• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Any clue if today Bungie will be laying out more detail about content this Spring?

I'm not sure I like this Twitch reveal thing for Bungie. It would work well for other developers but we've been trained for over a decade to look forward to Bungie Weekly Update's for insight. So to see BWU's repurposed just to tell us to watch a Twitch stream that I personally will never be able to watch, kind of sucks.

Did all my Shaxx bounties yesterday because I was home sick.

I got:
20 SC
Sealed Grasps(sharded)
20 SC

Shaxx knows I'm trying to get all the faction exotics now. My man.

The God Roll Hawksaw I got last night does the job well. Except I still prefer the Slo-19 sight on the one I've been using since TTK dropped. I will give it a full run in trials this week and see how it does. The red dot just isn't for me. I like the wide open holo sight.

Namikaze1

And in other DGAF news, IGN just Shat all over Division. Highest Profile game in a long time to get that low of a score.

While I agree with some of their complaints, that score is ridiculously low, I would have put it around 8.0.
For me, game is a 7.5 so far. Destiny was an 8. The game has several problems. The bugs I encountered brings the game down. Barely had any problems with Destiny in its first month. Only problem I recall having was the lag in the raid. I have fallen through the floor+world, had entire clips empty out after one or two shots, and lag issues with The Division in just its first week.

WipedOut

For me, game is a 7.5 so far. Destiny was an 8. The game has several problems. The bugs I encountered brings the game down. Barely had any problems with Destiny in its first month. Only problem I recall having was the lag in the raid. I have fallen through the floor+world, had entire clips empty out after one or two shots, and lag issues with The Division in just its first week.

I've only really seen a few issues, teleporting enemies, Menu Lag and finally, gun won't fire.

Namikaze1

I've only really seen a few issues, teleporting enemies, Menu Lag and finally, gun won't fire.
One other issue I forgot to mention was abilities not activating. Shit has happened to me many times. Couldn't pull my shield out even though the screen shows every buff I get from doing so. I just keep pressing the button it is tied to. The buffs show up every time but my character just refuses to pull the damn shield out for a couple of minutes.

WipedOut

One other issue I forgot to mention was abilities not activating. Shit has happened to me many times. Couldn't pull my shield out even though the screen shows every buff I get from doing so. I just keep pressing the button it is tied to. The buffs show up every time but my character just refuses to pull the damn shield out for a couple of minutes.

I think that has happened to me maybe once, turrent wouldn't deploy

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just noticed there was a submission to the newbie raid form even though no upcoming date is listed. Apologies to frailimb. Unfortunately there will not be a newbie raid this week or next week, I am out of town.

Most likely the next one will be Wednesday, March 30th. Will post signups around the 25th.

WipedOut

Just noticed there was a submission to the newbie raid form even though no upcoming date is listed. Apologies to frailimb. Unfortunately there will not be a newbie raid this week or next week, I am out of town.

Most likely the next one will be Wednesday, March 30th. Will post signups around the 25th.

He can join my Retro Raid this weekend if he wants, going to do 1 VoG and 1 Crota. Won't be doing much hand Holding but will explain the mechanics best we can.

phen0m24

Who is this bane of the Cryptarch phantom person? :)

Hey Hawk good to see you, sir. Hope all is well in the south land. Are you going anywhere nice?

LTWood12

I'm having a decent time w/ the Division, but it's always felt like a 7.0 game. It feels like "present-day open-world tps w/ loot" the game. Everything I've seen in the game has been generic, but adequate. It's like if you took Diablo, made it into a third person shooter, took out all the creativity, and made it a fuck ton harder to play by yourself.

Diablo-likes are fun though, and I'll play through the story and probably fart around with some end game. But it's entirely forgettable so far.

phen0m24

I can take one of these exotics to 320:

1. Chaperone
2. The 4th Horseman
3. Plan C
4. Hereafter

Which is the better one?

