• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

todd360

edit: Top of Page Persona 5 hype! Dat victory results screen tho
Wvyc1GV.gif

Shiv47

While I know 335 doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, I'd like to hit it on all three characters before taking a break from the game for a bit. At 334 on each, with a handful of things left to level up. Golgy didn't quite come through on the artifacts and gauntlets, so I'm left still needing those on two characters. The stingy bastard.

Played ~90 minutes of Overwatch today. Had a lot of fun with DGAF folk but I don't see the game grabbing me. It's cool and I understand why people are digging it, but the game feel just isn't there for me. Movement too slow, gunplay too floaty, engagements too ground-based. It's a deep game with lots of heroes so maybe it takes awhile to click, but the Destiny game feel is too strong.

mehrmantrout asking the hard questions on Twitter

Hey, if he won't do it then who will?? Besides the thousands of other Twitter trolls out there.
I <3 you Trout

Played ~90 minutes of Overwatch today. Had a lot of fun with DGAF folk but I don't see the game grabbing me. It's cool and I understand why people are digging it, but the game feel just isn't there for me. Movement too slow, gunplay too floaty, engagements too ground-based. It's a deep game with lots of heroes so maybe it takes awhile to click, but the Destiny game feel is too strong.

Hey, if he won't do it then who will?? Besides the thousands of other Twitter trolls out there.
I <3 you Trout

Don't know how much I'll actually play it, hopefully a fair amount since I barely played the division and got the gold edition and it's just gonna chill on my hard drive for the rest of time, and I'll be buying this digitally too.Can definitely see a strong sense of team play and competition based around that, it's not a solo-able game at all, if you are going to play competitively, you've really gotta work together and get a good mix of characters to succeed. Will be interesting to see how the community adopts it and what the pick up games in said community look like.

Don't know how much I'll actually play it, hopefully a fair amount since I barely played the division and got the gold edition and it's just gonna chill on my hard drive for the rest of time, and I'll be buying this digitally too.Can definitely see a strong sense of team play and competition based around that, it's not a solo-able game at all, if you are going to play competitively, you've really gotta work together and get a good mix of characters to succeed. Will be interesting to see how the community adopts it and what the pick up games in said community look like.

Yeah, individual characters didn't seem terribly deep but the interplay between them and building out a strong 6-man roster has a lot to it. Even though we were playing in a full group, we didn't know or care enough to take it that seriously. I'm sure the team-tactics that emerge from high-level play will be really interesting.

ocean

Banned
Over watch is amazing. 2 gripes:

1. No sprint. Movement just feels so slow at times.
2. No jumps. Just awkward hops.

Level design and ability variety seem really cool but those 2 points kill the game for me. Maybe I'm spoiled by Destiny but movement is what makes Destiny feel so good and I feel every other game's is lacking in comparison.

Got the Hand of Judgement:

• Perfect Balance / Hammer Forged
  • High Caliber Rounds
  • Hidden Hand / Firefly
JQc1hN5.png

Seems like a nice balance between PvP/PvE.

RNG finally looking out.

WipedOut

Anyone want to Run HM daughters and Oryx? We need two. Start time about 9-9:15 est

1. W193D0UT
2. Homeboyd
3. Jafku
4. Kreepmode

Overwatch is a fun distraction.

I completely agree. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat for $20. That price point says casual fun. $60 says serious commitment.

But it's Blizz, so it'll never go on sale.

I'm finally getting gud at Destiny, and I don't have time for both shooters in my life.

And Drizz is right. Dat amazing Destiny movement isn't there. It seems like movement like that is really class limited.

I completely agree. I'd pick it up in a heartbeat for $20. That price point says casual fun. $60 says serious commitment.

But it's Blizz, so it'll never go on sale.

I'm finally getting gud at Destiny, and I don't have time for both shooters in my life.

And Drizz is right. Dat amazing Destiny movement isn't there. It seems like movement like that is really class limited.

What. Diablo 3 on ps4 and ps3 has gone on sale a LOT of times. Including half the price a month after i had bought it full price ;_;

I honestly hope in Destiny 2 we get armor to counter other abilities. Like being immune to toxin grenades.

My anti firebolt armor would never leave my body.

I haven't run any vanguard strikes in forever (I usually run heroics)... is the variety actually higher? I thought they were the same strikes, only lower level. I thought stuff like summoning pits, nexus and devils lair is only in the legacy playlist.
Last night I ran 7 vanguard strikes.
It went like this
1 winters run
1 psion flayers
2 saber strikes
3 Omnigul

The rotation gave omnigul-saber-omnigul-saber at the beggining.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Last night I ran 7 vanguard strikes.
It went like this
1 winters run
1 psion flayers
2 saber strikes
3 Omnigul

The rotation gave omnigul-saber-omnigul-saber at the beggining.
I will never understand the strike playlist RNG rotation.

it should basically look at the last 2-3 strikes everyone has done and proc one that doesn't meet that criteria. Obviously I'm probably making this simpler than it is but fuck it hate doing the same strikes in a row or the same strikes one after the other.

Frenden

Banned
Anyone wanna partner up for Overwatch? I'm out of the country until the 18th soon and wanted to get some in before I leave!

X-Frame

Aiming in Overwatch felt too slow for me, even on the max setting. I guess I'm spoilt by CoD's insane sensitivity settings.

It's 60 FPS right? Because playing it for an hour and then trying Destiny made it seem like Destiny was 10 FPS or something. Turned the game off so my eyes could readjust, it was very jarring.

Top Bottom