 was fun.

With that said, I don't think farming the same challenge mission over and over is any fun in the long run. I wouldn't mind trying it a few times to try to "speed run" and improve time but that only lasts so long. I'd love for there to be mechanics, as well. The 2x hard Daily Missions are so easy compared the challenge missions (reminds of doing Nightfall first then regular stuff afterwards). I think this got repetitive faster than Destiny, IMO. I can't tell if it's because we're tired of that or what haha.

I'm pretty much at the point where I just do the 2x hard and 1x challenge dailies for PC, and mess around in the Dark Zone trying to get to 50. But even now the Dark Zone is starting to get really boring and tedious. I found 1 HE item in like last 10 hours of DZ so that sucks.

I am not quite as deep into it as you (haven't run a challenge yet - you wanna take me?) but I agree with alot of this. I just don't think the enemy types are interesting at all and they're is no real variability to fighting them. Combine that with the fact that the guns are basically just variations of each other and you can see the problems.

As for matchmaking, apparently I've had a way better experience with it than others, or people are just a bit spoiled from playing with the good people from here for so long.

Overall, in many ways I enjoyed the road to the top a bit more in Division, but I'm not feeling the same highs or urge the grind the endgame that I had with Destiny. The lack of real PvP is a major part of this.

Thats pretty cool john. Stats are awesome when put in a nice way to view them. One thing though, you switched mine and ape's ELO. Although mine has tanked now because Asylum sucks.

Ape making me do all the carrying smh
Kappa

Me with the Highest Elo and lowest KD...

batemantacothrow.gif~c200

Cause that's how Ape do yah'll ;)

Igor is clearly just a murder machine.
He just snipes everyone before I can get there :p

Also, Ape was playing Gunslinger, but was still playing like a filthy warlock with Grenades & Melees.

Tripmines yo! Great post John. Love seeing this stuff!

Top Bottom