• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WipedOut

Last I heard Koro said he'd been playing lots of other games, wasn't even maining H5 anymore. Didn't sound like he had much interest in returning but it's more possible than Cha who sounded like he was totally done with Destiny PvP.

By the way.... it has begun:

Thank you skill-based MM

I mained NStalker that one week Twilight and me did carries on Asylum, and I absolutely loved it. But for whatever reason I gravitated back to Blade and haven't been into NS since then. There's just no substitute for the speed and aggression of BD, fits my playstyle much better.

lol tell me about it. I have Tier 1 orbit gameplay tbh. Also I'm terrible at remembering to manually shut down my PS4 while Destiny is running since I assume the auto-shut down should kick in. Derp.

I was distracted playing X1 Destiny. Does anybody else who has played both consoles feel like it runs differently? Can't put my finger on it but something felt off for me after thousands of hours on PS4.......

Haha, look at that guy go

No worries dude. I don't think Trip was available for another ~40 minutes anyway so we can just reschedule. I should be around Sunday night so we can fire it up whenever. I'll try to run a card or two before then if possible to get used to the X1 a little bit.

Awesome. Thanks so much. Looking forward to Sunday. Need that grimoire card!

Navy Bean

I'm just trying to level up the best pvp build I can scrounge together from his gear, but I'm ready whenever otherwise. Just chilling in the tower, should be ready soon.

@Wiped: why u no have armor materials ;_;
Okay, we're ready whenever... GT dmh33. I'll send invite.

WipedOut

I'm just trying to level up the best pvp build I can scrounge together from his gear, but I'm ready whenever otherwise. Just chilling in the tower, should be ready soon.

@Wiped: why u no have armor materials ;_;
Because I haven't played on that account in forever

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
In competitive play, every advantage counts.

gUQGrtO.jpg

border

Any good tips for this week's Nightfall?

I am playing it on Xbox One, so I don't have access to the massive cache of loot and goodies that my PS4 characters do. Me and my friend are only around 295 Light, and keep getting rocked in the final boss encounter.....we can't even make it past Phase 1 due to just how quickly we get rocked by the adds. I have a Solar Sniper, Solar Shotgun, and Solar Sword. My buddy doesn't really have any good Solar weapons.

It seems like it is possible to cheese the Phase 1 boss by standing in the archway of the door he emerges from.....for whatever reason he usually won't charge or strike you if your team hunkers down there. When the adds come out though, we get rocked since they're all shooting Solar weapons. I have no idea how we're going to get through Phase 2 and Phase 3.

the_id

guys, please come back, I can't stand LFG sites. played with a guy with a Scarab emblem who was a dick towards another player and myself. So depressing.

NeOak

Jokes on you, spoiling images doesn't work on mobile. ��

I can't get past how bad Halo 5 looks when you're only just standing 5ft away from an object/enemy. Gives me a headache.

It was 50/50 for desktop/mobile.

And It isn't THAT bad D:

Whatever headset you're using for xbox is a lot better than your ps4 one :p

That's because XBL has a higher quality voice codec. PS4's is kinda XB360 level.

NeOak

It was on campaign. Never actually had a chance to play pvp do to the Xbox being my brothers. Does the game look better in pvp?

Less effects so it looks cleaner and it runs butter smooth. Not "better" since it is PvP.

I do agree with Campaign though, sometimes it can be jarring. Also
FUCK WARDEN ETERNAL
. The art style doesn't appeal to me either. I'm biased to Bungie's.

I think the ai enemies in warzone still suffer from the framerate stutter.

And it looks ok in multiplayer. Nothing mindblowing

They animate at 30fps at long distance, but they change to 60 up close.

Those were some very fun Trials runs, thanks to everyone who stopped by and chilled in the stream! Glad we could clutch out some super sweaty games.
let us never speak again of the heavy round when I walked off the map

Wiped with the crispy 2.5 K/D on the day, not bad. If Eric has more accounts to run maybe I can convince him to help me carry a DGAF virgin or two....

FiraB

Banned
The update can't come fast enough, because the Division is not cutting it. It's so borrrrinnnnggggg. Need some serious pvp overhaul.

I know the feeling, pumped 45hours into it and I don't really want to play it anymore.

I came back to destiny yesterday and decided to do kings fall (heroic) for the day, none of the divisions content kept me that captivated through out the entire thing. Sure it gets some things right but its so fucking lifeless, it has no soul.

Any good tips for this week's Nightfall?

I am playing it on Xbox One, so I don't have access to the massive cache of loot and goodies that my PS4 characters do. Me and my friend are only around 295 Light, and keep getting rocked in the final boss encounter.....we can't even make it past Phase 1 due to just how quickly we get rocked by the adds. I have a Solar Sniper, Solar Shotgun, and Solar Sword. My buddy doesn't really have any good Solar weapons.

It seems like it is possible to cheese the Phase 1 boss by standing in the archway of the door he emerges from.....for whatever reason he usually won't charge or strike you if your team hunkers down there. When the adds come out though, we get rocked since they're all shooting Solar weapons. I have no idea how we're going to get through Phase 2 and Phase 3.

I've carried quite a few people through using the following general strategies, include sir_alexandr who was only 278 light with a 307 light buddy.

Recommend classes:
Sunsinger Warlock/Defender Titan/Nightstalker Hunter.

Recommend weapons:
Auto Rifle/Solar Sniper/Dragon Breath/other Solar rocket.

Tips:
1) use the following cheese spots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58OInEb4MIA

2) Do not attack the bosses when they first appear and immediately after their add phase.
Just stand at the cheese spots and recharge your supers.

