• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

My Titan is now afflicted with the Postmaster bug.

Exclamation mark is shown, but the bot does not have anything for me. Fix this crap, Bongo!

Bungie, every time you check the postmaster: "Ha ha, made you look!"

71482d9fcd3d586694e7c3fcc3313f716c34a87334fb816ff7976ce1b3fff8fe_1.jpg

So no remastered raids this april. :(

Hype deflated.

Much depends on when Destiny "2" and the expansion are slated to drop as to when we get the new (old) raids. At a guess I'd say June/August with the next expansion in November

Edit Nightfall is Valus, No radar, small arms, iron clad, exposure. Nope

Spades

The biggest annoyance for me if the new content does just end up being a revised PoE is the fact that it's a 3-man activity. I actually enjoy running the odd PoE every week, but I need a new activity for my entire raid squad.

WOOOOOOOT!!!!!

Great games guys. We beat some really sweaty Final Bosses, including a 3.66 K/D 2 out of 3 times. Lost first match 3-5, beat them 2nd 5-2, took a 5 minute break to not rematch them.. then got them next match and won 5-1....

Really GGs to Ape, Igor, Inapp, and John!

Sorry for the frustration towards the end. After playing all day long and losing some close ones, it starts to get hectic.

20 wins on a 9 win card with no scarab. None yet for me.

GGs Indeed! It was pretty crazy how many times we got matched with people above 2k Elo. I guess that's where one would find the most hardcore of the hardcore at this late in TTK.

Watching these rematches...SO SWEATY. That...blade fail X....

You just need to be like John and get a .44 KD on your 14th match for a Scarab. Kappa.

It's funny, but I actually had a scrubby match when it dropped for me too. Drizz snapped off and at the end I was rewarded. RNG.

Jinjo

That's not what the trophy list says.

That doesn't make it a raid. Back when HoW was announced Bungie even said: no raid this time guys. This time too: no raid remaster guys. But PoE remastered is probably part of the new content. Ergo, PoE ≠ raid.

You just need to be like John and get a .44 KD on your 14th match for a Scarab. Kappa.

Ape calling me out! But get you facts straight!

I got my Scarab with a 2.0 K/D higher on the scoreboard higher than you! The enemy team was what was scrubby. Their team ELO is 1271, so I can't get high and mighty about that K/D. That said!

The 0.44 was in Control on Skyshock where I was dicking around with random weapons.

I'm going to do the report card for our passage & Scarab Hunt, but ironically I think I did better with final bosses than pre-9.

Ape calling me out! But get you facts straight!

I got my Scarab with a 2.0 K/D higher on the scoreboard higher than you! The enemy team was what was scrubby. Their team ELO is 1271, so I can't get high and mighty about that K/D. That said!

The 0.44 was in Control on Skyshock where I was dicking around with random weapons.

I'm going to do the report card for our passage & Scarab Hunt, but ironically I think I did better with final bosses than pre-9.

Hahahahahahaha. Yeah how did that work? We had the same numbers but I had more assists :p On Guardian GG it shows you above me but on the postgame I was above you. SEEMS SUSPECT to me John!

OT but DGAF folks that have seen DD Season 2, SPOILERS AHEAD FOR DAREDEVIL SEASON 2 EPS 1-9:
I was pretty bored with the series until Fisk showed up. I get they had to give us Punisher's backstory, but we really didn't even see him mess up that many people before he got caught. We just saw the aftermath. Now that Fisk is back being a boss I am sure Punisher is going to got HAM by the end.

Kyoufu

That doesn't make it a raid. Back when HoW was announced Bungie even said: no raid this time guys. This time too: no raid remaster guys. But PoE remastered is probably part of the new content. Ergo, PoE ≠ raid.

I'm just pulling your leg.

Dyno

Few days ago got a 310 Mida Multi-Tool. Got it levelled up and then a 310 The Last Word dropped.

Looks like I'll be playing that meta come next Iron Banner.

Hahahahahahaha. Yeah how did that work? We had the same numbers but I had more assists :p On Guardian GG it shows you above me but on the postgame I was above you. SEEMS SUSPECT to me John!

The game's just showing who is better looking. ;) Fashion Trials > Power Trials.

Here's the team contribution scores for our card

Teammate1 - 113%
JohnOfMars - 104%
Teammate2 - 83%

(I'd say this is our most even contribution card yet.)

and our scarab hunt:

Teammate1 - 157%
JohnOfMars - 92%
Teammate2 - 72%

Names anonymized to not put people on blast. ;)

Looking at those scores, I'm so thrilled, because it's the first week that I wasn't the weakest team member!
It was also by far the most snipe heavy map, so it's understandable that certain apes were at a disadvantage.

Match against 2x 2100+ ELO:
https://youtu.be/4gvDSTdTdfM

Rematch #1 versus 3.66 KD guy who was also scarab farming (we lost the 1st game 3-5):
https://youtu.be/q2ZDuS-FqNc

Rematch #2:
https://youtu.be/JFMwG6NhVJs

Man that second rematch was hilarious. It was almost 3 am for me and you guys were like "one more Igor? Just one more? 24th is the charm" and im like okay then one more. And we match that guy again lol. Loading the match (you didnt save it) i was like "Mistakes were made! Regrets!" but we wrecked them :)

Also your voice itself wasn't saved xplicit, weird.

And that was a just a small sample of what we faced. We fought so many teams on that level. Scarab used to be something ridiculous but nowadays its legit tough. I could only do it for so many matches because i had good teams all around.

Looking at those scores, I'm so thrilled, because it's the first week that I wasn't the weakest team member!
It was also by far the most snipe heavy map, so it's understandable that certain apes were at a disadvantage.

