• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Since we're getting an evil taken guardian update

We should get an updated Thorn for year 2

#Thorn4year2
#PoisonLife
#DotDotDot
#SaltGenerator
#BestCannon
#SexyShot
#ThornYouIntimately

Breezy pls

200w.gif

You don't have to do this.

Dez_

Glad to see the spring content coming out next month. Will keep expectations in check (low), but I am interested to see if they'll do anything interesting with what I imagine to be remixed content.

Coming out the same day as Dark Souls 3, huh? I know what I'm going to focus my game time on then.

Frenden

Banned
I'm most curious about the endgame and the handling of light levels and infusion. If that's still double busted, I'll be bummed.

I'm most curious about the endgame and the handling of light levels and infusion. If that's still double busted, I'll be bummed.

I can't imagine they'll do the overhaul that they need. The best I feel we can reasonably hope for is guaranteed max light drops for the new endgame content as opposed to now where it is a 10 light level range.

keakster

This is what I'm waiting on. Part of me is hoping that you will still be able to get max light level gear from the Raid and not only whatever the new PvE content is. I realize they will have to bump up the drops in King's Fall for this to happen, something they have not done in the past, but I do not want the only way to reach max light to be through a remixed (Taken) PoE.

PoE is what caused me to take a break from this game and I only got back into it after TTK had been out for a while and had positive word of mouth (ie. what people here were saying). I like the idea of having more than one PvE activity being able to bring you up to max, even though that is counter to what Bungie has done in the past. Here's hoping for a bit of a change.

Only frustrating thing is we will probably have to wait until the sandbox stream three and a half weeks from now to get the details on this.

From what I've seen that is definitely the case!

For example:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_v1v0t8Q5xg

hahahaha wtf is this?! That baby face around 3:42 to 415 is pretty damn creepy haha

I don't know you but now I really don't know you.

I kinda don't know you anymore as well.
/s but really play it :3

I know, I know... I got super excited for the DLC, had to play NG+ from beginning to
Amelia
(which gave me a worse time the 2nd time around), and I just got to the DLC starting area. I have to get in that mode again :p

hahahaha wtf is this?! That baby face around 3:42 to 415 is pretty damn creepy haha

It's two polygon employees who also host the "My Brother, My Brother, and Me" podcast just going into games making terrible stuff with the character creator and then doing a bunch of dumb stuff with Mods and console commands haha.

ocean

Banned
Destiny comes first. I think playing with a group the moment stuff is fresh and not in farm yet is just so vital to the experience. Any other game is just as good if played a week later.

Bring on the blind Strike run :p

Even if the Incursion comes out that day, and even Dark Souls III. I'll be playing Update 2.2 first thing. Can't wait for it.

Just got caught up with the BWU. Honestly it felt like they were trying to do a better job, especially the line at the end "See you next Wednesday. With news. About the game!" At least giving us a few concrete details with minimum fluff instead of the vague allusions we're always complaining about here.

Excited about the Twitch streams, excited about the improved communication, excited about actual new content that we'll eventually complain about, haha. The only downside is apparently I have to beat Dark Souls 3 on April 11 so I can be free for Destiny the next day....

So that banner image... That looks like the Fallen themed armor from HoW. So either we get a way to use old armor or an updated Fallen set plus a Taken shader, or a new Taken armor set using the Fallen armor models (reusing models makes me sad :( ).

• Old armor + shader: Seems unlikely, since we've moved on from ascending gear
  • Updated armor + shader: Maybe. New difficulty levels for PoE?
  • Taken armor: Also possible. Reward for the new activities?

Either way, I hope they've tweaked the double RNG of drops+LL.

Gimme them twitch streams nao

I'm listening to the DP podcast, people think storm caller is overpowered?

The Super starts as a Titan smash AND THEN lasts about 8 minutes of roaming death that can kill the same people again after they respawn. Oh, and the melee has auto-aim and so much range you can snipe with it.

