• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Lnkn52

6 x 335 get.

Xbone
PcJuo4O.jpg

PS
sZ1538e.jpg

Bungie not so pixel perfect

PvkJgQZ.jpg

My vault is bursting at the seams again!

I'm going to do 2X CoE runs with some of my reset crew tonight and then I'll be on for a Banana Train.

Trains I want to run on:
All Titan Bubble Train

All Sunsingers with Sunbreakers and Radiant Will and we all pop super at the same time so we can cover the map in 72 Solar Grenades.

Where is that hilarious gif of sunsingers in pantheon when you need it

WeTeHa

Uuuuuh... I'm doing PoE 41 right now and I joined a game in progress. And I can't get in the room. Variks doesn't teleport me and the door is closed. Wtf?

Made it to rank 4 last night. Will finish up this afternoon :)

I can already tell the hatchet is a very very decent weapon...and I don't even have the vendor roll yet.

Did my first King's Fall in 2 months and boy howdy have the drops improved. I started the raid at 319 and made it up to 326 by the end.

Here's what I got:
  • 326 Yasmin
  • 324 Fusion
  • 326 HMG (Normal)
  • 320 HMG (Harrowed, lower light than the normal, lol)
  • 324 Rocket Launcher
  • 330 Gloves
  • 320 Gloves
  • 326 No Backup Plans (from the exotic chest, the first time I've done that)
  • 329 Chest
  • 330 Class Item
  • 326 Artifact
  • 324 Artifact
  • 323 Ghost
  • 320 Ghost
5057539-6030387395-giphy.gif

Namikaze1

ANyone up for CoE? Just need to complete the Sigil on all three characters. Already hit 30k+ with all of them.

Just need to do five 30k runs.

Dave_6

Can confirm the increased drop rates in IB. Played maybe 5 games and got a 333 cloak and a 333 Hatchet. Hopefully by reset I'll have at least my Hunter close to 335.

I don't see how anyone can have SIX characters at 335 :O Fucking nuts.

LTWood12

It is uncontroversial to say Hawkian is a pillar of DGAF. He's helped so many with newbie raids, including a group of 4 of my friends. He's always been a voice of moderation & about enjoying the game even with its faults. This is the guy who raids at a high level but also uses guns not because they're "the meta", but because they're fun or different. A breath of fresh air.

I first became friends with him back in OT2, when we combined our voices in condemnation of the Loot Cave & explained the intricacies of the Year 1 Light System. When Challenge Mode was released, he was part of my raid crew with LT, T, Dorrsom & Kreepmode. (All amazing guys.)

Back in January, I was slow trolling the OT with posts about Chopped! & Witcher 3. I raved about Witcher really tapping into fatherhood feels & everyone said "Play Last of Us!" I didn't have time or money to buy it, but I appreciated the recommendation. Later that night, I receive a PM entitled "I can't help with the time...". Hawkian had bought me The Last of Us via PSN. This guy. Wow.

DGAF is the best!

I was blown away. A simple thank you seemed an insufficient show of gratitude, so I decided to revitalize my lapsed painting hobby to create a portrait of his guardian. This painting and the earlier practice ones of the Scarab Apelock & the Predestinator are the result of that.

So thank you, Hawkian. I hope you like your painting.

Hats off to Hawkian for all that he brings to DGAF!

tumblr_n1nx98yYrQ1ttoxpno1_400.gif

I'm still working on Last of Us! It is really good, but that opening is BRUTAL!

A great post about an even greater dude. Here here!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Have never needed to get in on a newbie raid but early on in Destiny Hawkians guides to getting to 24/26/28/30 were a god send so shout outs to Hawkian! Isn't just in DGAF either, the little time I played GW2 he was just as helpful there too, top bloke.
Thanks a ton man :) Also really appreciate the GW2 shoutout. Coincidentally GW2 is a blast right now as well and GAFGuild is really great if anyone feels like checking it out! I am a GL over there :} It's free to try now. We do guild missions (a set of activities with really solid rewards for guildies, most available to players at any level) every Saturday at 9PM EST.
Mine was the whole speech about how relying on the Cryptarch for your gear was idiotic, and all you need to do is get marks and buy the good stuff.
Haha thanks. Rahool is still a huge douche, though for some reason I don't hate the reef Cryptarch as much.

