• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

GhaleonEB

Definitely Taken Prison of Elders. (It's the PoE armor but takenized)
PHM5tKSl.jpg

Updated PoE would get me back into Destiny in a big way, especially with the Taken. And especially if Taken rumble with other factions.

I'm expecting remixed content - strikes, PoE, missions, with new gear. I'd be pretty happy with that, really. Updated PoE has been on my wish list since TTK came out. It's a mode with potential that was never fully realized. And I missed fighting Skolas.

I'm actually one of the folks that doesn't want an updated VoG. :/

I know everyone loves it. I just want new, new, and more new.

Same here I'm more interested in what they're going to do with crucible and the drop rates

PoE gear looked awful as well, it's taken me forever to get the right look/stats, hopefully I can infuse/upgrade it

NeOak

Updated PoE would get me back into Destiny in a big way, especially with the Taken. And especially if Taken rumble with other factions.

I'm expecting remixed content - strikes, PoE, missions, with new gear. I'd be pretty happy with that, really. Updated PoE has been on my wish list since TTK came out.

Yes pls. PoE was fun.

I'm expecting remixed content - strikes, PoE, missions, with new gear. I'd be pretty happy with that, really. Updated PoE has been on my wish list since TTK came out. It's a mode with potential that was never fully realized. And I missed fighting Skolas.

I wanna see a Taken Skolas.

Also, I wonder if that Taken armor will be able to use Dyes...I want a pink-taken shaded armor.

I just mean as an "easy" and free update. It should have been the first thing that got updated.
I'm tired of their "events" though. We need at least one more substantial expansion.

Same here I'm more interested in what they're going to do with crucible and the drop rates

PoE gear looked awful as well, it's taken me forever to get the right look/stats, hopefully I can infuse/upgrade it

Yeah, I am actually a little anxious, because Y2 has been about me finding my footing in PvP in a good way.

I'm also hoping they talk about the emblems and shaders that don't seem to drop from strikes, crucible, and the Cryptarch!

And, new content will mean I will be playing just a bit more again and be able to grind out the last 6 factions exotic class items I need.

I just mean as an "easy" and free update. It should have been the first thing that got updated.
I'm tired of their "events" though. We need at least one more substantial expansion.

Ah, that's fair then. I agree, the events so far have been pretty weak. Although, depending on how significant this update is, little event hear and there between releases and updates is fine with me.

Deku Tree

Well everyone wants that... but we are not getting that from the LIVE TEAM never, ever, and never... and we are never, ever, and never getting it for free.

Trakan

They're just going to Takenify everything, aren't they?

Of course it has to come out on the exact date Dark Souls 3 does. It'll be a while before I get around to it.

Jinjo

Was hoping for a raid, but that was always a long stretch. I'll take whatever bone Bungie throws at me now. I'm thirsty for more, I miss Destiny.

Namikaze1

Dammit. Had to be during Dark Souls 3 week. Goddammit.

Edit: goddammit! THE UPDATE GOES UP ON DARK SOULS 3 (US) RELEASE DATE

BUNGIE PLEASE!!

Jinjo

I hope to god that Taken armor isn't our new end gear armor. Shit is ugly af.

I just hope there's new 6-player content in there.

Blueblur1

I hope its not just PoE and 1 new strike. Updated PoE with Taken and re-used assets is the easiest and laziest thing they could do.

Oh cool, I'll have a reason to play destiny again. PoE armor was the worst of the worst, so I hope that's not all there is on the PVE side of things.

chur

What if we're fighting taken guardians. OMG that would be dope!
I'm setting myself up for disappointment.

Well, now we know why there wasn't a taken shader with King's Fall.

Hopefully, there's more PvE content besides PoE and a new strike but so far this smells like HoW 2.0.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
One more vote against the ugly PoE armour. I hope that isn't the high level gear we will be working towards.

Titan legs, Hunter helmet and arms were alright. The rest of it was weak.

I hope its not just PoE and 1 new strike. Updated PoE with Taken and re-used assets is the easiest and laziest thing they could do.

Well, they could just go: Kings Fall Normal drops gear up to 315, Kings Fall Hard drops gear up to 330. That would be much easier. Or, conversely: Kings Fall max is still 310 but Hard Mode goes from 310-330.

But I get what you are saying. I was hoping for a new Raid in there for the higher light level gear. Reminds me, I need to do more King's Fall. Also hope they bring back the old raids for some purpose so that people play them...I really want Nechrochasm and hope they Y2 it...

ocean

Banned
This actually sounds like a HoW-sized expansion.

Meaning 1 Strike and 1 Arena (now with Taken!). HoW brought us a grand amazeballs total of 3 Exotic Weapons, which I wouldn't be surprised if this update matched. Not too high a bar.

HoW had some nice story missions though, I don't see this update having as many. Likewise HoW brought several Crucible maps, this update might have 1 or 2 but seriously doubt more than that.

Whatever, I'll take it. Can't wait to see people on my friends list playing Destiny again.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Man, this sounds awesome! Now implement Match-Making for all challenges of PoE and I'm in again (my friends will never come back to Destiny :( )

Namikaze1

Now that I actually read it, I'll be looking forward to watching the streams over the next three weeks.

But still, on Dark Souls Day, Bungie? Why?! ;___;

maomaoIYP

Hahaha it drops on the day Dark Souls 3 launches. Continue to stay irrelevant, Destiny. *sigh*.
The new strike must be the one which drops Helm of Krolok.
Also I'm guessing Doctrine will be nerfed. Hopefully buff the Fusions correctly this time. And most likely increase the amount of latency needed to show a green bar again.

Sparrow horns. You can now infuse your weapons and armor with sparrow horns to bring them up to max light level.

Ugh, I really want them to announce that is coming back in April too. I really liked SRL and want to play it again (also would love a new track or two).

Top Bottom