• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Looking at my map stats on Destinytracker and it looks like my highest k/d is on the Mars SRL track lol. The one that actually counts though is a tie between dungeons and Cathedral which is surprising since I hate the latter. My worst map is blind Watch which is no surprise given how bad it is.

X-Frame

Lol yeah we went up against both TV and Gene.

It was actually close and we might have pulled it off if I wasn't scrubbing it up and uploading screen caps to Twitter lol.

Edit: Watched the video... LOL @ "Poor guy tried to leave the match." I was actually taking a screenshot of the scoreboard. =P

Hahaha, I saw that too.

Theorry

Screw these connections really. Whole enemy team red and yellow bars and i with green connection gets kicked to orbit with a error. F you.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Twlight garrison for sale...

Gonna be hilarious seeing all those Titans farting around in PVP.

WeTeHa

3 spots on train. Shoot me a message if you want in and we'll go to orbit after the match.

Edit: First match on warlock, top scorer bounty done. Thanks, nova bomb multikill.

Deku Tree

FYI AX19 rare ship is for sale. First time it's been for sale in y2 as far as I know.

I am now only missing one rare ship from the kiosk.

Ballistic

Question for anyone here who has 2+ PS4's in your household, have you ever had connection issues in general? How about with Destiny specifically? If you ended up solving them, what helped?

My buddy and his girlfriend each have a PS4 in their apartment in NYC with Time Warner Cable and they've been almost always red barring in PvP and even PvE sometimes, and I can barely hear them in chat without them breaking up. Also they get kicked often.

They do currently have a 2-in-1 modem/router combo (which I haven't been hearing good things about), yet are paying for the highest speeds from from TWC at 300 download. Still, Destiny is basically unplayable for them and it's worse when they play together.

Any recommendations on how they can remedy this?

X, sorry for missing your original post. The twc dual modem i had was ass. I'm currently running 4 ps4s, 2 wired and 2 wifi, with 3+ phones running you tube videos or pandora at the same time And I provide my mother inlaw about a 150 feet away. I have 200down and 30up. When they did my upgrade, I was issued the dual and was lucky to get 10d and 2u on my wired console. They came out and said the line was fine so I put my 100mb Arris surfboard modem back on and replaced my linksys with a nighthawk. My son went from constant nat issues at 10d and 1u, on a good day, to no nat issues and butter internet. And from what I read about the dual modem is it needs to be set in bridge mode so the 2 sides aren't always in conflict. Because my speeds improved dramatically with my old 100mb modem, I didn't bother trying bridge mode. Instead I upgraded my modem to the recommended surfboard modem and haven't had any issues since. Just last weekend we went to mercury and its fairly common that we're all in the same group for KF raid without issues. I'm not running any special settings. Oh, TWC cable charges a rental fee so the cost of the modem is about the same as a year or so of rental fees and zero headaches.

Waldini

Sjeesh.

The grind feels real again. Stopped Destiny in november 2015. Came back 1/2 weeks ago. Still in love with the feeling of this game. Incredible.

My Titan is currently at 320. Will this allow me to play Trials? Or is the gap between 320>335 to big? I have a SUROS Regime (320) that seems to shoot air. Have no infusion materials because I've stopped grinding for 6 months...

How do these bounties work? What's the best way to get that Doctrine? :eek:

I got a 335 IB RL with a better roll than the one Salad is selling. But I really don't use anything exotic in PvP except the Truth.

I also jumped on early and snagged the hunter helmet. It's the only exotic armor I didn't keep in Y1. I had it drop twice and deleted it for space.

And HAPPY TRIALS DAY! I am hoping for a good SINGLE map :p

I will be on around 6pm EST tonight. Would love to do a run with Nami and Todd tonight if possible. We haven't played all together in a bit! Also, X, Igor, Drizz, John, the rest of you beautiful Trials people, I'll be around all night for runs.

Hey Zavala, seen a mirror lately?

