• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Thanks man! Do you have a preference as to what class and set up I roll with?

We're all praying for you ToyMachine. Hopefully Drizzay won't scrub it up

Axion Bolts could use some sort of buff for sure. They're pretty easy to slide under, and Nightstalkers nullify them completely with no effort required.

My main problem with VW is Blink is just awful when paired with a shotgun, unless you're playing terrible opposition. If im gonna use Focused Burst I may as well use Storm or Sunsinger.

True, I don't think they'll ever unnerf blink shotgun though

I haven't posted here before, because when I played Destiny, I didn't know my gaf account was active, but if they do refresh the old Raids and such, I'd like to pick up the game again, and play with you guys.

I'm really not enjoying The Division, at the moment.

I much prefer salty John

kronk-shoulder-angel.jpg

Mehrman & Ape, who will prevail?

WipedOut

Just two trophies away from double guardian lord. Need Relic and Ghost.

Some people who shall not be named kept scrubbing up the flawless run last night.

Mindlog

Axion Bolts could use some sort of buff for sure. They're pretty easy to slide under, and Nightstalkers nullify them completely with no effort required.

My main problem with VW is Blink is just awful when paired with a shotgun, unless you're playing terrible opposition. If im gonna use Focused Burst I may as well use Storm or Sunsinger.
Scatter grenades will be nerfed again for 'reasons' before any grenade gets a buff.
Black Spindle quest is available, anyone need help?
That too.

GutZ31

I haven't posted here before, because when I played Destiny, I didn't know my gaf account was active, but if they do refresh the old Raids and such, I'd like to pick up the game again, and play with you guys.

I'm really not enjoying The Division, at the moment.

Welcome.

I am playing The Division currently as well while taking a much needed break from Destiny.

I find The Division's loot system 100x better than Destiny's, but the replayability is nowhere near Destiny's.
Game play options are also lacking in The Division.

Running for hours in an all but empty city, no change in scenery makes for a mind numbing experience.

The bungie update was lackluster, and late to the party in my opinion.
I have been able to pull myself away from Destiny finally without any urge to play it.
They waited far too long to "announce" the contents. Even if we were to have to wait months for it to arrive, it was still far too long to keep the information from us.

I truly hope that Destiny takes a HUGE note from Division on how to do loot.

I hope to get some kind of raid news, as that's where the real fun is.

Namikaze1

Yeah, feels like I'm done with the Division. Nothing to do till Incursions. Bored of farming this BK guy. DZ is boring. Weapons feel pretty much the same (generic).

Just bored.

inthrall

Yeah, feels like I'm done with the Division. Nothing to do till Incursions. Bored of farming this BK guy. DZ is boring. Weapons feel pretty much the same (generic).

Just bored.

I agree, I still got a good 50 hours out of it though. Feels like I've almost consumed all the Warframe content now too, so have started logging back into the PS4 a bunch more now

inthrall

Never could get into Warframe

Its a lot harder to get into now, as they seem to add another thing to grind at endgame every patch.

Once you learn how to bullet jump through levels, it makes it a lot more enjoyable though. Being able to halve your clear speed of a level is a lot of fun, its not nearly as good before then. (Slide -> jump while sliding -> slide again in midair -> ADS can take you across even the largest room in the game in 1-2s, as opposed to 10s running through it)

Namikaze1

I agree, I still got a good 50 hours out of it though. Feels like I've almost consumed all the Warframe content now too, so have started logging back into the PS4 a bunch more now
I put over 90 hours so far. I like the game but it is lacking in the endgame department right now.

Don't even feel like doing anything with my alt other than farm for the rogue kills and mats.

Oh well, kept me busy for nearly two weeks anyway. A destiny break was needed and it did its job.

WipedOut

Just bored.
I'm kinda bored and I'm not even 30 yet, trying to get there, get some good gear then put it away for a bit.

Trakan

The best part is the ending when you stopped to save the video and got killed by a fusion rifle.

Also known as the only time anyone ever gets killed by a fusion rifle.