5. None of the above

None of those really leap out at me. I mean, Touch of Malice. No brainer. Truth. Why not.
Last Word. Sure thing. But those above are like the forgotten toys in the old toy pile that nobody plays with anymore. :(

DeviantBoi

I was going to go with none of them, but I quite like Plan C personally.

5. None of the above

None of those really leap out at me. I mean, Touch of Malice. No brainer. Truth. Why not.
Last Word. Sure thing. But those above are like the forgotten toys in the old toy pile that nobody plays with anymore. :(

I'm trying to slowly infuse all my exotics to 320 whenever I get some drops. Already have Telesto, Spindle, and Invective to 320.

Maybe one of the class legendaries? Susanoo, Stillpiercer, and Immobius.

Or a Darkblade Spite with Hidden Hand, Rage Finder, and Enhanced Battery/Injection Mold?

Axoman

It's me! ToyMachine. My GamerTag I'd ProgenitorRyan. If anyone on Xbox One can help me get there it would be greatly appreciated.

I wish I was good enough to help you, but at best, I'm a competent 3rd.

Unfortunately, there just aren't that many active Xbox trials pros that still monitor this thread.

I think your best best would be posting on reddit crucible sherpas, but don't specifically say "carry me".

For my division character, I have 163k dps and 49k hp. Having fun since it's my first real loot game. I can melt thro those lvl32 armored elites stacking Smart Cover.

Nonetheless the only Dgaf in my <3 will be destinyGaf
tumblr_m397l9HF8V1r8clxxo1_500.png

Deku Tree

For my division character, I have 163k dps and 49k hp. Having fun since it's my first real loot game. I can melt thro those lvl32 armored elites stacking Smart Cover.

Sitting at 110k DPS. What is your Division primary RAWR ?

Jesus, I hate when numbers in games get this big. It's crazy annoying.

Personally I like when numbers fall between 1-1000.

Like, an ideal RPG for me would involve starting the game off doing something like 20-50 damage, and ending doing 600-1000 damage.

I hated the power creep in WoW when people starting breaking 10K health on their own characters. Makes it hard to do the quick math to know what you're dealing with.

I can't imagine dealing with 6 digits worth of attack and health.

Edit: Even in Destiny for Crucible. I'll say stuff like the score is 15-18, because 15,000 to 18,000 just sounds too complicated and lengthy.

Using the HE black market Ak-74. Might switch it up depending on whats Fake Xur is selling tomorrow when he restocks. 5/6 of my gear is all spec for firearms and I put in HE stamina gear mods in the 4 available mod slots I have. Think I might be able to get my DPS and HP higher when I get all firearm HE gears w/ the proper specs & mods slots so I can put more HE stamina gear mods in as well.

Also want to try the vector out but kinda burnt out grinding PC.

Personally I like when numbers fall between 1-1000.

Like, an ideal RPG for me would involve starting the game off doing something like 20-50 damage, and ending doing 600-1000 damage.

I hated the power creep in WoW when people starting breaking 10K health on their own characters. Makes it hard to do the quick math to know what you're dealing with.

I can't imagine dealing with 6 digits worth of attack and health.

Edit: Even in Destiny for Crucible. I'll say stuff like the score is 15-18, because 15,000 to 18,000 just sounds too complicated and lengthy.
haha yeah at first, I mainly ignored everything dealing with numbers but a friend got into creating proper builds and help me figure what I should try to get.

WeTeHa

RU done with crota run?
uuuuuh... what? :D
If you want to run crota hard mode and VoG HM on the weekend I'd be down to do it. Still need a Mythoclast and Crux.
I agree. I don't mind if it's 10k, but when it reaches 100k, 1kk etc. I just wish they would divide everything by 1000. The numbers in Diablo 2 were okay, 12k damage, 3k life etc. Diablo 3 numbers are just crazy.

And in other DGAF news, IGN just Shat all over Division. Highest Profile game in a long time to get that low of a score.

