• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

How do you guys control the recoil on TLW when ADSing? It literally ducks and weaves. The recoil is so irregular compared to every other handcannon. And when I'm hipfiring for the close ranges I miss half my shots or leave the fucking enemy with almost no health.

This gun is so hard to use, man.

Don't spam fire it, if ads try to pace your shots and if hip firing let It full auto for 2/3. If you full auto it you can see it takes a moment to settle back to starting position. Don't use aggressive either the trade off isn't worth it

I am finally at platimun ELO in trials, 1581, seems low since a lot of my most recent runs were successful, but I won't complain

Edit: also in the top 5000 for control, woo

WeTeHa

Does anybody have a golg cp I can grab so I can save it for the reset tomorrow?

Anybody up for prison of elders lvl 32/34/35? Need a third.

Tri4

Don't spam fire it, if ads try to pace your shots and if hip firing let It full auto for 2/3. If you full auto it you can see it takes a moment to settle back to starting position. Don't use aggressive either the trade off isn't worth it
I was timing shots. I only fan fired for them CQCs.
Used to be a 2 shot. Now it's just a dream.
So aggressive is mostly useless.

Anyway after some frustration and ass whooping, I give up on this gun for now. I switched to my boolean Gemini and instantly did a lot better so I'm gonna stay like that. TLW sucks
in my hands anyway

Can I get away with using a 170 mida?
Not sure yet. Gotta ask around.

And backout kappa is indeed making a comeback.

If you quickly do the days dailies and the 25 mark bounties for trials that will give you 80 towards the yr2 version

Edit Cozmo said on Reddit that mayhem clash is back tomorrow, time to dig out my gunslinger

ocean

Banned
Can I get away with using a 170 mida?
Not sure yet. Gotta ask around.

And backout kappa is indeed making a comeback.
170 is way too steep a drop to be viable. Snipers at 170 still get the job done because a sniper headshot is ridiculous overkill - they normally do over twice the damage needed to kill someone. This means even at 170, doing half the damage, they can dome you. With a primary, it can mean going from 4 shot kills to 7 shot kills which you can imagine not being a great idea :p

Trials bounties (no wins needed I think) on all 3 alts = 150 Marks = Y2 MIDA. 20 Motes of Light and it's fully upgraded.

NeOak

Destiny forums: "Bungie's content updates are UNACCEPTABLE! WoW has -regular- content updates. The communication from the devs is awful. I'm quitting this game fuck you Bungie."

WoW forums: "It's been 1.5 years since we've had a new raid WTF Blizzard. Guild Wars has updates EVERY TWO WEEKS. I'm quitting this game fuck you Blizzard"

Guild Wars forums: "The content coming out every two weeks is AWFUL! Why can't we have the living world content back! Warframe has new weapons and warframes coming out EVERY WEEK! I'm quitting this game fuck you ArenaNet"

Warframe forums: "Every week there's new content that just requires you to grind for materials. New weapons are not REAL CONTENT. I'm quitting this game and going to the Division fuck you Digital Extremes"

Division forums: "Why does every patch nerf progression and the features you are adding should have BEEN THERE DAY 1 ON SHIP and you STILL HAVEN'T PATCHED IN AN ENDGAME. I thought you guys would learn from Bungie but you're making all the same mistakes fuck you Massive"

Continue on into oblivion.

I seriously laughed at this.

Korosenai

If you quickly do the days dailies and the 25 mark bounties for trials that will give you 80 towards the yr2 version

170 is way too steep a drop to be viable. Snipers at 170 still get the job done because a sniper headshot is ridiculous overkill - they normally do over twice the damage needed to kill someone. This means even at 170, doing half the damage, they can dome you. With a primary, it can mean going from 4 shot kills to 7 shot kills which you can imagine not being a great idea :p

Trials bounties (no wins needed I think) on all 3 alts = 150 Marks = Y2 MIDA. 20 Motes of Light and it's fully upgraded.

I have 113 marks leftover from when I stopped playing. And I have 20 motes I think. Year 2 MIDA is mine when I get home later.

edit: oh crap i need 150 marks. noooo

LTWood12

Fatebringer en espanol is the best weapon name ever.
hqdefault.jpg

I have 113 marks leftover from when I stopped playing. And I have 20 motes I think. Year 2 MIDA is mine when I get home later.

15 for the PvP daily, so you'll be 128/150. 1 Trials bounty will give you 25 legendary marks. Just winning 3 individual rounds will do it. You're golden! Killing 10 guardians in Trials will give you another 25 legendary marks

ocean

Banned

Daily PvP (Control) is 15 Marks, Daily Story 15 more. Dismantle some random Y1 armor pieces you will never use again and you should be good for buying MIDA.

Kyoufu

Daily PvP (Control) is 15 Marks, Daily Story 15 more. Dismantle some random Y1 armor pieces you will never use again and you should be good for buying MIDA.

Y1 stuff gives LMs? Why did I not know this????

edit: BECAUSE THEY DON'T YOU LIED TO ME OCEAN

YOU LIED TO MEEEEEEE

ocean

Banned
hqdefault.jpg
Spanish is my native language but I'd never even thought of using it as the in-game language. Hand Cannon sounds seriously stupid in Spanish holy crap.

...now I wanna check the translations of everything else.

Holy fuck krafty just had the most ridiculous 1v3 ever. Shit was insane. 4-4 round going to cap zone and he somehow won at the last second. Dodging a smash, a self revive landing jump snipes all in the same round o_O

If anyone wants to watch it later it should be by ~2 hours and 52 minutes on the vod.

NeOak

hqdefault.jpg

Jesus, Maria y Jose.

What a fucking ugly name. Should be something like "Traedestino".

Then again, I shudder at reading games in Spanish since they are usually translated in Spain.
they suck

"Cañon de Mano"? WTF WTF WTF THAT'S A FUCKING "PISTOLA" I CAN'T UNSEE THE OBVIOUS GOOGLE TRANSLATE FML

MildSoss

Jesus, Maria y Jose.

What a fucking ugly name. Should be something like "Traedestino".

Then again, I shudder at reading games in Spanish since they are usually translated in Spain.

"Cañon de Mano"? WTF WTF WTF THAT'S A FUCKING "PISTOLA" I CAN'T UNSEE THE OBVIOUS GOOGLE TRANSLATE FML

Yup, exactly what I was thinking too. As someone who speaks spanish that translation sounds horrible. lol Fatebringer sounds so much cooler then Predestinador.

LT should be ashamed for bad taste.

That doesn't translate to Fatebringer. That translates to fucking "Predestinator".

Predestinador has waaaaay better "mouth feel" than Traedestino or anything else. Reminds me of Conquistador, and when we were mighty in Year 1. It's flawless as far as I'm concerned.

NeOak

Predestinador has waaaaay better "mouth feel" than Traedestino or anything else. Reminds me of Conquistador. It's flawless as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry man, It's a bad translation and it sounds silly. Like ass levels of silly because the "Pre" is redundant. Want me to pronounce it to you correctly so you can cringe?

Makes the gun sound like a puny water pistol. No punch.

Top Bottom