• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

E92 M3

Driving through crazy storm, couldn't see, and hit an epic pool of water. Almost engulfed my entire car. Somehow got through it, but now my engine sounds fucked. Thanks Obama.

Damn man, hopefully after it dries off a bit things get better. At least you made it through the water.

So, as you can probably tell by my posts about First Curse, I like using guns that aren't the most popular. That's why I never used Thorn/TLW Year 1 and instead ground strikes for Hopscotch. That's why I was using Doctrine back in December before Doctrine Weekend. That's why I'm here today to tell you about Tounela SR4!

Did a bunch of solo queuing IB last night and First Curse kept letting me down, hard. So I heard you saying, OF COURSE IT DID, JOHN! But no heckling please. First Curse is a great gun for small teams and for big teams for team shotting, so not Iron Banner. I needed another gun, but I have very few primaries that are infused to 320+. Just my Doctrine and my Tounela SR4 that I use for the PvE.

It's only Iron Banner Clash. What the hell, right?

giphy.gif

Look at dat stability!

It's a 4 headshot kill or 5 body shots, so it's very forgiving. With a perfect kill time of 1.0sec, it's a bit slower than the perfect times of other guns (~0.8-0.9sec), however, the non-ideal time of 1.33 sec is one of the best in the game. So that means essentially you're going to win if you get first shot!

Tuonela's archetype is a tenth of a second slower to kill than MIDA but needs only 2/4 headshots instead of 3/4 that MIDA does. It has the same kill-time as the 14-impact Pulse Rifles (Nirwen's, Reflection, Red Death) but from longer range.

Tuonela specifically has the highest base stability of all Scouts and with a single stability boosting perk it will max out. It's basically a Y2 incarnation of OG VoC minus the automatic fire, and with weird situational Omolon perks.

My Tuonela is identical to Hung Jury in main perks, but Hung Jury is actually even better since it has the Torch scope (mine Tuounela doesn't) which adds AA (the weakness of this archetype) and you can turn off Firefly for Underdog, which gives increased Range (read: AA) and Stability (moar!) when you lose health in a Firefight.

I still have Firefly enabled, because it's just silly to blow people up in Iron Banner (especially when people are all grouped up hard scoping.)

v7wfXCO.gif

So give your Hung Jury a try in Iron Banner for something different and fun. And maybe pick up a Gunsmith Tuounela package the next time it's available! Or if you want more AA, give the DIS-43 a shot!

Have fun!

Dave_6

I've thought about using HJ in PvP before just because the stability is so high. I got killed by it quite a bit last night too but everything was killing me last night :/

So give your Hung Jury a try in Iron Banner for something different and fun. And maybe pick up a Gunsmith Tuounela package the next time it's available! Or if you want more AA, give the DIS-43 a shot!

Have fun!

I've been sitting on a Tuounela package forever. Hopefully there's a good enough roll soon to cash it in.

The lag has been way out of control in the last 24 hours. I wish they would prioritize connections more in all crucible. Sure, Trials has its red bars, but its not as bad as this latest round of IB.

IB has been smooth for me the last three times, this one is no exception. I'm getting FR kills consistently, nobody teleports, damage is usually immediate and the whole experience is great.

In fact, the only time it's been iffy for me is when I was streaming to twitch at too high a bitrate a couple of nights ago. I just couldn't get FR kills consistently. Lowered my bitrate last night and it was great.

Nothing special about this clip other than I felt bad because I kept beating this same guy Thesan vs Thesan but it shows that things were pretty good. The sniper I kill is a late register but the damage seemed to register fine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hn-u8YXoLA

Destiny has a real phenomenon where if a gun isn't S-tier, it's trash. I know what's S-Tier and I use that in my Trials loadout, but the threshold for viability & fun is lower than S-Tier. There are a number of guns like Tuonela, like First Curse, that are really different and worth using when you're not in full try hard mode. I even enjoy using Fabian Strategy on small maps where I can run motherf---ers over with that gun. That's all these posts are meant to do. Get people out of the meta and experience more of the sandbox.

Frenden has been on that bus for a long time now

Yes, but did he make gifs?

Kappa.

But where's the post about the Fabian Strategy I was promised?

That was a joke, Ape!