While I agree with some of their complaints, that score is ridiculously low, I would have put it around 8.0.

Not surprising. I am having a hard time getting into the game. The side missions are repetitive. I think they could tweak the matchmaking so it doesn't take the average of all levels and set it as the levels of the enemies. I have had to find the next "story missions" rather than having the story...progress where I understand why we are doing what we are doing.

I'd give it a 6.5. I have yet to venture to the Dark Zones since I bought the game. Did a bunch in the betas but I'm still only lvl 14.

So this realy annoyed me abput the division this morning.

Found superior marksman rifle i wanted at a safehouse. I was 5k credits short so i went out grinded some side missions and encounters tilli had the dough. Went back to buy it to find out it was now 5k more than it was before becuase i leveled up. So it was back out in the snow. Forever chasing a carrot that's 2 feet in front of my face.

And to keep this on topic. Any news on tge spring update?

Kalamari

I think there are certain elements that of each game that are handled better than the other. Neither game is perfect, but both are entertaining to play.

uuuuuh... what? :D
If you want to run crota hard mode and VoG HM on the weekend I'd be down to do it. Still need a Mythoclast and Crux.

I agree. I don't mind if it's 10k, but when it reaches 100k, 1kk etc. I just wish they would divide everything by 1000. The numbers in Diablo 2 were okay, 12k damage, 3k life etc. Diablo 3 numbers are just crazy.
Ya I am down for it as well.
Let me know on timings .
Also was looking for the flawless trophy

XplicitOne/Anyone else interested in Digital Art:
Cc: Frenden

Clip Studio Paint/Manga Studio is on sale for $20 again, for 4 days: http://www.clipstudio.net/en/purchase

They should rename "This Week at Bungie" to "The First Curse Quest" AKA Come Back Next Week

Hey John, thanks for this!

EDIT: Ok so I found the differences. Seems like EX is mainly for Books and converting something between 2D and 3D... sounds like Pro alone can suffice for my needs...

ocean

Banned
I'm Having fun with The Division and think it's a solid game. But it's just filler for whenever there's something new in Destiny.

Movement in Destiny is just so fluid. Shooting so satisfying. The art direction is a dream. There's less loot, and it's harder to get but its identifiable. I *know* what gun I'm being shot by. If I stand next to a buddy I can recognize the gun in his hands. Hell we can even recognize the sounds for many of them. Every gun in the Division is basically the same with some recoil pattern and damage number variations. Shooting behind cover vs skating around a room? No contest.

The atmosphere in The Division is super cool. It's a disturbing works because it's dark and fucked up but still within the bounds of possibility - even if remote. The audio logs spread throughout have been amazing to go through and the story mission set pieces were super cool. Having universal matchmaking is such an obvious decision that it's hard to applaud them for it - it just makes solo NFs being a thing more annoying.

Both games are cool and flawed and good at what they set out to do. I was never into Destiny for the loot - I'd have quit long ago if I were :p I wanted a good shooter and Destiny is the bestest. This hasn't changed. Division is a bad shooter but an amazingly cool loot game - for people who actually want that.

WipedOut

I'm Having fun with The Division and think it's a solid game. But it's just filler for whenever there's something new in Destiny.

Exactly my take on the game. Going to be playing Division and Uncharted collection until whatever comes out next for Destiny.

Do all warlocks use 3rd option for jump control+speed?

Also is that extra sun singer grenade option the best too?

Also what your 2nd fav sub class Storm or Void?

I was wondering what to level up next?

Oh look, the Diablo team has published yet another couple hundred word essay on game
mechanics, upcoming changes and goals with the understanding it could all change, because there's a Public Test Realm.

Meanwhile, Bungie is so terrified they won't even drop hints, much less spend time previewing or talking about goals.

Dear Bungie, we like your game, we're still here. If you talk to us beyond DeeJ speak, we are very understanding and supportive. Til then:

Dear Diablo team, please come run Destiny.

Top Bottom