ChNpJioUcAA3t_l.jpg:large

Namikaze1

I got a 335 IB RL with a better roll than the one Salad is selling. But I really don't use anything exotic in PvP except the Truth.

I also jumped on early and snagged the hunter helmet. It's the only exotic armor I didn't keep in Y1. I had it drop twice and deleted it for space.

And HAPPY TRIALS DAY! I am hoping for a good SINGLE map :p

I will be on around 6pm EST tonight. Would love to do a run with Nami and Todd tonight if possible. We haven't played all together in a bit! Also, X, Igor, Drizz, John, the rest of you beautiful Trials people, I'll be around all night for runs.
Yeah, I got the exact same roll the vendor has except instead of Field Scout it's Javelin.

I'll be around at 6.

Map's gonna be Memento

Pity has taken up that cause, He was playing it last night not me.
Did Frenden ever said he followed through with that thing we discussed about in chat?

Yeah, I got the exact same roll the vendor has except instead of Field Scout it's Javelin.

I'll be around at 6.

Map's gonna be Memento

Did Frenden ever said he followed through with that thing we discussed about in chat?

Oh, he did...Yah'll are some monsters!

Maybe we should all run with the Dolphins Shader in Trials tonight.

Question for anyone here who has 2+ PS4's in your household, have you ever had connection issues in general? How about with Destiny specifically? If you ended up solving them, what helped?

My buddy and his girlfriend each have a PS4 in their apartment in NYC with Time Warner Cable and they've been almost always red barring in PvP and even PvE sometimes, and I can barely hear them in chat without them breaking up. Also they get kicked often.

They do currently have a 2-in-1 modem/router combo (which I haven't been hearing good things about), yet are paying for the highest speeds from from TWC at 300 download. Still, Destiny is basically unplayable for them and it's worse when they play together.

This graph shows the throughput I use when playing Iron Banner, but the same goes for any 6v6 mode. The spikes are when I record GameDVR clips. The dips are between matches while in orbit.

Any recommendations on how they can remedy this?

I'd have them check how much throughput they're actually getting at the consoles and at the modem. Depending on what you're doing, Destiny uses a non-trivial amount of throughput. If you're playing 6v6 you're going to use, on average, about 600kb/s throughout the match in both directions. That's kilobits, not bytes.

5GwuVa6.png

If your friends are both playing 6v6 they're using 1mbit of download AND upload guaranteed and that's before you start talking about any voice comms or other stuff going on on the network. If they have a 10mbit down 1mbit up plan, for example, they're going to be hitting the limits when playing together.

WipedOut

I'll be around at 6.

Map's gonna be Memento

never heard back, let me check and see if that person is still on my friends list. lol

Edit: Monsters we are I guess.

Can a brother get a trials carry this weekend. I need that Cat Emblem Hype.

Assistance in a trials run means you'll never hear me play that Miami Dolphins song again if you're in a party with me.

Rehsa

Make that 8.

If I get to 10 in a row, screw IB solo for life

EDIT 9. fuckasdfadfasdfasdf.

Widow's Court is so bad.

1 final match..... fuck.

Went 0-9 on XB1 IB so far. I told myself after game 10 I'd stop no matter win or lose. I just wanted to end the night on a win after having 5 medallions.

Well... Game 10 was EXODUS BLUE! Hype. First time tonight out of a crap ton of games on PS4.

Anyways... it was 4v4 THE ENTIRE MATCH! And guess what... 4v4 was fucking AWESOME as I expected it to be. Please Bungie, gimme 4v4... it's the perfect amount of people for clash. Probably would be awesome for skirmish/salvage as well. Elimination oth... I'd be down to give it a try but it'd probably be more chaotic haha. Still, this makes me want custom games even more so we can have official playlists with awesome game modes that the community would create.

