• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

ocean

Banned
So Vendor IB RL is better than the one I got from before that had tripod and tracking?
Rockets without proximity detonation are basically useless in PvP. Even so, the IB RL has low blast radius so it isn't really amazing. You'll wanna stick to Truth, Ash Factory or the gunsmith Suros RL of you have any of them with the same roll. Tripod + G&H + all the blast radius and velocity you can get.

I don't know about drops being better, played 16 games yesterday and had 3 Drops. Seems the same to me.

I did get this yesterday - Keeper or is vendor still better?

Persistance, Perfect Balance and Glass Half Full.
Capture1.png
Persistence really shines on the highest rate of fire auto rifles due to the large magazines. It most likely wouldn't be overly effective on Haakon's Hatchet. Not bad though.

Axoman

Putting me on blast! Love it. Your answer: yes.

Lately I don't get to raid, because it's too much of a time commitment. Yesterday though my normal raid group started early & was only doing one run, so it worked out. Those guys are aces, so we destroyed the raid in like an hour, super smooth.

I'm just giving you a hard time. As a father of three young ones, I'm in a similar boat when it comes to playtime. I have to sacrifice sleep in order to play this game we love.

Still need this? I'm trying to run it on my Titan

I'm jumping on in five if you have space

Bobs_99

Also as a quick question: im thinking of bringing forward my year 1 truth, is that a good idea? What light level can I expect it to be? Will it be capped?

I'm hesitant to spend the marks on it if I will need to shard an exotic to actually bring it up to light level

I'm jumping on in five if you have space

Bobs_99

Also as a quick question: im thinking of bringing forward my year 1 truth, is that a good idea? What light level can I expect it to be? Will it be capped?

I'm hesitant to spend the marks on it if I will need to shard an exotic to actually bring it up to light level

Anything that is year 1 (no taken king symbol in the upper right), cannot be infused. It will max at 170 LL. In order to get a year 2 Truth, you need to buy it from the kiosk or find a new one. You can "farm" exotic shards as long as you have motes, glimmer, and one exotic shard to start with.

Anything that is year 1 (no taken king symbol in the upper right), cannot be infused. It will max at 170 LL. In order to get a year 2 Truth, you need to buy it from the kiosk or find a new one. You can "farm" exotic shards as long as you have motes, glimmer, and one exotic shard to start with.

Ah yeah sorry I should have said I was maybe planning to buy the year 2 version using the kiosk. I am not sure if I should though as I am light level 316 and I am not sure that it will help my light level or require infusing to be brought up to speed?

How does the exotic shard farming work out of curiosity? I assume you fully upgrade an exotic using motes of light to get the most shards but after you have done so is there an easy way to turn those shards into more shards?

And wow RNG is really killing me, I am level 316 but my helmet is only 305, every blue and purple engram I decrypt turns into a high level 200 helmet.

Thats the second purple helmet engram thats fallen really short of my level. Is it just RNG or am I doing something wrong? I have all max light level gear equipped and my helmet is by far my lowest.

I'm finding my Hammer Forged, Counter Balance, Rifled Barrel PDX to be particularly deadly. That extra bit of range is key.

I have this same roll and I use it over my vendor CB Hawksaw. Idk I love the spo 26 sight and with that hammer forged and rifled I have out gunned midas in their range.

547ee0f.jpg

Also got this to drop last night and I will say it does work.

Played 10 matches this morning and had a 335 rocket and 335 auto drop. Not bad! Give me those class items though. Needed much more for infusion fuel

HELP!

Man I struggled in Ib last night.

Warlocks, What class do you use I have a 334 Warlock with all subclasses unlocked, But I am fairly new to this class, What is good for MP, and what exotic armor do you use?

Also Jesus, I have no idea what weapon to use as prime

I kept swapping from Suros R, to Mida, to Nirwens Mercy. Which one do I use? I think Mida got me more kills than the others.

Help.

Im aces with my Titan, but struggling with my Warlock.

I'm just giving you a hard time. As a father of three young ones, I'm in a similar boat when it comes to playtime. I have to sacrifice sleep in order to play this game we love.

No worries. I know it's all in good fun.

I'm actually a pretty chill guy, and very chill when playing Destiny itself. I'm sensitive to the fact that I may be a bit of a drama queen in the thread, but given how dead it is, I think some exaggerated posts can generate some fun discussion.

I try not to go overboard with it. Hope it doesn't bother anyone too much.

Ah yeah sorry I should have said I was maybe planning to buy the year 2 version using the kiosk. I am not sure if I should though as I am light level 316 and I am not sure that it will help my light level or require infusing to be brought up to speed?

