• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

ocean

Banned
Mantle of Perun and Ghost Angel Cloak = forever greatest. I wouldn't mind the Light penalty from using Y1 cloaks, light is hella irrelevant in this game. But dropping Dis/Str is a tangible side effect and it sucks.

IkEIppy.jpg

This run was the hypest shit I've been a part of recently. I ran on Thing's account for his first ever Mercury trip (Grimoire ftw!) and Aluminnator got that sweet Cat emblem. The shiny new Netduma kept our connections on point, with most matches having a ~40 ms average ping. Our first full card ended at 7 wins, and we almost called it a night. Decided to give it one last shot and I'm sure glad we did.

Had two mega-clutch 5-4 wins early, lost mercy at 7-0, hit 8-0 when we were saved by the other team's best player DC'ing midmatch, and then made it to Mercury by beating a full sweaty team including a top 10 X1 player. Such a great feeling when we played our best game at the most important time. The teamwork and big-playz were too real. GGs gentlemen!

Hell yeah! I also got a 335 Apotheosis Veil. Don't know why it didn't show up on the rewards screen (had plenty of room).

Oh well, one and done!

V864RAm.jpg

Any weapon recommendations?

Auto RifleGod-roll Arminus-D or Soulstealers Claw (lots of stability perks) - I missed out Doctrine since you said you've never done trials before but these are the same arch-type

Scout MIDA

Pulse Grasp of Malok, Hawksaw (vendor one is solid), Suros PDX-41

Secondary use whatever you are comfortable with but Snipers are very popular.

Heavy - Truth

Khvostov 7G-02

Sunsinger with firebolts and viking funeral.

Auto RifleGod-roll Arminus-D or Soulstealers Claw (lots of stability perks) - I missed out Doctrine since you said you've never done trials before but these are the same arch-type

Scout MIDA

Pulse Grasp of Malok, Hawksaw (vendor one is solid), Suros PDX-41

Secondary use whatever you are comfortable with but Snipers are very popular.

Heavy - Truth

Thanks for the information I have Mida and Truth so that's a good thing. Off to not suck in PVP for a bit

Yep, this is still very much a thing. Like I've mentioned before, I recommend playing your own account for people who enjoy PvP and want to get better, and recommend me playing your account for people who are mainly interested in grimoire/emblem/loot. Maximum hype is always achieved when playing with others, like the X1 run this morning with all of my hate. But realistically running other people's accounts makes it exponentially easier. There's no way I could've finished ten accounts last weekend otherwise.

That said, I'll be around some this morning. A little burned out from yesterday but I could run a card or two if another helper is around.
Awesome. I appreciate the offer to help!

I was a bit busy this morning getting last minute Mother's Day stuff but should be able to play any night after my daughter goes to bed (~8est).

I'm usually keeping an eye on the thread or discord so just let me know when the time is good for you and help is around.

Hell yeah! I also got a 335 Apotheosis Veil. Don't know why it didn't show up on the rewards screen (had plenty of room).

Oh well, one and done!

V864RAm.jpg

IkEIppy.jpg

This run was the hypest shit I've been a part of recently. I ran on Thing's account for his first ever Mercury trip (Grimoire ftw!) and Aluminnator got that sweet Cat emblem. The shiny new Netduma kept our connections on point, with most matches having a ~40 ms average ping. Our first full card ended at 7 wins, and we almost called it a night. Decided to give it one last shot and I'm sure glad we did.

Had two mega-clutch 5-4 wins early, lost mercy at 7-0, hit 8-0 when we were saved by the other team's best player DC'ing midmatch, and then made it to Mercury by beating a full sweaty team including a top 10 X1 player. Such a great feeling when we played our best game at the most important time. The teamwork and big-playz were too real. GGs gentlemen!

Yep, this is still very much a thing. Like I've mentioned before, I recommend playing your own account for people who enjoy PvP and want to get better, and recommend me playing your account for people who are mainly interested in grimoire/emblem/loot. Maximum hype is always achieved when playing with others, like the X1 run this morning with all of my hate. But realistically running other people's accounts makes it exponentially easier. There's no way I could've finished ten accounts last weekend otherwise.

That said, I'll be around some this morning. A little burned out from yesterday but I could run a card or two if another helper is around.

SO much hype!!!