TUEF1Ox.png

Lol damn dude, glad you finally got the last one. I had a 4v4 yesterday in my scrub rando play and I agree it's fun. A rotating 4v4 would be cool, maybe one type each week

X-Frame

X, sorry for missing your original post. The twc dual modem i had was ass. I'm currently running 4 ps4s, 2 wired and 2 wifi, with 3+ phones running you tube videos or pandora at the same time And I provide my mother inlaw about a 150 feet away. I have 200down and 30up. When they did my upgrade, I was issued the dual and was lucky to get 10d and 2u on my wired console. They came out and said the line was fine so I put my 100mb Arris surfboard modem back on and replaced my linksys with a nighthawk. My son went from constant nat issues at 10d and 1u, on a good day, to no nat issues and butter internet. And from what I read about the dual modem is it needs to be set in bridge mode so the 2 sides aren't always in conflict. Because my speeds improved dramatically with my old 100mb modem, I didn't bother trying bridge mode. Instead I upgraded my modem to the recommended surfboard modem and haven't had any issues since. Just last weekend we went to mercury and its fairly common that we're all in the same group for KF raid without issues. I'm not running any special settings. Oh, TWC cable charges a rental fee so the cost of the modem is about the same as a year or so of rental fees and zero headaches.

Thank you! Sent you a PM too.

I'd have them check how much throughput they're actually getting at the consoles and at the modem. Depending on what you're doing, Destiny uses a non-trivial amount of throughput. If you're playing 6v6 you're going to use, on average, about 600kb/s throughout the match in both directions. That's kilobits, not bytes.

5GwuVa6.png

If your friends are both playing 6v6 they're using 1mbit of download AND upload guaranteed and that's before you start talking about any voice comms or other stuff going on on the network. If they have a 10mbit down 1mbit up plan, for example, they're going to be hitting the limits when playing together.

That makes sense. They did check and their consoles were only getting around 10 down, this is with their 300 down plan, and they see 150 down from the computer. So definitely connection issues between the incoming speeds and what ends up at their consoles.

Namikaze1

So close to finishing the Striker subclass. Just need one last multi kill smash. IB helped a lot this week with the subclass quests. Completed the melee and grenade step for the gunslinger, melee for voidwalker, grenade for Sunsinger, and am almost done with the last Striker step.

Oh, he did...Yah'll are some monsters!

Maybe we should all run with the Dolphins Shader in Trials tonight.
Blame Wiped! He created this monster.

never heard back, let me check and see if that person is still on my friends list. lol

Edit: Monsters we are I guess.

Can a brother get a trials carry this weekend. I need that Cat Emblem Hype.

Assistance in a trials run means you'll never hear me play that Miami Dolphins song again if you're in a party with me.
I'm up for helping out whenever but you're chances are much better going with Ape and Igor.

Thank you! Sent you a PM too.

That makes sense. They did check and their consoles were only getting around 10 down, this is with their 300 down plan, and they see 150 down from the computer. So definitely connection issues between the incoming speeds and what ends up at their consoles.

Upload speed is also very important

LTWood12

Driving through crazy storm, couldn't see, and hit an epic pool of water. Almost engulfed my entire car. Somehow got through it, but now my engine sounds fucked. Thanks Obama.

Since last night my connections to the game have gone to absolute shit, its worse than the dark days of SBMM. I'm at the stage of rage deleting the game :d

The lag has been way out of control in the last 24 hours. I wish they would prioritize connections more in all crucible. Sure, Trials has its red bars, but its not as bad as this latest round of IB.

The lag has been way out of control in the last 24 hours. I wish they would prioritize connections more in all crucible. Sure, Trials has its red bars, but its not as bad as this latest round of IB.

I get around 100ms ping to the US so with US/UK fireteams there will be some latency but it should never be this bad. What they need to do is restrict people with potato internet

Edit, look at this nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaL0MJ08vx4&feature=youtu.be&a

What usually happens whilst your pumping loads of bullets/melee's into them is one of there non laggy teammates pops around the corner and wrecks you, shits infuriating

Top Bottom