• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

the_id

Good run ID and Dr. 6 wins was pretty good, shame didn't get the weapon but that sniper was crazy.
Yeah thanks for the run ID and drewz. Just the type of card I was looking for, good experience and some sweaty matches. I think if it wasn't on rotation we could have gotten into a rhythm.

Yeah, that was great guys. Just the exact experience I was looking for. Needing to get better at trials with people of similar mindsets. If only we had a coach....

Anyone else been having trouble with the Destiny servers this weekend? Counting tonight it's been the third time I've been booted midway through a crucible match because of "trouble with the destiny servers". What gives!?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Spare change isn't so bad but I don't like how it's super slow. Does now bow is garbage. Hawkmoon is good when the hits actually land when they should.

NeOak

Spare change isn't so bad but I don't like how it's super slow. Does now bow is garbage. Hawkmoon is good when the hits actually land when they should.

You're used to one of the fastest pulse rifles there are in the game with your Grasp of Malok. I have to use my god roll Hopscotch Pilgrim to match it in Time-to-Kill. lol.

My new favorite weapon(after 6+ hours of strikes) in Destiny is Sunsinger + Sunbreakers + Radiant Skin = 12 Solar grenades to set the world on fire. You can cover strike bosses in glorious fire and nuke them. It's fun. Super fun.

NeOak

My new favorite weapon in Destiny is Sunsinger + Sunbreakers + Radiant Skin = 12 Solar grenades to set the world on fire. You can cover strike bosses in fire and nuke them. It's fun. Super fun.

Now what you need is 4 more like that, and you can repeat the youtube video by having all 5 popping radiance and raping the enemy side.

ocean

Banned
It's infinitely better than the Conspiracy though but yep Matador is still king. I still weep at the thought of deleting mine
Why did you? After losing Shot Package I re rolled again and have Aggressive Reinforced Rangefinder and Battle Runner on mine.

Dude Thorn Matador Benevolence and BTRD should never be dismantled

Why did you? After losing Shot Package I re rolled again and have Aggressive Reinforced Rangefinder and Battle Runner on mine.

Because I just wanted to use Yr2 weapons so I wouldn't have to readjust for LL enabled stuff and I never thought that drop rates would be so shit. It took till last week to get an Agg/Rifled PC+1 :d

If I still had one Close and Personal and Kneepads would be the dream

NeOak

Reminds me of the guy who called me a tryhard because I was running

32eizUm.png

OyehGfK.png

joTUpEX.png

in crucible. LOL.

Titan - 334
Hunter - 332
Warlock - 331

Getting there. Can pretty much focus on getting good stat rolls etc now and still stay above 330 on all characters which is nice.

My core group of buddies can't beat Oryx. I've done it of course with some other friends, These guys have beat aetheon on normal and hard, Crota normal and hard, skolas and we have all been playing since launch. We just can't get it as this group.

It's so fucking weird, we can get to oryx without wiping or any problems then it's oryx and boom.

So frustrating I really want to get it for a few of those dudes

the_id

My core group of buddies can't beat Oryx. I've done it of course with some other friends, These guys have beat aetheon on normal and hard, Crota normal and hard, skolas and we have all been playing since launch. We just can't get it as this group.

It's so fucking weird, we can get to oryx without wiping or any problems then it's oryx and boom.

So frustrating I really want to get it for a few of those dudes
where are you guys getting stuck?

the_id

It's a mess.

We can get the ogres and knock back oryx then it all falls apart, the timing on bombs is never right.
Are you guys doing countdowns before ENTERING the bombs?
There's 30 seconds before you have to detonate the bomb. Use that time to clear ADS and coordinate who's going where.

Are you guys doing countdowns before ENTERING the bombs?
There's 30 seconds before you have to detonate the bomb. Use that time to clear ADS and coordinate who's going where.

30 seconds? We are definatly rushing that part then. I will let everyone know to take our time and call out bombs on a countdown. You have to all enter them at the same time right?

NeOak

30 seconds? We are definatly rushing that part then. I will let everyone know to take our time and call out bombs on a countdown. You have to all enter them at the same time right?

Yes, all four should enter at the same time. Whoever is outside of the relic's buff will die when the bombs detonate.

Usuaully you'll stay in the aura and clear adds to make your run to the bombs safer. Once adds are cleaned up tell everyone to get to their bombs but wait just outside the detonation area, then countdown 1, 2, 3 and everyone jumps in at the same time. Practice that and everything should be ALOT smoother.

Then piece it together 4 times.

Skele7on

Banned
I played with some of the worst pick up guys I have ever seen.

I had to become runner and they managed to be so slow killing ogres that the vessel wasn't spawning by the time I got down.

