• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

The glimmer in the OT title will always be one of my favorite things. It's how I spot this thread.
Is it supposed to be blue? It shows up as black on my Android... now I know :)

Gunslinger nerf just has me raging. Tripmines are near useless now and the other two grenades just plain suck. They should change incendiary to fusion.

Tripmine was the best grenade because it allowed for strategic play as well as 'oh shit make it stick' moments and they just killed it completely.

Obviously, I have to adapt my playstyle but I resent that I need to for a completely uncalled-for decision by Bungie.

Bladedancer and Nightstalker changes are almost as disruptive.

Might start maining my Striker - lightning grenades are the best grenade in the game right now. Or just scrub it up with Sunsinger. Might as well play the way Bungie wants me too.

Is it supposed to be blue? It shows up as black on my Android... now I know :)

Gunslinger nerf just has me raging. Tripmines are near useless now and the other two grenades just plain suck. They should change incendiary to fusion.

Tripmine was the best grenade because it allowed for strategic play as well as 'oh shit make it stick' moments and they just killed it completely.

Obviously, I have to adapt my playstyle but I resent that I need to for a completely uncalled-for decision by Bungie.

Bladedancer and Nightstalker changes are almost as disruptive.

Might start maining my Striker - lightning grenades are the best grenade in the game right now. Or just scrub it up with Sunsinger. Might as well play the way Bungie wants me too.
It's red, cause it's one of the emoji. ♦️

Titans feel like the most well balanced class right now.

Rehsa

I've been out of the loop (wife and I had our son last Friday), why were Trials and IB canceled? I become Dad, Destiny is really Dad. Maybe I'll be able to play once ROI is out :(

Gunsmith maxes out at 330 too.
Congrats on being a dad! It definitely puts a damper on playing but once you figure it out you will be good. Was canceled because something something people were having issues joining matches or whatever

I thought it was to represent the symbol that was next to the light level in Y1? If memory serves we introduced it back in OT 21 because of it being relevant to light levels?

What's the over under on trials actually happening? Did anybody see the Reddit rumors of exclusive access to a shirt if you complete the year 2 moments of triumph?

What's the over under on trials actually happening? Did anybody see the Reddit rumors of exclusive access to a shirt if you complete the year 2 moments of triumph?

Its from the same guy who leaked the info on Y2 moments of triumph a week or so ago. His latest datamine of the website pulled up some reference to a store code / voucher for a t-shirt. No one is sure if it's just a discount off a t-shirt or if it's a full on freebie. Can't imagine it being free as that would cost Bungie a fair bit of cash.

Odds are it will be a store item available to all, but people who complete the Y2 triumphs get a discount, probably 20% or so.

Stacking exotics and edging your factions are good things to do before more content drops. Building up stocks of strange coins, motes, amour materials etc is also good as well. Finish off old quests you've not done and get working on faction exotic class items.

Or if you are crazy grind out grimoire score.

(I'm doing all of the above)

zewone

Hotfix limited Players in Activity to 10 people max, which seemed to be the issue with Trials and IB.

Trials might come back tomorrow and IB is back on Tuesday.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44879/

Unrelated, Hunters popularity meant we need to make them less fun:

8C4fyzD.png

Proving once again that Bungie only looks at charts for balancing... Although it looks like defender still needs another buff for PvP lol. I doubt they'll do that cause they don't want to make it even more of a crutch class for PVE. Oh well...

How is it lost on the Sandbox Designer that some subclasses are intended to perform support roles?! They really need to get away from focusing on K/D as their primary concern...

How is it lost on the Sandbox Designer that some subclasses are intended to perform support roles?! They really need to get away from focusing on K/D as their primary concern...
I'm guessing they focus on K/D because the majority of players focus on their K/D, so maybe that leads to Bungie thinking it's the most important stat because so many people act like they are playing COD and only care about K/D. I agree with you though. I've always thought that people should base things on score per minute instead of K/D because it might lead to people actually playing the objective in objective based modes and what not.

Basically all the majority cares about is killing things and not dying to things, sadly. COD has spoiled people.

Which is great that Overwatch has done away with the k/d system and made other things tangibly important, IE capturing points, supporting allies, etc. and by introducing a system that showcases this(The little 'this person did X healing/tanking/etc.' at the end), it's a good way to get people to forget about the importance of K/D.

So they show a single chart to support their change and you guys jump on it like it's obviously the sole data they considered before modifying hunters. Okay.

So they show a single chart to support their change and you guys jump on it like it's obviously the sole data they considered before modifying hunters. Okay.
Well they haven't given us anything else other than charts, so until they give us another reason other than "this chart showed us this" then yes, I'm going to assume that.

I'm closing in on 50 exotic engrams so far...these better be useful when ROI comes out!
Did engrams found in year one decrypt into year two gear after Taken King dropped?

