• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Skolas doesn't need checkpoints if they reduce the total number of rounds. Eliminate the stupid Servitor and drop one of the early rounds and it's fine IMO.

Jinjo

Glad they are bringing back PoE, but only if they include the checkpoints, otherwise, Skolas will be again a 3 hour thing that I won't do more than once ._.

The other thing is that PoE had burns, but also elemental primaries which caused to be fun.

I hope that they bring a lot of stuff from Year 1, but oh well, it will be fun to come back after a while.

If they're putting a checkpoint at Skolas they need to make it so that the other rounds give a loot payout as well. Otherwise everyone is just going to pass around Skolas checkpoints within the first day....

Need, naw. But having them would be a very nice QoL update. 90 minutes is a big chunk of time.

It's not about 90 minutes. It's about 90-180+ minutes then being forced to quit with nothing to show for it and no progress to continue later because you wiped at the last second and everyone is too tired to continue. A full PoE 35 was longer than either Year 1 raid and comparable to King's Fall; it absolutely needs CPs.

There's an enormous skill gap between the DGAF hardcore and the "regular" players who nevertheless love the game and want to experience its content. They deserve that chance and they deserve to have their time respected by saving whatever progress they make. Destiny and DGAF are at their best when they're inclusive, when the hardcore put their skills to use helping people overcome challenges they otherwise couldn't beat. That's why I loved Year 1 Trials MM, that's why I loved the Skolas encounter design and that's why it needs CPs.

WipedOut

It's not about 90 minutes. It's about 90-180+ minutes then being forced to quit with nothing to show for it and no progress to continue later because you wiped at the last second and everyone is too tired to continue. A full PoE 35 was longer than either Year 1 raid and comparable to King's Fall; it absolutely needs CPs.

There's an enormous skill gap between the DGAF hardcore and the "regular" players who nevertheless love the game and want to experience its content. They deserve that chance and they deserve to have their time respected by saving whatever progress they make. Destiny and DGAF are at their best when they're inclusive, when the hardcore put their skills to use helping people overcome challenges they otherwise couldn't beat. That's why I loved Year 1 Trials MM, that's why I loved the Skolas encounter design and that's why it needs CPs.
Year 2 highlight is still that final boss a couple weeks ago, haven't played trials since.

phen0m24

slow clap.gif for the mobile users

<3 DD

And thank you for accepting that FR

Skolas doesn't need checkpoints if they reduce the total number of rounds. Eliminate the stupid Servitor and drop one of the early rounds and it's fine IMO.

Indeed.

PoE missions, or whatever they are called, should cap out at 4 rounds total. Maybe... MAYBE let Skolas have 5 because he's the big bad, but honestly, I'd rather see more interesting/challenging rounds that lead up to him instead of just boring bloat.

Hell, I honestly think Skolas would be a lot cooler as a sort of boss gauntlet or something.

Like, have the 3 or 4 previous rounds leading up to Skolas, be the four minibosses.

So choosing Skolas would mean you play Pilot Servitor>Wretched Knight>Overmind Minotaur>Val Aru'un>Skolas.

Then, give every single one of those rounds random modifiers. It's more fun going into the encounter not knowing exactly how your strategy is going to play out.

Navy Bean

Personally, I hated the Skolas encounter. Completed it once and never set foot in there again. Not to mention the Servitor round which was ridiculous.

Hopefully they substantially update/tweak everything if their idea of new content is PoE 2.0

If they're putting a checkpoint at Skolas they need to make it so that the other rounds give a loot payout as well. Otherwise everyone is just going to pass around Skolas checkpoints within the first day....
There have been any number of suggestions that would prevent checkpoint sharing.

Multi-part keys would be a good move.

phen0m24

I hope they can really make PoE FUN. Like, fun fun.

Deku mentioned the arc burn cheese. Dude without that the arc Hive room flat out SUCKED.

It would be GREAT if

If your guardian had reduced arc damage armor it could mitigate the burn multiplier, and
If they introduced a burn-consumable you could use your Doctrine for 30 minutes (instead of Zhalo).

BNG MAKE IT FUN NOT JUST HARD PLEASE

Skolas absolutely needs checkpoints as it could easily turn into a war of attrition

1TI8E6s.png

Loads of people were stuck there for hrs upon hrs and refused to leave

WipedOut

I remember getting a message asking for help with Skolas post burn. The previous group had spent like 10 hours on it. Popped in and I think we did it in our second try, Bubble titans and warlock was a great combo.

Navy Bean

I will say for PoE 2.0 I hope they take a cue from the Black Spindle mission. That was challenging, required strategy, but also was a ton of fun. There were a gazillion enemies so you had to keep moving, popping supers, etc. but they weren't just a bunch of bullet sponges which is what PoE is.

