• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WeTeHa

Does someone need to be shooting Oryx the whole time between stagger and detonation?

Afaik you have to shoot it until the black goo comes out. It only takes a couple of shots, but usually people just keep on shooting to be safe. You should have 2 people in the middle anyway without anything else to do.

Yeah I don't think it's worth the risk so not shoot him enough, no reason not to just keep shooting to be sure.

Load into heroic echo chamber strike, hate that one on heroic with randoms but I thought i'd stick with it. Both blueberries die in the first area. "orbit"

Thanks to id and Kurt for the cruc... I mean vanguard run.

Edit: I swear; i've done enough strikes in the last 24 hours to last a thousand years.

More varied bounties would be nice as would increased rep gains from bounties. The increased rep gained from strikes and crucible is great, but bounties should be increases too so they don't feel so pointless.

I haven't done a vanguard or crucible bounty since the second week of ttk. They are totally worthless. IB, trials, shaxx bounties stay in my bounty slots.

WipedOut

I haven't done a vanguard or crucible bounty since the second week of ttk. They are totally worthless. IB, trials, shaxx bounties stay in my bounty slots.

Depends how you play the game, I don't PVP much so I always have vanguard bounties in my slots. By Running strikes, patrols and doing bounties I made well over 100 Strange Coins.

I'll be around for some cards this evening. Drizz, Igor, X, other Trials heroes, if you guys need some help running folks let me know. I'm down for whatever tonight. I've had enough of PvE to last me another life time after yesterday.

Yes Macello, I will try and get a card in with you and Icon :p

I'll be around for some cards this evening. Drizz, Igor, X, other Trials heroes, if you guys need some help running folks let me know. I'm down for whatever tonight. I've had enough of PvE to last me another life time after yesterday.

I'd like to do a trials run tonight once I'm off work.

2real4tv

Man had some rough games yesterday very humbling for me...went a big donut for the a very rough final boss Biggy and Inapp put in alot of work if I would of helped a little might have gotten the 'w'. When you play that bad makes you want to give up :(.

X-Frame

Farming Crucible rep is so much fun and rewarding. It really seems like I rank up 10x as fast now when I use a Booster.

Still hunting that Lord High Fixer!

X-Frame

It it a legit HC? I have one with:

Rescure Mag

Snapshot
Reinforced
Rifled

Icarus(lol)

It seems to have better base stats than Eyasluna, with the only thing Eyasluna really beating LHF in is base Stability. Otherwise LHF has much better recoil direction and higher Aim Assist.

Still seems like the Iron Banner Finnala's Peril has the best stats of any Legendary HC now, it has higher Aim Assist, Recoil Direction, and faster Equip Speed compared to Eyasluna. The Imag Loop is very similar to the LHF.

I'm looking at the stats on Planet Destiny btw.

WeTeHa

Would someone mind helping me through the timed version of Fear's Embrace quickly? It's kicking my ass.

stay in the entrance hallway and snipe at the boss. only kill stuff if it comes up to you. If you don't knock down the 2 barrels at the entrance you can even use them as cover from the boss attacks. Can be easily completed with self res, bubble or invis grenades.

I'll be on a couple hours from now if you still need help.

Would someone mind helping me through the timed version of Fear's Embrace quickly? It's kicking my ass.

I can jump on and help out after work which is in about an hour and a half from now - would love some help with quests and pve stuff myself if that's ok afterwards?

I have actually almost decided against doing the quests I need to do as they are a bit long winded - I don't see myself missing out on too much by not doing them either - but the completionist in me hates giving up lol

Jafku

can one of you trials heroes help me get the new lighthouse emblem?

123rl

I finally got a Hung Jury. I've been waiting for a decent Primary, or anything higher than 315. I just got two in the last 20 minutes, both at 318.. RNG gonna RNG

Lnkn52

I had a dream where I was pvping with Ghaleon in Trials and our 3rd left, and I had to solo 10 people at once.

It was pretty exciting.

Kevin+Durant+and+Dwayne+Wade+Gatorade+Commercial-5.jpg

Navy Bean

I got a Red Spectre with counterbalance and rifle barreled...it's amazing how important counterbalance is on an auto rifle. The base stability is garbage on the weapon but with cb it's really good. Plus, it has a giant bloody bayonet knife on it so I'm sure that helps.

X-Frame

None of this week's Iron Banner gear seem very appealing. Auto Rifle and Rocket Launcher, Boots and Class Item.

Plus only 320 Artifacts and Ghosts. Hmm, not really sure I'm going to play it this much.

Will the post-game gear drops be +5 our current Light? So if I'm 330 I could get 335 drops? That may be a reason to play at least.

EDIT: Found confirmation from Cozmo that the drops post-game will be up to 335. Interesting.

