• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

X-Frame

Which means I have a lot of extra materials again.

Weapon parts really mattered when we could forge weapons.
Then they mattered a little when infusing (bolstered by the hard nerf to acquisition.)
When you give up infusing because the process is so tedious you're back to square 1 with an abundance of resources just sitting there.

The only place I've really had to spend resources is leveling Future War Cult and that has clearly been a mistake. I'm at ~75 levels since TTK and no Road Unraveled.

Also, I'm out of Vault space to even bother holding onto extras I could store to level new weapons I maybe want to try.

I recently started using my Hunter (which I neglected for most of TTK) and made a new Warlock, so I went from having 500+ Armor Materials to just over 100 within the last month. I don't know why Bungie didn't think to also allow us to buy Armor Materials from the Gunsmith the same time they added the ability to buy Weapon Parts .. seems obvious to me.

GGs Igor, John, and X.

OT - Bungie hasn't talked about all the missing shaders and emblems that are supposed to drop from strikes, cryptarch, and the crucible right? Seems pretty dumb that we're 6 months in and they still have a super rare drop rate.

Magik

I recently started using my Hunter (which I neglected for most of TTK) and made a new Warlock, so I went from having 500+ Armor Materials to just over 100 within the last month. I don't know why Bungie didn't think to also allow us to buy Armor Materials from the Gunsmith the same time they added the ability to buy Weapon Parts .. seems obvious to me.

They'll add it in a future update as usual.

Argh. Real life interferes and I must adjourn from Scarab hunting. Feel bad because Igor's gonna have to abandon the card if we wants to keep playing and we were at 13 wins. Not a ridiculous win streak, but solid. Sorry, man. Hopefully we can try tomorrow, but tomorrow is also the first day where we don't have grandparents helping out. That's the true Trials....

(Igor, sorry again, if you get th chance, definitely grab a 3rd & keep farming. I'll try to let you know earlier in the day if tomorrow is a possibility. May have to have a flexible start to get my son asleep if we do. Otherwise, I'm definitely down for next year week.)

Also, APE DID NOT TELL ME HE WAS ON STREAMING. My sleep addled baby brain was on full display as I tried to grasp the basics of Scarab farming. But 3 weeks of not playing & sleep deprived and our team still is Mercury capable.

The Gamblers of DestinyGAF

lpwZ1rI.png

GGs Igor, John, and X.

OT - Bungie hasn't talked about all the missing shaders and emblems that are supposed to drop from strikes, cryptarch, and the crucible right? Seems pretty dumb that we're 6 months in and they still have a super rare drop rate.

GGs!

the_id

Argh. Real life interferes and I must adjourn from Scarab hunting. Feel bad because Igor's gonna have to abandon the card if we wants to keep playing and we were at 13 wins. Not a ridiculous win streak, but solid. Sorry, man. Hopefully we can try tomorrow, but tomorrow is also the first day where we don't have grandparents helping out. That's the true Trials....

(Igor, sorry again, if you get th chance, definitely grab a 3rd & keep farming. I'll try to let you know earlier in the day if tomorrow is a possibility. May have to have a flexible start to get my son asleep if we do. Otherwise, I'm definitely down for next year week.)

Also, APE DID NOT TELL ME HE WAS ON STREAMING. My sleep addled baby brain was on full display as I tried to grasp the basics of Scarab farming. But 3 weeks of not playing & sleep deprived and our team still is Mercury capable.

It was hilarious listening to you especially when Ape said you were not making any sense. Definitely baby brains. Respect to you for finding the time to indulge in your hobby, when life has given you another bundle of
warlock
to raise.

Felt good to play Trials again after almost 2 weeks. I was a little rusty for the first few games.

Ape and Igor, I'm down to continue to scarab farm tomorrow for an hour or 2 if we can start around 5pm CST.

