• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Toki767

335!

Chqp2OuUgAEVOL4.jpg

Shaxx gave me a PC+1 with Agg. Balls, Up Close/Personal, Rifled Barrel/Smallbore and Surrounded. Too good with a Warlock in Inferno 6v6. So many hardscopers :)

WeTeHa

I noticed it like midway through Iron Banner. All of a sudden, red bars and sweaty matches. Bet they added back in skill based matchmaking in some form.
Didn't one of the last patches change something so they could adjust matchmaking on the serverside instead of rolling out a patch? If so, they'll never talk about changes to mm again and just fuck us.

Or was that just so they could update more playlists at the same time? I can't remember..

Never gonna get this control win -.- Playing like crap though so think I will just take a break for now.

I wouldn't bother its rigged against you. I've won 2/10 of my last control matches and in every single one the teams have been weighted against me. I can pull a +4000 points and 1.5kd and still lose, easily

The Rapture

Neo Member
Planning on picking up The Taken King this weekend after over a year of not playing.

Anybody got any advice for a returning player?

The Rapture

Neo Member
What level are you?

Run through ttk story line.

Do all the quests that come after

Get to 285 and run the raid

Lvl 31 Warlock and a Level 29 Hunter. Although I was planning on using the Level 25 boost that you get with it to start a Titan.

I missed out on House of Wolves as well, are there story missions for that expansion to play through too?

I think that should get me sufficiently back into the swing of things though. Thanks :)

Lvl 31 Warlock and a Level 29 Hunter. Although I was planning on using the Level 25 boost that you get with it to start a Titan.

I missed out on House of Wolves as well, are there story missions for that expansion to play through too?

I think that should get me sufficiently back into the swing of things though. Thanks :)

Yes, there are missions, strikes and Prison of Elders(28,32,34 and 35) for House of Wolves you can do. Once you beat the Taken King story missions, you should be close to level 40 and can start upgrading your light level by running strike playlists, crucible, court of oryx, etc.

Titan is a super fun class to play PVE, so go ahead and start a fresh lvl 25 titan with the boost.

The Rapture

Neo Member
Yes, there are missions, strikes and Prison of Elders(28,32,34 and 35) for House of Wolves you can do. Once you beat the Taken King story missions, you should be close to level 40 and can start upgrading your light level by running strike playlists, crucible, court of oryx, etc.

Titan is a super fun class to play PVE, so go ahead and start a fresh lvl 25 titan with the boost.

Sounds good, thanks. Seems like there's a hell of a lot of content that's been added since I last played. Should give me plenty to be getting along with.

Planning on picking up The Taken King this weekend after over a year of not playing.

Anybody got any advice for a returning player?

I was in your shoes about 3 weeks ago

Doing the house of wolves stuff and then the new taken king stuff will get you up to level 40 pretty quickly. At that point levelling to light level 335 is fairly smooth. The new levelling system is designed to be progressive and I won't say much other than just make sure to always have your highest light level stuff equipped as that effects your rewards. I.e decrypt one engram at a time at the cryptarch and make sure to equip the new stuff in order to progressively make the next engram even stronger

If you want someone to help out with strikes etc feel free to drop me a message!

Generally your in for a pretty good ride - the april update seems to have made the game a lot more friendly to newcomers - for me the destiny frustrations of year 1 are basically all but gone and im really enjoying it

I managed to pick one up with Hand-Laid Stock, LightWeight, Counterbalance or Feeding Frenzy. It's my favorite PvE gun atm.

Yeah, it NEEDS CB to be competitive in PvP. I do like the look and feel of the gun. Hopefully Variks will drop another for me sometime.

He wont

The Rapture

Neo Member
I was in your shoes about 3 weeks ago

Doing the house of wolves stuff and then the new taken king stuff will get you up to level 40 pretty quickly

If you want someone to help out with strikes etc feel free to drop me a message!

Generally your in for a pretty good ride - the april update seems to have made the game a lot more friendly to newcomers - for me the destiny frustrations of year 1 are basically all but gone and im really enjoying it

That's a relief, I was hoping there would be a fast route to level 40, didn't really fancy having to struggle through everything at a low level.

I can't remember why I stopped playing originally but it seems like everything that has been implemented over the past year has really solidified the overall game and the fanbase. Can't wait to jump back in.

GunnerZ

Yeah, it NEEDS CB to be competitive in PvP. I do like the look and feel of the gun. Hopefully Variks will drop another for me sometime.

He wont
I tried it out the last ToO for the first time and as expected it just melts people, and with 30 more AA then the Doctrine it just sticks to people like glue.

But I still prefer the Hawksaw.

I tried it out the last ToO for the first time and as expected it just melts people, and with 30 more AA then the Doctrine it just sticks to people like glue.

But I still prefer the Hawksaw.

Banderas.gif

That sounds awesome!

I am still partial to the Hawksaw/PDX myself, but that would be a fun 6v6 or IB gun.

Just did a little math and worked out my hours played by expansion:

Van 195 hrs
TDB 159 hrs
HoW 161 hrs
TKK 280 hrs

I'm a little shocked at how much The Dark Below I played given how short it was and how I gave up after the hard raid came out.

On the equivalent Year 1 schedule, HoW still hasn't come out, so despite having little new content, I'm only 80 hours behind in playtime.

WipedOut

Ok, have two of the queens Final Duty Pulse Rifles. Either one of these any good for PVP?

Final Duty #1
Partial Refund
Fitted Stock / Braced Frame / Smallebore
Glass Half Full

Final Duty #2
Counterbalance
Lightweight / Hand laid Stock / Smallbore
Spray and Play

Also have a Aegis of the Reef with:

Send it / Reinforced barrel
Quick Draw
Counterbalance / Spray and Play