• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Says the one glued to GAF to complain about the game he doesn't play in the OT thread about said game.

Had, you know, actually played the game instead of complaining so much in the OT and even getting banned, you would actually have weapons with good rolls.

I got banned not for the complaining, but for going overboard on being facetious on the comments I made :p

And hey, I enjoy Destiny and enjoyed my time with it, and I'm looking forward to RoI after this update from GI. It's apparent you don't like that-It's also apparent you don't like what I hope for the game.

Also...the game is still practically the same when I stopped playing 5 months ago, lol. The fact that people still keep hunting for the perfect rolls on the same weapons is evidence enough.

It's ok though NeO. Conversing with elitists is fun ;) It lets me keep a cool head and not get inflated enough to have an attitude like yours.

NeOak

I got banned not for the complaining, but for going overboard on being facetious on the comments I made :p

And hey, I enjoy Destiny and enjoyed my time with it, and I'm looking forward to RoI after this update from GI. It's apparent you don't like that-It's also apparent you don't like what I hope for the game.

Also...the game is still practically the same when I stopped playing 5 months ago, lol. The fact that people still keep hunting for the perfect rolls on the same weapons is evidence enough.

It's ok though NeO. Conversing with elitists is fun ;) It lets me keep a cool head and not get inflated enough to have an attitude like yours.

I love how you call me an elitist when my whole point is the fact that you don't play. That makes quite a few of your recent comments out of touch with what actually is happening in game.

And no, the game isn't exactly how it was 5 months ago. The meta has changed and there is actually some variety in primaries. Things like MIDA not being used by 25% of the crucible players and even getting stuff like Universal Remote with Scumbag Titans and NLB being viable now with the special ammo nerf. Even shotguns are used more than snipers in Control. Shit, even Hard Light in IB. Good Eyasluna rolls around too. TLW and even Hawkmoons are back.

But yeah, I'm just an elitist that happened to get lucky by casually playing IB and helping people to get their Grasps of Malok the 1 week Omnigul in has been the NF in all Y2.

The fact that you think that good rolls have to be chased shows how much you are out of touch. Have you even checked the tower vendors after the April update? You might be surprised at what they have. Some even have perfect rolls, some in weapons and some in armor.

I love how you call me an elitist when my whole point is the fact that you don't play. That makes quite a few of your recent comments out of touch with what actually is happening in game.

And no, the game isn't exactly how it was 5 months ago. The meta has changed and there is actually some variety in primaries. Things like MIDA not being used by 25% of the crucible players and even getting stuff like Universal Remote with Scumbag Titans and NLB being viable now with the special ammo nerf. Even shotguns are used more than snipers in Control. Shit, even Hard Light in IB. Good Eyasluna rolls

But yeah, I'm just an elitist that happened to get lucky by casually playing IB and helping people to get their Grasps of Malok the 1 week Omnigul in has been the NF in all Y2.

The fact that you think that good rolls have to be chased shows how much you are out of touch. Have you even checked the tower vendors after the April update? You might be surprised at what they have.

Is consistently playing the game a requirement on whether I can comment and discuss it? No ;)

The base of the game is the same as it was 5 months ago. As I've said before, I don't really care for PvP. I'm mainly a PvEr. And like I've said before, I disagree that Bungie balances both the PvE and PvP together.

You're an elitist on the way you act. You bring up 'You don't even play' as some sort of insult, as a way to dismiss comments that I make- Something an elitist would do.

And personally, I don't think good rolls have to be chased-I got through the game and did the hardest PvE content without chasing-but it's not a lie that people keep chasing the best rolls for their weapons. Yeah, the vendor weapons are good, but people are always fitting in one more Omnigul when it's the NF.

My dear NeO, discussing the game after a huge update from GI is natural. I'm sure others have posted in this thread when they haven't posted in some time, it's only natural. For you to come and say 'You don't even play' is so debase to the conversation. If you keep acting the way you do, you'll just scare people away.

Myself? I welcome discussion, I welcome people coming in and discussing their hopes and wants for the expansion. It's enjoyable conversing. I'm sad you don't see it that, it's also aghast that you think playing Destiny constantly is a requirement to having a conversation. Tsk, tsk, we're better than that as a community, NeO.

stay gold

Thorns old TTK is definitely a better fit for Destiny than the current slowness imo.

Vanilla autos, 1.2 hand cannons (with some minor tweaks to the exotics) & 2.0 Pulses and this game would be untouchable. If only autos didn't get nerfed before the playerbase had properly figured out the game, the drastic swings in the meta could have been avoided I think.

