• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

noomi

So I briefly read about the update coming in the next few months, and overheard some people in my party chat talking about it, but I'm not sure exactly what it is...

Some kind of PoE with taken? Raid challenges? I'm so out of touch with Destiny these days :(

Can someone please provide a TLDR?

Kyoufu

So I briefly read about the update coming in the next few months, and overheard some people in my party chat talking about it, but I'm not sure exactly what it is...

Some kind of PoE with taken? Raid challenges? I'm so out of touch with Destiny these days :(

The armor sets shown look like the PoE sets with a Taken lick of paint over them so it's assumed that the new content will be PoE rehashed with Taken stuff.

WeTeHa

We don't know exactly what it will be.
Speculation is a a refresh of prison of elders including either taken guardians as enemies or taken armor/ taken shader as rewards. This is all base on the header image of last weeks bungie update.

We'll get more information on the next 3 wednesdays in the bungie streams.

I've got too, cant wait to try it out

edit: Oh shit top of the page and i'm talking about the divison >_< please don't ban me
you think I talk about destiny ;) well sometimes

BWU just showed a picture of PoE with the PoE armor featuring taken skins and April 12 date. Noting more, noting less iirc.

noomi

The armor sets shown look like the PoE sets with a Taken lick of paint over them so it's assumed that the new content will be PoE rehashed with Taken stuff.

We don't know exactly what it will be.
Speculation is a a refresh of prison of elders including either taken guardians as enemies or taken armor/ taken shader as rewards. This is all base on the header image of last weeks bungie update.

We'll get more information on the next 3 wednesdays in the bungie streams.

BWU just showed a picture of PoE with the PoE armor featuring taken skins and April 12 date. Noting more, noting less iirc.

Thanks guys, I see.

So really just all speculation and rumors at this point, until we have some official confirmations or twitch reveals from Bungie. Coooooooool

WeTeHa

i've overheard that will be a new strike too, im glad that (suposing) PoE is making a comeback, my favorite content of Destiny

Yeah, the "blighted chalice" strike or something. We don't know what that is though. Maybe something to do with the chalice from crota normal mode?
I really hope they bring all strikes to year 2. Winter's run, sepiks prime, summoning pits and nexus... a little more variation in the strike playlist :/ Then add them to the nightfall rotation.
That shouldn't be THAT much work.

Kyoufu

i've overheard that will be a new strike too, im glad that (suposing) PoE is making a comeback, my favorite content of Destiny

PoE was OK but the loot rewards, outside of Her Benevolence were trash so I hope they fix that, but since we're all chasing numbers I don't think there will be much improvement there.

I was hoping for more VoG, personally.

Yeah, the "blighted chalice" strike or something. We don't know what that is though. Maybe something to do with the chalice from crota normal mode?
I really hope they bring all strikes to year 2. Winter's run, sepiks prime, summoning pits and nexus... a little more variation in the strike playlist :/ Then add them to the nightfall rotation.
It's a strike in the Hellmouth that will either start or end in Phogoth's room, probably.

PoE was OK but the loot rewards, outside of Her Benevolence were trash so I hope they fix that, but since we're all chasing numbers I don't think there will be much improvement there.

I was hoping for more VoG, personally.

yeah, the loot was a bummer, but the challenge in the PoE, the strategy and team play was what i truly believe that was what every stuff in Destiny deserved, and i loved Lord of Wolves, a pulse rifle shotgun was garbage but hell fun!

Mindwipe

The problem is there's so little reason to play strikes as is.

Deku Tree

Well if they don't fix the things that don't drop from various places with this update then I'd bet they are never going to fix those drops in year 2.

WeTeHa

The problem is there's so little reason to play strikes as is.

I enjoy playing a couple of strikes when I get home from the lab just to relax. It's actually my most played activity in destiny. Some people prefer pvp, but that's not really my thing outside of iron banner and trials.

Trakan

Why are there gun models that are only used for blue weapons? Add some variety to the Legendary weapon models and use them there. Hopefully the new expansion does.

CeEjrnYUMAAmezZ.jpg:large

Speaking of Iron Banner, they didn't mention it in the last update so I guess it's not coming back for a bit.

Deku Tree

Messages From The Tower

APRIL UPDATE PREVIEWS

Wednesdays at 11:00AM PST

A new game update will hit Destiny on April 12th, packed with new challenges that will lead to new ways to customize and level up your Guardian. While you wait, every Wednesday will be a chance to join Bungie Designers on Twitch to see what they've been working on.

Tune in over the next three weeks for previews of the next content update:
March 23rd: New Things to Do
March 30th: New Things to Earn
April 6th: Sandbox/Crucible Update

So I guess the new or refreshed end game activities will be in the March 23 reveal?

Backwards Phogoth most likely, since they added some new ghosts to that strike some time ago.

Honestly, I'm expecting more of a Devil's Lair to Devil's Spire setup.

The strike will have us go through the summoning pits, through one of those doors in the room, and continue further down into the giant crevice.

Edit: Off topic a bit, and cross posting because I'm curious:

As someone who hasn't played Halo 4 or 5, who stole who's enemy icon?

I mean, those nameplates are identical...

