• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Old?
28404319726_535578d58a_o.jpg

More reskins.

giphy.gif

friday

You know what, stream reveals are a bad idea for showing off new things. It's boring and often feels pointless. If you want to show something off it should be a carefully produced trailer. I think Rockstar's trailers for Red Dead are a great example of how to market your game.

What's Siva?

When a machine and a virus love each other very much....

It's the adversary for Rise of Iron. The Fallen have been digging around on Earth and opened a vault that contained the machine virus known as SIVA. Now it's transforming them and the Cosmodrome.

Snwaters

That... was a bad stream. Let's ignore the fact that they didn't show much at all during it, and what was shown was just re-skins. I can understand why these things turned out that way.

But dear lord were those guys painful to watch. There was zero life between those devs. Watching Deej try and interact with them was like watching someone try an coax blood from a stone. Did any of the two devs actually want to be there? There was zero excitement. Like they themselves didn't really seem all that interested in the content. Someone on Reddit summed it up pretty well:
"We're showing you some new things. Hey devs on the couch, can you tell us what we're seeing"

"These things are new."

"Yes, let's go shoot some things."

"Yes, now we are shooting things."

"Here's a room."

"We cannot go in this room."

"We should remind all the viewers how new and different all these familiar areas are."

"Yes they are new."

"We will tell you again about these new things in Germany soon. Show that video again. The one from the beginning."

With that level of excitement, it makes a consumer wonder what they are getting. This helps explain why people are salty about what was shown. If you, the creator seem mum about, why should I get excited?

Compounding that; has Deej ever held a controller in his life? The bad gameplay just made everything else bad about the stream magnified. It's one thing if the streamer is like a dead fish but great at gameplay, or bad at gameplay but has a great persona. But when you have bad gameplay mixed with bad commentary... I'd rather they had other people playing in the background. Or at least go over beforehand what you are going to be doing and what you will be talking about.

Not an impressive showing by Bungie.

Arrrammis

I am really liking the new armor sets that have been shown so far. Much more simple and elegant than the older, almost completely ugly faction, IB, and raid armor. Then again, they were probably wearing blue armor, which for whatever stupid reason we can't have as a cosmetic option.

I dont think this stream was indicative to the amount of content and quality of ROI

That said I hope content spread goes far beyond just a cosmodrome update. Otherwise Plaguelands will be the only thing that matters

At least in Taken king you did have the hunting down of taken ultras

I agree with this. Bungie usually puts out quality content, but their communication skills are beyond bad.

They are holding back and its clear the cosmodrome stuff is at the tail end of its development

They must be near done with the main ROI content

I just wished that had more side gameplay changes they could talk about

Pretty sure you could hunt wolves on patrols and hunt taken before taken king hit. Would have been cool to show off preview content and ancillary changes

Trakan

I am really liking the new armor sets that have been shown so far. Much more simple and elegant than the older, almost completely ugly faction, IB, and raid armor. Then again, they were probably wearing blue armor, which for whatever stupid reason we can't have as a cosmetic option.

The three shown today on stream were all reskins. The hunter/warlock were wearing the current sublime sets reskinned, and the titan was wearing a Vanguard set reskinned for New Monarchy.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
I really hope Destiny 2 lets us design our own ship. It's clear they're just using modular pieces and skins to make "new" ones, so why not give us a small shipyard with which to craft our own??

Also, as long as the title screen and it's music are new for RoI I'll be pretty pleased. Sick to death of Oryx and his ominous tones of dread.

The three shown today on stream were all reskins. The hunter/warlock were wearing the current sublime sets reskinned, and the titan was wearing a Vanguard set reskinned for New Monarchy.
Yep, this was the first thing I noticed. The only original sets we've seen are the IB looking sets and the hunter trials armor. The Titan siva armor as well. Those are the only ones I can think of.

Which all look pretty cool, although I'm not sure what I think of the Titan siva armor.

Arrrammis

I thought those looked familiar, but I was looking more at the armor sets that showed up briefly in the sparrow video. I fully expect a ton of reused assets that will be advertised as "New", but there are actually some cool looking new armor sets, which is nice.

I really hope Destiny 2 lets us design our own ship. It's clear they're just using modular pieces and skins to make "new" ones, so why not give us a small shipyard with which to craft our own??

Also, as long as the title screen and it's music are new for RoI I'll be pretty pleased. Sick to death of Oryx and his ominous tones of dread.

I want our ships to be the "second guardian"

What i mean is the ship is fully featured and geared like a guardian

Sub Classes = Ship Classes
Primary Special and Heavy ship weapons
Armor slots = Ship Parts (engine,armor,mods etc)

Full space battles where you can jump in and out of ship combat (like mothership raids. Infiltrate with your ship and take over with guardian)

Am i thinking way too ambitious?

