• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

So I decided to finally jump back into Destiny after taking a pretty long break after I completed the Vault of glass when it was still new. Just out of curiosity what's the best way to find some people on PS4 to play with?

I'm just about to hit 40 and then I'm going to start hunting for gear, think I'm going to give The prison of elders a shot as I have a key for that I got from a mission for it and it seems like I can matchmake that but I know I'm going to want to run raids and obviously there is no easy option of finding groups in game to do that kind of content. I understand the thought process behind why Bungie did that stuff the way they did but coming from major MMOS that have party/group finder features, or straight up match making for pretty much everything like FFXIV is still a bummer. I love the game though, I never had any issues with the gameplay or style of Destiny (Outside of the fact that I really dislike how mundane the weapons are for a far future sci fi game) and it feels good to come back to it as I think the Taken King is quite good so far.

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're enjoying Taken King so far. As for finding PS4 players, there are a few links in the OP for popular LFG websites:

http://www.destinylfg.net/
https://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams
https://www.the100.io/

This thread has a strong PS4 bias but the game's player population is so thin nowadays that it can sometimes be tricky to find people around here even for PS4. Even so, you can always throw up a post for whatever activity you're doing and just see if anyone's around. The most popular activities are the King's Fall Challenge Modes and Trials of Osiris PvP so those tend to get the most interest.

So I decided to finally jump back into Destiny after taking a pretty long break after I completed the Vault of glass when it was still new. Just out of curiosity what's the best way to find some people on PS4 to play with?

I'm just about to hit 40 and then I'm going to start hunting for gear, think I'm going to give The prison of elders a shot as I have a key for that I got from a mission for it and it seems like I can matchmake that but I know I'm going to want to run raids and obviously there is no easy option of finding groups in game to do that kind of content. I understand the thought process behind why Bungie did that stuff the way they did but coming from major MMOS that have party/group finder features, or straight up match making for pretty much everything like FFXIV is still a bummer. I love the game though, I never had any issues with the gameplay or style of Destiny (Outside of the fact that I really dislike how mundane the weapons are for a far future sci fi game) and it feels good to come back to it as I think the Taken King is quite good so far.

Welcome back! Glad to hear you're enjoying Taken King so far. As for finding PS4 players, there are a few links in the OP for popular LFG websites:

http://www.destinylfg.net/
https://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams
https://www.the100.io/

This thread has a strong PS4 bias but the game's player population is so thin nowadays that it can sometimes be tricky to find people around here even for PS4. Even so, you can always throw up a post for whatever activity you're doing and just see if anyone's around. The most popular activities are the King's Fall Challenge Modes and Trials of Osiris PvP so those tend to get the most interest.

To add to what Drizz said, Iron Banner, a PvP mode that comes once a month where "Light Matters" and you can get 75 Legendary Marks for 3x 25 Mark Weekly Iron Banner bounties. It's fairly popular around here as well for some good 6-man groups. It's back to Control next week (starts on Tuesday @ usually noon CST to 1 hour before next weekly reset Tuesday morning around 3am CST) for the game mode. Regardless of the drops not being useful for most regulars, I can still see a steady amount of trains for both old times sake (It hasn't been Control on a while, and for Legendary Marks / Planetary Mats to stock up before April 12th update. (You can buy Planetary Mats with Legendary Marks, which is what I started doing this week to prepare but only because I don't need anything else with marks).

Finally got the exotic cloak for Dead Orbit. Now I moved on to New Monarchy but this time I'm going to use heavy synths to rank up way faster. It should take me a month to hit rank 25 than the 7+ it took for Dead Orbit.

WipedOut

Division stole all your players.

You will probably like a game where if RNG doesn't give you good loot, you can just shoot other players and take it off their corpse :p
I think I had about 20+ fellow DGAF'ers playing division last, 8 of them were in a party with us. Division has truly stolen a big chunk away. But that's ok, Bungie wants us to play other games.

Edit: due to the great dividing their will not be another Retro Raid night until after the April update. I am taking a hiatus from PVE. I will however sprinkle in some destiny next week and hop on a couple IB trains for funsies.

Trakan

Finally got the exotic cloak for Dead Orbit. Now I moved on to New Monarchy but this time I'm going to use heavy synths to rank up way faster. It should take me a month to hit rank 25 than the 7+ it took for Dead Orbit.

CefagveWQAApBps.jpg:large

I slept on NM way too long. I'm loving how my hunter looks right now.