The Destiny subreddit has been on a fusion kick lately. These videos show off the insane ranges fusions still have as well as their viability in general. Snipers are just too OP right now. I do think they could use the shotgun double damage buff we got in HoW last year for PVE though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVqgZI2mHFg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEakhqAicmA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfh3yMBgwuk

I put over 90 hours so far. I like the game but it is lacking in the endgame department right now.

Don't even feel like doing anything with my alt other than farm for the rogue kills and mats.

Oh well, kept me busy for nearly two weeks anyway. A destiny break was needed and it did its job.

Yup. 2 weeks is what it lasted me. It was fun for those 2 weeks but nothing else to do now really. I'll do the dailies to stash PhxCreds and that's about it until Incursions or they change Dark Zone. I'm satisfied with most of my HE gear. I need to find a good HE Marksman primary like M1A but have yet to.

I got my 77 hours worth. Only made an alt as a mat factory (low level buyer and seller). Didn't want to get level 30 again to mess around with the dark zone.

Magik

Putting in at least 90 hours sounds to me that the game was at the very least worth playing.

Most games nowadays I can barely put in 20 hours let alone 90.

Namikaze1

One thing Destiny has over the Division is true PvP. Really don't care what the DZ fans say but it is just boring. Stuff like Trials and IB are why I still go back to Destiny every now and then.

I'm kinda bored and I'm not even 30 yet, trying to get there, get some good gear then put it away for a bit.
Probably a good idea. Would suggest to at least buy either the Vector or BM AK blueprints before putting it away.

Yup. 2 weeks is what it lasted me. It was fun for those 2 weeks but nothing else to do now really. I'll do the dailies to stash PhxCreds and that's about it until Incursions or they change Dark Zone. I'm satisfied with most of my HE gear. I need to find a good HE Marksman primary like M1A but have yet to.

I got my 77 hours worth. Only made an alt as a mat factory (low level buyer and seller). Didn't want to get level 30 again to mess around with the dark zone.
yeah, just gonna do dailies and save up the PC since I pretty much bought all the good/great blueprints the BoO vendor sells.

Right now, just gonna focus on getting the last three easy trophies I need for the platinum. Should be able to get all three today. Definitely getting two in half an hour or so.

Welcome.

I am playing The Division currently as well while taking a much needed break from Destiny.

I find The Division's loot system 100x better than Destiny's, but the replayability is nowhere near Destiny's.
Game play options are also lacking in The Division.

Running for hours in an all but empty city, no change in scenery makes for a mind numbing experience.

The bungie update was lackluster, and late to the party in my opinion.
I have been able to pull myself away from Destiny finally without any urge to play it.
They waited far too long to "announce" the contents. Even if we were to have to wait months for it to arrive, it was still far too long to keep the information from us.

I truly hope that Destiny takes a HUGE note from Division on how to do loot.

I hope to get some kind of raid news, as that's where the real fun is.

I think it's debatable if the looting is better. Division provides a constant stream of loot, so it feels like your rewarded and progressing all the time, but because of its consistency I doubt the game will compel people to play it for very long. After 2-4 weeks everyone will have the best gear.

The variable reinforcement of Destiny meant that players and their loot distributions were appropriately differentiated from one another, providing many with a reason to keep playing. I'm not saying that's necessarily better or worse, but I think in the long-term it keeps people engaged with the game. I think Destiny's Taken King update actually went in the same direction as The Division, providing a constant stream of loot but that resulted in everyone having everything after 3-4 weeks. I know around week 3 of TTK, I had ever new exotic on the loot table. I don't think that's very interesting.

Aside the behavioral aspects of the design of these two games though, Division's actual gameplay is dull. The AI are very basic state machines, some of which demonstrate little more depth than the AI in Pacman (only alternating between two states), meanwhile, gunplay itself and options within combat are frightfully dull. AI variance doesn't help, as aside from enemies that run at you and enemies that don't, there's no reason to adapt from one fight to the next.

Not to mention, it's a city of missed opportunities. The pleasure of this kind of fantasy is the freedom it provides, but The Division offers none of that. You are in an anarchistic environment yet the player has no freedom to do anything. There's nothing unusual to loot, nothing to craft or scavenge, nothing to do beyond the main quests, no reason to explore, no emergent side quests spawning from civilian NPCs. Ugh, it's just bad.