NeOak

Is consistently playing the game a requirement on whether I can comment and discuss it? No ;)

The base of the game is the same as it was 5 months ago. As I've said before, I don't really care for PvP. I'm mainly a PvEr. And like I've said before, I disagree that Bungie balances both the PvE and PvP together.

You're an elitist on the way you act. You bring up 'You don't even play' as some sort of insult, as a way to dismiss comments that I make- Something an elitist would do.

And personally, I don't think good rolls have to be chased-I got through the game and did the hardest PvE content without chasing-but it's not a lie that people keep chasing the best rolls for their weapons. Yeah, the vendor weapons are good, but people are always fitting in one more Omnigul when it's the NF.

My dear NeO, discussing the game after a huge update from GI is natural. I'm sure others have posted in this thread when they haven't posted in some time, it's only natural. For you to come and say 'You don't even play' is so debase to the conversation. If you keep acting the way you do, you'll just scare people away.

Myself? I welcome discussion, I welcome people coming in and discussing their hopes and wants for the expansion. It's enjoyable conversing. I'm sad you don't see it that, it's also aghast that you think playing Destiny constantly is a requirement to having a conversation. Tsk, tsk, we're better than that as a community, NeO.

No. I happen to question the sanity of, as I said, some of the things you say because they don't match the current situation. Playing this game in any capacity would give you a better understanding to argue for the more extreme changes you suggest.

However, not playing at all and then coming back with things like "I hope Y2 weapons are left behind" is kinda... it make no sense.

Thorns old TTK is definitely a better fit for Destiny than the current slowness imo.

Vanilla autos, 1.2 hand cannons (with some minor tweaks to the exotics) & 2.0 Pulses and this game would be untouchable. If only autos didn't get nerfed before the playerbase had properly figured out the game, the drastic swings in the meta could have been avoided I think.

Thorn needs to have the visual and audio effects of the DoT removed.However, I would suggest the TTK to be waaay slower than full auto TLW, since Thorn is way more stable than from the hip full auto TLW.

DoT itself I believe is fine, maybe a different indicator though.

Add HoW snipers in terms of AA and current MIDA to that.

No. I happen to question the sanity of, as I said, some of the things you say because they don't match the current situation. Playing this game in any capacity would give you a better understanding to argue for the more extreme changes you suggest.

However, not playing at all and then coming back with things like "I hope Y2 weapons are left behind" is kinda... do you even think before posting outrageous things like that when they make no sense?

As for you welcoming discussion... that would be the case if everything you posted actually made sense. Sadly, a few of your posts makes several people here, including me, go "What the...".

They just don't say it here. If saying it publicly makes me an "elitist", so be it.

heh, the snide comments. So do tell, which things have I said that don't match the current situation? Do tell. Instead of making your base, derogatory comments, why don't you directly respond to some of the things I've said that you oh so disagree with? Is it the Thorn talk? It has to be the Thorn talk. You're right, i didn't take into consideration that some people just take posts too seriously. It's not like it isn't a running joke that I love talking about the Thorn.

Oh, you take issue with my Y2 weapon comment? Yes, I can tell that is the hill you want to die on because I made a comment in jest right after Mehrman posted about Eyasluna.

Such an outrageous thing !! :) It's called comedy. After posting a serious thought on variety and how it's only good for the game, Mehrman posts about the Thorn and about a good Eyasluna will beat the Thorn, and so I counter with 'Also leave Y2 weapons behind'.

Look at the conversation again. Read where Mehrman said a good roll will beat Thorn. See how I replied directly afterwards(Again, after talking about variety in a lengthy post, I respond to trout with a simple sentence.)

Here I am explaining comedy, and comments made in jest, and I fear it'll just go over NeOs head. Here, I'll show you-

*Lengthy post about how I hope Bungie embraces variety and strong weapons as a baseline*

Then comes Mehrman, discussing the Thorn(Which, as you should know, I love talking about)

I'm fine with Thorn coming back in its current state, though seeing as Bungie giveth with one hand and take with the other I'm guessing it will be nerfed to some degree (hammer forged for send it is my guess)

Hopefully its not as that would then mean you don't have to put up with the current bullshit of hoping an Eyasluna drops with rifled/reinforced to be able to use a HC (a god roll Eyasluna will beat Thorn hands down)

*In direct response to Trout, meant as humorous*

Also they should leave year 2 weapons behind.

