• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

If anyone here on Xbox One is willing to team up for a Lighthouse run this weekend give me a shout.

I admire your persistence sir. I have an X1 but don't own Destiny for it. There's no way that I could sorta share play someone's account, right? Even if an XBox gaffer let me use their Destiny account I'd still have to own the game on my console, right? Anyway, if there's a way to make it work then I'm down to try.

To be completely honest it's really hard to help people to the Lighthouse nowadays. Combination of the Trials MM changes and the player population being so low now that it's almost exclusively good players remaining. It's difficult and also stressful so there aren't many people both able and willing to help. Even on PS4 which has always had so many more Gaffers. Unless Koro or Cha make a miraculous return it's probably gonna be really tough to find help on X1.

Kyoufu

I admire your persistence sir. I have an X1 but don't own Destiny for it. There's no way that I could sorta share play someone's account, right? Even if an XBox gaffer let me use their Destiny account I'd still have to own the game on my console, right? Anyway, if there's a way to make it work then I'm down to try.

To be completely honest it's really hard to help people to the Lighthouse nowadays. Combination of the Trials MM changes and the player population being so low now that it's almost exclusively good players remaining. It's difficult and also stressful so there aren't many people both able and willing to help. Even on PS4 which has always had so many more Gaffers. Unless Koro or Cha make a miraculous return it's probably gonna be really tough to find help on X1.

Did they not change Trials MM recently?

WipedOut

You could use my account, Considering my xbox is dead and all. Only have a hunter though but it has all the weapons you could hope for. My account owns the game digitally and you can download it if you want to.

And a slew of other games you can borrow until I get another bone. Maybe Xplicit could help.

I also have a Friend that is very good that could potentially help, he's not a gaffer.

phen0m24

You could use my account, Considering my xbox is dead and all. Only have a hunter though but it has all the weapons you could hope for. My account owns the game digitally and you can download it if you want to.

And a slew of other games you can borrow until I get another bone.

As usual, DGAF is best GAF :)

<3

Did they not change Trials MM recently?

They said they added the more connection based MM settings that originally appeared in one of the recent Iron Banners. Nobody knows exactly what the settings are, especially because Trials has always had unique MM. The original Y1 settings were uniquely CBMM relative to all other playlists at the time, as they discussed in the HoW reveal stream. Then they added win-based MM to Y2, which still exists.

It's not clear how the settings originally seen in IB would be applied to Trials. Afaik ToS never had the same type of SBMM as other playlists, only win-based MM. Maybe the win-restriction is loosened but that's just speculation. It still matches you against people deep on their card as you get wins on your card, since you can look up their recent game stats before each match.

Anyway, I've never noticed much difference with whatever the recent change was. Honestly I think it has as much or more to do with the small player population.

Mindlog

The Prison of Elders should be great as it can rapidly switch between modifiers and enemy types. This is what I want yet for some reason it's 'meh' most of the time. A challenging five round version of ME3MP's horde mode with even more mechanics on top should work. I can't fully explain why it missed the mark beyond the boring environments and Destiny Guardians being underpowered with a lower skill ceiling compared N7 Operatives.

Even with three of the most interesting bosses Skolas, Ogre Guy and Other Big Vex Gal I still had more fun with Fear's Embrace.

Fear's Embrace is 10/10 and I've enjoyed every run. I've never camped the entrance on that mission as it's too good to take for granted. The circular design, the big boss in the middle, the hazards, the music... Working backwards from Fear's Embrace would probably tell me why Prison of Elders falls a little flat.

WipedOut

Wipe is just an angel

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Hey look, another xboner that could come out of retirement.

If anyone here on Xbox One is willing to team up for a Lighthouse run this weekend give me a shout.
I also feel the same with drizzay aka boguester. I would love to help if I have a xbone destiny account, if my Pvp skills were still Gud and I play the game still.

I also have a few Dgaf members psn account and even steam and uplay.

There will always be one Dgaf in my <3

My account owns the game digitally and you can download it if you want to.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... interesting. This is the detail I was wondering about....

Many thanks for the offer dude. Will you be online tonight, Dividing or w/e? We could chat then perhaps. Or if you want to shoot me a PM that's cool too but don't worry about it right now if it's not convenient.

Also Hunter is all I would want anyway, so no worries there.

WipedOut

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... interesting. This is the detail I was wondering about....

Many thanks for the offer dude. Will you be online tonight, Dividing or w/e? We could chat then perhaps. Or if you want to shoot me a PM that's cool too but don't worry about it right now if it's not convenient.

Also Hunter is all I would want anyway, so no worries there.

I'll be on tonight divisioning, we can chat then, I'll PM you the account info.

I already signed you up to do a run with me and X tonight :X

I need Crucible kills and wins for my bond!

I was mainly talking about Twilight. 0% chance he will even look at Destiny with Widow's Court as the map. I'm not too hot on the map myself though. Maybe this weekend will make me actively hate it, we'll see.

I was mainly talking about Twilight. 0% chance he will even look at Destiny with Widow's Court as the map. I'm not too hot on the map myself though. Maybe this weekend will make me actively hate it, we'll see.

Igor no! Raged out Igor is no bueno! We got this. It's all just hardscopers....

Interview with Marty over being fired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bRbYK4Qd88

TL;DR he says he doesn't know why.

Personally, I don't buy it. I feel like he's playing the victim here. He's talked about this a lot, to the point I think any other studio would be afraid of hiring him because of how public he has been about this whole thing.

Marty always seemed a tad uppity and controversial. I have respect for his work, It's good. Defining but not the be all and end all of audio design, Halo 4 and 5 have done an absolutely fine job with the music and I expect Bungie to do the same moving into D2.

Obviously Widow's Court is a long range map but I was curious just how long. So, I looked at my average kill distance for each of the 4 previous weeks it was the Trials map:

Y1
June 5, 2015- 23.1 m (438 kills)
July 10, 2015- 24.7 m (289 kills)
August 21, 2015- 26.8 m (900 kills)
went 119 - 5 this week, the carry glory days

Y2
Dec 4, 2015- 30.0 m (758 kills)

For comparison purposes, average distance on Exodus Blue during the Doctrine Train week was 6.3 meters (575 kills). Pantheon back on the second Trials week ever is the only other time I've hit 30.0 m (602 kills). Although 20+ meters isn't uncommon since I've always mained a sniper.

Thanks! All right DGAF who else is on this Xbox Mercury train? And when do we want to leave the station?

Read the earlier posts on this page :p (#2051 and 2053)

Wiped hooked me up with his account so I can give it a whirl (his GT = WipedOut). Destiny is downloading now, at ~65%. I'll be around most of the evening (EST time zone) so whatever time works for you and Triplike. Keep in mind I've never played Destiny on XBox but hopefully it works out. If Trip has a third he usually plays with that's cool as well.

Do you have enough passage coins to run a few cards if necessary?

Wiped hooked me up with his account so I can give it a whirl (his GT = WipedOut). Destiny is downloading now, at ~65%. I'll be around most of the evening (EST time zone) so whatever time works for you and Triplike. Keep in mind I've never played Destiny on XBox but hopefully it works out. If Trip has a third he usually plays with that's cool as well.

Oh yeah I have a ton.

Drizzay sweating it out with the Xbox boyz, can one of you stream it?

Lee

I'll be on at 8 MST. I've added you both. Is 10 EST too late for you drizz? Really hoping I get a chance to play.

Top Bottom