• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

sajj316

Well GAF .. Can't judge by numbers. Finished CoE 42 with a 306 and a 311. First round with 2 until I finally got a 3rd for the remaining 2

shermas

Cryptarch rewards are way better than they've ever been - he's more reliably dropping cool emblems and old shaders which have been bugged forever. Honestly a purple engram today is a fairly useless reward considering the fact that between Cryptarch ranks you'll have already received a dozen so one more won't make a difference.

Emblem collection is where it's at. Rahool is better than ever now.

I know... A purple at least gives me a few marks.

I've picked up some horrendously ugly shaders from my man, Rahool. Love throwing them on and just trolling with how ugly they are.

shermas

My favorite is when they claim to have some newfound strategy and then wipe the raid while trying it.

An LFG guy on COE the other day was like "Shermas, don't go over on the right side, it's much safer on the left, where you can safely.....arrrrgh on fire, I'm gonna die, yep, I'm dead." Hahahaha. Good times.

My apologies to anyone looking for Trials today, haven't had any gaming time after playing a bunch this weekend.

I got a Red Spectre with counterbalance and rifle barreled...it's amazing how important counterbalance is on an auto rifle. The base stability is garbage on the weapon but with cb it's really good. Plus, it has a giant bloody bayonet knife on it so I'm sure that helps.

Having used all 4 flavors of the Doctrine while playing on other people's accounts, the Counterbalance one really stands out. The other three all feel about the same, still good but not nearly the same level. Hidden hand doesn't seem important on primaries relative to snipers, especially fast RoF primaries like Doctrine. The reticle just bounces around so much more without CB.

edit: also range really isn't a problem for Doctrine so I don't think Rangefinder matters much. Rodeo might actually be the second best perk, supposedly reduces horizontal recoil but who knows.

Frenden

Banned
I played myself! All good. Already looking forward to next weekend. No more rotating maps pls

The rotating maps, but more specifically the maps in the rotation, kinda killed my interest this weekend.

But I'm gonna poopsockrepboosot Banner this week. My current gig is ramping up, so this may be my last PvP for a while.

todd360

Got matched up against Laced Up Lauren doing a carry. We lost 5-1.

The person she was carrying with did better than her and ended with a 6.0 KD. She was only .5 KD.

I was the only one to go positive with 1.2 KD.

We could have beat them.

Edit: And I was just informed they got stomped on their Final Boss. I'm ok with that.

Edit 2: I had higher ELO than all of them in Season 1. Damn we really could have won that.

Don't be mean to the laced up goddess! Send her a psn message right now! Apologize for shooting at her! I thought you were both a gentleman and a scholar, but it seems I was mistaken.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Lololololololololol
How I imagine you right now...

giphy.gif

Okay, looks like Trials is dead here. Fantastic.

I wouldn't say Trials is dead here, that and Banner have been the most consistent activity for awhile. But late Monday night is probably the deadest time for Trials. Most people have either finished their runs or given up by now. Also Trials can be hard to LFG since it's so competitive. A lot of people just play with their regular group and aren't comfortable jumping in with new people. Just my two cents of course. (edit: also a lot of people aren't confident about going for flawless)

Raid challenge modes and Challenge of Elders have been the only recent PvE activities that moved the needle at all.

I'm playing like crap now. But Frontier-Bannerfall-Frontier-Frontier at the start of the first card will do that to you. Not to mention 1 red bar nearly each match.

Not to mention the first card had Frontier and Bannerfall as well.

Homeboyd

I'm playing like crap now. But Frontier-Bannerfall-Frontier-Frontier at the start of the first card will do that to you. Not to mention 1 red bar nearly each match.

Not to mention the first card had Frontier and Bannerfall as well.
Was watching. That looked miserable. Red bar dudes all over Frontier, time and time again. Where do I sign up?!

Looking like I will only get Saturday and Sunday for Iron Banner. Going to be a grind getting all 3 characters to rank 5 in that short amount of time but I should be able to get it done. Fortunately I still have at least one weekly completed on each character from last IB.

Also Drizz I PM'd you, no rush just not sure how often you pay attention to it(I rarely do).

I was way better with my Warlock. Switched to Hunter and couldn't get anything going.

Frontier can go away, like for forever.

Sorry Drizz, calling it a night. My blood pressure is way too high.

Ggs Axo and Dmh. Sorry i stunk it up the latter half of our run. First half was awesome

I was way better with my Warlock. Switched to Hunter and couldn't get anything going.

Ggs Axo and Dmh. Sorry i stunk it up the latter half of our run. First half was awesome

No worries bro. Seemed like stress levels were high from watching the stream. Lord knows I can relate.

Probably a long shot but if anyone's around that wants to try helping me and Vaal run one last account through Trials, let me know.

Axoman

Thank you very much!

First card was smooth sailing to 7 wins and then the laggers came to play putting a stop to our mercury trip.

Next card, every game was tough and getting frontier with at least one hard to kill red bar 4 or 5 times pushed us to our limit. You and dmh played well, I've got to stop putting myself in bad positions and making it harder on you guys.

I wouldn't think having a 334 agg bals max range pc+1 would leave so many people with a sliver of health, but it happened so many times our second card. My overall light was 330, but is two to three overall light levels below enemies enough to do that?

I did get some good gear out of it though, so thanks again DMH and X.

Here's hoping for a good map next week.

the_id

Looks like we might have a rest raid starting tonight. We'll try and do at least two if our group isn't scrubby. 3 more spots

1. Kurt_niisan
2. Inthrall
3. The_id

I wouldn't think having a 334 agg bals max range pc+1 would leave so many people with a sliver of health, but it happened so many times our second card. My overall light was 330, but is two to three overall light levels below enemies enough to do that?

I've noticed that since the patch and the latest agg nerf. I'm going to tryout some different barrels this week

WeTeHa

Looks like we might have a rest raid starting tonight. We'll try and do at least two if our group isn't scrubby. 3 more spots

1. Kurt_niisan
2. Inthrall
3. The_id

I'm currently stuck in this bureaucratic nightmare trying to get these guys to send my certificate of conduct to my phd advisor. If I'm back in time, I'm game for up to 3 runs. Will let you know if I can make it.

NeOak

Thank you very much!

First card was smooth sailing to 7 wins and then the laggers came to play putting a stop to our mercury trip.

Next card, every game was tough and getting frontier with at least one hard to kill red bar 4 or 5 times pushed us to our limit. You and dmh played well, I've got to stop putting myself in bad positions and making it harder on you guys.

I did get some good gear out of it though, so thanks again DMH and X.

Here's hoping for a good map next week.

You're doing it wrong by using aggressive ballistics. The nerf was ridiculous.

the_id

I'm currently stuck in this bureaucratic nightmare trying to get these guys to send my certificate of conduct to my phd advisor. If I'm back in time, I'm game for up to 3 runs. Will let you know if I can make it.
One of my pet peeves about real life, dealing with bureaucrats, red tape and managers.

Let me know if you can't join.

Simbo

Neo Member
I've got a PC+1 with smooth bal, field choke, agg bal and reinforced barrel. Which is best to use out of the first run of perks? Field choke?

I've got a PC+1 with smooth bal, field choke, agg bal and reinforced barrel. Which is best to use out of the first run of perks? Field choke?

Probably smooth, reading the patch notes stability went down to -20 with Agg which ties in with some of the kills i'm missing

the_id

Looking for a group for a full reset raid tonight. Got maybe 3-4 so far.

1. Kurt_niisan
2. Inthrall
3. The_id
4. WeTeHa (depends if he wins against his bureaucrats)

Top Bottom