Damn. Roasted with data. Feels bad. I think next time I will run my Titan. I tend to be a little more loose with my Warlock because of the self rez.

Also, Igor is confirmed a God when he sweats! Amazing as always dude. I can't even remember a time when I didn't play Trials with him at this point.

It feels so good to come late into HoW and be just ok at Trials to actually being good and competitive in TTK. I don't know if I'll ever reach the top tier, but I'm ok with that. I really owe it to the people I play with in this community.

A couple highlights of this week:

Quick scope

xThuWl50a6RC7oz89G.gif

And this one is hilarious (at least for me) but i was looking at my smartphone with both hands on it and then i hear the self revive noise, take my right hand to my DS4 which was on my lap, move the analog very awkwardly with one hand and press R2 to get this no scope at a self revive after the game was already over 10 seconds ago lol

3osxYe0ABCUHDYsOyY.gif

Jinjo

Haven't played since october because of a busted DS4.

What's happened since then? Any new items or stuff go get now?

Just some refurbished old exotics and two new ones. HM & Challenge mode of KF was maybe introduced after october? Can't remember. The game hasn't changed much since a while after release aside from PvP balance updates.

Damn. Roasted with data. Feels bad. I think next time I will run my Titan. I tend to be a little more loose with my Warlock because of the self rez.

Also, Igor is confirmed a God when he sweats! Amazing as always dude. I can't even remember a time when I didn't play Trials with him at this point.

It feels so good to come late into HoW and be just ok at Trials to actually being good and competitive in TTK. I don't know if I'll ever reach the top tier, but I'm ok with that. I really owe it to the people I play with in this community.

You're so modest. You and Igor are both top 1% players. You'll get your 2000 elo soon!

Igor certainly has crazy endurance. Ironically, you getting salty helps me get out of my own head and straighten up. Were my attempts to unsalt you during those late matches helpful?

Thinking about goals for the rest of the year. I want to:
  • Lead the team contribution for a week.
  • Make it to the Lighthouse as a Defender. (Xplicit & Igor got a good laugh at a preview last night when I forgot to swap subclasses and asked mid-match "do y'all want Weapons of Blessing?")
  • Get an Adept Counterbalance Doctrine. I already have a normal one, but the Adept one looks hot as hell.

I've never been a show off, so I'm super glad I got the Scarab, but I'm not sure if I'll wear it frequently. Ape, you wear your Scarab frequently. Do you worry about repping it well? (I worry about scrubbing it up, like my first match post Scarab was that 0.44 K/D Control Match). I also like having people underestimate me (Defender emblem) vs psych them out (Scarab).

Sorry for long winded rambling. These are things you do when you are trapped under a sleeping newborn. In other news, my two year old just fist bumped my new son and say "boom", which is the most adorable thing ever.

2real4tv

Trials is the best thing going for destiny always have fun with GAF members.

I notice some guys leave before the match ends and when I went to gg I noticed they were listed as a deserter will it still impact there ELO if this happens?

embalm

I never really payed attention to my video game stats, but Trials has unlocked my inner stat tracker. So I've been using Guardian.gg to check out my elo and kd. Obviously I still suck, but I'm pretty happy with the progress I've made. Especially since Destiny is the first FPS that I haven't quit after finishing the story campaign.

I feel like my elo starting at 1200 skews the results of that stat, as in it was far higher than it should have been when I started playing Trials. It seems that it is hanging around 1000 now and climbing slowly.

Our first weekend doing Trials in January I had a KD of .23. The games were brutal and soured the entire mode for me.

A month later in February, a friend talks me into playing Trials again and my KD bounces between .39 and .60. I think this is because of playing recklessly. I was taking big risks and had amazing games against bad opponents and get stomped against good ones.

This month I focus on Survival, I finish my t5 int/dis load out, and watched some videos on how to get good. My KD does something amazing, it becomes consistent. I'm still terrible, but I am now consistently terrible, which means I am able to pick out the flaws and improve on them.
My KD is steadily risen from .48 to .60. I'm sure that I will have more ups and downs, but it's satisfying to see gains, no matter how small.

^^^^^^^^^
Grats, man. Welcome to the addiction. It seems you've got the right idea. It's not about comparing yourself to the best, but to your previous self.

The tale of the guardian who won a rumble match one time even though he had the lowest ELO of all the participants
(all of us are awful)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNxKmro33Rc

Nice match! I can see why you want that Grasp so much; you gel with that Edict. Great work with Immobius as a Striker? Did you get the vendor IB Shotgun, Daedris' Retort? It's a similar archetype with more Striker friendly perks.

You're so modest. You and Igor are both top 1% players. You'll get your 2000 elo soon!

Igor certainly has crazy endurance. Ironically, you getting salty helps me get out of my own head and straighten up. Were my attempts to unsalt you during those late matches helpful?

I've never been a show off, so I'm super glad I got the Scarab, but I'm not sure if I'll wear it frequently. Ape, you wear your Scarab frequently. Do you worry about repping it well? (I worry about scrubbing it up, like my first match post Scarab was that 0.44 K/D Control Match). I also like having people underestimate me (Defender emblem) vs psych them out (Scarab).
Yes, you being the voice of reason always helps. It must be that Destiny Dad in you.

Nah, I don't really put that much thought into wearing the Scarab :) I just think it looks cool. I'm actually more afraid of people who use the random common or rare emblem. Those are the ones you gotta look out for.

Oh, Defender is abosultley viable. Are you familiar with the Destiny Fun Police? Look at this monster go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHeWxnmQyR8

This video actually makes me want to run Defender next week in Trials. What do you think Igor?

All this Trials talk! Love it. Who says Destiny is ded?
PvE players Kappa

Top Bottom