3) If the group can't handle the adds, move one person (sunsinger or invis nighstalker) to stand on top of the entrance lamps (lamp coming out of the ground, not the ones on the wall.) PRIOR to doing any damage on the boss. This person's job will to be rocket/snipe off the lower adds right as they come out the door and then retreat back to cheese spot hill.

Note: the lamps are also cheese spots where the boss won't attack, but they're completely open to adds from all directions.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Almost beat a team four to six. I don't think Bungie has the mental fortitude to ever get matchmaking right. They fix one problem and another one pops up, rinse and repeat.

Also thanks to Axo and Dmh for some super fun Trials games
Dmh is a phantom.....
. Finishing our gold bounty with an 8-2 record was excellent, and the three wins after we reset our card helped Dmh get to Mercury. Although I'm still mad at myself for choking our second game since that made flawless a little too tough to pull off after losing that early. GGs gentlemen! A few highlights:

Whatever headset you're using for xbox is a lot better than your ps4 one :p

That's because XBL has a higher quality voice codec. PS4's is kinda XB360 level.

I'm sure that's true about the voice codec, but I also bought a new headset and mic. My old Sony Golds finally bit the big one so I got a nicer headset that has an actual mic instead of the built-in one on the Golds. First time I used it on PS4, Falifax mentioned that I sounded much clearer. Funny to think about how you never know what you sound like to other people......

phen0m24

Wow look at altWiped go! ;)

That's really nice of you Drizz. Hopefully Eric is cool doing runs with you - I spent some time last night playing my first games WITH Josh, and we hooked up with Puma for some Rocket League. Holy mackerel that game is fun.

Then we started Josh's Bladedancer. Oh boy

WipedOut

Wow look at altWiped go! ;)

That's really nice of you Drizz. Hopefully Eric is cool doing runs with you - I spent some time last night playing my first games WITH Josh, and we hooked up with Puma for some Rocket League. Holy mackerel that game is fun.

Then we started Josh's Bladedancer. Oh boy
Wait I missed all the fun? Sorry I was taken by the division last night? Hot level 24, so close.

That's awesome Drizz. How did things work out with Rueric? I've been raiding with him since winter of 2014, well not anymore since Xbox is Riparooski!

Tri4

1000 silver says they show off the strike before it releases and people dissect it to the point that it wont really hold any secrets by the time it's available to us.

It doesn't help that the Crucible designers have flat out said that they want a super to to roughly equivalent to 3 kills on average. Sure you might find a crazy good opportunity to get more, but this is the general idea. As was stated, Storm callers basically get a fist of havoc on activation, and then on top of that, 18 seconds of free roam killing.

It's no secret that tons of Seventh Column medals are awarded from Stormcaller supers. A quick search on youtube can confirm this.

Personally, I think the Landfall perk should act as a trade off similar to how the Symbiote does. Land fall should reduce the duration of the super by half. So you get to nuke a spot, and then clean up the area around it, and that's it.

Another way to think about it is the Defender Bubble negation. Most supers have a slight advantage over a defender bubble. Either they neutralize it perfectly, or the attacking super has a small advantage over the Bubble.

Consider that Landfall can remove a Bubble, and then go on to kill an entire team that doesn't have to be in the immediate area. Combared to Golden Gun that takes 2 shots to kill a bubble, and then 1 extra shot. Or a Fist of Havoc that can remove a bubble, but relies on aftershock to actually get any kills. Or even novabomb, that actually deals two rapid pulses of damage to both destroy a bubble, and then whoever was standing inside of it.

The fact is, none of these are comparable to the Stormcaller.
I'd be cool with landfall taking a decent amount of super energy. Though to be fair it is more like a mini fist of havoc and doesn't have the same destructive power or range.

I have been maining stormcaller for the past few weeks and I would say that I get 3 kills on average. That would be rounding out all the times I have wiped a team and all the times I have been tethered, fist of havocd, Nova bombed, hammered, arc bladed, golden gunned, heavy'd, sniped and teamshot before I could do anything. I think storm trance is the weakest super vs other supers, literally every other super beats it.

I don't run landfall because ionic blink is way too useful and I use claws of ahamkara for them melee snipes. I also don't bother waiting for my melee and grenade to charge up for transcendence most of the time because it takes too long (especially since both melees need to be charged when wearing claws) and without transcendence I get 2-3 kills because the duration doesn't really allow for much more especially if you blink a lot.

But honestly, the chances of getting mass kills aren't that frequent since there's always someone with a super ready to counter you. Though when it all comes together its really awesome.

WeTeHa

Sorry if this question is old.
Do NM and HM Deathsingers from the CE raid offer two different chances for y1 exotics? I haven't been able to get Red Death from y2 engrams while I got every other possible primary (from 3oC.

I know there's also PoE and VoG for a chance to.

I wan to run CE HM x3 later today :O And Nico wants to run it as well.

Sorry if this question is old.
Do NM and HM Deathsingers from the CE raid offer two different chances for y1 exotics? I haven't been able to get Red Death from y2 engrams while I got every other possible primary (from 3oC.

I know there's also PoE and VoG for a chance to.

One or the other

That's awesome Drizz. How did things work out with Rueric? I've been raiding with him since winter of 2014, well not anymore since Xbox is Riparooski!

It was a lot of fun! He's a beast for sure, very nice guy as well. We had good synergy with him on NStalker and me on Blade. Went 15-1 including several comebacks and clutch 5-4 wins. He was playing on his viewer's accounts to get them flawless so I'm not sure if he'll want help running more cards in the future. I'd be up for it if so, always fun to run carries with such a strong player.

Plus he kinda wants to farm your delicious low ELO, although that might run out before long: it jumped 228 points in 26 games....

a6UsG1D.png

Top Bottom