Alright, Ape, you win. Fig saw me tweeting about Mercury and tweeted back expressing interest in improving in PvP. I would totally reference the PvP posts I've written, but those are impossible to find. So yeah, PvP
and PvE
Destiny blog incoming.

YES! JohnofMars PvP blog hype!

Also, you should upload the video of the one match we lost. I was tilting bad. Sorry about that. I felt really dumb and bad about it when we stopped playing.

On the plus side, helping you and Igor Scarab farm increased my Elo again lol

Trakan

Honestly, I'm expecting more of a Devil's Lair to Devil's Spire setup.

The strike will have us go through the summoning pits, through one of those doors in the room, and continue further down into the giant crevice.

Please let it start in Phogoth's chamber and go straight to a new area with nothing recycled...

Who am I kidding?

Deku Tree

If the "new" strike follows Bungie's previous way of doing things, then it will run backwards through the Phogoth Strike, and at the end will be a new boss room with a re-skinned boss with a slightly different move set.

Although I'm not sure if the "live team" has the capacity to create a "new boss room" so IDK.

Damn. Yea running into Lupo and Ninja aint fun, especially on a snipe-heavy map.

I get salty with every game I play I know I could have won, especially games I want to win badly. We lost one game to double sunsingers with voidfangs that we then refaced with us getting the top spawn and we obliterated them on the rematch. Felt great.

Rest in Pineapples, as Gen would say.

I'm down for a good hour to 2 of Scarab farming starting / ELO boosting at 5pm CST.

I've got too, cant wait to try it out

edit: Oh shit top of the page and i'm talking about the divison >_< please don't ban me

You're back! Done with those meetings? Let's do a couple dailies or all 3, sometime! Now that I'm decked out in HE gear :D

I love my M1A, but I don't love any of the 2 HE scopes -_-

If the "new" strike follows Bungie's previous way of doing things, then it will run backwards through the Phogoth Strike, and at the end will be a new boss room with a re-skinned boss with a slightly different move set.

Although I'm not sure if the "live team" has the capacity to create a "new boss room" so IDK.
We've already had a mission doing this.

Bungie plz

I think part of Bungie's chronic communication issues comes from the fact that they've never really understood their audience. This email is a good example. From my experience in raiding, it seems like the core Destiny audience is 25-35 years old. People with full time jobs, and many have children. Why would that demographic be interested in watching a Twitch stream in the middle of the day on a Wednesday? Why is Bungie hyping up these streams at such a vulnerable time in Destiny history during the biggest drought the game has ever had? It just seems flimsy and misguided to me.

They should just wait until they have a major content update, announce it in a traditional manner with a trailer and plenty of details and some press interviews, and then have some streams closer to the release date. The streams should be the side dish, not the main course.

LTWood12

*note to this post-I've used Gjallarhorn a bit the past week or so and I think it's broken. Some rockets inexplicably just don't trigger wolf pack rounds.

Given the PoE hint I would assume the three House of Wolves Exotic Weapons will get year 2 versions. Hopefully we'll get a PvE shotgun buff to go along with Lord of Wolves. Anyway, here are the exotics I expect to get year 2 versions w/ the update:

Queenbreakers' Bow
Lord of Wolves
Dreg's Promise
Patience and Time
Universal Remote
Gjallarhorn

Gjallarhorn makes sense because they'll need one exotic for people to be hyped about, as the others are pretty meh save for Lord of Wolves. It doesn't break PvP and Year 2 PvE is less "spam rockets to win."

I think Thorn & Ice Breaker don't make it due to PvP. I think Vex & Pocket Infinity get saved for some future VoG refresh (not necessarily in year 2). Same for Nechrocasm and Crota's End.

Korosenai

Can anyone on Xbox One carry a washed up Destiny scrub through the hard mode raid, and also do the challenge mode? I'm a 304 light.

*note to this post-I've used Gjallarhorn a bit the past week or so and I think it's broken. Some rockets inexplicably just don't trigger wolf pack rounds.

Given the PoE hint I would assume the three House of Wolves Exotic Weapons will get year 2 versions. Hopefully we'll get a PvE shotgun buff to go along with Lord of Wolves. Anyway, here are the exotics I expect to get year 2 versions w/ the update:

Queenbreakers' Bow
Lord of Wolves
Dreg's Promise
Patience and Time
Universal Remote
Gjallarhorn

Gjallarhorn makes sense because they'll need one exotic for people to be hyped about, as the others are pretty meh save for Lord of Wolves. It doesn't break PvP and Year 2 PvE is less "spam rockets to win."

I think Thorn & Ice Breaker don't make it due to PvP. I think Vex & Pocket Infinity get saved for some future VoG refresh (not necessarily in year 2). Same for Nechrocasm and Crota's End.

Gjallarhorn wolfpack rounds not deploying has been an issue for a very long time, back when Crota was the current Raid and we all stood on a window ledge.
Then they nerfed their damage too.

LTWood12

Gjallarhorn wolfpack rounds not deploying has been an issue for a very long time, back when Crota was the current Raid and we all stood on a window ledge.
Then they nerfed their damage too.

I remember it happening every once in a while, but the rate of it not proc'ing seems to have gone up. At least in my limited use of it over the last week.

Top Bottom