• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Mindlog

What are the rarest ships?
Queen's Ship, Trials Ship or other faction ship?
It's exactly what I wanted. Need to level up my factions.
Hit 74 FWC on just my Titan after a quick Daily.
The Road is still Decidedly Raveled as those of a communicatory predilection would be wont to say on such occasions.

The update is up!
Challenge of Elders rewards have up to 335 Light, depending on your power
Why?
Prison of Elders does not have checkpoints (oops, sorry)
:Bungie:

Deku Tree

Mentioned on stream, but not actually true:
This is what happens when we preview work in progress on a live show

Oh snap. Bungie lied. Pretty crazy that the lead designer went into extensive detail about how PoE would have checkpoints because that was a major complaint from the community, and then the next day: LOL NOPE!

Deku Tree

Check out this DeeJ speak: "Challenge of Elders rewards have up to 335 Light, depending on your power"

So "smart loot"? Or "no smart loot"? What does "depending on your power" mean? Probably nothing but it's hard to tell when DeeJ is talking...

Deku Tree

Lord Saladin isn’t waiting for the April Update to make a comeback. Neither should you.

Begins: Tuesday, March 29th, 10AM Pacific
Ends: Tuesday, April 5th, 2AM Pacific

The game is Control!

BWU basically recapped the stream and said PoE checkpoints actually not being true.

That's the only bullet point needed.

Plus Iron Banner info.

The no checkpoint thing is so odd.

Like, I don't actually care, because 3 rounds shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes any way.

But they talked about it quite a bit in the stream for it do be an oops like that. How odd.

Check out this DeeJ speak: "Challenge of Elders rewards have up to 335 Light, depending on your power"

So "smart loot"? Or "no smart loot"? What does "depending on your power" mean? Probably nothing but it's hard to tell when DeeJ is talking...

I caught that, too.

No idea what to make of it. My first thought was if I went in as a 316, am I only going to get 320 gear?

It means how much influence you have with RNGesus.

LTWood12

at only 3 rounds it's not like it really NEEDS checkpoints. Takes about as long as a heroic strike. But it is really strange since he talked so specifically about people needing to take a break to eat dinner, etc. then come back.

Iceman829

Lord Saladin isn’t waiting for the April Update to make a comeback. Neither should you.

Begins: Tuesday, March 29th, 10AM Pacific
Ends: Tuesday, April 5th, 2AM Pacific

The game is Control!

I like how they run IB a week before the update to hand out gear that will be worthless the week after.

As for no cps on poe. It's just silly at this point.

LTWood12

Is Praedyth's Revenge still good? Mine has firefly and Feeding Frenzy.

They all do ;)

i still enjoy using it in 6v6, but it was much better when it a 6-round mag and tons of ammo back in year 1. Now w/ special ammo so limited and only a 4 round mag, you're better off using something w/ higher impact like Eirene or 1kS.

ocean

Banned
I like how they run IB a week before the update to hand out gear that will be worthless the week after.

LL is pretty irrelevant tbh, it's all about looks and perks. I still need DIS/STR IB Helm on my Warlock and DIS/STR Void armor chest on my Hunter. I have all my INT/DIS sets.

KF armor is way too ugly to use and PoE armor is almost as bad, so IB + infuse for life.

Its weird that the Titan and Warlock in those pics are wearing new gear (from PoE?) but the Hunter is wearing the old PoE armor just with the supposed Taken shader.

edit: ^ yeah, KF armor is hideous and so it the PoE armor as well.

WipedOut

Its weird that the Titan and Warlock in those pics are wearing new gear (from PoE?) but the Hunter is wearing the old PoE armor just with the supposed Taken shader.

edit: ^ yeah, KF armor is hideous and so it the PoE armor as well.
The helmer he is wearing is the Malok helmet
I believe

There is no more Skolas at this point. So I don't think it's needed.

CoE is 3 rounds long. Trials matches could probably last longer.

How many rounds is the matchmade PoE? Is it 4?

PoE has Checkpoints. No. It doesn't.
Up to 335LL "depending on your power."

icant.gif

Ape, where you at to tell me to talk me down?

aarcane

Damn, I was hoping the IB weapons would cycle around to the pulse rifle and sidearm again, if only because I skipped the one when Saladin sold them.

