• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

WeTeHa

This may be of interest to ocean (and others), so I'm posting what I was just thinking about while watching some tv:

Soooo.... according to some quick math I did, if I use graviton with a pure int roll (85-87 int is enough) and spec str or disc on the second bubble, then get a Int/XXX artifact or ghost (35-33 int), I should be able to hit 2/5/5 on my nightstalker with graviton. However, after doing this, you only have 61x stat points left over if you have perfect rolls, which means this is highly unlikely, considering I don't have a single piece of perfect gear. some are only 1 or 2 points off, but to hit 2/5/5 all of them have to be near perfect with the ideal distribution.

Possible max stat rolls
111 helmet
99 gloves
147 chest
135 boots
60 ghost
60 class item
131 artifact

Sum: 743 stat points (if everything is the max roll)

However: graviton will only give 19 str/disc (-> 651 max stats) and you lose 35 stat points for artifact/ghost... that leaves us with 616 points for the 600 required points in dis/str

Let's say you get 85/19 on graviton (which is possible afaik) and 35/25 on a ghost, you have 120 points in int and need 556 stat points in disc/str. Looking at the rest of the gear (gloves, chest, boots, class item, artifact), you can get a total of 572 stat points. This means you can lose a total of 16 stat points across 5 pieces of gear. Which means all of your gear can be off by a max average of 3.

The easiest will probably be if you spec either str or disc on graviton for the 19 points and then the opposite one (so disc or str) on the ghost (for 25 points). Then get every other piece of gear with almost perfect disc/str rolls and alternate with speccing disc and str, then you can probably hit 2/5/5.

I'm guessing the grind will be real.
Did I make a mistake or does that sound right?

Edit: all of this builds on the assumption that you can get at least 85 stat points of intellect on graviton without speccing the int bubble. If this is actually impossible, it may be impossible to hit 2/5/5 with graviton. I think you can actually hit 92 intellect on graviton without the bubble, but I'm not 100% about that.

ocean

Banned
Chances of this being true are probably 0.04% but I'll share regardless.

Some players are testing be the idea that faction packages will more heavily weigh to a certain slot if it's significantly lower level than the rest. Meaning if you equip a Y1 Special Weapon before claiming your Shaxx package, it'll have a higher chance of giving you a special weapon.

This is mostly about folks fiending for a good Longbow or LDR and probably isn't even true but still worth trying. Nothing to lose. I mean your package will be lower light but it couldn't be 335 anyways and infusing is super easy - the roll is way more important than the LL.

Chances of this being true are probably 0.04% but I'll share regardless.

Some players are testing be the idea that faction packages will more heavily weigh to a certain slot if it's significantly lower level than the rest. Meaning if you equip a Y1 Special Weapon before claiming your Shaxx package, it'll have a higher chance of giving you a special weapon.

This is mostly about folks fiending for a good Longbow or LDR and probably isn't even true but still worth trying. Nothing to lose. I mean your package will be lower light but it couldn't be 335 anyways and infusing is super easy - the roll is way more important than the LL.

People have been testing this for awhile now. It seems pretty bunk to me. I know Trout said he'd gotten armor from like 8 straight rank up packages using this method. I've also done it 2-3 times and gotten armor. The one time I got a Longbow I had high light stuff in every slot. Not sure if there's any real evidence to support the theory, but doesn't hurt to try like you said.

This turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive game I've ever seen.

I can name fireteam members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and ghosts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from the crucible, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across the European Dead Zone, held the minutes silence without fail every remembrance day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single guardian involved in it was a victim.

This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the Battle of the Twilight Gap.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialized massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.

sajj316

Anyone running CoE, nightfall, or even a raid that needs one more? Haven't done the raid in a few months though.

PSN is sajj316

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Team first try.

Game is trolling. 334 items with 335 character.

Todd?

Nh1EJcp.png

Top Bottom