We have gone through this type of change a few times and Bungie has not been consistent.

I feel like they are not going to let people stockpile for instant max level increase the day ROI drops.

Not that there is really any harm in saving engrams (if you have the vault space).

Did engrams found in year one decrypt into year two gear after Taken King dropped?

We have gone through this type of change a few times and Bungie has not been consistent.

I feel like they are not going to let people stockpile for instant max level increase the day ROI drops.

Not that there is really any harm in saving engrams (if you have the vault space).

Generally if the icon changes, they will decrypt to old stuff but who knows seeing as its still going to be 1:1 infusion

Greddleok

Can someone help me? I keep getting an error message when trying to connect to the destiny servers on PS4.

I moved to a new country, but I'm not sure if that's the issue (I also have no idea how to fix if it is) because I'm still within Europe.
It's not my internet connection, while I don't have the best connection, it's good enough for other online games.

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this? Or at least what the problem is?

Can someone help me? I keep getting an error message when trying to connect to the destiny servers on PS4.

I moved to a new country, but I'm not sure if that's the issue (I also have no idea how to fix if it is) because I'm still within Europe.
It's not my internet connection, while I don't have the best connection, it's good enough for other online games.

Have you tried all the basic things like restarting ps4. Testing the Internet connection in the ps4 network section. Restarting the router?

Arrrammis

Maybe try restoring licences? It might also be that there was some different localization thing when you moved (Since you're still in EU, i don't think this would be the problem, but I'm not sure what else it might be), uninstalling and then reinstalling should fix that if it's a problem.

Dave_6

Joking answer is by using a rune in the court of oryx. A serious answer is the weekly update thread on destiny reddit

I would link to it but I'm on mobile and lazy

Thanks, I'll look on reddit. Not wasting a rune just to find out :p

EDIT: Damn, this week just happens to be the boss I need to kill for the last fragment! Nice.

GhaleonEB

BWU said:
We want you to feel powerful when you're playing Destiny.
This is not borne out in the 2016 balancing of the game.

Hotfix limited Players in Activity to 10 people max, which seemed to be the issue with Trials and IB.

8C4fyzD.png

When they nerfed the MIDA and 1,000 Yard Stare, which they characterized as balanced. Rather than ask, why are these balanced weapons popular? What lessons can we take from them to make these other not-balanced weapons also be popular? They nerf them for their popularity.

You cannot simultaneously argue you want players to be powerful and have your balancing methodology be, beat down whatever class or weapon is popular. (Though in the case of the Hunter classes, they did appear to have a higher K/D than the others, so it's understandable.)

They framed their argument around this chart lol
Do you want a thesis or something? How about a documentary following this team for the past six months as they gather feedback and player preference data? Admittedly, that second one would be kind of cool.

You guys had a point for the 1000 yrd stare and MIDA. 1kys was most used because it was literally the only high impact legendary sniper. Hunters though? They are the go-to PVP class. And that trip mine "nerf" doesn't mean shit. Stop kidding yourselves. Throw it on a wall like it's meant to be used, or use the incendiary (assuming they fix the burn damage bug they introduced).

Mindlog

The most irritating part of it all is that good players could already dash through tripmines taking minimal damage.

http://i.imgur.com/8C4fyzD.png
Those charts... Data misinterpretation leading to consistently ridiculous conclusions. The main reason I probably won't 'Leave Happy.'

“Why!!!?” came the angry rebukes from the Gunslingers and Bladedancers.
Yeah!

I mained Warlock, prefered high impact scout rifles to bullet hoses, was definitely in favor of the shotgun PvE nerf and even with phantom rounds preferred TLW to other hand cannons. This 'balance patch' still soured me on the game tremendously. Normally I'd be edging factions and hoarding resources. Now I've come to realize I don't want to grind for the right to use the same god damn weapons and armor I've been using for years at some stupid new light level. I definitely don't want to use a class built around an element only to see that element undermined. Without a doubt I don't want PvP to suffer because of PvE and vice versa.

The oldest video that was still on my PS4.
The OG bad idea of buffing for PvE and screwing PvP. The OG lag is just a bonus.
tgb56C6.gif

In retrospect should have probably cut the clip after the six round reload.

Whatever.
Do you want a thesis or something? How about a documentary following this team for the past six months as they gather feedback and player preference data? Admittedly, that second one would be kind of cool.
How Overwatch devs speak to the community part 99999999

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745504371#post-3
Hell BIOWARE did a better job communicating MULTIPLAYER BALANCE CHANGES.

Homeboyd

Trance actually reads theses (thesi?) every night before bed. Dude is weird.

Three reasonable posts about the chart provided as, "...some of the motivations in the form of science..." and you choose to respond like you have?

Just take a breath and chill, lol...

Top Bottom