This has been an enjoyable discussion NeO. I decided to roll with it, because this definitely isn't the first time you've thrown "Do you even play the game" at me, and my goodness, I can't believe my comment about Y2 weapons set you off.

Just like when I talk about making the Thorn strong, I'm being facetious. I know the Thorn was broken, I know it was originally overbuffed wayback when. It's a running joke that I keep talking about how the Thorn should be the baseline, and how the Thorn was balanced.

stay gold

Thorn needs to have the visual and audio effects of the DoT removed. However, I would suggest the TTK to be just a tad slower than full auto TLW.

DoT itself I believe is fine, it needs a different indicator though.

I actually liked Poshy's idea he had on stream a little while ago, which was that the poison would only be applied after hitting 2 consecutive headshots, players who can aim good would be rewarded with a 2-hit kill, while people who rely on body shots would essentially just be using a regular low impact hand cannon. I'd say take away some of the buffs they gave it way back when too.

I actually liked Poshy's idea he had on stream a little while ago, which was that the poison would only be applied after hitting 2 consecutive headshots, players who can aim good would be rewarded with a 2-hit kill, while people who rely on body shots would essentially just be using a regular low impact hand cannon. I'd say take away some of the buffs they gave it way back when too.

DoT doesn't come into the equation now bar tracking someone, it's a 3 shot kill (2 head 1 body or 1 head 2 body) The only thing people should be worried about is if you can still final round glitch as that will be be a 2 hit kill :d

Edit max armour Titans are a 4 hit (poss with plus armour) and I think ramlocks with + armour are 4 hits as well

stay gold

DoT doesn't come into the equation now bar tracking someone, it's a 3 shot kill (2 head 1 body or 1 head 2 body) The only thing people should be worried about is if you can still final round glitch as that will be be a 2 hit kill :d

No I know, in that scenario I meant it would be buffed to be capable of 2-shotting again (with drawbacks added in other areas of course). Many people will disagree im sure, but I think Destiny is so irritatingly slow right now, and all the max armour + subclass chest builds don't help matters.

I'd just like .2-.3s shaved off kill times across the board. Bungie don't agree however, so my opinion is irrelevant really.

Still hyped for RoI :]

No I know, in that scenario I meant it would be buffed to be capable of 2-shotting again (with drawbacks added in other areas of course). Many people will disagree im sure, but I think Destiny is so irritatingly slow right now, and all the max armour + subclass chest builds don't help matters.

I'd just like .2-.3s shaved off kill times across the board. Bungie don't agree however, so my opinion is irrelevant really.

Still hyped for RoI :]

I agree, year 2 crucible is your disappointing second season. Or the result of a game designed by committee/data/Reddit

I agree, year 2 crucible is your disappointing second season. Or the result of a game designed by committee/data/Reddit

Aside from the lag issues(which isn't only a year 2 problem) I fail to see how it's disappointing? I've personally never used such a wide variety of weapons in any given week.

Kinda sad that I am somewhat looking forward to getting home from a week working away tomorrow and grinding out the material/ability part of an exotic sword. Though that's mostly due to it taking zero effort and being done on my comfy couch.

So is TLW not what it once was? Because everyone talks about it as this god weapon but I have one and I don't get the point...the range is so short, and the damage drop off so severe, that I have to be in shotgun instadeath range to take someone out. On half the maps it seems unusable. Eyasluna seems vastly superior, I get taken out by those on the regular.

I suck in general though.

stay gold

So is TLW not what it once was? Because everyone talks about it as this god weapon but I have one and I don't get the point...the range is so short, and the damage drop off so severe, that I have to be in shotgun instadeath range to take someone out. On half the maps it seems unusable. Eyasluna seems vastly superior, I get taken out by those on the regular.

It's not what it was but it's still the best close range primary, when you get into mid range it becomes a bit of an rng gun tbh. The hip fire is busted now so it's important to always ads and tap fire, don't hold the trigger.

Toddler

Almost forgot, you can add TTK border to my name in The Hall of Guardian Lords

coxPmLN.jpg

E92 M3

I'd kill to go back to the era of Thorn and blink Shotgunning.

Annoying as those two were, the current state of the Crucible is even more infuriating to me. It's Snipers: The Game. I'm so sick of everyone just sitting back watching every doorway on the map with their dumb low-skill no-sway sniper rifles.

I want snipers to be majorly overhauled for Destiny 2 PvP.