Dthomp

What scopes?

Snapshot alone is GOD TIER. But Firefly is actually good too.

If you got Ambush then I'll cry.

I wish I'd had got Ambush. Eagleeye SLR20/Longview SLR20/Tacsys SLS15

Talk about shit rewards for NF this week. 305 Warlock Vendor Helm/1yS/297 Titan Vendor Chest

Mentioned on stream, but not actually true:

Ahahaha.

Hahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAAHA

Fire everyone at Bungie. It was a mistake, garbage is still garbage.

How do you FUCK no.

How does the LEAD DESIGNER FUCK UP ON WHAT IS BEING IMPLEMENTED.

HOW DOES HE REITERATE THAT IT WAS CHANGED DUE TO FEEDBACK AND THAT IT WOULD HAVE CHECKPOINTS.

HOW DOES THE LEAD DESIGNER END UP BEING WRONG ABOUT HIS OWN DAMN THING?

This is worse than the .04 thing. Someone being stupid enough to move the decimal two spaces over, that happens. Math mistakes like that happen, I get it.

But the lead designer of the update fucking up, lose all his brain cells, and spewing something that is so wrong on the damn thing he's designing?

That's hilariously bad. That's like, what the fuck. Fire everybody, it's all trash. Hire people who actually know what they're talking about.

Bungie is still Bungie. Garbage is still garbage.

Deku Tree

Ahahaha.

Hahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAAHA

How do you FUCK no.

HOW DOES HE REITERATE THAT IT WAS CHANGED DUE TO FEEDBACK AND THAT IT WOULD HAVE CHECKPOINTS.

This is worse than the .04 thing. Someone being stupid enough to move the decimal two spaces over, that happens. Math mistakes like that happen, I get it.

But the lead designer of the update fucking up, lose all his brain cells, and spewing something that is so wrong on the damn thing he's designing?

That's hilariously bad. That's like, what the fuck. Fire everybody, it's all trash. Hire people who actually know what they're talking about.

Breezy it took them like 15 minutes to complete the "Challenge of Elders" on stream. This is not Skolas 2.0. It doesn't need checkpoints.

Ahahaha.

Hahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAAHA

How do you FUCK no.

Breezy it took them like 15 minutes to complete the "Challenge of Elders" on stream. This is not Skolas 2.0. It doesn't need checkpoints.

They are updating Skolas, yes? I'm assuming that's what people wanted checkpoints for. IIRC even you were arguing for checkpoints there.

This is a blanket 'Nothing in PoE will have checkpoints.'

Challenge of Elders, who cares about that really.

Tri4

Next time those fumb ducks should probably have a sheet of paper listing bullet points on what to talk about so they don't accidentally spout bullshit

Deku Tree

They are updating Skolas, yes? I'm assuming that's what people wanted checkpoints for. IIRC even you were arguing for checkpoints there.

This is a blanket 'Nothing in PoE will have checkpoints.'

Challenge of Elders, who cares about that really.

No, it's only Challenge of Elders and MM CoE that's updated. Three rounds.

As long as I can get the TRON Chroma for my gun, I'm good.

Red Chroma would be 2nd:

Allow me to empty half the glass.

Unfortunately the reality is that only the Queens weapons will have those neat little chroma things. Unfortunately they still have the god-awful insignia on them that makes them aesthetically bad.

No, it's only Challenge of Elders and MM CoE that's updated. Three rounds.

They can't even raise the level cap on things in order to artificially bloat the content drop.

Stop everything. Bungie, just fire everyone and rehire from scratch. I'm willing to bet there are more passionate people willing to fix your game.

Dthomp

On a bright side I got my hunter to 312 and decrypted one of my 3 helms I've held onto and I got my missing hunter Graviton Forfeit 310 :)

Well, that team was also equipped with L335 stuff, I'm guessing. So of course the challenge was relatively easy.

But yea, regardless, it's not the fact that people are mad about no checkpoints, but more so that they actually elaborated on why they need checkpoints because "The community wanted it, go to bathroom or eat, etc" then fall back and say that was wrong. It's the principle of the situation that's laughable.

Top Bottom