• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Dthomp

Had some really close and fun games, will try to keep the IB going strong. Join up on me (Dthomp) and get cool stuff (Probably not, but you might)

Dear LJ:

Got a Longbow; has all the (formerly) good scopes and snapshot, so that's alright. It's really blue.

Match making put me in IB with a fireteam of 5 striker titans ~LL320-330 all wearing non-striker exotics. Pretty amusing to be part of.

Went to CoO and met some folks who didn't seem to know how any of the encounters worked-- e.g. murdering cursed thrall on spawn, DPSing shielded taken cabal. Wtf.

Alienation is awesome.

I LOVE how you can do 1 of 3 things with loot: Pick it up, equip it OR dismantle it, right off the bat.
So basically if you see a bad item you know you don't want, you just dismantle it right then and there without picking it up and going into inventory and holding a button there.

Highly recommended if you like twin stick shooter fun

Chucker

Alienation is awesome.

I LOVE how you can do 1 of 3 things with loot: Pick it up, equip it OR dismantle it, right off the bat.
So basically if you see a bad item you know you don't want, you just dismantle it right then and there without picking it up and going into inventory and holding a button there.

Highly recommended if you like twin stick shooter fun

I really dug what I played of it last night (Training and first level).

Didn't really see anybody else playing it though.

Rehsa

Thanks Lnkn and Justin (&Colonol) for the IB and CoE, that machine gun with 23 rounds letsgooooooo lol. Went up a couple of light at least

glaurung

IB start was really terrible. Some Bongo fluke caused me to be rank 5 for the first 4 matches, and they my rank got zeroed - meaning I lost progress. gg Bongo.

Also, all matches were with tryhards. Laggers and Doctrines all round. Everybody and their dog has a Doctrine of Passing, did not see a single Multitool this time around.

547ee0f.jpg

Got this from one of the COE Sigil bounties.

Pretty good roll right?

GGs. Surprisingly sweaty though. At least the drops are a decent light level. I'd keep playing but I have a literature review to write. :d

Edit: ^that looks super solid. The flinch will probably be intense.

Unstable

I haven't seen DGAF this active since before The Great Divide.
Word on the street is that math class isn't as hot as it once was.

I guess the old DGAF adage stands firm, You'll be back.

could say it's our...

*puts on sunglasses*

D
e
s
t
i
n
y

Daemul

IB loot drops may be amazing now but the laggng has gotten even worse. The game shows that everyone has green bars and yet both the opposition team and my own teammates are teleporting around like Taken Thrall, it's fucking ridiculous.

inthrall

I haven't seen DGAF this active since before The Great Divide.
Word on the street is that math class isn't as hot as it once was.

I guess the old DGAF adage stands firm, You'll be back.

could say it's our...

*puts on sunglasses*

D
e
s
t
i
n
y

I was going to post something, but so many spoiler tags

I have to say, I have really enjoyed the destiny raids. I completed kings fall for the first time yesterday and enjoyed the experience - despite getting matched with a pretty wild lfg group!

It's nice to have a different set of mechanics to work with in a fps, it feels really unique. I especially liked the totems because it's the first time I have had to do a baton pass type thing in a video game as far as I can tell and it works really well. I should say - i do know that people didn't like the raid and I do think if I grinded it - it would get repetitive really fast. So I don't know that it's built for replayability really but as a new experience it was really positive.

I think vualt of glass is still my favorite out of the three raids but rose tinted glasses and nostalgia are strong things! Kings fall had some cool mechanics and in looking forward to seeing what else they throw our way in the future.

I have also enjoyed reading the lore - found a book of sorrows summary online which is a interesting read. That said with the focus on the hive over the past few expansions I kind of hope that bungie find a new story to tell - rather than bring oryx sisters as the next big bad.

Found time for 2-3 games of IB, first game I get 335(as a 334) rocket launcher. Shit rolls but at least its more infusion fuel.

Better then any previous IB so far, 3 rank 5 packages every IB since they were introduced and never once got a max light level item.

I have to say, I have really enjoyed the destiny raids. I completed kings fall for the first time yesterday and enjoyed the experience - despite getting matched with a pretty wild lfg group!

It's nice to have a different set of mechanics to work with in a fps, it feels really unique. I especially liked the totems because it's the first time I have had to do a baton pass type thing in a video game as far as I can tell and it works really well. I should say - i do know that people didn't like the raid and I do think if I grinded it - it would get repetitive really fast. So I don't know that it's built for replayability really but as a new experience it was really positive.

I think vualt of glass is still my favorite out of the three raids but rose tinted glasses and nostalgia are strong things! Kings fall had some cool mechanics and in looking forward to seeing what else they throw our way in the future.

I have also enjoyed reading the lore - found a book of sorrows summary online which is a interesting read. That said with the focus on the hive over the past few expansions I kind of hope that bungie find a new story to tell - rather than bring oryx sisters as the next big bad.
Word on the street is that the next raid will be on Mars, and will either be Vex or Cabal-themed lore. Maybe both.

Word on the street is that the next raid will be on Mars, and will either be Vex or Cabal-themed lore. Maybe both.

Cabal themed would be interesting - they seem like the most underused faction so far.

Far our speculation but I do wonder if bungie plans to throw any more factions into the mix with destiny 2 - I also wonder how they can move the story forward without just relying on oryx sisters - which would be a little uninspired in a universe that has so much potential.

I'll be honest, I still want the old rumours of the traveller actually being evil to come to fruition despite how far from that path the story has gone

My vault is bursting at the seams again!

I'm going to do 2X CoE runs with some of my reset crew tonight and then I'll be on for a Banana Train.

Trains I want to run on:
All Titan Bubble Train

All Sunsingers with Sunbreakers and Radiant Will and we all pop super at the same time so we can cover the map in 72 Solar Grenades.

Top Bottom