Hahahah

Kal_El

Took me till the end of the Rift match to realize we were facing gaffers.

GGs, Clark_Kent.

That Kaos guy on your team was pissing us off though. :p

We actually just found him randomly while having some crucible fun. He's our new trials ringer. He does 1 v 3 trials matches for fun. He's ridiculous.

Not sure it will help the thread but with the Felwinters widget I've just realised that sunsinger ramlocks can have double Viking nades double flame shield melee...plus Thorn!

B U R N Z F O R D A Y Z

Am I doing it right?

Waldini

Not sure it will help the thread but with the Felwinters widget I've just realised that sunsinger ramlocks can have double Viking nades double flame shield melee...plus Thorn!

B U R N Z F O R D A Y Z

Am I doing it right?

New Water-class confirmed. I'll extinguish your flame :D I'll Titan-hose you up!

If anything .. Thorn Y3 will be a mediocre weapon to use. Like every other Exotic.

Did you guys also read that we'll finally get the TTK Exotic Warlock boots?

Is there some weird thing where drops are tied to class? As a hunter I was always struggling to upgrade my gear, I never had enough armour materials. But as a warlock I'm constantly drowning in them.

Waldini

Is there some weird thing where drops are tied to class? As a hunter I was always struggling to upgrade my gear, I never had enough armour materials. But as a warlock I'm constantly drowning in them.

Somehow, I can relate to this.

My Warlock is 334 ... I still see green-engrams drop :eek:

I have played Destiny for 100's of hours since day one and yet I have never completed a Nightfall of Raid, as I have no Destiny friends. Please help!

JHall

The Last Word is a shell of its' former glory. The HoW Last Word was a gorgeous weapon capable of delivering swift justice to your enemies both at range and close distance.

Trakan

Aside from the lag issues(which isn't only a year 2 problem) I fail to see how it's disappointing? I've personally never used such a wide variety of weapons in any given week.

Y2 weapons feel terrible in comparison to Y1. Before TTK they nerfed literally everything that made weapons fun to use. Barrel options on all guns, perks, and stats in general. Guns behave drastically different as a result.

Waldini

Lets sum up PvP ...
Please excuse me if I forget something;

- SUROS Regime
- TLW
- Hawkmoon
- Thorn
- Shadow Price
- The Devil You Know
- The Messenger (ToO Pulse Rifle)
- The Myhtoclast
- <insert weapon here, because I'm sure I'm forgetting alot>

... feel free to add more to the Y1 PVP weaponry list.

Year 1 PvP was great. You had a shitload of weapons that were actually useable. Sure, the Thorn, TLW, Hawkmoon (never experienced it Y1 ... XBOX One) were a pain in the ass but you actually had a truck load of other weapons that were great also. You actually had some sort of ability to counter other weapons.

As for PvP Y2;

- Pulse Rifles
- MIDA/SUROS DIS

... and that's about it. There's not a single autorifle, handcannon, scoutrifle that can compete (at all ranges) with a MIDA, PDX, or Hawksaw. PvP Y2 is ... boring? Is that the right word? Sure, you might encounter a wild TLW user or an FC user but from a distance (doesn't really matter sometimes) you'll drop him fast.

Y2 PvP was ruined thanks to 2 weapon balan... balan... *sneezes* Sorry. I mean, nerfs. The

Pilgor

Two questions:

First, I have the quest for the exotic swords and I'm on the last step. I don't have any friends above 300LL, so would anyone be willing to help me kill Darkblade tonight?

Second, do vendor weapons re-roll weekly? I want to get Hung Jury with Firefly, will the vendor ever sell this again?

Thanks!

Two questions:

First, I have the quest for the exotic swords and I'm on the last step. I don't have any friends above 300LL, so would anyone be willing to help me kill Darkblade tonight?

Second, do vendor weapons re-roll weekly? I want to get Hung Jury with Firefly, will the vendor ever sell this again?

Thanks!
Vendor weapons don't reroll weekly, they are static until Bugnie decides to change them.

Also, if you can't find anyone for the sword, the strike does have matchmaking, although it can be difficult to work with randoms who need a different sword than you.

FuzzyAssassin

Neo Member
I have the quest for the exotic swords and I'm on the last step. I don't have any friends above 300LL, so would anyone be willing to help me kill Darkblade tonight?

Thanks!

I'm just getting back into Destiny and need to do that also. I'm down to help. I'm in Pacific time and able to run it any time after 7PM tonight. My warlock's 309LL.

