• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Deku Tree

Well, that team was also equipped with L335 stuff, I'm guessing. So of course the challenge was relatively easy.

But yea, regardless, it's not the fact that people are mad about no checkpoints, but more so that they actually elaborated on why they need checkpoints because "The community wanted it, go to bathroom or eat, etc" then fall back and say that was wrong. It's the principle of the situation that's laughable.

And Bungie said the guy talking was the "Lead Developer" too. I mean if he doesn't know and was just making it up as he went along then what is really going on ar Bungie?

Lol. Are you STILL being salty about this stuff? John pls...why...

I'm trapped under a sleeping baby (not complaining) & Twitter isn't interesting. Probably spending too much time immersed in the salt mines, but gotta admit, Bungie doesn't help sometimes does it?

Wish I could Shaxx bounty with you tonight. Crucible & chill is a great de-salter.

Can't wait for Trials tomorrow.

And Bungie said the guy talking was the "Lead Developer" too. I mean if he doesn't know and was just making it up as he went along then what is really going on ar Bungie?

If I wanted to be an optimist, I would say 1 of 2 things

A) It was his intention to have checkpoints in, but they failed testing fantastically to the point they cannot make it in before April 12th.

B) He was misunderstanding the term checkpoints, and was thinking about how the new card "checkpoints" your score between each round.

Not that i necessarily believe either of these.

Stop everything. Bungie, just fire everyone and rehire from scratch. I'm willing to bet there are more passionate people willing to fix your game.

Can we please not talk about how everyone should be fired? I'm all for criticizing things that deserve criticism (like this PoE CP mistake) but personal insults and talking about people losing their jobs is too far imo.

Like others have said, the new 3 round PoE is so short it won't hinge on CPs like the old Skolas 35 did, but.... yeah. It's still pretty rough to make something untrue into a point of emphasis on stream.

Can we please not talk about how everyone should be fired? I'm all for criticizing things that deserve criticism (like this PoE CP mistake) but personal insults and talking about people losing their jobs is too far imo.

Like others have said, the new 3 round PoE is so short it won't hinge on CPs like the old Skolas 35 did, but.... yeah. It's still pretty rough to make something untrue into a point of emphasis on stream.

I was merely being facetious.

Allow me to empty half the glass.

Unfortunately the reality is that only the Queens weapons will have those neat little chroma things. Unfortunately they still have the god-awful insignia on them that makes them aesthetically bad.

You might be right about the Queen's weapons, but all I need is Her Fury with Tron Chroma anyways.

Also,

prison_of_elders_taken_vex_3rd_01.jpg

does not look like a Queen's weapon but it looks to have Red Chroma.

LTWood12

You might be right about the Queen's weapons, but all I need is Her Fury with Tron Chroma anyways.

Also,

prison_of_elders_taken_vex_3rd_01.jpg

does not look like a Queen's weapon but it looks to have Red Chroma.

yep. It's the six dreg pride hand cannon design, so not a queen's weapon. Heck though I always thought the queen's weapons looked cool.

chur

If they're going have us hanging out in the reef more often, then they should fix the cryptarch there. It's going to be annoying to head to the tower just to decrypt drops.

yep. It's the six dreg pride hand cannon design, so not a queen's weapon. Heck though I always thought the queen's weapons looked cool.

Ahh yea that's it. Well, it's hard to tell from this picture since it doesn't have the same sense of glow that the Tron ones have but I can't wait to see what it's about. Also wondering if the match of the Guardian's glow is a coincidence or by design.

I was merely being facetious.

I know, but it makes the community look bad. There's a lot of salt nowadays, which is understandable. I'm just trying to encourage people to explain/elaborate their criticisms (even in a joking way) instead of the cliche "everyone is stupid and should be fired" thing. The whole "lazy devs" shit-posting is a bad cliche for a lot of online gaming forums, including Gaf.

Man how can you even fuck up something so simple and binary as "does PoE has checkpoints or not". From a "lead designer" no less. This makes me think Bungie is an absolute mess internally.

GG's Optimus, ID, Looney, Manny and Ballistics.

I'm starting to get more comfortable with Stormcaller but cant nail down super timing in 3's. Pulse wave is way OP as well

Catching up on the weekly update, I don't know what to say anymore, I'm just amazed they manage to get dressed and make it into work each day

Ahahaha.

Hahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAAHA

Fire everyone at Bungie. It was a mistake, garbage is still garbage.

How do you FUCK no.

How does the LEAD DESIGNER FUCK UP ON WHAT IS BEING IMPLEMENTED.

HOW DOES HE REITERATE THAT IT WAS CHANGED DUE TO FEEDBACK AND THAT IT WOULD HAVE CHECKPOINTS.

HOW DOES THE LEAD DESIGNER END UP BEING WRONG ABOUT HIS OWN DAMN THING?

