• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I really hope this new content is PoE, VoG, and CE. If its only PoE I'm going to have a hard time coming back. Even though I'd love to of course. Even adding the missing exotics probably isn't enough. Unless of course Xûr sells them.

Like most people here I really want the endgame feel of HoW. Those were the days. I think tTK was a great idea in theory. Only problem is virtually nothing carried over so it wasn't like we have vanilla + all dlc + ttk. We basically just have ttk.

Bungie, when you add to a game, don't forget about all the content you have. Sure people want to play the new stuff, but make the old maps have a 20% chance to show up in rotation and increase that percent later deeper into the life of the game.

/random mini rant.

WeTeHa

Taking a friend through the taken king. Any tips on how I can get him Raid ready?

Complete story missions (huge amounts of XP for first completion) and quests to get to 40 quickly.
Then run strikes to get a bunch of blue engrams, decrypt them one at a time.
If your friend gets a bunch of runes, run court of oryx (lots of blue stuff).
Buy hung jury for a great primary, complete taken war: earth for 1kys and you are basically good to go.

When I say I want destiny to take note from division, I am also saying to make it less dumbed down. Let us find attachments for our gear.
Let us find overshields with elemental properties.
Let us use our brain to pick the best options for the job at hand.
Stop making all loot dropped as engrams.
We should be given instant access to gear dropped, similarly to how raids reward you after a challenge.
Engrams should be lessened as a method of acquisition.

I know for a fact, that if I could have used gear as soon as I picked them up in early play of Destiny, I would have used A LOT more guns and gear.

Having to go to the tower just to decode gear was a hassle that lead to only going when I ran out of room to hold engrams.
This meant that engrams I got earlier were only decrypting to a lower level, or almost all turned out to be the same kind.

Testing weapons early on after decrypting was a chore, and still is.

The ability to use something as soon as you get it means you can immediately learn if you like it or not.

Destiny draws this out needlessly with everything early on being engrams.

I still find Destiny much more appealing than The Division in everything but the loot system.

Destiny neutered its gear so anyone could pick up the game and slap gear on without looking deeply into attachments.
The bubble system for scopes and abilities is cool, but limiting.

Why cant we have hand cannons with sniper scopes? lol.

Although I prefer Destiny I think one way in which The Division is actually much better than Destiny is the seamlessly connected world. None of Destiny's regions match the scope of The Division's Manhattan, and imagine how neat it would be to get to explore an entire city themed around the aesthetic of widows court.

I would rather see games focused on singular, super dense and detailed environments, than offering multiple that are very segmented, and linear. If not for the sheer enjoyment of exploring such an expanse, but for immersion. Destiny always reminds you that it's merely a game, funneling you through narrow corridors and pathways. Division's map diversity actually validates learning the ins and outs of the maps, with ample shortcuts, and surprises to discover. Of course, Division doesn't fill this diverse environment with anything meaningful, so exploration is largely purposeless... but that's another issue.

The Destiny subreddit has been on a fusion kick lately. These videos show off the insane ranges fusions still have as well as their viability in general. Snipers are just too OP right now. I do think they could use the shotgun double damage buff we got in HoW last year for PVE though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVqgZI2mHFg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEakhqAicmA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfh3yMBgwuk

Tbh I posted that line on Feetie's gif in hopes that you would deliver the goods on quality fusion rifle usage :) I've always loved using them, it's just that snipers are so strong like you said (especially for Trials which is all I play nowadays). I've been holding onto that Hot Swap/Braced Frame Thesan the Gunsmith sold awhile back, as well as a hot swap Trials fusion. Just need to dust them off sometime to get a better feel for how they play, such a satisfying kill when you pull it off.

Hopefully Drizzay won't scrub it up

Speaking of reliable posters, you could set your watch to Trout's salt. Kappa

Trust me, nobody is rooting against scrubiness more than me.

Thanks man! Do you have a preference as to what class and set up I roll with?

I always tell people the same thing: use whatever class and set-up you're most comfortable using. If you never snipe, it's not a good time to learn. Better to have a shotty for emergency close quarter usage. The more important stuff will be communication and teamwork which we'll talk about once we start playing. We'll just try our best and hopefully it works out. If not we'll try again another time, no worries.

WipedOut

Tbh I posted that line on Feetie's gif in hopes that you would deliver the goods on quality fusion rifle usage :) I've always loved using them, it's just that snipers are so strong like you said (especially for Trials which is all I play nowadays). I've been holding onto that Hot Swap/Braced Frame Thesan the Gunsmith sold awhile back, as well as a hot swap Trials fusion. Just need to dust them off sometime to get a better feel for how they play, such a satisfying kill when you pull it off.

