• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

WeTeHa

You will get Destiny 2 soon enough. (I hope...because I want it as well)

Fall 2017 can't come soon enough. Although dropping PS3 and 360 was the right choice. I honestly did not expect them drop it with RoI and just kill them with D2. Finally no more stupid last gen restrictions.

Short stream was short, and the leak pretty much stole their thunder. But $30 was a great confirmation
(get rekt Macello, LT and Unstable AND ESPECIALLY IGOR)
and what we've seen so far looks legit. It's still 100+ days away but I'm glad there's a reason to be excited again. I'm sure they're gonna stretch out the info drip feed....

He did post that after I went into the discord...

I knew it! :p

Will the Fallen eventually turn into the Vex?

Now that you mention it the conflict between the two seems strange. Sure the Vex want to kill everything, but the fallen worship machines due to their time with the traveler where they viewed it as a god. This view is what eventually led them to create the servitors too.

the_id

Stream was great. Sucks for the leak but I'm hyped. The price is just right. Best thing is we get more story and lore.

Ryck

The theme is just the same photo that was first leaked with the wolves and wall.

Anyone have a summary of the stream?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yup. Blurry eyes and everything. 7 days off now. Next time at work i know which days i'm asking off in September :)
I'm taking 2-3 weeks off in October to go to Japan. I wonder how my boss'd feel to me taking a week off in Sept to play this too...?

Fuck it, may as well just resign and take the holiday payout :D

Must got Flawless in ToO in order to forge the gjallarhorn y3.
I would LoL.

So no year 2 triumphs thing?

Even Bungie wants to forget Year 2 Kappa

Honestly I hope they add one, although I'm not sure what would be on it since most Y2 stuff was seasonal events that are gone now. So it would be lame if they added requirements that were no longer available. If Destiny does last for 10 years it would be awesome to have a Triumphs emblem for all ten.

Kal_El

I just want Warlocks to have some sort of movement upgrade like Hunters with Bones of Eao and shade step and Titans with Twilight. We're warlocks we make all the cool magic shit. We need a phase jump or something.

I just want Warlocks to have some sort of movement upgrade like Hunters with Bones of Eao and shade step and Titans with Twilight. We're warlocks we make all the cool magic shit. We need a phase jump or something.

how about boots that made them like, blast off with a burst of speed

Stream was a glorified teaser. The real info will be laid out starting 3 weeks prior to Sept 20 in 3 streams. Enjoy your summer, people.

I'm not expecting any new info @ e3.

They're still trying to figure things out like light levels. I mainly want to know what new gear and weapons there are, and everything pvp related. That'll probably be Sept 13th.

Lee

I was hoping they were treating this like a real release. I was all ready to preorder the CE from Gamestop, throw an order at the Bungie store for a new shirt. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. $30 is a great price, and for everyone on Xbox using gamesharing it's like $15. That's awesome. Maybe they'll add more stuff soon - http://bungiestore.com/collections/rise-of-iron

Raven117

Fall 2017 can't come soon enough. Although dropping PS3 and 360 was the right choice. I honestly did not expect them drop it with RoI and just kill them with D2. Finally no more stupid last gen restrictions.

Right?! I mean...this little expansion will be fun...But I want the real deal...Destiny 2...applying all the stuff they learned

Glad I woke to watch the stream.
Lots of cool stuff.
looks like we maybe getting new foundry weapons because I see the Hunter holding the Machinegun with a Nadir logo on it.

shermas

Even Bungie wants to forget Year 2 Kappa

Honestly I hope they add one, although I'm not sure what would be on it since most Y2 stuff was seasonal events that are gone now. So it would be lame if they added requirements that were no longer available. If Destiny does last for 10 years it would be awesome to have a Triumphs emblem for all ten.

CoE, KF Hard mode complete, 10 crucible wins. I'm sure they could add some other stuff to a Y2 list. All the Y1 triumphs could be done at any time and I doubt Bungie would offer up a Y2 emblem, then say 'sorry if you didn't do SRL, but that is one of the requirements.'

Lee

These were Year One.

Year Two would probably be like:
- Complete a 41 PoE
- Complete a CoE
- Play SBMM Trials and get rekt.

- Complete 10 Gold Tier bounties
- Slay Oryx on Hard
- Complete all HM Challenge Modes once
- Complete an Elder's Sigil in Two Rounds
- Attain Rank 5 in SRL (would require bringing this back for another chance)
- Attain Rank 5 in Iron Banner
- Win 10 Games of Rift
- Find all Dead Ghosts

They could make it work.

Kal_El

how about boots that made them like, blast off with a burst of speed

Something that makes skip grenades useless and fusion grenades unstick; Everytime we land we do it like superheroes. Um I like the fast crouch walking but I need fast like walking speed not running. I need more suggestions to pass along via twitter

SnakeEyes

Banned
- Complete 10 Gold Tier bounties
- Slay Oryx on Hard
- Complete all HM Challenge Modes once
- Complete an Elder's Sigil in Two Rounds
- Attain Rank 5 in SRL (would require bringing this back for another chance)
- Attain Rank 5 in Iron Banner
- Win 10 Games of Rift
- Find all Dead Ghosts

They could make it work.
And, once again, it won't be worth all the effort.

Lnkn52

Maybe the fallen turn into the vex and then travel back in time to create this whole time paradox and make sure that the guardians don't stop the fallen from becoming the vex.
kappa

668.gif

ocean

Banned
Y2 Triumphs Speculation:

• TTK Story campaign
  • Taken Wars questline
  • Collect all 50 Fragments
  • WP Heroic Challenge
  • Golgi Heroic Challenge
  • Oryx Heroic Challenge
  • x# of Heroic Strikes/NFs
  • x# of Crucible games/wins
  • CoE 41/42 completions

All for an emblem you can't get rid of, get hyped.

shermas

I have a couple suggestions...
- Get a grasp of malok/cloak of taniks to drop
- Have a crucible win% of more than 50%
- Kill 3 red bar enemies in quick succession

I'm not going to let the potential Y2 emblem negativity bum me out... HYPE Train still chugging for me.

Edit: when is the maintenance supposed to be over? I hate myself so I think I'll do a CoE card today... :)

Lee

I have a couple suggestions...
- Get a grasp of malok/cloak of taniks to drop
- Have a crucible win% of more than 50%
- Kill 3 red bar enemies in quick succession

I like this direction... the true Y2 experience.

- Die by flaming hammers 10+ times in one crucible game (easy for those who played the first month of TTK)
- Die by shadowshot 10+ times in one crucible game (again, limited time only - you snoozed you losed)
- Die by heavy before heavy even spawned (sorry everyone who took a break!)

Top Bottom