But seriously, Fabian is better than people think, but I can't justify infusing it high enough to use in Iron Banner, when I only have 2x LL325+ primary infusions available.

First Curse. Yuck.

I was using a Badger CCL in IB the other day with HH and Perfect Balance. It's a three shot kill with a 75 hit per crit. It also helped that the map was Frontier.

I really love slow hitting weapons, but too bad they're not the meta right now. That's why I like First Curse. It's why I loved Year 1 Hopscotch. There aren't many slow-ROF scouts in Year 2. I've got a Cocytus package I'm holding for a god roll. It's a Faster TTK than MIDA, way more stable, natural vertical recoil and 90/100 AA.

I've been sitting on a Tuounela package forever. Hopefully there's a good enough roll soon to cash it in.

God roll for PvP would be Torch scope (adds Aim Assist), Hand-Laid Stock, Third Eye.

I really love slow hitting weapons, but too bad they're not the meta right now. That's why I like First Curse. It's why I loved Year 1 Hopscotch. There aren't many slow-ROF scouts in Year 2. I've got a Cocytus package I'm holding for a god roll. It's a Faster TTK than MIDA, way more stable, natural vertical recoil and 90/100 AA.

God roll for PvP would be Torch scope (adds Aim Assist), Hand-Laid Stock, Third Eye.

I got a Cocytus I'm using now but I want to get another package to get a different roll. The one I have doesn't have Torch but has life support, hand laid stock and firefly. Its a beast for PvE. Just wish it had extended mag.

Colovance's Duty seems to put in work as well, I have one with Hidden Hand, Smallbore, and Zen Moment. I think Saladman had that roll one IB?

IB has been smooth for me the last three times, this one is no exception. I'm getting FR kills consistently, nobody teleports, damage is usually immediate and the whole experience is great.

I'm very jealous. IB has never been like that for me. I wonder if its a product of SBMM. My connection is good and consistent.

Wired connection. I'm not at home so I can't test speed right now. I don't know the answer to that one either.

I have a theory that some ISPs block bit torrent, so even if you do a speedtest and your getting 30 down 10 up or something your ISP will severely limit bit torrent traffic and depending on how they determine bit torrent traffic, Destiny could get marked as such.

phen0m24

Basically using DIS-47 in IB and doing well. The max stability and full auto roll from the Gunsmith.

GGs last night in IB TG, X, Jaf, Loud and Wiped. Invited Cozmo who hung out with us for a while and good games were had
mostly by the MLGers
and laughs all around. <3 GAF

Lnkn52

Basically using DIS-47 in IB and doing well. The max stability and full auto roll from the Gunsmith.

GGs last night in IB TG, X, Jaf, Loud and Wiped. Invited Cozmo who hung out with us for a while and good games were had
mostly by the MLGers

That was a stream on Crack. It was full of celebrities; Arnold The Governor, Hank Hill, Yoda.

Homeboyd

mostly by the MLGers
Cozmo is lucky I had a nightfall to run.

WipedOut

Twilight Garrison
ATS/8 ARACHNID
The Ram
Hawkmoon
Heavy Legacy Engram

Good week actually

Yeah, I bought both The Ram and ATS/8 - Nice of xur to bring stuff I need for a change.

Down to 14 pieces of armor left to get. I would have thought it would have been the guns that were left.

Mindlog

But where's the post about the Fabian Strategy I was promised?

Fist Curse. Yuck.

I was using a Badger CCL in IB the other day with HH and Perfect Balance. It's a three shot kill with a 75 hit per crit. It also helped that the map was Frontier.
I wasn't a fan of high impact scout rifles in Year 1, but Jade Rabbit is the only Exotic I've used lately. I've probably thrown away some great SRs without giving it a second thought.

Keeping an eye out for Last Extremity and Badger CCL. I've seen both roll with higher stats (except AA) than Jade Rabbit.
And my favorite Year 2 Legendary. I have the same one. First weapon I infused to 334. First and probably only weapon I will bother infusing by 1 Light Level.

Chucker

Found a CP. want to join on him? Hittem_Low4139
Edit: looks like he's filling up. I can get down there and then dip out to get the CP.

mostly by the MLGers

I've been using the same roll for the past couple of days and I really like it. I've never had a full auto scout rifle before.

Top Bottom