• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

X-Frame

Question for anyone here who has 2+ PS4's in your household, have you ever had connection issues in general? How about with Destiny specifically? If you ended up solving them, what helped?

My buddy and his girlfriend each have a PS4 in their apartment in NYC with Time Warner Cable and they've been almost always red barring in PvP and even PvE sometimes, and I can barely hear them in chat without them breaking up. Also they get kicked often.

They do currently have a 2-in-1 modem/router combo (which I haven't been hearing good things about), yet are paying for the highest speeds from from TWC at 300 download. Still, Destiny is basically unplayable for them and it's worse when they play together.

Any recommendations on how they can remedy this?

From what I have plated of Iron Banner so far, I am very pleased that it seems to be more rewarding and useful to my characters' progression. Good changes.

So I finished a Iron Banner match last night and got an Exotic Special Engram (329 Hereafter), but I didn't have a 3oC active. Is this a thing?

Deku Tree

Only need 335 chest piece for last character to be 335.
Get chest exotic engram.
Decodes on 335 Titan.
Gets armamentarium.
Looks at it...
Turns off game.

So whats the "best" sniper these days?

Still 1K stare?

havent touched Destiny in like 3 months and jumped in IB, 20kills and got some nice boots for my hunter.
TLW is nerfed but I still pulled of some good kills, my 1K stare did the job well.

Only need 335 chest piece for last character to be 335.
Get chest exotic engram.
Decodes on 335 Titan.
Gets armamentarium.
Looks at it...
Turns off game.
Welcome to my world. 8x334 arms and only 2 at 335

RBlQL1A.jpg

shenze

Banned
Question for anyone here who has 2+ PS4's in your household, have you ever had connection issues in general? How about with Destiny specifically? If you ended up solving them, what helped?

My buddy and his girlfriend each have a PS4 in their apartment in NYC with Time Warner Cable and they've been almost always red barring in PvP and even PvE sometimes, and I can barely hear them in chat without them breaking up. Also they get kicked often.

They do currently have a 2-in-1 modem/router combo (which I haven't been hearing good things about), yet are paying for the highest speeds from from TWC at 300 download. Still, Destiny is basically unplayable for them and it's worse when they play together.

Any recommendations on how they can remedy this?

I run 2 PS4's all the time with almost no issues. I used to use a Linksys router that was a piece of junk. About a year ago I switched to a Netgear and have had no issues. Not sure on the model#, at work right now.

X-Frame

I run 2 PS4's all the time with almost no issues. I used to use a Linksys router that was a piece of junk. About a year ago I switched to a Netgear and have had no issues. Not sure on the model#, at work right now.

Thanks! And did you tweak the Router settings or do anything specific once you hooked up the new Router? Or is everything on default settings?

phen0m24

Thanks! And did you tweak the Router settings or do anything specific once you hooked up the new Router? Or is everything on default settings?

X I have 2 PS4's and one iPad running pretty much all the time. We're pretty stable.

and I have a Linksys router lol EA6900

OT41|We MIDA have a meta
OT41|You call that a Diversion?
OT41|Pandora's Sterling Treasure Box

Axoman

1st IB game of the new season on XB1... joined in progress! And on Dreadnaught (both super meh).
But....

Got a 333 Heavy when I'm 329 and my max heavy was 326 which now makes me 330.

New reward system is hype. If only I didn't get off of work way too late.

I saw you were on just as I was logging off. Had I been staying on longer, I would have seen if you wanted to team up. We had a train going for most of the night.

IB has been very rewarding for me so far, gotten a few pairs of 333+ boots, 335 primary and 3 or 4 335 class items. I've yet to have the rocket launcher drop at all.

spyder_ur

Wait if IB packages are only dropping 320 ghosts, what is the best path to high level ghosts? Mine are in the low 320s. I was just assuming IB would drop at least to 330.

Axoman

Thanks for the 320 IB boots and pants last night guys. Maybe I'll play again this weekend if I finish up rank 20 in the gears beta

If you would have had your best gear, those boots and pants would have been 322-324!

Wait if IB packages are only dropping 320 ghosts, what is the best path to high level ghosts? Mine are in the low 320s. I was just assuming IB would drop at least to 330.

Challenge of Elders can drop up to 335 ghosts.

Deku Tree

Speed run CoE and hope for end of match ghosts. Or do KF HM totems and Oryx.

End of game IB rewards have a chance to drop high lvl ghosts too?
Trials gold bounty?

ocean

Banned
I wish CoE face Vanguard + HoJ rep, the way Crucible gives Crucible + Faction. As is, I'll never ever ever get a good Comedian :/

If you ever want to go to CoO and farm for sublimes let me know!
I definitely do at some point. I have a ton of runes left and am still salty that 2/3 from the last run were duds.

On a related note, I got a sublime leg engram today that decoded into the new Hunter boots from a dreg on patrol so that was good. =p

The free ghost at rank 5 is 320. Ghosts that drop normally should scale with light level. If they are dropping.

Coe is the fastest place for ghosts and class items upto 335

I saw you were on just as I was logging off. Had I been staying on longer, I would have seen if you wanted to team up. We had a train going for most of the night.

IB has been very rewarding for me so far, gotten a few pairs of 333+ boots, 335 primary and 3 or 4 335 class items. I've yet to have the rocket launcher drop at all.

Definitely going to play more to get myour chars > 330. I should be on tonight. Just played 2 games

spyder_ur

Thanks for the answers. I've ran plenty of CoE but I feel like I haven't seen very many ghosts drop?

My 317 ghost Nightfall drop was disgusting.

LifEndz

Have a Grasp of Malik with
Red Dot
Outlaw
Glass half full
Feather mag or Perfect balance

Good roll or should I keep farming?

Deku Tree

Has anyone experienced this? Apparently Triple Tap on snipers is broken in PvP? Rewarding things like a full mag for a single headshot?
https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/4grj6o/triple_tap_is_a_god_tier_perk_on_snipers/

I was firing hung jury with 16 in the mag on WP non stop with a Hori full auto pad, and I hit every head shot, and I only reloaded once in a full long damage cycle. Is it broken on Hung Jury in PvE too? I wasn't paying attention to my remaining ammo TBH.

Top Bottom