How does the exotic shard farming work out of curiosity? I assume you fully upgrade an exotic using motes of light to get the most shards but after you have done so is there an easy way to turn those shards into more shards?

And wow RNG is really killing me, I am level 316 but my helmet is only 305, every blue and purple engram I decrypt turns into a high level 200 helmet.

Thats the second purple helmet engram thats fallen really short of my level. Is it just RNG or am I doing something wrong? I have all max light level gear equipped and my helmet is by far my lowest.

You're close. You buy an Exotic Heavy. This will take 6 motes of light to fully upgrade when you are using a Heavy Telemetry. I did this 8 times in a row and got 2 Exotic shards each time I dismantled my Exotic Heavy.

So essentially:

-You buy the Exotic Heavy from the Kiosk. (-1 Exotic Shard, -2500 Glimmer)
-Pop your Heavy Telemetry. (-250 Glimmer, -5 Weapon Parts)
-Use 6 motes. (-6 Motes)
-Dismantle your fully upgraded Heavy Exotic. Here things can vary, I think. (+1 or 2 Exotic shards, +Glimmer?, +Motes?, +Weapon parts?)
-Repeat

Most likely you'll run out of glimmer before anything else.

Navy Bean

HELP!

Man I struggled in Ib last night.

Warlocks, What class do you use I have a 334 Warlock with all subclasses unlocked, But I am fairly new to this class, What is good for MP, and what exotic armor do you use?

Also Jesus, I have no idea what weapon to use as prime

I kept swapping from Suros R, to Mida, to Nirwens Mercy. Which one do I use? I think Mida got me more kills than the others.

Help.

Im aces with my Titan, but struggling with my Warlock.

Tbh, all 3 Warlock classes are good for PvP. But, the easiest one is probably Voidwalker with axiom bolt or scatter (if you have nothing mantacles). Stormcaller is also fun because the super is great and thunderstrike is borderline OP. Sunsinger also works because of the grenades but the super takes a bit of skill to master.

As for exotics, the Voidfang chest is a great option.

I'll never forget going against gene in trials, the first time i ever heard of him. Mainly Nami saying "oh fuck we're screwed" haha.

That boy got me with some insane snipes.

I'll never forget going against gene in trials, the first time i ever heard of him. Mainly Nami saying "oh fuck we're screwed" haha.

Reminds me of the weekend we did Doctrine runs. I was doing carries to 7 wins with Igor and we got matched with nKutch. Igor went ham and we won 5-4.

Namikaze1

I remember it well.

Reminds me of the weekend we did Doctrine runs. I was doing carries to 7 wins with Igor and we got matched with nKutch. Igor went ham and we won 5-4.
I tried to go into beast mode. The tank emptied out after that one Shadowshot round. That one unforgettable round.

I think we keep missing each other online. I had a lot going on recently so I haven't been able to devote time to this game as much as I did with Division during its first month.

What was your level progression like? In terms of what I should be doing, basically.

I'm 277. I'm at the last TTK quest, I believe, but I've been putting it off for dailies and stuff to start stacking Marks. I know I need to finish that but then what? Heroic Strikes for a little while?

I'm glad I caught the very end of that.

That's much more hype than when I faced him and iFrostbolt in Control, which was still pretty fun.

Rolled a Hawksaw last night with hammer forged, full auto, and snapshot/rifled barrel.

Better than vendor?

Yes and No. I actually have this roll, the new vendor, the old vendor, AND one with Hammer Forged, Counter Balance, with Rifled Barrel.

The vendor Hawksaw is a laser, but you will feel the damage fallouff if you try to shoot folks from range. Think about maps like Bannerfall, Memento, Blind Watch, Frontier, etc

The roll you have will be a REALLY tight spread with good range but kick slightly to the left. I personally loved this roll for a long time until I get the really good PDX roll the Gunsmith sold a while ago.

If you can overcome the sway to the left that roll is deadly. If you don't want to deal with that the vendor will be ideal but at the cost of ranged engagements.

Also, consider your playstyle. Can you close the cap quickly? Or do you like to hang back and pepper(my favorite Drizz term btw) folks from a distance.

darthbob

X-Frame

Anyone have a new Zombie Apocalypse?

I've been trying to get one back ever since I stupidly dismantled mine before TDB came out. I dismantled way to much good stuff during that time.

Jafku

I've been trying to get one back ever since I stupidly dismantled mine before TDB came out. I dismantled way to much good stuff during that time.

Yeah. It's pretty nice. My roll is Smooth Ballistics, Braced Frame, Life Support, Last Resort. It's really stable

LifEndz

Yup. Got it from a vanguard package. Void based, life support, feeding frenzy and perfect balance. Meh roll, but I like having it again as it was a favorite from year one.

Top Bottom