• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

taken prison of elders? jesus christ bungie

did anyone even like prison of elders the first go round

Skolas boss fight is prob the best IMO.

edit: top of the page or mid of the page hype for Dark Souls 3
Japanese release
in 5 day!
tumblr_n9bp0zbgb91s3tyhgo1_1280.gif

I never did Skolas legit, it was either a Gjallahorn or 4th Horseman spam. PoE was ok for a bit of mindless fun but I'd hope they substantially rework it (change the modifiers for each round every week) and ditch Skolas round 5 as that was fucking stupid

I'm glad that the game is finally getting new content and we're finally getting some info, but damn the PoE gear is ugly. The taken "shader" helps a little, but just knowing that it's the fishnets and other old nasty stuff almost ruins it for me.

Deku Tree

Why do I feel that the spring update will only have PoE and not the 2 raids? I bet they're saving those for the next update.

That's what I think. The taken guardians only wearing PoE armor.

If it was all three then each guardian would be wearing a different armor set.

Is anyone else on android here? I've noticed on the destiny app today that my grimoire for several sections is showing as in complete but when you look into it further each part is maxed. Are bungie about to increase the grimoire grind? Kill 100,000 dregs etc

He didn't sell enough last week and still has an inventory backlog. He should have dropped the price and put out a flyer. Sadly, his decisions aren't his own.

Lnkn52

That's what I think. The taken guardians only wearing PoE armor.

If it was all three then each guardian would be wearing a different armor set.
Wouldn't doubt that there will be some drip feed of this re/new content. Maybe in May, the release of Taken Crota and June Taken Atheon.

E92 M3

I'm glad that the game is finally getting new content and we're finally getting some info, but damn the PoE gear is ugly. The taken "shader" helps a little, but just knowing that it's the fishnets and other old nasty stuff almost ruins it for me.

POE armor is extremely ugly and will be getting infused lol.

WipedOut

It's not like there's a highly coveted Titan exotic that Xur hasn't sold yet... Kappa

I have that one, I just want no Backup plans. Really want to try a defender shotgunner build for the next IB.

POE armor is extremely ugly and will be getting infused lol.

If it is revolved around POE I would rethink that. I remember Homey talking about how freaking fast he was once he had all the buffs enabled in HoW, Used correctly the armor really was great for POE.

E92 M3

I have that one, I just want no Backup plans. Really want to try a defender shotgunner build for the next IB.

If it is revolved around POE I would rethink that. I remember Homey talking about how freaking fast he was once he had all the buffs enabled in HoW, Used correctly the armor really was great for POE.

Yeah buffs are good, but the aesthetics displease me way too much ahah

PoE armor was ugly as sin but the stat boost perks were extremely powerful. The helmet's greatly increased Recovery saved more Skolas runs than I can remember and further cemented the run-&-gun feeling of that encounter.

The big problem was a classic Destiny design mistake: the perks applied only while in PoE and only to one of the 4 enemy races. I can understand limiting them to PoE because they'd be way OP otherwise (especially Crucible), but restricting them to one enemy type was a huge mistake. Did they honestly expect people with limited vault space to keep 4 armor sets per character class and swap them around between rounds? That's the type of micromanaging nit-pickery that kills an otherwise interesting idea.

Fingers crossed that they've learned their lesson and the new armor sets will give the same or better perks that apply universally for the new PoE (assuming that's the new PvE challenge in the April update). By super-charging us with powerful armor perks, they can scale the encounters up accordingly and hopefully realize the intense horde mode that PoE was always supposed to be.

Woke up early and fed Xur another 200+ SC so my Warlock could get his second exotic bond armor from FWC. I was able to also knock out 7 Heroic Strikes quickly with randoms! I know right? Only the hardcore remain in Destiny!

I should have it tonight after some Trials with the usual suspects.

I still need:
Titan DO and FWC Towel
Hunter NM and DO cloak
Warlock NM bond

Woke up early and fed Xur another 200+ SC so my Warlock could get his second exotic bond armor from FWC. I was able to also knock out 7 Heroic Strikes quickly with randoms! I know right? Only the hardcore remain in Destiny!

I should have it tonight after some Trials with the usual suspects.