Honestly, I really hate it. They've built a pretty city, some very barebones third person mechanics, and they're expecting behavioral game design to carry the experience. Destiny is different because the actual core of Destiny's design, the gameplay, is actually very good. It could be better, no doubt, especially in PvP, but AI, environmental diversity, freedom of movement, solid controls and diverse abilities come together to make some a pretty good first person shooter.

Namikaze1

Putting in at least 90 hours sounds to me that the game was at the very least worth playing.

Most games nowadays I can barely put in 20 hours let alone 90.
For RPGs, 90 hours is pretty much the norm for me.

This generation alone, I put around 95 into Witcher 3, 98 into my main character in Dragon Age Inquisition, and 97 into my first hunter in Bloodborne.

Fallout 4 is at around 120 hours (and I'm not even done) but I tend to put around 200 hours into a Bethesda game anyway.

There are only two games this gen I placed more than 200 hours into so far: Pokemon Y and Destiny.

One thing Destiny has over the Division is true PvP. Really don't care what the DZ fans say but it is just boring. Stuff like Trials and IB are why I still go back to Destiny every now and then.

Probably a good idea. Would suggest to at least buy either the Vector or BM AK blueprints before putting it away.

yeah, just gonna do dailies and save up the PC since I pretty much bought all the good/great blueprints the BoO vendor sells.

Right now, just gonna focus on getting the last three easy trophies I need for the platinum. Should be able to get all three today. Definitely getting two in half an hour or so.

Yea, m1a and vector are all I need. They are awesome. I grabbed HE knee pads from DZ6 Dark Xur last night and he took my m1a head shots from 87k to around 121k! Awesome knee pads. I just want a couple know blueprints myself and I'll be good to go.

kronk-shoulder-angel.jpg

Mehrman & Ape, who will prevail?

Haha. It's so true. I'm trying to be less salty about stuff I can't control. I had a few moments this weekend in Trials where I wanted to throw out some rage but the game is that is is right now. I even ran a card with Pew and Manny as a voidwalker just for fun.

Can we get that card in today with Igor? Still feel bad we didn't get to run one on Friday.

Yea, m1a and vector are all I need. They are awesome. I grabbed HE knee pads from DZ6 Dark Xur last night and he took my m1a head shots from 87k to around 121k! Awesome knee pads. I just want a couple know blueprints myself and I'll be good to go.
Can't grind to dz rank 50. I just can't do it.

Namikaze1

Wait.
You telling me you got a HE M1A?

Can't grind to dz rank 50. I just can't do it.
I want to but rarely have folks wanting to do DZ stuff.

Math's the only one but she tends to go to DZ06. My poor rank tends to go down instead of up. :(

GutZ31

I think it's debatable if the looting is better. Division provides a constant stream of loot, so it feels like your rewarded and progressing all the time, but because of its consistency I doubt the game will compel people to play it for very long. After 2-4 weeks everyone will have the best gear.

-snip-

When I say I want destiny to take note from division, I am also saying to make it less dumbed down. Let us find attachments for our gear.
Let us find overshields with elemental properties.
Let us use our brain to pick the best options for the job at hand.
Stop making all loot dropped as engrams.
We should be given instant access to gear dropped, similarly to how raids reward you after a challenge.
Engrams should be lessened as a method of acquisition.

I know for a fact, that if I could have used gear as soon as I picked them up in early play of Destiny, I would have used A LOT more guns and gear.

Having to go to the tower just to decode gear was a hassle that lead to only going when I ran out of room to hold engrams.
This meant that engrams I got earlier were only decrypting to a lower level, or almost all turned out to be the same kind.

Testing weapons early on after decrypting was a chore, and still is.

The ability to use something as soon as you get it means you can immediately learn if you like it or not.

Destiny draws this out needlessly with everything early on being engrams.

I still find Destiny much more appealing than The Division in everything but the loot system.

Destiny neutered its gear so anyone could pick up the game and slap gear on without looking deeply into attachments.
The bubble system for scopes and abilities is cool, but limiting.

Why cant we have hand cannons with sniper scopes? lol.

The only problem with divisions loot is 90% of it is useless(let's be honest most if not all loot games have this problem). BUT! They make up for it by making a simple crafting system. Tho I could start seeing this becoming more and more of a grind tho once they decide to do something about the named enemies.

Wait.
You telling me you got a HE M1A?

I want to but rarely have folks wanting to do DZ stuff.

Math's the only one but she tends to go to DZ06. My poor rank tends to go down instead of up. :(
:'''( Nami I would play with you in any zone. Ignoring my message you ass. :p

Namikaze1

The only problem with divisions loot is 90% of it is useless(let's be honest most if not all loot games have this problem). BUT! They make up for it by making a simple crafting system. Tho I could start seeing this becoming more and more of a grind tho once they decide to do something about the named enemies.

:'''( Nami I would play with you in any zone. Ignoring my message you ass. :p
I'm here just waiting for sushi to get done with his alt to farm the rogue kills with him and two other gaffers. Once I'm done with that, I'll be up for regular DZ stuff. Will still need the extract an item at each extraction zone trophy for the platinum. Just need to extract on four zones located in the higher DZ areas.

also, this stupid PSN leap year bug makes it seem as if the message is from yesterday instead of today. Keep getting it confused. :(

WipedOut

I'm here just waiting for sushi to get done with his alt to farm the rogue kills with him and two other gaffers. Once I'm done with that, I'll be up for regular DZ stuff. Will still need the extract an item at each extraction zone trophy for the platinum. Just need to extract on four zones located in the higher DZ areas.

also, this stupid PSN leap year bug makes it seem as if the message is from yesterday instead of today. Keep getting it confused. :(

I just need to catch up to you guys.

Deku Tree

When I say I want destiny to take note from division, I am also saying to make it less dumbed down. Let us find attachments for our gear.
Let us find overshields with elemental properties.
Let us use our brain to pick the best options for the job at hand.
Stop making all loot dropped as engrams.
We should be given instant access to gear dropped, similarly to how raids reward you after a challenge.
Engrams should be lessened as a method of acquisition.

I know for a fact, that if I could have used gear as soon as I picked them up in early play of Destiny, I would have used A LOT more guns and gear.

Having to go to the tower just to decode gear was a hassle that lead to only going when I ran out of room to hold engrams.
This meant that engrams I got earlier were only decrypting to a lower level, or almost all turned out to be the same kind.

Testing weapons early on after decrypting was a chore, and still is.

The ability to use something as soon as you get it means you can immediately learn if you like it or not.

Destiny draws this out needlessly with everything early on being engrams.

I still find Destiny much more appealing than The Division in everything but the loot system.

Destiny neutered its gear so anyone could pick up the game and slap gear on without looking deeply into attachments.
The bubble system for scopes and abilities is cool, but limiting.

Why cant we have hand cannons with sniper scopes? lol.

Destiny would be much better if you could just use your weapons and armor the moment that you got it. I don't know what they would do with Bounty experience, but I just don't use a lot of gear because I can't be bothered to level it up.

Ok! Send me a message when your up for it.

WipedOut

Destiny would be much better if you could just use your weapons and armor the moment that you got it. I don't know what they would do with Bounty experience, but I just don't use a lot of gear because I can't be bothered to level it up.
Yeah, hopefully they scrap this grind for mats and just give us instant upgrades. It just doesn't make since anymore. Here's a weapon but you have to pump shit into it before you can use it.

Maybe if they would scrap it I would try different load outs and weapons. I have many exotic armors just sitting in the vault not being used because it takes too many motes and mats to level up

Haha. It's so true. I'm trying to be less salty about stuff I can't control. I had a few moments this weekend in Trials where I wanted to throw out some rage but the game is that is is right now. I even ran a card with Pew and Manny as a voidwalker just for fun.

Can we get that card in today with Igor? Still feel bad we didn't get to run one on Friday.

Hey no worries man! What time are y'all available today?

Top Bottom