The funny thing is, while the redesigned Light drop/infusion system is definitely going to be more easily understood and appeal to a majority of players- they could actually turn Destiny into a legitimate loot game now, if they so desired- I do kind of miss, to an extent (up until level 29) the completely unusual buy-what-you-want-to-move-forward style of vertical progression. There just really wasn't and still isn't anything like it in other games, and even though it was frustratingly ill-explained to the player it was a breath of fresh air for me as someone who tends to have terrible RNG luck on the whole gaming-wide.

I really do like the new system. Hell, it's so rewarding that I feel like Bungie could have addicted the shit out of everyone playing to an unprecedented degree just by adding 100 Light instead of 15. But I do feel it homogenizes Destiny a bit. What I do like is that 100% infusion ensures that you can buy the vendor gun you really like and then with one lucky drop in the same class, have that gun endgame-ready. While I'd still enjoy actual transmutation, this has some real advantages over that not offered by other games.

It is uncontroversial to say Hawkian is a pillar of DGAF. He's helped so many with newbie raids, including a group of 4 of my friends. He's always been a voice of moderation & about enjoying the game even with its faults. This is the guy who raids at a high level but also uses guns not because they're "the meta", but because they're fun or different. A breath of fresh air.

I first became friends with him back in OT2, when we combined our voices in condemnation of the Loot Cave & explained the intricacies of the Year 1 Light System. When Challenge Mode was released, he was part of my raid crew with LT, T, Dorrsom & Kreepmode. (All amazing guys.)

Back in January, I was slow trolling the OT with posts about Chopped! & Witcher 3. I raved about Witcher really tapping into fatherhood feels & everyone said "Play Last of Us!" I didn't have time or money to buy it, but I appreciated the recommendation. Later that night, I receive a PM entitled "I can't help with the time...". Hawkian had bought me The Last of Us via PSN. This guy. Wow.

DGAF is the best!

I was blown away. A simple thank you seemed an insufficient show of gratitude, so I decided to revitalize my lapsed painting hobby to create a portrait of his guardian. This painting and the earlier practice ones of the Scarab Apelock & the Predestinator are the result of that.

So thank you, Hawkian. I hope you like your painting.

Hats off to Hawkian for all that he brings to DGAF!

tumblr_n1nx98yYrQ1ttoxpno1_400.gif

I'm still working on Last of Us! It is really good, but that opening is BRUTAL!

Got to run through Crotas end last week thanks to Hawkins kindness. Really do appreciate the fact that he is happy to help run new players through the raids and do so with such a positive, friendly and uplifting attitude.

LTWood12

There's a couple decent PDX-41 rolls. Either worth picking up?

Perfect Balance; Hidden Hand; Hand-Laid Stock
Fitted Stock; Headseeker; Rifled Barrel

WipedOut

Can confirm the increased drop rates in IB. Played maybe 5 games and got a 333 cloak and a 333 Hatchet. Hopefully by reset I'll have at least my Hunter close to 335.

I don't see how anyone can have SIX characters at 335 :O Fucking nuts.

I don't know about drops being better, played 16 games yesterday and had 3 Drops. Seems the same to me.

I did get this yesterday - Keeper or is vendor still better?

Persistance, Perfect Balance and Glass Half Full.
Capture1.png

LTWood12

I don't know about drops being better, played 16 games yesterday and had 3 Drops. Seems the same to me.

I did get this yesterday - Keeper or is vendor still better?

Persistance, Perfect Balance and Glass Half Full.
Capture1.png

Vendors' is better. Can't beat Perfect Balance+Counterbalance.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got to run through Crotas end last week thanks to Hawkins kindness. Really do appreciate the fact that he is happy to help run new players through the raids and do so with such a positive, friendly and uplifting attitude.
Thank you bob :}

Will be having a King's Fall newbie raid this Saturday afternoon for anyone interested. I'll post the sign-ups soon.

Top Bottom