I want our ships to be the "second guardian"

What i mean is the ship is fully featured and geared like a guardian

Sub Classes = Ship Classes
Primary Special and Heavy ship weapons
Armor slots = Ship Parts (engine,armor,mods etc)

Full space battles where you can jump in and out of ship combat (like mothership raids. Infiltrate with your ship and take over with guardian)

Am i thinking way too ambitious?

i think its too much scope, just a main city like orgrimar/stormwind and more players at the overworld just would be kind of cool

Meh, Exodus Blue, Sectory 618 and Timekeeper were all PS exclusive and those are some of the worst maps IMO.

Ship looks like a reskin of the Comitatus/Fatal Vision so that's... neat? idk, this doesn't seem like much to get all worked up about

we don't now what exotic will be the exclusive yet, that is the one that piss me off

i think its too much scope, just a main city like orgrimar/stormwind and more players at the overworld just would be kind of cool

Yeah almost makes it two different games

I could see ships being used in certain zones like sparrows at the very least

Would be cool to have zero G environments and space patrols

Investigating derelict ships floating in space and such

I dunno they could go a millions different ways

Yeah almost makes it two different games

I could see ships being used in certain zones like sparrows at the very least

Would be cool to have zero G environments and space patrols

Investigating derelict ships floating in space and such

I dunno they could go a millions different ways

i would LOVE a starfox in destiny, without doubt, but we know the truth =(

Considering they had a space ship battle in Reach, I was expecting something of the sort. Maybe in Destiny 2.

I was about to post the same thing. What gives?? At least No Man's Sky may scratch that itch that was left from Reach's ship battle.

I love Destiny, but No Man's Sky is pretty much what I was expecting/hoping Destiny would be. Instead it's a Halo loot game, which is fine.

Even if ships were only for traversal and exploring like sparrows it would be a significant improvement
Even if we could just use the thumbstick to rotate the ship around during the loading screens, it would be a significant improvement. But ideally, we'd use it to travel, and see it parked when we arrive somewhere.

JTripper

I mean patrolling is probably the least exciting thing about Destiny at this point, so of course a stream showing the reskinned areas of earth we've seen millions of times is gonna be boring. There was even that one new section they refused to go into, which I get why they didn't, but a stream was totally unnecessary for this since they really told us nothing new.

I'm not interested in PvP either so I'll probably skip their gamescom stream. Still excited for the new PvE stuff though considering what Bungie learned from TTK. I think it's fair to expect something more substantial than Dark Below and House of Wolves but not quite the overhaul that Taken King was.

Manp

But let's talk about the Iron Gjallarwing. Which holy shit, is this ever sad.

gjallawing.jpg

How low can Bungie stoop to make the most circle-jerky part of reddit into a preorder bonus? What happens next month if preorders are still down?

i like how they showed all those crazy concepts for the Gjallarwing and then the real one is just a reskinned version of every sparrow from TTK

crazy hot this stuff works uh? :| it's an incredible coincidence that the most slick design they could come up with was also the one used for every other sparrow in TTK.

oh bungie

Griffith

Banned
So a bunch of people have posted here and there asking about another flawless raid. I should be able to sherpa another one this weekend same as last week, but let's go ahead and start a fresh group just to keep things clear. I should be available starting Sunday afternoon, EST time.

Let's roughly say 3 pm EST Sunday, but the time can be moved around depending on everyone's availability. Just quote this post if you want to participate.

1.) Drizzay
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

Count me in. PSN Azolith.

LTWood12

That... was a bad stream. Let's ignore the fact that they didn't show much at all during it, and what was shown was just re-skins. I can understand why these things turned out that way.

But dear lord were those guys painful to watch. There was zero life between those devs. Watching Deej try and interact with them was like watching someone try an coax blood from a stone. Did any of the two devs actually want to be there? There was zero excitement. Like they themselves didn't really seem all that interested in the content. Someone on Reddit summed it up pretty well:

With that level of excitement, it makes a consumer wonder what they are getting. This helps explain why people are salty about what was shown. If you, the creator seem mum about, why should I get excited?

Compounding that; has Deej ever held a controller in his life? The bad gameplay just made everything else bad about the stream magnified. It's one thing if the streamer is like a dead fish but great at gameplay, or bad at gameplay but has a great persona. But when you have bad gameplay mixed with bad commentary... I'd rather they had other people playing in the background. Or at least go over beforehand what you are going to be doing and what you will be talking about.

Not an impressive showing by Bungie.

You nailed it.

The Cosmodrome tour was "fine", I suppose, for showing the environment. But it was a complete failure that it was our first encounter with the Splicers and they didn't talk about them at all.

Overall, it was boring.

But let's talk about the Iron Gjallarwing. Which holy shit, is this ever sad.

gjallawing.jpg

How low can Bungie stoop to make the most circle-jerky part of reddit into a preorder bonus? What happens next month if preorders are still down?

Pre-order now to get the Iron Gjallarsuit!

Did anyone else notice the mugs from the stream? :eyes:
giphy.gif

Wait

Did they seriously make the stupid fan made sparrow real

Holy shit

I cannot support this buffoonery.

Top Bottom