• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

What do you mean by "Start a list" ?

Xbox One (for the record...)

thanks again.
For example

NOT A REAL LIST

Kings Fall Raid - Hard Mode - 3pm EST - XBONE

1 - Chuck the Bean
2 - Chuck the Bean - friend
3 -

NOT A REAL LIST

Though it might be a bit harder since most people are PSN. But given a couple days heads up you can find people.

For example

NOT A REAL LIST

Kings Fall Raid - Hard Mode - 3pm EST - XBONE

1 - Chuck the Bean
2 - Chuck the Bean - friend
3 -

NOT A REAL LIST

Though it might be a bit harder since most people are PSN. But given a couple days heads up you can find people.

Thank you too. But wouldn't it be easier for Bungie to implement matchmaking? seems like a weird decision...

I see... Thanks guys!

On Xbox you’ll probably want to plan your activities a day or 2 in advance for the best chances to get a full squad; once ROI hits it will become a lot more active and we may be able to line up activities the same day but for now, it’s do-able but takes a bit more work. Feel free to add me and I will help out when available, GT: ThingontheFloor

Thank you too. But wouldn't it be easier for Bungie to implement matchmaking? seems like a weird decision...

There is matchmaking for strikes but once you run a raid or 2 you’ll likely quickly realize why matchmaking isn’t an obvious choice. It would help those without a strong friends list to help out but the overall quality of the raid would be affected by those without mics, trolls, people dropping early; it would likely be a very frustrating experience for your first time. I could see them implementing a system where you are able to matchmake after first completing it a few times to work out the kinks with people you know and trust and won’t drive you crazy dealing with.

Dave_6

Just wanted to post one last time in Doc's last thread. I'm going to try and be a little kinder, and a bit more patient like our good friend. I'm thankful for all of you that contribute here, and for the bonds of friendship we've been able to form through what was just supposed to be some dumb video game.

Be good to one another. See you in #42. It's going to be special.

Great post LT, my sentiments exactly.

Just use "Embrace the Not-Knowing."

This

I plan to be a part of the first DestinyGAF "Wrath of the Machine" group on Xbox.

Really looking forward to my first 'day one' raid!

Is there a team set up? I'm taking Tuesday off for RoI. Considered taking Friday off for WoTM but I don't have a team set up.
Not that I know of, but when there is, count me in! I'm off Wednesday/Thursday/Friday :)

Lee

I plan to be a part of the first DestinyGAF "Wrath of the Machine" group on Xbox.

Is there a team set up? I'm taking Tuesday off for RoI. Considered taking Friday off for WoTM but I don't have a team set up.

You can solo it

Turns out the answer is a resounding yep. Bad Juju + Susanoo cooked all those dudes pretty bad. Susanoo in particular stitched the zealot & his yellow bar friends up like they were random junk from the first mission.

6 more fragments to go...I think it's court of Oryx time.

Just wanted to post one last time in Doc's last thread. I'm going to try and be a little kinder, and a bit more patient like our good friend. I'm thankful for all of you that contribute here, and for the bonds of friendship we've been able to form through what was just supposed to be some dumb video game.

Good words, LT.

Not that I know of, but when there is, count me in! I've got Wednesday/Thursday/Friday off :)

Same. I've missed out on all the others; I will be there for this one.

Hey guys, I'm trying to clean up my left-over exotic stuff, and I can't seem to get the other two exotic sword quests to trigger on my hunter, after completing Dark Drinker ages ago. Today I transferred over one of the other swords at 277, and infused it to 335. Nothing happened.

Am I missing something?

Did you talk to Shaxx?

Anyone know what the T3 Court boss is this week? I need Kagoor for my last CoO fragment, then just Warpriest CM and Golgoroth CM for the last of them. Also need to run a PoE Sigil for the last two things for my Moments of Triumph. Should start the Hunger Pangs quest also lol

It's Balwur this week. Kagoor next week.

ocean

Banned
Hey guys, I'm trying to clean up my left-over exotic stuff, and I can't seem to get the other two exotic sword quests to trigger on my hunter, after completing Dark Drinker ages ago. Today I transferred over one of the other swords at 277, and infused it to 335. Nothing happened.

Am I missing something?

After infusing, upgrade all the slots and talk to Shaxx (even if there isn't a green marker over his head, he should have the updated quest for you).

Rehsa

Turns out the answer is a resounding yep. Bad Juju + Susanoo cooked all those dudes pretty bad. Susanoo in particular stitched the zealot & his yellow bar friends up like they were random junk from the first mission.

6 more fragments to go...I think it's court of Oryx time.

Nice! Yeah you have 4 weeks left and the T3 rotates weekly so enough time to get runes and charge them if you haven't got any.

It's Balwur this week. Kagoor next week.
Yep, just gotta wait until next week. If I can get Warpriest CM this week then Golgoroth and Kagoor next week all 50 will be got :)

Edit and next week is the last week for Golgy too right?

V1ctIm

Neo Member

That's the perfect sentiment. We can all strive to be better to one another. He would love to see that sort of positive result from such a sad event. I really think you guys are amazing and Destiny/DestinyGaf have been the best gaming experience of my life.