I'm uploading the video now (135 minutes remaining, RIP). G freaking G. I would have screamed so much louder had it not been 5am hahaha but the quietest let's fucking go ever.

NeOak

Any weapon recommendations?
Elimination is equalized, so give them a try. Trials has a different metagame from the rest of crucible, so try to find a Y2 weapon with a low TTK that you feel comfortable with, as well as learning to snipe and where the sniper lanes are.

Shotguns can be useful too, but you still gotta learn to snipe.

SO much hype!!!

I'm uploading the video now (135 minutes remaining, RIP). G freaking G. I would have screamed so much louder had it not been 5am hahaha but the quietest let's fucking go ever.
Those sweaties kept me awake long enough to study for today's final test. I fell asleep on my chair like 5 minutes after you guys got to Mercury.

Those 5-4s lol.

Elimination is equalized, so give them a try. Trials has a different metagame from the rest of crucible, so try to find a Y2 weapon with a low TTK that you feel comfortable with, as well as learning to snipe and where the sniper lanes are.

Shotguns can be useful too, but you still gotta learn to snipe.

Those sweaties kept me awake long enough to study for today's final test. I fell asleep on my chair like 5 minutes after you guys got to Mercury.

Those 5-4s lol.

Nice!

Yea 7 total 5-4s. We came out on top with 4 of those being wins and 3 being losses. We only had 1 other loss which was 3-5, I believe.

Many good teams last night. NetDuma is real! Pretty awesome stuff.

todd360

The message I sent was, "GG. Looks like your Mercury Access just got...denied"

Then my sunglasses did the anime flash and I pushed them up from the tip of my nose.

That isn't how it works. First you freeze frame your face and then the glasses slowly descend to your face.

Anyone want to play trials?

SO much hype!!!

Awwwww shit

I want to hear how my voice sounds going from tipsy to sober. And everyone cal re-lvie my horrible Sunsinger gameplay. Like, literally thats the longest I've ever played as a SS. I just like the blink on VW cause I can evade better (thanks to the god-rolll Felwinters Lie sniper back in the HoW days).

SO much hype!!!

I couldn't sleep while following the stream last night; between all the 9 round matches, clutch snipez, the 8th match that was on the ropes and the opponent DC'ed, it was like watching a movie (Coach Carter ftw). Glad to have my Grimoire filled out a bit for completionist sake, the loot was just a bonus, although I am enjoying the new Trials gauntlets. :) Thanks again for sticking it out and going for that second card, I passed out very shortly afterwards but glad I caught it live, looking forward to the replay.

WipedOut

I couldn't sleep while following the stream last night; between all the 9 round matches, clutch snipez, the 8th match that was on the ropes and the opponent DC'ed, it was like watching a movie (Coach Carter ftw). Glad to have my Grimoire filled out a bit for completionist sake, the loot was just a bonus, although I am enjoying the new Trials gauntlets. :) Thanks again for sticking it out and going for that second card, I passed out very shortly afterwards but glad I caught it live, looking forward to the replay.
Cat Emblem hype! Get anything good?

Cat Emblem hype! Get anything good?

He got 334 Rodeo Doctrine (his first one, so still nice even though no CB hotness). Also got a 335 water star and a 330 inward lamp. For armor I want to say he got a helmet (?) at 5 wins, but then I definitely remember the Mercury gauntlets he got since they have that awesome blue Chroma. Pulse rifle reload too, which was pretty legit. Those things look badass with the Osiris eye.

Hunter gauntlets w/ auto rifle reload are the only thing I really want from Mercury anymore, but odds are super slim for that to ever happen.

Theorry

Conspiracy D with

Smooth Ballistic, crowd control, reinforced barrel and underdog

vs

Accurized ballistic, crowd control, reinforced barrel and performance bonus

the first one has slighty more range but slighty less impact.

Wich is better you guys think?

Hahaha glad we got it done. I didn't know you were watching but good you got to witness it. Especially since we almost didn't do another card.

And yea, not sure if Net Duma made for more sweaty matches but damn were they tough and fun

Conspiracy D with

Smooth Ballistic, crowd control, reinforced barrel and underdog

vs

Accurized ballistic, crowd control, reinforced barrel and performance bonus

the first one has slighty more range but slighty less impact.

Wich is better you guys think?

The quest ones better than both

Top Bottom