Played my first PvP match in like a week, longest hiatus ever in year 2. Daily salvage. Started off on a 6 kill streak. It's like ahh, still got it. Also playing with 0 sound since my mixamp is hooked up to my PC haha

Widows Court? NICE. Also, Bungie should bring back passage coins as a reward at the lighthouse chest. I have no idea why they got rid of them to begin with -_-, you just went flawless, i want my them coins backkk as a reward.

NeOak

Widows Court? NICE. Also, Bungie should bring back passage coins as a reward at the lighthouse chest. I have no idea why they got rid of them to begin with -_-, you just went flawless, i want my them coins backkk as a reward.

Scumbag Bungie: Making Lighthouse harder to get to with Card Based MM after 6 wins, removes all extra rewards from the chest except the weapons using the old skins.

1,000% agree with you. I rant about that constantly; you've just went flawless and you don't get anything besides at most times a single gun. You should get 12 Coins per flawless.

1) The Taken King Release. I was on vacation when it released, poor timing. I bought another ps4 AND another copy of Destiny + TTK, while on an island in paradise (first time since I was like 8 and I don't remember it at all). I had to drive an hour away to buy it at the nearest electronics store Hahaha.

Anyways, I'd mostly play when my girlfriend fell asleep and playing those missions and new strikes with the new subclass was super fun. Had a blast honestly. Learning all the new quests and the improvement in light level system while approaching 290 from 170. Forced to basically use all kinds of guns you normally wouldn't because it's higher light. These were good times. There were lots to do.

Next, playing Kings Fall Normal COMPLETELY BLIND! That was an amazing experience. I had a huge blast trying to figure out all the encounters with my blind group, even though 1 person seem to kind of know. That was about where the great experiences ended.

All my year 2 trials trips to mercury has been memorable, especially taking my nephew to his first finally. Little did I know I'd be with him to mercury 3 or 4 times now and every time it's a blast. I'm usually the underdog so it's hard to make any group pick me and when they do it's always been a Mercury trip.

Lastly, helping a bunch of people during CB DOCTRINE HYPE weekend, way too fun with a great trials map.

Namikaze1

Sounds like Nami has dedicated today to Daredevil and honestly I can't blame him :) Tomorrow tho right?

If Todd doesn't show up I'd totally love to run a card or two with you and Igor tonight. I'm CST and usually home between 5-6pm.
Widow's Court tho

Already imagining all the bullshit ways I'll be dying in that map. Most involve being sniped.

Three episodes in and already liking it a lot more than season one (which I loved). My god, the Punisher is so damn good.

Sounds like Nami has dedicated today to Daredevil and honestly I can't blame him :) Tomorrow tho right?

If Todd doesn't show up I'd totally love to run a card or two with you and Igor tonight. I'm CST and usually home between 5-6pm.

Sounds good man, I'm definitely game. I recently downloaded the new PSN messaging app on my phone. I should get notifications so just send me a message if you need 1! I'll be checking the thread around that time just in case.

Sounds good man, I'm definitely game. I recently downloaded the new PSN messaging app on my phone. I should get notifications so just send me a message if you need 1! I'll be checking the thread around that time just in case.

Its faster to turn on your PS4, read your messages then switch off than using the app

Widow's Court tho

Already imagining all the bullshit ways I'll be dying in that map. Most involve being sniped.

Three episodes in and already liking it a lot more than season one (which I loved). My god, the Punisher is so damn good.

Haha. All good man. I totally understand as a fellow shotgun brother!

Namikaze1

I like the sound of this. So hyped for season 2! I heard it has a "sequel" to the crazy ass hallway fight scene from season 1.
Fight scenes have improved greatly since last season. John Bernthal's Punisher is definitely my favorite of the live-action Punishers. That's all I'm gonna say on Daredevil S2.

If you enjoyed the first season, you'll definitely enjoy this one.

Deku Tree

Interview with Marty over being fired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bRbYK4Qd88

TL;DR he says he doesn't know why.

Personally, I don't buy it. I feel like he's playing the victim here. He's talked about this a lot, to the point I think any other studio would be afraid of hiring him because of how public he has been about this whole thing.

Seriously how much can one person really talk public ally about how they got fired? I think there is another side to the story and he is not 100% honest.

Kalamari

I don't know the guy personally but my impression of him is that he is an outspoken type of person. Having a personality like his can be a huge burden when there the are sizeable conflicts with the management. There. Were probably multiple reasons for his firing.

D_psipher

Widow's Court tho

Computer started updating in the middle of episode 3, soooo good.

Seriously how much can one person really talk public ally about how they got fired? I think there is another side to the story and he is not 100% honest.

Oh I don't think Bungie is 100% innocent here. I just don't believe Marty is as innocent and clueless as he keeps saying about the whole ordeal.

Top Bottom