Toy Machine has reached the Grimoire card Promised Land! GGs and congrats to him, as well as a big thank you to beast mode streamer RUEric for helping. Definitely couldn't have made it without him, especially considering how bad I was sucking at the start. Lots of fun with so many DGAF'ers hanging in chat, bringing the hype. Hooray!

kiUDvhG.jpg

Toy Machine has reached the Grimoire card Promised Land! GGs and congrats to him, as well as a big thank you to beast mode streamer RUEric for helping. Definitely couldn't have made it without him, especially considering how bad I was sucking at the start. Lots of fun with so many DGAF'ers hanging in chat, bringing the hype. Hooray!

kiUDvhG.jpg

Man some of the plays Rueric did you wouldn't believe them. He had 19 kills on that sweaty final boss haha.

kiUDvhG.jpg
Big shout outs to Drizz and Rueric for their time and skills and to WipedOut for letting Drizz use your account. Thanks so much. Glad to finally see Mercury for myself and very appreciative for all the support.

WipedOut

Man some of the plays Rueric did you wouldn't believe them. He had 19 kills on that sweaty final boss haha.
My boy Eric bringing the hammer down. He was part of my OG VoG raid group before I found DGAF. Good peeps, during Crota we raided with Lima aka revolver ned

biteren

i uhh got a problem...

i completed the lost and found quest but diddnt get Boolean Gemini...

wtf i did everything, can it be because my Queens Wraths rank is 1?

EDIT: i guess i should try to complete the wolves of mars quest.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
i uhh got a problem...

i completed the lost and found quest but diddnt get Boolean Gemini...

wtf i did everything, can it be because my Queens Wraths rank is 1?

EDIT: i guess i should try to complete the wolves of mars quest.

I thought you get the quest at rank 3.

Alright, Ape, you win. Fig saw me tweeting about Mercury and tweeted back expressing interest in improving in PvP. I would totally reference the PvP posts I've written, but those are impossible to find. So yeah, PvP
and PvE
Destiny blog incoming.

It was hilarious listening to you especially when Ape said you were not making any sense. Definitely baby brains.

But it sounds like I should hold off on writing any big posts til I catch up on sleep? Lol.

Respect to you for finding the time to indulge in your hobby, when life has given you another bundle of
warlock
to raise.

One thing I've really enjoyed about Destiny and DGAF is the # of parents here. Destiny came out 4 months after my first kid was born, and while I don't have Krafty level of hours played, I'm at 650 hours, which still feels incredible.

Destiny is my stress relief (hard to believe with all my salt posts, right?), so it's been a pleasure finding time to play, mostly with fellow DGAFers.

One thing I've really enjoyed about Destiny and DGAF is the # of parents here. Destiny came out 4 months after my first kid was born, and while I don't have Krafty level of hours played, I'm at 650 hours, which still feels incredible.

Destiny is my stress relief (hard to believe with all my salt posts, right?), so it's been a pleasure finding time to play, mostly with fellow DGAFers.

I just like the vast everyone here and you guys are the reason I played this game for so long. Its always a blast chatting with you guys. I still games with DestinyGAFers in other games often and personally I do care about everyone's well being. I hope with future releases of Destiny, DestinyGAF will grow and be more welcoming of new players :3

Since following this thread I've been looking at my old characters and such and starting to miss them. I'd love to get back into the game and play trials with you guys, though I would be rusty, and I'm from the UK, so I might lag from time to time (though I used to run trials with Americans and it was okay).

I also started looking at the rolls of some of my old items, here's my 1000 yard stare

PuO65cH.png

Snapshot, hidden hand, shortgaze and ambush (I'm actually using ambush at the moment it seems), with eye of the storm (better accuracy when health is low).

I remember having some 'magic bullet' moments with it, sweeping across the screen while my health is low, in rather desperate situations. It's a neat weapon with a nice roll. I dropped that very early on in TTK.

Nobody on my friends list is even idle right now. RIP. April 12th can't come soon enough, both so Destiny gets a shot in the arm and also so I can have Dark Souls 3 to fall back on. Right now I'm just not getting all that into anything.