This is worse than the .04 thing. Someone being stupid enough to move the decimal two spaces over, that happens. Math mistakes like that happen, I get it.

But the lead designer of the update fucking up, lose all his brain cells, and spewing something that is so wrong on the damn thing he's designing?

That's hilariously bad. That's like, what the fuck. Fire everybody, it's all trash. Hire people who actually know what they're talking about.

Bungie is still Bungie. Garbage is still garbage.

This is probably one of the most embarrassing posts I've had the misfortune of reading here on Gaf. I've seen more dignified tantrums from five-year-olds.

The dude misspoke, and ultimately it doesn't seem like it's going to be make a big difference in the experience.

By all means, however, continue your meltdown. I think the only way you can top this is to start making death threats.

This is probably one of the most embarrassing posts I've had the misfortune of reading here on Gaf. I've seen more dignified tantrums from five-year-olds.

The dude misspoke, and ultimately it doesn't seem like it's going to be make a big difference in the experience.

By all means, however, continue your meltdown. I think the only way you can top this is to start making death threats.

It was his first time on twitch, probably the first time in front of a live internet audience. He was a bit nervous, and it showed on stream.

Mistakes were made, corrected the next day. I don't really see a reason to make a fuss out of it. It's not even close to the 0.04% fiasco.

Lnkn52

Continue to bump his post so we may read it more times.

Edit : Drizzay already dealt with the issue. No need to add more fuel to the flame.

It was his first time on twitch, probably the first time in front of a live internet audience. He was a bit nervous, and it showed on stream.

Mistakes were made, corrected the next day. I don't really see a reason to make a fuss out of it. It's not even close to the 0.04% fiasco.

The irony of "the community" demanding more transparent communication, but then immediately going batshit crazy whenever somebody says something that ends up not being 100% correct, researched, cleared, and approved.

It's like a guy who's holding a gun to your head telling you that you can say whatever you want to him.

This is exactly why you get PR-speak from Bungie, because any mistake, such as misspoken line from a nervous dev on stream, and no matter how ultimately trivial, gets immediately jumped on by hyper-invested Destiny fans and woven into their crazy "Why Bungie hates us" narratives.

Trakan

They don't have the resources to make any drastic changes. This update is barely getting put together. All efforts are on the future lol.

Normally you'd be correct, but making all drops 335 doesn't require any drastic changes. It'd be a workaround to the shitty ranged drop system they have now.

Lee

Six Dregs is a Y1 Variks weapon, no?

So maybe we get Y2 versions of Variks weapons with chroma as well as revamped queens weapons with chroma?

I can't remember using a single Variks weapon, but I loved my Her Benevolence and the Her Fury looks identical.

Haha. Benevolence replaced by Fury. Makes sense.

Just because you don't agree with breezy doesn't mean you have to be a total jerk to him, I mean seriously, why would he make death threats over something as silly as this?

Six Dregs is a Y1 Variks weapon, no?

So maybe we get Y2 versions of Variks weapons with chroma as well as revamped queens weapons with chroma?

I can't remember using a single Variks weapon, but I loved my Her Benevolence and the Her Fury looks identical.

Haha. Benevolence replaced by Fury. Makes sense.

yeah, Six Dregs was a PoE weapon. You could get the elemental version to drop from killing Skolas. It was a decent PvE hand cannon, a better option than the Jewel if you could get it with Solar since it also had a magazine extender perk.

Seems like a solid guess that a bunch of the PoE/Queen's weapons will be coming back in revamped form.

I mean I found it funny but in the end, I mainly care about what PvP changes are coming and if/how old weapons and gear will remain relevant. I only see Trials being my main playtime from now until Sept. I'll definitely check this new stuff out but it's obvious it won't give us many hours. I wish we can get all the info at once but it is what it is

Mindlog

The irony of "the community" demanding more transparent communication, but then immediately going batshit crazy whenever somebody says something that ends up not being 100% correct, researched, cleared, and approved.
Not 100% implies some measure of granularity here.
The humor is when an organization spends so much time acknowledging a player complaint and makes the effort to address it directly.

I still want more SRL. Bring it back with the same rewards and courses. I don't care about rewards. I want to beat my times :\

Ballistic

GG's Optimus, ID, Looney, Manny and Ballistics.

I'm starting to get more comfortable with Stormcaller but cant nail down super timing in 3's. Pulse wave is way OP as well

Catching up on the weekly update, I don't know what to say anymore, I'm just amazed they manage to get dressed and make it into work each day

Thanks for the games guys, it's been a blast not running around solo the last couple days.

Alright, 2 spots for our last atheon run

Who wants to join?
One of this days, i will hopefully have a night off to run some retro raids with u guys. I keep missing all the fun stuff. We might as well do a ficticious clan so i can get my last 3 achievements for guardian lord....

Top Bottom