I still need:
Titan DO and FWC Towel
Hunter NM and DO cloak
Warlock NM bond

So if you get 3 Heavy synths per strange coin, that's 75 rep per coin. You need 2500 per rank up so that's 33.3 SCs per faction level. Pretty reasonable I guess.

My Hunter has the FWC quest ready but no FWC class armor, grumble grumble. I need to save my Legendary Marks to keep playing losing the Cryptarch special weapon engram lottery!

WipedOut

PoE armor was ugly as sin but the stat boost perks were extremely powerful. The helmet's greatly increased Recovery saved more Skolas runs than I can remember and further cemented the run-&-gun feeling of that encounter.

The big problem was a classic Destiny design mistake: the perks applied only while in PoE and only to one of the 4 enemy races. I can understand limiting them to PoE because they'd be way OP otherwise (especially Crucible), but restricting them to one enemy type was a huge mistake. Did they honestly expect people with limited vault space to keep 4 armor sets per character class and swap them around between rounds? That's the type of micromanaging nit-pickery that kills an otherwise interesting idea.

Fingers crossed that they've learned their lesson and the new armor sets will give the same or better perks that apply universally for the new PoE (assuming that's the new PvE challenge in the April update). By super-charging us with powerful armor perks, they can scale the encounters up accordingly and hopefully realize the intense horde mode that PoE was always supposed to be.

58161069.jpg

Meanwhile - The Division is really fun.... with a squad. One thing I have been enjoying however is running side missions and exploring solo.

So if you get 3 Heavy synths per strange coin, that's 75 rep per coin. You need 2500 per rank up so that's 33.3 SCs per faction level. Pretty reasonable I guess.

My Hunter has the FWC quest ready but no FWC class armor, grumble grumble. I need to save my Legendary Marks to keep playing losing the Cryptarch special weapon engram lottery!

Yup. Exactly. However, I am going to not spend any SC, motes, armor mats, weapons parts, etc until the update drops going forward. I want to make sure I am well stocked for upgrading and such.

D_psipher

58161069.jpg

Meanwhile - The Division is really fun.... with a squad. One thing I have been enjoying however is running side missions and exploring solo.

At some point we gonna have run together in the Division. I have not been able to get away from my IRL friends that play the game. On just started and we are power leveling him but I have not played with GAF at all...and I miss that.

OT: I am kinda excited for something new in Destiny but I am keeping my expectations in check.

Destiny comes first. I think playing with a group the moment stuff is fresh and not in farm yet is just so vital to the experience. Any other game is just as good if played a week later.

Bring on the blind Strike run :p

1000 silver says they show off the strike before it releases and people dissect it to the point that it wont really hold any secrets by the time it's available to us.

I don't think the problem with trancendance is how long it lasts, but that holding the trigger doesn't drain it AT ALL. I think firing the arc should cause slight drain, that way the duration can still be long enough to warrant using the perk, while not lasting as long if you float through the map holding the trigger.

It doesn't help that the Crucible designers have flat out said that they want a super to to roughly equivalent to 3 kills on average. Sure you might find a crazy good opportunity to get more, but this is the general idea. As was stated, Storm callers basically get a fist of havoc on activation, and then on top of that, 18 seconds of free roam killing.

It's no secret that tons of Seventh Column medals are awarded from Stormcaller supers. A quick search on youtube can confirm this.

Personally, I think the Landfall perk should act as a trade off similar to how the Symbiote does. Land fall should reduce the duration of the super by half. So you get to nuke a spot, and then clean up the area around it, and that's it.

Another way to think about it is the Defender Bubble negation. Most supers have a slight advantage over a defender bubble. Either they neutralize it perfectly, or the attacking super has a small advantage over the Bubble.

Consider that Landfall can remove a Bubble, and then go on to kill an entire team that doesn't have to be in the immediate area. Combared to Golden Gun that takes 2 shots to kill a bubble, and then 1 extra shot. Or a Fist of Havoc that can remove a bubble, but relies on aftershock to actually get any kills. Or even novabomb, that actually deals two rapid pulses of damage to both destroy a bubble, and then whoever was standing inside of it.

The fact is, none of these are comparable to the Stormcaller.

X-Frame

If they do end up updating VoG and CE including weapons and armor, I wonder if they'll remove the elements from the primary weapons like VoC and Fatebringer for Year 2.

I can't see them bringing those powerful raid weapons forward with elements after making the KF primaries so lackluster.