Needless to say it was not successful at all.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

I had to become runner and they managed to be so slow killing ogres that the vessel wasn't spawning by the time I got down.

tell me about it...lol it was amateur hour on saturday night...it took our group a while to pass thru totems and couldn't kill warpriest. I thought I was rusty since I haven't played the KF raid since late january but I held my own really well. anyway half the guys I was with were either passive or didn't know what they were doing when they got the brand which was annoying considering their light level was higher than my warlock, 316. Also, they didn't know how to prolong the brand effect (killing acolytes in the last seconds) thus hardly damaging the WP.

however I joined the_id's crew earlier and it didn't take our group that long to reach Oryx. It was like cutting thru butter with a hot knife...and killed Oryx after 5-6 tries. Felt like a vanguard strike overall.

the_id

Can't sleep. Anyone want to pvp?
If you are still on i can join in 10 mins.

tell me about it...lol it was amateur hour on saturday night...it took our group a while to pass thru totems and couldn't kill warpriest. I thought I was rusty since I haven't played the KF raid since late january but I held my own really well. anyway half the guys I was with were either passive or didn't know what they were doing when they got the brand which was annoying considering their light level was higher than my warlock, 316. Also, they didn't know how to prolong the brand effect (killing acolytes in the last seconds) thus hardly damaging the WP.

however I joined the_id's crew earlier and it didn't take our group that long to reach Oryx. It was like cutting thru butter with a hot knife...and killed Oryx after 5-6 tries. Felt like a vanguard strike overall.
The group we had was really good and well coordinated.

WeTeHa

I think the vessel always spawns after a set amount of time (when the ship is in front), doesn't matter if you kill the ogres or not.

WeTeHa

Man I wish bungie would add some variety to the vanguard bounties. having the same couple of bounties every day is just boring.

Man I wish bungie would add some variety to the vanguard bounties. having the same couple of bounties every day is just boring.

More varied bounties would be nice as would increased rep gains from bounties. The increased rep gained from strikes and crucible is great, but bounties should be increases too so they don't feel so pointless.

More varied bounties would be nice as would increased rep gains from bounties. The increased rep gained from strikes and crucible is great, but bounties should be increases too so they don't feel so pointless.

You can do most of the bounties whilst doing strikes? The patrol ones will pop if you get a strike on the right planet.

WeTeHa

agreed.

Right now, basically all we get every day is:
- get element ability kills
- get element weapon kills
- patrol planet
- kill 50 enemy faction
- kill 10 major enemy faction
- melee kills/super kills/headshot kills/kills without dying/quick kills with heavy/special

that's it. incredibly uncreative. Add some other stuff and make some more challenging than others and then scale rewards based on difficulty. More difficult bounties give signifcantly better rewards and more rep. Give out guaranteed legendary/sublime engrams or guaranteed strange coins.

Hawkmoon is beast on the right maps. Having good fun with it. Not sure i'd try take it into trials just yet though, very new to using HC's.

EDIT: Anyone else using firefox always have issues with guardian.gg loading? Sometimes it works, most the time it doesn't, just get a blank screen.

jblatch

Neo Member
Looking to gauge some feedback on the Destiny classes. I have a two level 40s in a Warlock and a Titan. I actually play Destiny on both Xbox One (Warlock) and PS4 (Titan).

I am looking to maybe play more Destiny on PS4 because of the additional content, like Crucible maps, etc.

Playing as a Titan is alright, but I have been intrigued to play as a Hunter because it looks pretty fun, and I like their special abilities. Being that I have played as a Warlock, are both the Warlock and Hunter similar in comparison to speed? I feel that the Titan is a little sluggish compared to a Warlock.

So I main a Titan but I have all 3 classes and I can tell you the movement of a hunter is far different than either a warlock or Titan. In my opinion it is the best class to control, the double and triple jump are very crisp. In pvp the nightstalker is a 1v1 beast with shade step and the hunted perk allows you information to get some great snipes on headglitchers.

It's a class I don't play often but playing it you can see why it is used at the highest levels of play. I think anyone who plays destiny a lot and hasn't given each class and subclass a good fair try is missing out. At the end of the day it comes down to preference but I would try out the hunter. It is unique if you are coming from a Titan warlock background.

Edit- also in terms of the bolded warlock and hunter are both similar in running speed if the spec is agility, where you really see the difference is in vertical movement and usability which is where the hunter has the edge in my opinion. I enjoy using my vertical space so that could be why I value the feel of the air game.

Usuaully you'll stay in the aura and clear adds to make your run to the bombs safer. Once adds are cleaned up tell everyone to get to their bombs but wait just outside the detonation area, then countdown 1, 2, 3 and everyone jumps in at the same time.

Does someone need to be shooting Oryx the whole time between stagger and detonation?

Top Bottom