• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Think it's time for a break from IB. Went from 15-7 and 21-11 games, to a 2-11. Got 6 drops though. I need to do 2 more NFs, but it seems everyone is caught up in IB fever : /

Next OT title should reference coming back to life maybe a Warlock reference or something. No?

Given that the update was *very* thin on content and people who only care about 335 will hit that this week, I'd say the next thread will wind up being even deader than this current one. Especially since Bungie said no more updates til Fall.

So, in light of that:

And_stay_down_medal1.png

OT |41| And Stay Down

That's unfair. Was just going for a Cheap Warlock joke.

I'd say the update was great and finally put Year 2 on solid footing, even if activities are limited, which is fine. Bungie said they want us to play other games, they just want us to leave happy. I'd say we can finally do that now.

So my suggestions are something like:

OT |41| See you this Fall
OT |41| Holding down the fort
OT |41| Come for the loot, stay for the community
OT |41| Come for the LL, stay for the D(GAF)

:p

D_psipher

Given that the update was *very* thin on content and people who only care about 335 will hit that this week, I'd say the next thread will wind up being even deader than this current one. Especially since Bungie said no more updates til Fall.

So, in light of that:

And_stay_down_medal1.png

OT |41| And Stay Down

OT |41| Come for the loot, stay for the community
:p

Damn, that medal and suggestion is Dave Chappelle levels of cold-blooded. But I actually like the other suggestion. It fits the community better.

Iceman829

Interesting thing happened in IB last night. I left one party and group to join a second party and group. All seemed normal until I spawned into the match and ... the two groups were playing each other.

And, to top it off, I was still on my "old" team playing against the "new" team while in a party with the new team. It was weird.

So I did what anyone would do - I sought out Axoman and tried to kill and teabag him as much as possible...
didn't work as well as planned

Dude playing the dude disguised as another dude

I would've teabagged you guys as well if I was on the other team. It's the proper way to say hello

Axoman

Interesting thing happened in IB last night. I left one party and group to join a second party and group. All seemed normal until I spawned into the match and ... the two groups were playing each other.

And, to top it off, I was still on my "old" team playing against the "new" team while in a party with the new team. It was weird.

So I did what anyone would do - I sought out Axoman and tried to kill and teabag him as much as possible...
didn't work as well as planned

Ha, I think the teabaggery was about equal. I don't remember who got who first, I think you won that battle though.

D_psipher

Dude playing the dude disguised as another dude

I would've teabagged you guys as well if I was on the other team. It's the proper way to say hello

Was almost late to work watching that movie and that scene this morning. I loved RDJ peeling off his make-up going through all of his characters.

It went great, thanks for asking. I did bust out laughing randomly one time when we were walking through the park and passed a guy in a Dolphins hat, the song you kept playing just immediately went through my mind

This is almost as good as "Killed by the Architects"

Is it possible to have TWO good OT titles in a row? They play off each other perfectly...and the next OT will be really slow. Summer starting...no new content until Fall.

I would feel really bad if the "And Stay Down" is the OT title because it's so negative.

I feel like they righted the ship, but haven't corrected the course? Xplicit's "They Fixed Some of It" actually made me lol, with it's glib bluntness.

Reminds me of:

I really do think Destiny is in a pretty good spot to ride out the rest of the year.

For comparison: I looooooooooove Diablo, but I don't play it every week. It feels great to play for however long and then I can pick it up whenever. Diablo is always there for me. Destiny as is is at a point where it's rewarding to play for however you want. The content has mostly been exhausted, but I can't even manage to play through a full Diablo season for a totally new toon. And that's fine.

tl;dr: Yes, I think the next thread will be really dead, but unlike before, that'll be okay.Why?

Destiny is finally rewarding! It has the content to play for a bit if that's all you care about and the community to play for a long time if you want to stay.

WipedOut

It went great, thanks for asking. I did bust out laughing randomly one time when we were walking through the park and passed a guy in a Dolphins hat, the song you kept playing just immediately went through my mind

That's Hilarious! I only played it when we won, it's your guys own fault for being so good. Just Sayin',

Top Bottom