WipedOut

At some point we gonna have run together in the Division. I have not been able to get away from my IRL friends that play the game. On just started and we are power leveling him but I have not played with GAF at all...and I miss that.

OT: I am kinda excited for something new in Destiny but I am keeping my expectations in check.

I'm to the point I wish I had some help power leveling now, Just hit 19 and just want to hit 30 already so I can go play in the DZ

I'm really keeping my expectations low for april update. If they bring Y1 weapons forward again it will be fun to upgrade them and just run strikes and shit.

WeTeHa

Instead of nerfing everything into the ground in pve and pvp until nothing is fun, how about we buff some shit in pve?

no?
okay ._.

Really not sure how Stormcaller escaped the nerf that Sunbreakers got— it wasn't as OP, but it was still far and away better than any other non-Sunbreaker class in 6v6 PvP.

Would making the Stormcaller super charge slower help? If T5 was 5 minutes instead of 4?

Or would this just mean another minute of using Thunderstrike before saving it for transcendence?

What if transcendence ate the melee and grenade charge(s) it requires?

the perks applied only while in PoE and only to one of the 4 enemy races. I can understand limiting them to PoE because they'd be way OP otherwise (especially Crucible), but restricting them to one enemy type was a huge mistake.

The other option would be for them to continue to be single-race, but work in PvE outside PoE— a bunch of armour perks already only work in PvE. Think I'd prefer your way, though.

stay gold

The funny thing about Transendence is the perk already exists in balanced form. It's called Radiant Will and lives in Viking Funerals shadow.

Deku Tree

Only the fallen perks mattered at Skolas. The rest of PoE was stupid easy.

I wonder if they will finally fix the arc burn cheese.

darknil

Glad they are bringing back PoE, but only if they include the checkpoints, otherwise, Skolas will be again a 3 hour thing that I won't do more than once ._.

The other thing is that PoE had burns, but also elemental primaries which caused to be fun.

I hope that they bring a lot of stuff from Year 1, but oh well, it will be fun to come back after a while.

PoE in the Taken Relm!

Hey Bungie, don't forget that PoE needs Checkpoints! Particularly Skolas!

Eh, I still don't think PoE needs checkpoints. Makes it too easy, and kinda ruins the point if everyone is getting checkpoints during the reset(Raids makes sense for checkpoints, PoE at farm mode takes 30 minutes tops)

Now, they need it so enemies can drop engrams during Arena..

Eh, I still don't think PoE needs checkpoints. Makes it too easy, and kinda ruins the point if everyone is getting checkpoints during the reset(Raids makes sense for checkpoints, PoE at farm mode takes 30 minutes tops)

Now, they need it so enemies can drop engrams during Arena..

Skolas needed check points for sure. Lv35 PoE was 6 rounds that took 40-45 minutes minimum with a great team and 0 wipes. When I sherpa'ed two inexperienced players it averaged ~90 minutes. Removing elemental burns and changing add spawns from time-based to health-based triggers was a huge improvement and meant you could take your time on Skolas. But it also meant that if the final DPS phase went wrong you'd wipe a 45 minute attempt.

It only happened a handful of times but a few runs stretched into 3+ hours because of this. People who had to get up early for work/school/family etc. were stuck deciding between forcing themselves through one more attempt or giving up with nothing to show for it. Maybe they can add some restriction like a Trials Passage that would save your progress but be wiped at reset so you couldn't save the CP from week to week. But there's no question it needs something.

WipedOut

Skolas needed check points for sure. Lv35 PoE was 6 rounds that took 40-45 minutes minimum with a great team and 0 wipes. When I sherpa'ed two inexperienced players it averaged ~90 minutes. Removing elemental burns and changing add spawns from time-based to health-based triggers was a huge improvement and meant you could take your time on Skolas. But it also meant that if the final DPS phase went wrong you'd wipe a 45 minute attempt.

It only happened a handful of times but a few runs stretched into 3+ hours because of this. People who had to get up early for work/school/family etc. were stuck deciding between forcing themselves through one more attempt or giving up with nothing to show for it. Maybe they can add some restriction like a Trials Passage that would save your progress but be wiped at reset so you couldn't save the CP from week to week. But there's no question it needs something.

I see nothing wrong in allowing CP's for at least Skolas. The rest don't need them.

Top Bottom