• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Made it to rank 4 last night. Will finish up this afternoon :)

I can already tell the hatchet is a very very decent weapon...and I don't even have the vendor roll yet.

I always get excited about good weapon rolls, but then I always return to my staples. Hawksaw. PDX. Doctrine. Shotgun. Truth. I often wonder if that's a good or bad thing based on the weapon balance changes. On the one hand, I know what works for me now, but on the other hand I shy away from new guns because it forces me to change my play style which has continued to make me successful.

Top of Page Edit: Does Mayhem Rumble count towards Rumble grimoire? I knocked out a decisive win last night getting my Sterline box.

DeviantBoi

Would you like my 3 Spektar chests instead?
That's been my haul, as well. Three hunter Spektar chests.

Only gotten 1 Desolate Hunter cloak and 1 Desolate Warlock chest.

Does anyone know if the Taken emote can be claimed by having one Desolate piece in the character inventory (mixing classes, so not necessarily equipped) like those two Kings Fall shaders?

X-Frame

Hot damn the new Ishtar Commander iOS and Android app was just updated with some cool new features, like being able to see all the available Gunsmith rolls for packages you're holding plus Reputation along all characters.

Dave_6

I don't know about drops being better, played 16 games yesterday and had 3 Drops. Seems the same to me.

Well increased for me anyways. I usually get jack shit from IB, especially on the first day and only being rank 1. RNG gonna RNG I guess.

Homeboyd

Well increased for me anyways. I usually get jack shit from IB, especially on the first day and only being rank 1. RNG gonna RNG I guess.
For my first time playing IB ever, I ended up playing 26 games yesterday.

Got 5 331+ rocket launchers and 1 pair of boots. I did go 23W -3L though so I'm not sure how much that mattered for the drops.

Seemed like a pretty decent drop rate. Then again, like I said, never played before this.

I always get excited about good weapon rolls, but then I always return to my staples. Hawksaw. PDX. Doctrine. Shotgun. Truth. I often wonder if that's a good or bad thing based on the weapon balance changes. On the one hand, I know what works for me now, but on the other hand I shy away from new guns because it forces me to change my play style which has continued to make me successful.

Outside of 6's if you use anything but the above you're on a hiding to nothing, imo

LTWood12

What's worse is getting 334 drops when your 335

For science I started at 334, each time got 335 drops. During Oryx went to 335, had nothing but 334 drops.

Oh really? I thought drops were guaranteed to be 335 if you are 335. That stinks.

Variks loves to give me 334 weapons.

What's worse is getting 334 drops when your 335

For science I started at 334, each time got 335 drops. During Oryx went to 335, had nothing but 334 drops.

How is that worse? If you're already 335, you're 335. If you're 334, 334s don't help you get to 335.

At least the gauntlet engram decoded 335. I've got 86,000 on my elder sigil though.

WipedOut

Oh really? I thought drops were guaranteed to be 335 if you are 335. That stinks.

Variks loves to give me 334 weapons.

How is that worse? If you're already 335, you're 335. If you're 334, 334s don't help you get to 335.

At least the gauntlet engram decoded 335. I've got 86,000 on my elder sigil though.
If you're 335 you shouldn't be getting 334 drops. I'm saying that part of the system is borked.

On the bright side, Just two pieces of Zavala Armor to go, Got the Arms last night. Things look sweet.

LTWood12

So apparently strike specific loot still drops up to 335 even if picked from the director. I didn't realize that. Need to do a Grasp farm sometime. STILL don't have one.

spyder_ur

You poor souls with your 334 drops. *sheds tear*

The new system has made us spoiled.

IB drops seem much improved. Only played 5-6 games and saw 3 things drop that were all slight upgrades.

I tried to use Hawkmoon last night but am having a hard time getting back in the groove with it. In general, I'd like to be using IB to mess around with different weapons but the nature of IB makes that kind of difficult. Kind of struggling in PvP at the moment, but I haven't been playing very much of it lately.

spyder_ur

Has anyone messed around with the Lyudmilla post patch? It was one of my favorite weapons. Is it still outclassed by higher RoF pulses and autos?

IB drop rates have been insane for me, 3x 335 rocket launchers and 2x 335 class items so far in a night of playing; I have 3 characters up to 335 on Xbox now. Getting drops on losing matches so getting matched with crap randoms doesn’t hurt as much. Going to start working on PS dudes more this weekend to live the 6x 335 life, nice going Ji99a.

I might need more coffee this morning, because I'm not familiar with this term Mehr. Can you elaborate?

Going into battle under equipped

Has anyone messed around with the Lyudmilla post patch? It was one of my favorite weapons. Is it still outclassed by higher RoF pulses and autos?

Haven't tried Lyudmila but spare change still doesn't cut it, unless you land both bursts on there head
*Sigh* Now I want a god roll Grasp....

Honestly the vendor Hawksaw beats the grasp by a large margin (I've got a god roll) unless you have a full auto pad

Lnkn52

Going into battle under equipped

Haven't tried Lyudmila but spare change still doesn't cut it, unless you land both bursts on there head

Honestly the vendor Hawksaw beats the grasp by a large margin (I've got a god roll) unless you have a full auto pad

I'm still enjoying my old vendor Hacksaw, is the new vender one marginally better?

DeviantBoi

Is an Aegis of the Reef with the following perks any good for PvP? Better than the god-roll Doctrine?

Red Dot-OAS / SureShot IS
Perfect Balance / Reinforced Barrel
Lightweight
Counterbalance / Secret Round

Axoman

Did my first King's Fall in 2 months and boy howdy have the drops improved. I started the raid at 319 and made it up to 326 by the end.

I assume you got enough infusion fuel so you can play defender in PvP again?

For my first time playing IB ever, I ended up playing 26 games yesterday.

Got 5 331+ rocket launchers and 1 pair of boots. I did go 23W -3L though so I'm not sure how much that mattered for the drops.

Seemed like a pretty decent drop rate. Then again, like I said, never played before this.

That bubble train was a lot of fun. I'll have to do that with a group more often. I'm still surprised we lost that last game you played.

I don't know about drops being better, played 16 games yesterday and had 3 Drops. Seems the same to me.

I think it's just you. I had gotten a pair of 333 boots in my third game, by my 10th and final game of the night I had a 334 and 335 class item drop. So, I had a 30% drop rate, which is way better than what it has been before.

Trakan

Hunter PS4 cloak has a big ugly X on the back.

ChDxdGOWUAEzrLr.jpg:large

Gross.

X-Frame

I really don't understand why I don't see Juggernaut Titans more often in PvP.

Maybe it's because I play 6v6 most often, but even in 3v3's I rarely see it. Now that Univeral Remote is back it can be a very potent combo without having to worry about running out of ammo.

I assume you got enough infusion fuel so you can play defender in PvP again?

tumblr_inline_o4f44tEzso1rhojmw_500.gif

Putting me on blast! Love it. Your answer: yes.

Lately I don't get to raid, because it's too much of a time commitment. Yesterday though my normal raid group started early & was only doing one run, so it worked out. Those guys are aces, so we destroyed the raid in like an hour, super smooth.

Top Bottom