• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Replying for sub.

I see the title got botched.
FailFish.png

What should it be? Up to and including a different one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So after I've exhausted the daily bounties, what's the fastest way to get EXP for weapons?
Complete any activities with a +XP bonus with those weapons equipped. Daily 28 Story/Weekly 28 Strike/Nightfall, Crucible highlighted gametype.

Technically the real answer here is "do all of the able with Weapon Telemetry." Haven't really played around with them yet, but keep your coins a-jingling when Xur comes tomorrow if you're interested.

I want a third sub-class more than anything. Gun are great but the real fun is unlocking class upgrades and mixing and matching sub-class upgrades with weapons and armor.

Zakalwe

Banned
it might take a while for the masses to start using the other weapons. it's been over a month of people using the AR/Shotgun combo, they're comfortable to use even after a nerf.

Why would they need to switch though. ARs and shotguns still get the same overall results.

Alexalder

Banned
Agreed. ARs and shotguns are still awesome to use, Suros and Invective too stronk.
No obfense, but i think you guys are just bad. I started my alt level 2 titan and i wrecked every single suros guy with the first rifle in the game and k/d > 1. I honestly think that being a loot game these gubs must be much stronger, i shouldn't even get a kill. Not to talk about that ridiculous Iron Banner thing, straight up lying from Bungie about level differencies.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm levelling up my LV5 Warlock.

Holy cow, the Voidwalker abilities make this class SO FUN to use. Bye bye Titan.
I'm doing the opposite... LV8 Titan... missing a lot the grenades from Voidwalker and I couldn't get used to the small melee range yet (I miss the enemies a lot of times).

The SUPER is fun... I like to make big jumps and use it... even so the Nova Bomb range is just crazy compared with the Titan SUPER range.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm doing the opposite... LV8 Titan... missing a lot the grenades from Voidwalker and I couldn't get used to the small melee range yet (I miss the enemies a lot of times).

Magnetic grenade is the one.

Sit in shield. Watch someone stand outside. Pop out and stick. Jump back in and watch them panic then die.

Also it has a slight tracking effect to it. Almost a guaranteed kill every time it charges.

Titan4lyfe.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I want a third sub-class more than anything. Gun are great but the real fun is unlocking class upgrades and mixing and matching sub-class upgrades with weapons and armor.
Yeah this would make the DLC an instant buy for me. fill the hunter Void bungie!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Sit in shield. Watch someone stand outside. Pop out and stick. Jump back in an search them die.

Also it has a slight tracking effect to it. Almost a guaranteed kill every time it charges.

Titan4lyfe.

Yep, I love when people stand outside my shield. Have a grenade, then.

No obfense, but i think you guys are just bad. I started my alt level 2 titan and i wrecked every single suros guy with the first rifle in the game and k/d > 1. I honestly think that being a loot game these gubs must be much stronger, i shouldn't even get a kill. Not to talk about that ridiculous Iron Banner thing, straight up lying from Bungie about level differencies.

I meant as in Suros and Invective are still really good because I'm using them, not because I'm getting killed by them. Those are my go-to guns.

Dear Bungie,

Please patch Atheon so that I can actually find a hard raid group on DestinyLFG without wading through the ubiquitous "need2cheese" posts.

Sincerely,
I bought the game to actually play it

Why would they need to switch though. ARs and shotguns still get the same overall results.

the weapons were nerfed, not killed.

plus, you wont notice a change if you go into a room of all ARs and Shotguns. I would give it time to see if players migrate to the other weapons now and start finding them viable.

ethomaz

Banned

Sit in shield. Watch someone stand outside. Pop out and stick. Jump back in and watch them panic then die.

Titan4lyfe.
I just reach the first two grenades... useless so far... well the blind one is cool but I don't use it so much and the other is weird because didn't kill the enemies (or I don't know how to use).

Biggest complain is melee... Voidwalker is close to one hit kill at mid range (Sunsinger is one hit kill in Crucible).

Dear Bungie,

Please patch Atheon so that I can actually find a hard raid group on DestinyLFG without wading through the ubiquitous "need2cheese" posts.

Sincerely,
Wow so hardcore!
Lol

In all seriousness. Atheon can be taken down in 2-3 portal runs. People don't really need to cheese him.

bargeparty

it might take a while for the masses to start using the other weapons. it's been over a month of people using the AR/Shotgun combo, they're comfortable to use even after a nerf.

No it doesnt seem the nerf really affected range, stability or dmg. Still getting rocked at a distance by blue AR's.

All the patch did was break the guns for pve. Epilogue is useless now.

Alexalder

Banned
I meant as in Suros and Invective are still really good because I'm using them, not because I'm getting killed by them. Those are my go-to guns.
I haven't found them yet but my rare Shingen-E with mods wrecks everyone and level 1 weapons put up a fight, i think this should not happen

ethomaz

Banned
Dear Bungie,

Sincerely,
I can do Hard Raid without cheese with you want a help ;)

Ramirez

Expecting subclasses in the DLC is setting yourself up, IMO.

The game already feels like it was rushed, there's no way they could get 3 more classes out by December.

I did quite a bit of PVP last night, and I still wouldn't pick Confluence over a HC/Suros against good people. Pretty disappointing.

Blade Dancers with Blink+extra slide are really frustrating, it's like the net code can't keep up with how fast they can move.

Zakalwe

Banned

plus, you wont notice a change if you go into a room of all ARs and Shotguns. I would give it time to see if players migrate to the other weapons now and start finding them viable.

The other weapons might be easier to use now, but there's still no reason to switch if you're a dedicated AR/shotgun user.

I doubt most people will even bother to look elsewhere.

breakfuss

What? I'm always using Epilogue. Haven't noticed a single difference.

Epilogue is a beast as a void weapon. Especially if there's a void burn modifier on (made this week's nightfall incredibly easy). Seems useless otherwise. Not sure if the nerf is responsible. Pretty disappointing.

ethomaz

Banned
Expecting subclasses in the DLC is setting yourself up, IMO.

The game already feels like it was rushed, there's no way they could get 3 more classes out by December.

I did quite a bit of PVP last night, and I still wouldn't pick Confluence over a HC/Suros against good people. Pretty disappointing.

Blade Dancers with Blink+extra slide are really frustrating, it's like the net code can't keep up with how fast they can move.
The leaks shows three new sub-classes.

Bizazedo

Titan4lyfe.
Several times I've thrown the magnetic grenade and watched it pass through someone, land behind them, and explode.

I expected the grenade to kill them, given the throw was accurate on my screen. Thus, they chased me and killed me.

Yay Bungie servers.

I was in a few rooms last night that were flooded with Handcannons. It was definitely a new experience.

I just reach the first two grenades... useless so far... well the blind one is cool but I don't use it so much and the other is weird because didn't kill the enemies (or I don't know how to use).

Biggest complain is melee... Voidwalker is close to one hit kill at mid range (Sunsinger is one hit kill in Crucible).
Sounds like you're in Striker. Defender has the sticky grenade. Titans aren't like Hunters with awesome options all in one tree :).

And yes, it was bizarre. It feels like Titan has the worst melee despite being the alleged up close and personal bruiser type.

Zakalwe

Banned

Is the overshield Titan Melee gives on kill you any stronger than the Warlock one on hit?

The Striker's lightning grenade is very good if you extended its dot effect. Persists after death and can lock down an area.

Defender magnetic grenade (as described above) and suppression grenade (shut off supers) are great, too.

Never tried the flash grenade in pvp. Can anyone give an opinion on it?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I feel like the discussion in this game goes in circles. A level 2 guy with any gun can easily kill a Suros user. Suros doesn't give the user some magical powers. This has been the case since the game was released. That said, some guns are better than others, but no gun gives some mythical "kill everyone!!!" ability.

I've had an entire titan armor set drop for me through engrams. Legendary arms, chest and legs. Also bumped into a titan exotic helmet. The thing is I really really don't wanna be a titan at all. I miss playing as warlock from beta. I just don't feel like scrambling for legendary gear. Guess the crucible it is lol.

Can someone help me out really quick? I'm trying to figure out how to upload a video from my PS4.

I went into my capture gallery and grabbed a video and hit share, it looked like it was going to upload to facebook, so I hit finish or upload, whatever it was. I'm assuming I was done because I went back to the video selection screen.

Anyway, am I missing a step, because I can't find my video on facebook anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom