• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WipedOut

No fun week. Bungie looked at data and said, nope, they are having way too much fun. Let's have some of the shittiest modifiers and throw the book at them:

Namikaze1

Two helmets and one Spektar gloves from chests this week. At least I ended up getting the Space Age Mariner (last Sterling Chest exclusive ship I needed) and 4 more Crucible Rep boosters.

X-Frame

Looks like I'll be doing Iron Banner only this week.

On a related note, if you're 330-335 and get matched with 320 and below people in Iron Banner and use Hawkmoon with Accurized Ballistics you should be able to 2 shot those 320 and below.

10 Light difference in Iron Banner is 2.5% damage difference which is basically Aggressive Ballistics > Accurized Ballistics.

ocean

Banned
Cool, up to 332 now. Once I get a higher helmet and legs I'l be close to 334

EDIT: I got a 1KYS with Shortgaze SLH10/Hawkeye SLR15/Tacsys SLS15, grenadier, explosive rounds/reinforced barrel and hot swap. is Shortgaze/reinforced the best perks here for pvp?
Best middle row perk is Snapshot or QuickDraw. But that roll you got sounds super good. Bungie has contaminated the perk pool with so much useless garbage that any decent roll is to be treasured.

I've been reset raiding every week
except 2
since October 2014. For the first time ever, we finished all three hard raids without a single wipe.

What a time to be alive.

Don't be mean to the laced up goddess! Send her a psn message right now! Apologize for shooting at her! I thought you were both a gentleman and a scholar, but it seems I was mistaken.

Well, we all know what Todd's into now.

Keep your fandom in your pants, Todd. Also, stop tipping that fedora :p

Thank you SnakeEyes. Thank you so much for this comment lol

The rotating maps, but more specifically the maps in the rotation, kinda killed my interest this weekend.

But I'm gonna poopsockrepboosot Banner this week. My current gig is ramping up, so this may be my last PvP for a while.

No worries. Rotating maps is tough even for experienced folks. Frontier and Bannerfall are Mercury Widow Makers if you haven't played them enough. All I want for IB this week is a team of Bubble Titans and then to do a team of Sunsingers with Sunbreakers.

Namikaze1

Holy hell. Game got stuck in an endless loop. Infused an item and went to back out of the character screen. I backed out to yet another character screen except in this one I couldn't go to Quests, Inventory, Settings, and Roster tabs. I was locked to the Character Tab. Kept pressing circle to exit and all it kept doing was sending me back to the character tab. Had to close the app just to get it fixed.

WipedOut

Holy hell. Game got stuck in an endless loop. Infused an item and went to back out of the character screen. I backed out to yet another character screen except in this one I couldn't go to Quests, Inventory, Settings, and Roster tabs. I was locked to the Character Tab. Kept pressing circle to exit and all it kept doing was sending me back to the character tab. Had to close the app just to get it fixed.

Happended to me before, you don't have to close out the app, just have to try and pull up the ghost or something like that and you can get out of it. Known bug that was introduced in 2.0

Also, I don't remember lord of the wolves being this good. Did the Chaperone strike quest last night and was just melting fools with it. Straight up legit.

Same thing happened to me over the weekend. Lots of a odd little bugs in this update I've noticed. The friends list thing is very annoying.

Hit 335 a few days ago on my Hunter.
No raid/trials gear just a combination of CoE class items/ghosts, 3oC Exotics and Strike drops.
Good to be playing again.

Namikaze1

Cg98SQ9WkAA7MgI.jpg:orig

I wish it had a bigger mag. :(

Anyway, is it any good?

The CoE kick in the balls is here, exposure, trickle and melee kills bonus :d

And to top off the shit show the NF is fallen sabre, small arms, chaff, grounded, trickle

I ran CoE this morning with two guys 318 and 314 with myself a 320 and had little to no trouble. Got over 30K first run easy. I honestly don't think there is a combo they could put in CoE to make it challenging, since burns aren't a thing anymore at least.

Sorry for slow reply, I'll get back with you soon. Got a couple replies I need to send, but been slacking :p

No stress.

After 3 raids with Warpriest challenge my vault is just full of infusion fuel now. Going to take ages to sort it out. All my main PvP weapons are 335, probably just leave it until next week when I have more time.

except 2
since October 2014. For the first time ever, we finished all three hard raids without a single wipe.

What a time to be alive.

Isn't that only applicable to KF? Pretty sure we've done all 3 VoG and CE raids without a single wipe before...

not counting the wipes to save checkpoints etc..

Namikaze1

How were the modifiers?
It wasn't bad. Only hard part was the Warsat part. Boss fight was okay. Just gotta keep a safe distance and stay behind cover. Takes just two shots from the boss to kill you. When the shanks spawn, I would focus on them first. Especially the sniper shanks that spawn towards the end.

Trickle sucks though.

except 2

What a time to be alive.

Good shit.

Here I am celebrating 3 raids on reset night for the first time ever lol. 4 wipes from memory. One cause I forgot I changed to bumper jumper on Sunday and Melee'd thin air mid torn jump.

Isn't that only applicable to KF? Pretty sure we've done all 3 VoG and CE raids without a single wipe before...

not counting the wipes to save checkpoints etc..

Mainly talking about "full" raids (you can't wipe before Totems anyway). Back in the HoW days we mostly did Deathsinger + Gorgons CPs. I'm not totally convinced we've even done all those CPs without wiping, but I guess it's possible :p

Nobody from the current group was around during vanilla resets. Can't remember when everyone joined but maybe some current people started during Hard CE? Crazy to think it's been ~a year and a half of resets.

Top Bottom