But yeah, bumping Titan melee range up to 4.5 meters to combat Stormcallers 15 meters definitely fixed things, Bungie.

But what do I know, apparently according Sunsingers are weak and need a buff?

Accept your Warlock overlords, peasants.

Sincerely,

A concerned Titan

200w.gif

Two people on my 10 page friends list (every single one of whom I added for Destiny) are on.

Rip in pieces

Trials will bring some people back. I'll do one card at some point just for a shot at some Int/Str second wind boots, then back to TLoU, which i'm kicking myself about not playing earlier

Just started playing since level 32 as the cap. What should I be doing first out of the content that has been added after Crota? Probably going to start with my hunter but I have all 3 classes at 32, any of the new subclasses a must try immediately?

Doomed as the last post on the previous page but, just do the story/quests. If you play Hunter Nightstalker is a must (you get it after finishing the first TTK story from the Vanguard). One tip decrypt your engrams one by one and always have the highest light equipped as it should give you higher than what you have on, also make you first purchase with legendary marks a 280 ghost (unless you get lucky and get a high level blue)

Edit theres bound to be a huge bomb in the patch, imagine if they made us rebuy all our exotics to get to new max level :d

Tri4

I don't think the problem with trancendance is how long it lasts, but that holding the trigger doesn't drain it AT ALL. I think firing the arc should cause slight drain, that way the duration can still be long enough to warrant using the perk, while not lasting as long if you float through the map holding the trigger.

maomaoIYP

Man when I picked up the remaster I loved that multi-player. I got to be pretty good at it too. It was so tense and fun. The in-game shop added neat complexity to it too. I think it was the first game I played with GAF too :p.

I played it when TLoU launched on the PS3. I heard some DLC weapons broke the game later down the road, not sure if the community is still alive.

I played it when TLoU launched on the PS3. I heard some DLC weapons broke the game later down the road, not sure if the community is still alive.

I think the most recent batch of weapons they added that hurt the meta. I think one was a shotgun which is ridiculous. The way the weapons were monetized was a bit gross too. Don't know about the community either, it's been a long time since I've played.

2real4tv

Trials will bring some people back. I'll do one card at some point just for a shot at some Int/Str second wind boots, then back to TLoU, which i'm kicking myself about not playing earlier

Doomed as the last post on the previous page but, just do the story/quests. If you play Hunter Nightstalker is a must (you get it after finishing the first TTK story from the Vanguard). One tip decrypt your engrams one by one and always have the highest light equipped as it should give you higher than what you have on, also make you first purchase with legendary marks a 280 ghost (unless you get lucky and get a high level blue)

Edit theres bound to be a huge bomb in the patch, imagine if they made us rebuy all our exotics to get to new max level :d

Played on the ps3 it such an awesome game can't wait for the sequel.

Jinjo

Excited about the Twitch streams, excited about the improved communication, excited about actual new content that we'll eventually complain about, haha. The only downside is apparently I have to beat Dark Souls 3 on April 11 so I can be free for Destiny the next day....

I think my approach is gonna be to farm the new destiny content for a solid week, then start playing dark souls 3 when Destiny is back to weekly-upkeep status.

I don't expect that Division Incursions will reel me in over Destiny/Dark Souls.

JonCha

The new update sounds interesting, particularly the new strike, increasing level cap and the new armour cap. I haven't played in months. Maybe this a good time for me to jump back in and experience the new content?

Jinjo

taken prison of elders? jesus christ bungie

did anyone even like prison of elders the first go round

People liked the E.Light system, not so much PoE yeah.

Anyway, it's not 100% confirmed it'll be a taken version of PoE. Might just be a way for them to show a new Taken shader.

People liked the E.Light system, not so much PoE yeah.

Anyway, it's not 100% confirmed it'll be a taken version of PoE. Might just be a way for them to show a new Taken shader.

idk it seems too coincidental that they're all wearing Poe armor.. fully expecting some silliness like grind for old gear with 330 light just like they did with trials

Top Bottom