NM cloak looks cool as as hell. There is a ton of things I want from NM: ship, shader, CLOAK, and the Titan mark.
RIFT IS A GARBAGE GAME TYPE FOR GARBAGE PEOPLE!!!!
I was trying it yesterday solo and it's mind boggling how 9 times out of ten I end up with a bad team and it's unwinnable. It doesn't help that certain maps are just bad for it. With a team it's alright.

I had the same revelation recently. My Hunter is decked out w the exotic cloak, shader and Space Ferrari ship. That cloak looks so good, it's the only exotic one I like since the other two have tears in them.

Titan for Dead Orbit because Titans are hardcore, and Warlock for FWC because Warlocks are weird.

I had the same revelation recently. My Hunter is decked out w the exotic cloak, shader and Space Ferrari ship. That cloak looks so good, it's the only exotic one I like since the other two have tears in them.

Titan for Dead Orbit because Titans are hardcore, and Warlock for FWC because Warlocks are weird.
LOOOOL I had the same mentality for Warlocks.

RIFT IS A GARBAGE GAME TYPE FOR GARBAGE PEOPLE!!!!

Yea it only has its moments during IB when on a full team of 6. Working as a 6 crew feels like extracting a VIP to safety. But only when lag isn't an issue. Also, no heavy is needed. But it's rare to have those moments. For a for fun gametype, it's garbage for sure.

Mindlog

Crap. Too many New Monarchy Hunters now.
Gonna have to change.

My original plan was to get all the exotic class items, but I noped on that because of the 10 weekly clears. Switched to one of each just in case something like the faction specific quests ever happened.
Warlock - nm, DO (wears DO)
Hunter - New Monarchy
Titan - Future War Clowns

I have all the factions ships and shaders and emblems except Road Unraveled. That ship wont drop for me. It's hard not to believe something broke when I've thrown well north of 70+ levels worth of resources at those Clowns and they still wont give me a ship. Since I've stopped doing that I'm already over 200 SCs again.

*Faction shaders are all a little washed out for some reason. Feud Unending looks better with the NM cape than the NM shaders.

The Fun Police build is so fun. Toss a Suppressor Grenade into a room & skate slide in with No Backup Plans & Chaperone, I feel like I can take on the world. I can easily handle 3 enemies.

the_id

Going to try and get a GAF v GAF happening again. Let me know if anyone is interested.

EDIT: I think we could try PewPewPew idea of using trip mines only with Hunters.

Trakan

Yeah I really want the Space Ferrari. Best looking ship in the game.

Funy enough....im doing exactly the same. Hunter on dead orbit now. Got 1 legendary item on each of my chars, going for the second one now. Still trying to decide who to do next with my Titan. New Monarchy done. I may try dead orbit (and because im still missing some ships).

Mindlog

Hold the phone.
Any chance they increase the light level on the exotic class item you get when completing the quest? If they do that then I might go for the ones I am missing.

One of the primary reason I don't change factions now is that I upgraded all of them and don't really have comparably leveled class items to fall back on.

Reading this page has made me realise I'm in the extreme minority here.

Favourite Faction: FWC
Least Favourite: DO

Favourite Class: Warlock
Least Favourite: Titan

Most fun PvP Class: Hunter (All 3 classes are super fun in PvP)
Favorite PvP Class: Warlock (Nothing beats Firebolt Melee... for now)

Most fun PvE Class: Warlock (Self Revive used to save Nightfalls and raids and whatnot. It's also fun Stormtrancing ADS)
Favorite PvE Class: Titan (Bubbles)

My main was a Warlock so I'll always be a Warlock @ <3

phen0m24

Boys and I drove past this store today and we had to stop and take a picture. I bet this is how poor Drizzay feels when he has to play with me. :) kappa no kappa

Pwf5Ziw.jpg

Drizz are you gonna do trials today and/or try to carry?

Yeah, I'm up for some more games today. If John's available we could get him in there or whoever else is around. There's still plenty of people looking for virgin help including Macello's friend. Not sure my exact schedule but should be available in ~an hour.

GGs Drizz and Igor.

Mostly fun times of Trials which is what it's about.

Congrats to Igor on the Scarab. I want it but I'm fine doing just a few games here and there to try to get it. Either way, as long as we're all having fun I'm fine with anything Trials related.

Time for a run on XBOX now maybe with my nephew and his buddy.

Fwiw I'm down for helping Scarab farm as long as people actually wanna try-hard for it, knowing that we'll match good teams. It seemed like if we matched an average team we'd win but when we matched good teams we sorta rolled over. When we did our flawless runs the teamwork and communication was really on point but the scarab games were not so much.

Top Bottom