Speaking of reliable posters, you could set your watch to Trout's salt. Kappa

Trust me, nobody is rooting against scrubiness more than me.

I always tell people the same thing: use whatever class and set-up you're most comfortable using. If you never snipe, it's not a good time to learn. Better to have a shotty for emergency close quarter usage. The more important stuff will be communication and teamwork which we'll talk about once we start playing. We'll just try our best and hopefully it works out. If not we'll try again another time, no worries.

If you want to know what to expect and what call-outs drizzy uses you can check out our trials run here:

https://www.twitch.tv/wip3dout/profile

I'm kinda scrubby so not the best view point but at least you know what to expect.

Tri4

Yeah I think people realised that fusion rifles aren't actually as bad as people seem to think they are. I'm being killed by them more frequently these days, and sometimes from unfair ranges.

Dez_

Yeah I think people realised that fusion rifles aren't actually as bad as people seem to think they are. I'm being killed by them more frequently these days, and sometimes from unfair ranges.
I need to go back and try them again, but I can never really make a kill with them. Don't know the best range, or if I should be hip firing with them or what? I've been killed by the Omolon test rifles from what seems like halfway across the map at times.

What's going with the updates for this game? No new exotics or anything in months.
There's a spring update coming next month, April 12th. Details have been a little sparse, as the only things that have been mentioned so far:

• [*]New PVE Challenges
    [*]New and Updated Gear
    [*]New Quest featuring the Blighted Chalice Strike
    [*]Increased Max Light and Rewards
    [*]Sandbox and Crucible Updates

And more…

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm up for some trials or clash later tonight. Spectating final round with 100k+ other viewers.

Some place around here is selling a 2 foot cheesesteak, so good.

What's going with the updates for this game? No new exotics or anything in months.

New update hits April 12th. But yeah, there hasn't exactly been much news in Year 2. Here's the blurb from this week's BWU:

Destiny Update 2.2.0 will deploy on April 12th, 2016.

From here onward, we’ll refer to it as the “April Update.” As promised, it will have something for every type of Guardian. Here are some of the highlights to look forward to:

New PVE Challenges
New and Updated Gear
New Quest featuring the Blighted Chalice Strike
Increased Max Light and Rewards
Sandbox and Crucible Updates
And more…

edit: beaten by Dez with a sack of door knobs

WeTeHa

I'm gonna be the new wipedout.
8Yc13aw.png

T-0800

Anyone feel like taking a friend of mine on his first VOG raid? I've done it a few times but he doesn't know anything about it.

There are 2 of us and my PSN is Bearillusion. We are ready to go.

Thanks if you can help.

Sounds good. See you online in a bit. Do we know if Trip is still up to join us?

Sounds good. See you online in a bit. Do we know if Trip is still up to join us?

Haven't heard anything from him yet today so I'm not sure. If we need a third I could ask the streamer dude if he's up for another run. I'll be around all night so we'll just play it by ear. I'll hop on XBox soon.

Haven't heard anything from him yet today so I'm not sure. If we need a third I could ask the streamer dude if he's up for another run. I'll be around all night so we'll just play it by ear. I'll hop on XBox soon.

Sounds good. I'm ready when you are. ProgenitorRyan is my actual GamerTag for clarification.

Trakan

My rage has made me too predictable, lol.

I had that Thesan and dismantled it. Now it hasn't been sold in months because Bungie. Feels bad, man.

Lnkn52

Destiny would be much better if you could just use your weapons and armor the moment that you got it. I don't know what they would do with Bounty experience, but I just don't use a lot of gear because I can't be bothered to level it up.
The customization is too much for me but I do agree about not having to level up our gun. Let us use it, all we want to do is shoot things.

I like Fisher Price...

Mindlog

Destiny would be much better if you could just use your weapons and armor the moment that you got it. I don't know what they would do with Bounty experience, but I just don't use a lot of gear because I can't be bothered to level it up.
Which means I have a lot of extra materials again.

Weapon parts really mattered when we could forge weapons.
Then they mattered a little when infusing (bolstered by the hard nerf to acquisition.)
When you give up infusing because the process is so tedious you're back to square 1 with an abundance of resources just sitting there.

The only place I've really had to spend resources is leveling Future War Cult and that has clearly been a mistake. I'm at ~75 levels since TTK and no Road Unraveled.

Also, I'm out of Vault space to even bother holding onto extras I could store to level new weapons I maybe want to try.

Top Bottom