• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

LTWood12

Hey, I'm insulting his main display, not the greatness and convenience of remote play!!! How dare you, sir???

EDIT: Besides, even my remote play station at work is 42".

bLCZwp0.png

drool

I'm ready for PC Remote Play.

LeftOnMars

TotalRecall
Great examples. More:

John Carter of Mars
Veronica Mars

The list goes on. I'm very happy with my name, even if I chose it just because I'm an amateur astronomer in the warm months and thought "of Mars" just sounded cool.

Edit: the baby is sleeping. Why aren't I sleeping?

NeOak

And yes, that is my black and pink Vita in the picture, so be DOUBLE jelly!

Yes, hard wired, and the Vita I use for party chat. I'm ten miles from home and everything but competitive multi is smooth.

You could use the PSTV for party chat too. Just join the party before doing the remote connection to the PS4.

You could use the PSTV for party chat too. Just join the party before doing the remote connection to the PS4.
They did away with the disconnect bug forever ago but for some reason the PSTV still screws up the mixed audio. Game audio is incredibly distorted if you use the party chat app, even though it works fine on Vita if you remote play and party chat.

Deku Tree

https://twitter.com/urkmcgurk/status/712136207497465856

@Urk: "I'm going to play other games!" is such an odd thing to read as a threat. Play tons of games. Games are great. I will make recommendations!

Why does Bungie sometimes tweet disparaging comments to their fans? The thing is I actually agree with what Urk is saying I just feel like he's disparaging Bungie fans and I don't like the way they talk to us. I've never seen anyone say that as a threat.

NeOak

They did away with the disconnect bug forever ago but for some reason the PSTV still screws up the mixed audio. Game audio is incredibly distorted if you use the party chat app, even though it works fine on Vita if you remote play and party chat.

Oh. That sucks. And now that the PSTV was discontinued, I guess that won't be fixed.

E92 M3

@Urk: "I'm going to play other games!" is such an odd thing to read as a threat. Play tons of games. Games are great. I will make recommendations!

Why does Bungie sometimes tweet disparaging comments to their fans? The thing is I actually agree with what Urk is saying I just feel like he's disparaging Bungie fans and I don't like the way they talk to us. I've never seen anyone say that as a threat.

Bungie forums are full of those threats lol

Lnkn52

Here's a picture of my hamster/

GutZ31

Bungie forums are full of those threats lol
Bungie also lost touch with their community with every weekly update since mid last year.

The continued "we're listening!" And "community focus" type posts always end in a question mark hanging over everyone's head asking "did anyone ask for this?".

Even when they do show a clear understanding of what we ask for, we get half baked ideas of what we ask for, or something like the 4% to 0.04% misquote(?).

I've come to the conclusion that when a Bungie employee says "we can do anything now!", they actually are talking about Destiny 2.

ocean

Banned

Cmon there's tons of people who were like "well if you've got nothing for me I'll go play The Division!" Or whatever. A big part of the player base feels this game should somehow never ever ever ever ever stop having new things to do OR ELSE I'LL LEAVE.

Urk is just being rational. Come play, leave when you're done, come back when there's something new. Don't know how that's disparaging tbh

E92 M3

Bungie also lost touch with their community with every weekly update since mid last year.

The continued "we're listening!" And "community focus" type posts always end in a question mark hanging over everyone's head asking "did anyone ask for this?".

Even when they do show a clear understanding of what we ask for, we get half baked ideas of what we ask for, or something like the 4% to 0.04% misquote(?).

I've come to the conclusion that when a Bungie employee says "we can do anything now!", they actually are talking about Destiny 2.

Yeah, they are very much out of touch. The 0.04% change sounds ridiculous and that fact doesn't change with time.

Yeah, they are very much out of touch. The 0.04% change sounds ridiculous and that fact doesn't change with time.

Man I won't forget that. That's the first biggest sign that not only did they lose touch with their community, but with themselves. How did that even happen!? So much wrong information...

WipedOut

Haven't touched Destino since Saturday. Going to Raid tonight and might be done until next reset again. It's been fun playing a new game

HMD

Bungie is too slow, they need more competition in this mini-mmo genre they created and I'm happy to see Ubisoft entering the market.

Cmon there's tons of people who were like "well if you've got nothing for me I'll go play The Division!" Or whatever. A big part of the player base feels this game should somehow never ever ever ever ever stop having new things to do OR ELSE I'LL LEAVE.

Urk is just being rational. Come play, leave when you're done, come back when there's something new. Don't know how that's disparaging tbh
Yep. There are other things to do.

Deku Tree

Now Luke Smith is telling people on Twitter to play other games too.

So weird that Bungie is going full "play other games" on twitter the day before they start to reveal their big Spring content infusion.

GutZ31

It's cool that you like our game. But it would be cooler if you wouldn't play it right now.
They want people to get right at the point that the addiction to destiny is almost cured, then show them the new content in hopes to refuel the addiction.

That's my take on it at least lol.

GhaleonEB

Yeah. Bungie has been pretty consistent in saying they think of Destiny as a game they want players to put on a shelf and come back to when there's new stuff. Part of that is playing other games, and coming back when there's new stuff to play. He's just echoing what Bungie has said for a while new.

Can anyone on Xbox One carry a washed up Destiny scrub through the hard mode raid, and also do the challenge mode? I'm a 304 light.

If you need another body and the timing works out, I can tag along and pretend to be Wiped.

Still drizz we gotta play mang

Drizz, sent you a message on xbox. Might have a former big trials guy wanting to play trials tonight on the bone.

Yo guys, sorry I missed everyone yesterday for Trials. Played a bunch Friday and Sunday so ended up taking Saturday and Monday off. This weekend should be open for many more sweaty games though. Definitely up for continuing to play both consoles assuming there are people looking to run cards. Especially now that the Bone Legend is returning!

WipedOut

They want people to get right at the point that the addiction to destiny is almost cured, then show them the new content in hopes to refuel the addiction.

That's my take on it at least lol.
I think what has happened is that they didn't think this game wouldn't have such a huge PVE presence that it has had. I think they thought people would just stick around for the PVP part, kinda like the halo series.

Haven't touched Destino since Saturday. Going to Raid tonight and might be done until next reset again. It's been fun playing a new game
And this is coming from the crazy guy that moved to PS4 when he got bored playing Destiny on Xbone! If he can play other games, so can you!

Seriously guys, Destiny will still be around when there is something to do again.

Iceman829

If you need another body and the timing works out, I can tag along and pretend to be Wiped.

Yo guys, sorry I missed everyone yesterday for Trials. Played a bunch Friday and Sunday so ended up taking Saturday and Monday off. This weekend should be open for many more sweaty games though. Definitely up for continuing to play both consoles assuming there are people looking to run cards. Especially now that the Bone Legend is returning!

I'll let you know. 4 of us that used to run the raid plus Trance who was with us until we became the late evening raid party are going to run him through.

Maybe I'll take the offer up for a trials card if the map is interesting to me.

And this is coming from the crazy guy that moved to PS4 when he got bored playing Destiny on Xbone! If he can play other games, so can you!

Seriously guys, Destiny will still be around when there is something to do again.

How's rainbow 6 treating you?

Deku Tree

The longer I spend playing other games the less I feel like coming back to Destiny. Not hyped for "Taken PoE" or w/e the new content is sounding like so far. Not a threat. It is how I feel.

Trakan

I think a lot of the "leaving" threats are saying they're done with the game for good. Bungie has completely ruined PVP with the matchmaking/connection/AA changes IMO. It's something I went from playing hours a day to only when IB rolls around, if that.

Then again Bungie doesn't seem to care about that either.

Top Bottom