Nice! Yeah you have 4 weeks left and the T3 rotates weekly so enough time to get runes and charge them if you haven't got any.

Balwur's a jerk, but somehow I made it through right away with a couple of randoms and got the fragment.

I actually tried to do the Skyburner one...but I'm not sure if I made a mistake, or if there's an element of randomness to it. When I presented the deployment codes, Cayde sent me back to the point where you spawn on the Dreadnaught, then said we'd lost their signal, try again. So now I need to find a Skyburners command beacon again : /

Frostburn

See you guys in 42, going to be nice seeing so many familiar faces back in the game with RoI coming out! Looking forward to playing through all the new content with DestinyGAF!

Balwur's a jerk, but somehow I made it through right away with a couple of randoms and got the fragment.

I actually tried to do the Skyburner one...but I'm not sure if I made a mistake, or if there's an element of randomness to it. When I presented the deployment codes, Cayde sent me back to the point where you spawn on the Dreadnaught, then said we'd lost their signal, try again. So now I need to find a Skyburners command beacon again : /

I *think* you do all of the sky burners stuff in one go while you're there...but I could be mistaken. Search the destiny reddit and you'll find a step by step guide.

Rehsa

I *think* you do all of the sky burners stuff in one go while you're there...but I could be mistaken. Search the destiny reddit and you'll find a step by step guide.

That suuuucks, yeah it is a timed event.
https://www.vg247.com/2015/09/16/destiny-the-taken-king-how-to-open-skyburners-security-door-chest/

Edit: 3 posts away from 20000 :(

Hippo_PRIME said:
Xbone raid group for Thursday at 8pm MDT. A couple more spots are open. Let me know if you sign up and can't make it and we'll find alternates. The plan right now is normal King's Fall, maybe bumped to heroic based on experience.

1. Hippo_PRIME
2. Triplike
3. ich00
4. Oblivionmancer

Reposting before the new thread. 5 and 6 are still open, looking forward to raiding with DGaf for the first time!

If I can get Warpriest CM this week then Golgoroth and Kagoor next week all 50 will be got :)

Edit and next week is the last week for Golgy too right?

I have WP checkpoint if anyone needs it for the challenge, happy to help as well.

Yes, next week is last opportunity to get Golgi CM done.

Really depends on your team and how much experience they have. If they're carrying you, not that long. If the entire team is noobs, then probably much longer. VoG or KF may take you a few hours to complete.

Post 20,000 hype!

what if i get carried by destinygaf for example? not a noob at the game but never ran a raid

Lee

what if i get carried by destinygaf for example? not a noob at the game but never ran a raid

DGAF isn't really about carries, to be honest. With a good team, or 5/6 of a team having experience and you being able to hold your own, CE only takes 25 minutes, VoG maybe 40, and KF heroic an hour.

DGAF isn't really about carries, to be honest. With a good team, or 5/6 of a team having experience and you being able to hold your own, CE only takes 25 minutes, VoG maybe 40, and KF heroic an hour.

i thought it was supposed to take hours lol. at 25 min ill sign up. im not gonna require carrying lol meant more as in dont know the ropes behind a raid and will need guiding

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just in case anyone asks, we aren't shutting down this OT quite yet even though we're hitting 20,000. Ghaleon mentioned that it was okay to leave it open a little longer while we set everything up for the new one.

My plan is to post the new one on Friday, and I PMed Ghal to double-check that was okay. If anything changes in that regard I'll keep you guys posted.

NastyBook

Challenge of Elders

Does anybody want to run this with me tonight? Experience or none, it matters not. It's the last thing I need for my Y2 Triumphs.

Challenge of Elders

Does anybody want to run this with me tonight? Experience or none, it matters not. It's the last thing I need for my Y2 Triumphs.

I was planning on running a sigil tonight, so if you're on it'd be nice to have a second. Perhaps we could get a third, too. I'll be on around 7pm pacific.

PSN: GustyGardens

phen0m24

Tomorrow from 11 to 1 I'll be thinking of you all. I know we've never met, but you're my friends. I am thankful for you guys.

DGAF is Drizz-GAF

Just in case anyone asks, we aren't shutting down this OT quite yet even though we're hitting 20,000. Ghaleon mentioned that it was okay to leave it open a little longer while we set everything up for the new one.

My plan is to post the new one on Friday, and I PMed Ghal to double-check that was okay. If anything changes in that regard I'll keep you guys posted.
Thanks Hawkian, and to everyone else that is contributing. I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow from 11 to 1 I'll be thinking of you all. I know we've never met, but you're my friends. I am thankful for you guys.

DGAF is Drizz-GAF
Is anyone from GAF going to the service? It was interesting to see his photo on the obit. He looks just as friendly as he sounded.

Rehsa

I have WP checkpoint if anyone needs it for the challenge, happy to help as well.

Yes, next week is last opportunity to get Golgi CM done.
Yeah that would be great, though you will probably be asleep by the time I get on ;p
Challenge of Elders

When are you looking to run, also need to do this for MoT

DGAF is Drizz-GAF
Same Colonel :)

shingi70

Banned
Any Xbox Players want to help do the Touch of Malice strike later tonight or this week.

Also man, gogoloth Challenge is the only fragment I need and I'm done.

Top Bottom