• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of wasted effort on hard. We have 2 people go in to left portal first and go to the back right of the room and icebreak the gatekeeper until hes nearly dead then someome speedily runs along the right side while the one that stayed kills the keeper and runs out. First dude grabs the shield and exits. Same 2 go into right venusy portal and use shield super and rockets to kill everything in 10 seconds and get the second shield in less time than opening 3 different portals

Yep, if the game doesn't lag or glitch, this is the best and fastest way.

Doable on hard with just 5 players btw (we've done it) :)

dengatron

Sure this can work, but what you suggested above would work better for people more familiar with all the encounters.

What I suggested is something I would use more for people who've never done the raid before. It's more of a slow and steady, take your time approach. Plus, it prevents having to deter someone from having to worry about job reassignment halfway through.
Possibly but i also mentioned that was for hard and normal almost any method works. First timers arent usually just jumping straight in to hard

Bizazedo

Sure this can work, but what you suggested above would work better for people more familiar with all the encounters.

What I suggested is something I would use more for people who've never done the raid before. It's more of a slow and steady, take your time approach. Plus, it prevents having to deter someone from having to worry about job reassignment halfway through.

Your method also has the benefit of relying less on gear like Gjallahorns and Icebreakers.

Dante316

A lot of wasted effort on hard. We have 2 people go in to left portal first and go to the back right of the room and icebreak the gatekeeper until hes nearly dead then someome speedily runs along the right side while the one that stayed kills the keeper and runs out. First dude grabs the shield and exits. Same 2 go into right venusy portal and use shield super and rockets to kill everything in 10 seconds and get the second shield in less time than opening 3 different portals
This method works out faster. You just have to have speed and strong dmg, gatekeepers go out fast
Yep, this is my preferred method.

For sure. Seems im on a ghallahorn love tirade in this thread but it ripped everything apart.

Steroyd

Same here in UK, PSN also appears to be playing up as I can't see who's online.

Was going to bitch about this, said my PS+ was required to do crucible.

Seriously, Sony need to sort this shit out, never had a problem with PSN throughout the whole PS3 gen* when it was free, and I played always online games like Warhawk ffs.

*except that one time.

Frenden

Banned
Quickest way to power level an alt? And if anyone else is starting anew and wants to clear the story, PM me, and we can run that dreck together.

breakfuss

I don't suppose my Raid crew tonight will be willing to change their clan tags so I can get the clan trophy? Most likely not.

Dude, I have been trying to go for this trophy for the last 3 days. I would definitely be down for that.

I've nearly got my Voidwalker maxed, but I still think Hunter is more fun to play.
giphy.gif

broony

Looking to try my first raid on normal. PSN Megabroon. Will be ready in about 15 minutes time. Anyone fancy it? Anyone need another player?

Lvl 28 warlock.

Steroyd

Quickest way to power level an alt? And if anyone else is starting anew and wants to clear the story, PM me, and we can run that dreck together.

Play the neccesary missions to unlock shit efficiently (I.e the big mission icons), always aim for heroic difficulty level by playing PvP until you're up to that level (also bounties).

Levelled my Hunter to 15 when I started yesterday, Warlock is currently 10 and looks like it's staying there till the goddamn servers come back.

Oh and the full set of bounties are available when you hit level 12.

Looks like it's a Bungie issue because my PSN info/updates/etc is loading. Can't log into Destiny. How DARE you take away my lunch break like this. I could be eating.

zlatko

Banned
I have every trophy for this game now except the raid without dying. Feelsgodman.jpg.

I got the Vex Mythoclast, the ship, and the hard raid mode helmet for my Warlock.

I have the hard raid final boss checkpoint, and normal check point on other characters available to me to take advantage of cheesing Atheon with folks later tonight.

It's almost essential to have a Warlock sunsinger wearing a voidfang vestaments body piece so that you can keep spawning with grenades to rock n' roll.

I'll post tonight if I attempt to gather more 27+ sunsingers who want a free completion of hard/normal raid. I just need to first level my Titan from 26-27 to give it the checkpoint as well. I have 26.5 and two legenadry pieces with no levels so that should flip it to 27 pretty quick through some bounties and patrol.

------------

I have so much gear at this point it's ridiculous. I would imagine I'm 1 or 2 weeks away from multiple level 30 characters. Sort of sad. I was hoping the game would last on its PvE content till December, but oh well. PvP until first expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom