• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Deku Tree

Cmon there's tons of people who were like "well if you've got nothing for me I'll go play The Division!" Or whatever. A big part of the player base feels this game should somehow never ever ever ever ever stop having new things to do OR ELSE I'LL LEAVE.

Urk is just being rational. Come play, leave when you're done, come back when there's something new. Don't know how that's disparaging tbh

It's the Urks characterization of the player base that you describe that's Disparaging IMO.

Checking destinytracker and just saw that my DTR crucible high skill is 50 (max) because of trials. Is this supposed to be a big deal? I kinda remember drizz posting about him getting it back in HoW.

Checking destinytracker and just saw that my DTR crucible high skill is 50 (max) because of trials. Is this supposed to be a big deal? I kinda remember drizz posting about him getting it back in HoW.

It's a combo of skill (check) and playtime (check), so yeah, it's impressive.

I have my elo in the top 2%, but my playtime is so low that my skill rank is 24.

Mindlog

Thank you Ernie and Ballistic for the quick Nightfall run.

Small Arms might have taken the top spot as my favorite modifier.
I even used Jade Rabbit for PvE!

I wouldn't call it a big deal, it's more just a grind thing. Nobody knows their secret formula but your progression takes more individual stats like k/d into account. So anyone can get there eventually by playing lots but better players will get their faster. It's kinda like ELO where you lose rank by losing games but I don't think it accounts for stats of the players you beat (not sure on that). Afaik it's a holdover from Halo days. Still a good cumulative accomplishment.

I'll let you know. 4 of us that used to run the raid plus Trance who was with us until we became the late evening raid party are going to run him through.

Maybe I'll take the offer up for a trials card if the map is interesting to me.

Right on, that works for me. I can be an alt if somebody can't make it. And I'm totally up for Trials with any X1 folks whenever schedules work. It's fun getting to know you folks better at long last, haha.

Trials with Drizz and Koro sounds like a great time.

If Koro is still up for it, we should run a card this weekend.

For sure man. Not sure how many X1 folks are looking for Trials help, but between you, Koro, Trip, and Eric the streamer there should be plenty of potential helpers. Besides, everyone can farm Wiped's sweet sweet ELO for awhile longer. Although it did go up ~260 points in one weekend...

Iceman829

I'm very good at watching my teammates play while I'm dead! Fun with friends though. Between that, Halo, and Rocket League I'm fine until Destiny produces some worthwhile content. How's the Division? I was on the fence with that one.

Ha! I had some fun with the beta, but it didn't seem like a game anyone I knew was picking up. Plus The Division was more up my alley. I'm having a good time with it. Started playing with a couple people I played other games with and met some other fun people. Grouped up with a friend I used to play Destiny with on Sunday with his buddies for some super squad dark zone fun. Then some squeaker randomly joined some guy in the group and separated our squads :( The game was just patched today, so I'll check out the DZ later after the dailies.

If you end up picking it up I can always lend a hand to boost you up quick if you need it.

Right on, that works for me. I can be an alt if somebody can't make it. And I'm totally up for Trials with any X1 folks whenever schedules work. It's fun getting to know you folks better at long last, haha.

For sure man. Not sure how many X1 folks are looking for Trials help, but between you, Koro, Trip, and Eric the streamer there should be plenty of potential helpers. Besides, everyone can farm Wiped's sweet sweet ELO for awhile longer. Although it did go up ~260 points in one weekend...

I get a little lost since work is busy now, but if I didn't mention it we were aiming for Friday night to run the raid.

Axoman

Don't forget about me and DMH!
for elo farming

GG's fyre (and brother) Stormcaller's a world of fun in mayhem clash, with electrostatic mind your super is up about 20 seconds into the match :d If the grenades weren't so shit I'd happily swap from Sunsinger

I know the chances are slim but mayhem gaf on gaf would be a riot

the_id

It should be a trials map.
Trials map where you kill the enemy team with Sparrows.

Managed to kill 5 people with sparrows. That was the only good thing about this map.

Anyway, based on Urk's comments on his twitter, I'm expecting disappointment for the April update.

E92 M3

Man I won't forget that. That's the first biggest sign that not only did they lose touch with their community, but with themselves. How did that even happen!? So much wrong information...

The biggest problem is that they didn't straight up talk about what happened.

Haven't touched Destino since Saturday. Going to Raid tonight and might be done until next reset again. It's been fun playing a new game

Something that's always been fun!

E92 M3

Division has already gotten some great updates, and then I look at how long it takes Bungie to release something. Man, I really hope Destiny 2 has a better framework for constant updates.

ELO 1560 on Xb1 = Rank 24,000
ELO 1577 on PS4 = Rank 34,000.

Closer to that sweet 1700. That'll probably take a few more weekends at least.

Before I put my try hard pants on, on January 18th, I was 1236.

On Sunday we faced some sweaty teams, a few 1900+ and 1 with 2x 2100+, and My ELO went up by 1, LOL. From 1522 to 1523. Then Monday it went to 1577. It's almost like they reward more for consecutive days or something. ( know it's calc'd somewhat by the team you beat's avg ELO, but yeah.)

Like this game for example. It didn't do anything for my ELO!

jxXovaL.png

See I don't get why I'm called out on this. Ji66a is Mr. Destiny. Dude has been rocking 6 Alts and runs everything on both consoles. He is the real animal.

Even xplicit is more of an animal than me.

They all left for PS4 ;)

Yea, I have 6 maxed out chars including all 3 subclasses, for a total 18 maxed out subclasses. And all chars have completed all challenge modes and tons of trials with each.

PS4: 767 games of trials recorded (should be more because of my deleted warlock who played a ton)
XB1: 378 games of trials.

1145 games of Trials total at least.

I guess this also shows it:

Code:
1239h - 262h deleted
Makes up 7 weeks 2 days 15 hours 2 minutes 54 seconds.
6 active and 1 deleted characters.

I just mainly play pvp and trials on both now. Ji66a raids and stuff on both still. I haven't raided since you first were able to on PS4 and we did the Golgy challenge.

Kalamari

Now Luke Smith is telling people on Twitter to play other games too.

So weird that Bungie is going full "play other games" on twitter the day before they start to reveal their big Spring content infusion.

I think Bungie rather have less people playing their game so they don't get as much criticism.

Bungie is doing that so they can throw the content hammer at us next month and hit us with that 6-month BOOM. Look at all this stuff you can do!

Tomorrow should be interesting to say the least.

But yea, lots of other games isn't a bad thing at all. I think they just have so much political crap that inhibits them from giving us info. At least that's what it seems like to me.

This 3-week Twitch video thing seems to be how they will continue to do things since it's obviously a pattern. Especially now that they're partnered.

WipedOut

Bungie is doing that so they can throw the content hammer at us next month and hit us with that 6-month BOOM. Look at all this stuff you can do!

Tomorrow should be interesting to say the least.

But yea, lots of other games isn't a bad thing at all. I think they just have so much political crap that inhibits them from giving us info. At least that's what it seems like to me.

This 3-week Twitch video thing seems to be how they will continue to do things since it's obviously a pattern. Especially now that they're partnered.
They need to takes notes from division on the rotating stock of what the vendors are selling. It doesn't have to be daily but a weekly reset would be nice

They need to takes notes from division on the rotating stock of what the vendors are selling. It doesn't have to be daily but a weekly reset would be nice

Except for the HE blueprints vendor at BoO. His stuff didn't rotate -_-

Aka the most important endgame vendor ATM especially those that don't feel like grinding to DZ 50 (And I don't blame them).

But yea, for all the other vendors it's pretty damn awesome. I also love getting free mats for checking in now and then.

Homeboyd

See I don't get why I'm called out on this. Ji66a is Mr. Destiny. Dude has been rocking 6 Alts and runs everything on both consoles. He is the real animal.

Even xplicit is more of an animal than me.
It was really more of a shout out to the destiny sock rates in conjunction with simultaneous non-destiny game sock rates. Are these individuals also doing laundry on other games at these rates?

Top Bottom