Welp, this was a rough way to lose the last carry of the day:

At least I went positive and outplayed Ninja several times.... That KB+M too strong. They definitely beat us fair and square but mouse aim in Destiny is silly. GGs all around though.

Mandatory:

tumblr_inline_n8l0kk9uvI1r8wkkd.gif

the_id

At least I went positive and outplayed Ninja several times.... That KB+M too strong. They definitely beat us fair and square but mouse aim in Destiny is silly. GGs all around though.

That's a tough one. True final boss indeed.

NeOak

Mandatory:

tumblr_inline_n8l0kk9uvI1r8wkkd.gif

I guess I should start using the Hori KB+M I got for the PS4 then o.o

To add a non-salty positive note, the carry before that last guy (who didn't have a mic...) got a 315 Counterbalance Doctrine from Mercury and was super hype. Toy Machine also got Doctrine
Rodeo
hype which was great to see. Fun stuff.

Speaking of Doctrine, I'm eager to see it nerfed come the April update haha. That weapon is such BS.

My TLW was letting me down big time at the start of our run, phantom bullets everywhere. Eric convinced me to switch to Doctrine and I didn't look back. It's so strong, so easy to use and so consistent. Hard to beat when TLW can be super unreliable. It's also too strong outside it's intended range, can consistently beat pulses or even scouts at mid-ish range. Really easy to keep the reticle locked on a a guys head and melt them.

WipedOut

My TLW was letting me down big time at the start of our run, phantom bullets everywhere. Eric convinced me to switch to Doctrine and I didn't look back. It's so strong, so easy to use and so consistent. Hard to beat when TLW can be super unreliable. It's also too strong outside it's intended range, can consistently beat pulses or even scouts at mid-ish range. Really easy to keep the reticle locked on a a guys head and melt them.
Bet your glad I had a Trucker Law on that alt!

Grinded the rest of the way to 30 in the division

Sounds spot on and that's the problem. The thing melts at ridiculous ranges and is way too easy to use. It needs some tuning, and I think auto rifles as a whole probably do. I still don't feel like ARs properly reward getting headshots. I suppose that's part of the point of the weapon type, but personally I prefer weapons that feel like they really reward skill.

On another note I played 3 games of salvage earlier and had teamates leave as soon as we started losing on 2 of the games. I just don't understand this behavior. If you leave everytime it looks like you're going to lose then you are going to lose constantly because you aren't practicing against better players.

Nothing fair about KB+Mouse. It's seriously cheating.

Yeah, pretty much.

To be very clear for the record: my opinion on using KB+M is nothing against Lupo. I don't mean anything negative towards him whatsoever, no drama. It's great that he helps people with Trials and he wants every advantage he can get which is fine. A mouse isn't an aimbot.

I don't take "competitive Destiny" remotely seriously enough to get upset about that stuff; this isn't the Halo Championships with $1 million on the line. We played poorly and deserved to lose. But there's a good reason console shooters, especially Destiny, have tons of aim assist while PC games don't.

Bet your glad I had a Trucker Law on that alt!

Grinded the rest of the way to 30 in the division

Your account didn't have much stuff but it had 99% of what I'd hope to use. The Trucker Law has been super hype. I'd never used it as much as I did tonight. I'll probably stick with it at least for carries until they remove TLW bloomy nonsense and/or nerf Doctrine, if that ever happens.

edit: *sigh* I might grind Division a little for mindless distraction. Too wound up to sleep right now and always hate ending the night on a loss. Blargh.

I have an Oryx CP. Is there any chance of getting a group together to just to finish him off for me before reset?

I'm open to it. Though it's a bit early now. I'm game starting about 5pm your time.

Fresh-ish, hes 271 and just replaced his last green. We tried it but the last boss this week was killer

Remember to use fire. If you can't find help now, I can try to help in a couple hours.

Top Bottom