Lets sum up PvP ...

- SUROS Regime
- TLW
- Hawkmoon
- Thorn
- Shadow Price
- The Devil You Know
- The Myhtoclast

You do know that none of those were viable at the same time right, except for the exoctic hand cannons. Mythoclast was viable for only a few weeks. Devil You Know & Shadow Price were fun but never the top-tier meta. There was no reason to use them over the exotic hand cannons.

As for PvP Y2;

- Pulse Rifles
- MIDA/SUROS DIS

... and that's about it. There's not a single autorifle, handcannon, scoutrifle that can compete (at all ranges) with a MIDA, PDX, or Hawksaw. PvP Y2 is ... boring? Is that the right word? Sure, you might encounter a wild TLW user or an FC user but from a distance (doesn't really matter sometimes) you'll drop him fast.

Y2 PvP was ruined thanks to 2 weapon balan... balan... *sneezes* Sorry. I mean, nerfs. The

I'm not sure how much Year 2 you've actually played. Doctrine of Passing is an autorifle and was legit top-tier, able to unseat TLW even. Hand Cannons have made a major comeback since April, with Eyasluna and Finnela's Peril being popular and strong choices. Even Universal Remote is a top-tier choice, which anyone in Year 1 would laugh their ass off at.

Trials of Osiris' Top Guns for July
1) Hand Cannon
2) Scout Rifle
3) Pulse Rifle
4) Auto Rifle
5) Universal Remote

That's literally every weapon class. You know what's not on that list? PDX & Hawksaw. MIDA is #2, but guess what, the last week of July it dropped to #5.

So many guns are viable now. And 6s has even more guns that pop-up, like Answering Chord, Colovalence's Duty, Bad Juju, No Land Beyond, etc.

Year 2 is definitely slower than Year 1, and I get a lot of people don't like that. But year 2 being less diverse than Year 1 is plainly untrue.

(also, your statement that all guns should be viable at all distances is not how the Destiny sandbox has ever worked.)

shermas

I have played Destiny for 100's of hours since day one and yet I have never completed a Nightfall of Raid, as I have no Destiny friends. Please help!

PS4 or xbone? You can always find people on the companion app, too. Raids can be a little spotty, but it's really easy to find a NF team.

todd360

Wait why is Breezy buying Rise of Iron when he hates Destiny so much? Did I miss a bunch of mea culpas?

He doesn't even play bro. He doesn't understand the current meta. Lol chill out guys. Who cares about the current meta? Its all going to change again once the new expansion hits.

spyder_ur

Lets sum up PvP ...

- SUROS Regime
- TLW
- Hawkmoon
- Thorn
- Shadow Price
- The Devil You Know
- The Myhtoclast

Year 1 PvP was great. You had a shitload of weapons that were actually useable. Sure, the Thorn, TLW, Hawkmoon (never experienced it Y1 ... XBOX One) were a pain in the ass but you actually had a truck load of other weapons that were great also. You actually had some sort of ability to counter other weapons.

As for PvP Y2;

- Pulse Rifles
- MIDA/SUROS DIS

I mean you left out a ton of guns that were very popular (at least at times) in year 2. Notably Doctrine and even guns you included in year 1.

Honestly, I guess I'm not as down on PvP as the rest of you. During year 1 everyone was complaining about weapon variety, and personally I see a ton more of it during IB and Trials than when literally everyone was using an exotic HC. I mean there are serious discussions about freaking Universal Remote being too good. That's kind of cool in a way.

It baffles my mind that people are longing for the days of Thorn - serious rose (
get it?
tinted glasses in my view.

My only issue is with snipers. March 2nd was the last time an enemy sniper bullet missed my head. But I'm not 100% sure it's a gun issue as much as people are just really good and know exactly where any head is going on any map. I just missed the days where you could flinch them a bit.

Thorn was dumb because it was probably the best overall hand cannon/primary in the game AND it had DoT AND it fucked up your screen. I think it's dumb to bring it back, but I'm not that worried about it because I don't think it'll return in all it's glory.

Personally, I'd be way more pumped to hear about new weapons than bringing old ones back. I agree with alot of you hear that feeling of an awesome gun that might have been slightly too good is missed.

Somehow, I can relate to this.

My Warlock is 334 ... I still see green-engrams drop :eek:

Maybe green engrams are tied to whether or not you've finished story missions?

My titan has every quest complete and never gets green drops. My other two guardians get them all the time and I never fucked with story missions on those guys.

Top Bottom