I'm so high on Destiny right now. It really is true:

The less Destiny I play, the more I like Destiny.​

I spent some time this weekend running some strikes, completing open quests on my alts, not worrying about the weekly reset or min-maxing. Felt really good. I also played with my IRL friends who I ostensibly got Destiny to play with, but they dropped away pretty fast. I stayed up late to do it (which is a dumb idea for me), but it was so tempting to keep playing.

In other news, I played around with my Titan now that infusion is 1:1 and managed to get a 319 Defender with T2,T3,T5 INT/DSIC/STR. Gonna start working on playing as him, and Iron Banner seems a good start.

What do I need to do to prove to you this will work, Ape?!? I already showed you the light with Strikers.

qxo27r.gif

B E L I E V E in the Fun Police

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Defender titan has consistently been one of my favorites for PvP. I love taunting people.
Usually it's the Carlton, but I've now decided that I need that emote.

LTWood12

I'm so high on Destiny right now. It really is true:

The less Destiny I play, the more I like Destiny.​

I spent some time this weekend running some strikes, completing open quests on my alts, not worrying about the weekly reset or min-maxing. Felt really good. I also played with my IRL friends who I ostensibly got Destiny to play with, but they dropped away pretty fast. I stayed up late to do it (which is a dumb idea for me), but it was so tempting to keep playing.

In other news, I played around with my Titan now that infusion is 1:1 and managed to get a 319 Defender with T2,T3,T5 INT/DSIC/STR. Gonna start working on playing as him, and Iron Banner seems a good start.

What do I need to do to prove to you this will work, Ape?!? I already showed you the light with Strikers.

qxo27r.gif

B E L I E V E in the Fun Police

That suppressor grenade is perfect.

I got a Red Spectre with counterbalance and rifle barreled...it's amazing how important counterbalance is on an auto rifle. The base stability is garbage on the weapon but with cb it's really good. Plus, it has a giant bloody bayonet knife on it so I'm sure that helps.

You and Axo get ready for a card tonight! What time will you be on? I think Axo gets on around 930pm CST (need to confirm).

I'm going to run with the XB1 folks tonight. We were going to run with Macello last night but not sure if that ended up happening with Igor and Drizz. I was about dead after I left for dinner, which led to a beautiful 11 hour sleep last night.

Hey anyone fancy some pve? I would quite like to run Poe

Or can anyone help me out with the Taken War: Earth Quest? I have to kill taken champions on earth but doing it solo is a real pain.

haha the hype for too real, always is with a virgin.

Speaking of which if you and Igor wanted to run then I'll play on another Gaffers account. I can go whenever, just let me know what time works for you. Igor should be done eating soon, hopefully servers are reasonable but who knows.

Im ready whenever.
JBH posted an incredibly feminine write-up of your Mercury trip: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._first_trip_to_the_lighthouse_a_not_so_short/

Frenden

Banned
CgoNlN5UUAM0ipb.jpg:large

I thought this would be crap, but the larger mag makes two on ones a little more manageable. Glass Half Full undoes the damage nerf in terms of ttk it seems. The extra AA and a slightly better recoil pattern make Counterbalance less necessary, though I still wish it had it.

How about we try that in Elimination first?

That's actually a pretty good idea, especially since it's easier for me to find time when I don't have to commit to a 2 hour window.

Trying not to use the word "gay" pejoratively anymore. :D

I applaud the effort, but using feminine isn't really any better.

I mean, there's nothing inherently gendered about that post. You could use "sappy", "earnest", "saccharine" or "sentimental" and you'd have a better description.

/sjw

Anyway, I rolled a new baby Titan on PS4 today:

Cg51cZiW4AAmOwo.jpg

Become Legend?

I thought this would be crap, but the larger mag makes two on ones a little more manageable. Glass Half Full undoes the damage nerf in terms of ttk it seems. The extra AA and a slightly better recoil pattern make Counterbalance less necessary, though I still wish it had it.

I have one with perfect balance and counter balance. Not levelled it up yet to give it a try

Edit. It also has red dot oes and red dot ores. Oiled frame, single point sling and unflinching

Axoman

You and Axo get ready for a card tonight! What time will you be on? I think Axo gets on around 930pm CST (need to confirm).

Yep, let's do it. And the good news is your Elo will not suffer no matter what happens...

Sweet. I have to help my wife's sister move some stuff tonight, but I think I'll be home early enough that I should be able to get on about 9-9:30PM CST. Hopefully earlier, but I can't commit to that yet.

I have one with Send it/Hand laid stock and Glass half full. The recoil pattern isn't ideal as it goes left/right while shooting, but people on crucible playbook say that Send It is a great perk for it.

Top Bottom