• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the info. The Pocket Infinity is still great imo. 8 rounds in PvP was a bit of a hassle anyway so I stopped using it before the patch. One round can kill at decent range, 3+ in 2 secs can kill or clear out a room.
Accurate. The money is in Perfect Balance and using the shots wisely/knowing when the full 3-blast is necessary.

It also has higher impact than Plan C to begin with and comparable range and hipfire ability. Plan C charges faster and its special ability is very cool to play with. Arc vs. Solar anyway. They really don't much overlap, but are wonderful guns.

edit: The PSN shit is legitimately infuriating.

Has anyone else had problems with fireteam chat in game? since the last hotfix randomly one or more people in my fireteam are muted and I can't hear them at all. PSN party fixes it but its super annoying.

cjp

The Clan trophy yes.

The no death trophy you need to shit one time and beat the the Raid... can't use checkpoint.

I guess you don't get the no death trophy if some one dies on the jumping bit right? Or no death during actual fights only?

And it's down for me too.

Wondering because normal and hard raid trophies are achievable by just beating Atheon without doing the rest of the raid.

So does that mean if someone gets the Atheon checkpoint, gets a new fireteam and cheeses him with no one dying, they get the flawless raider trophy?

LiK

Sent request. Any idea when we attempt this?

I have a date with figs and whoever she wants to bring in tonight.

Afro made one called Raid GAF: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/390826

Is that one any different? I think it's purpose was to make raiding easier for GAF members as well but Bungie doesn't really give you the tools to do that.

like I said, it's full. it only allows 100 members to set the tag at the same time so there's no point.

ethomaz

Banned
I guess you don't get the no death trophy if some one dies on the jumping bit right? Or no death during actual fights only?

And it's down for me too.
Any death from what I know... everybody that did it restarted after any death.... so I can't prove.

I guess you can left the session in the gorgon and jump parts and back later... that way you need one only guy playing these parts.... at least this is a trick to the Gorgon part (not sure because I didn't tried).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Has anyone else had problems with fireteam chat in game? since the last hotfix randomly one or more people in my fireteam are muted and I can't hear them at all. PSN party fixes it but its super annoying.
I've had this issue since launch. fireteam chat also doesn't allow you to adjust the audio mix (volume levels for game vs. voice) so I just use PSN parties pretty much exclusively.

Nebula

I've had this issue since launch. fireteam chat also doesn't allow you to adjust the audio mix (volume levels for game vs. voice) so I just use PSN parties pretty much exclusively.

Typical Bungie. They have something against people being able to adjust sounds within the game.

cjp

Any death from what I know... everybody that did it restarted after any death.... so I can't prove.

I guess you can left the session in the gorgon and jump parts and back later... that way you need one only guy playing these parts.

No deaths at all.

Oh boy, I can only imagine the shame if I was in a group going for that trophy and I mistimed a jump or slipped.

So if someone dies, do you have to completely restart the raid? Or is it ok if you quit into orbit and go back in?

Yep, back from the start.

The only reasons why anyone would die on normal raid are careless play, glitches or if the server kicks you out. There are more chances of dying during Gorgon/platforming part than the boss fights.

ethomaz

Banned
Goddamn... That is some bullshit
You guys loves cheeses :D

It is like doing Limbo no die trophy... just it is 6 guys instead one.

PS. I beat the normal Raid yesterday without die... just playing normal to help friends... just be sure to be high level and don't make mistakes on jump.

arimanius

For someone I keep going back to play my Titan even tho I do nothing but complain about it compared to the other classes. I even have a 24 hunter and warlock. I think I have a problem.

I can't login, it says "You have lost connection to Destiny servers. Your permissions to access online multiplayer gameplay may have changed or your profile may have been signed elsewhere".

I've rebooted my console and restored my licences but it still won't work, what's wrong?

LiK

i'm not down for no deaths. if we get it then good, but if we die cuz of the Gorgons, I don't want to restart.

broony

I can't login, it says "You have lost connection to Destiny servers. Your permissions to access online multiplayer gameplay may have changed or your profile may have been signed elsewhere".

I've rebooted my console and restored my licences but it still won't work, what's wrong?
PSN is fucked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

A5gxqKL.png

this is embarrassing. this is a premium subscription service now. we're not talking about agreeing or disagreeing with decisions made about gameplay or DLC or publisher restrictions here, this is basic, mid-90s era friends list, grouping and messaging functionality. Has there even been a single statement from Sony about all this?

can't even log into my PS4 via remote play which I didn't even realize was reliant on PSN itself... :/

Namikaze1

That's one thing I love about that trophy, people would actually have to play. Can't cheese oracles. You can still hide in the Spirit Bloom chest cave but no starting platform cheese for that phase. You can do it for Templar but you have to be extra careful jumping back to the starting platform.

this is embarrassing. this is a premium subscription service now. we're not talking about agreeing or disagreeing with decisions made about gameplay or DLC or publisher restrictions here, this is basic, mid-90s era friends list, grouping and messaging functionality. Has there even been a single statement from Sony about all this?

can't even log into my PS4 via remote play which I didn't even realize was reliant on PSN itself... :/
Yeah it's really getting on my nerves how slow PSN has been.

zlatko

Banned
Wow, I've been pretty neutral with my opinion about the PSN so far but this is getting ridiculous!

I agree. I'm not a big MSoft enthusiast, but the issues we have here daily with PSN is outrageous in comparison to Live.

However, I don't have a XBone so maybe it too suffers from similar issues.

The giant delay to send invites. The giant delay to receive invites. The giant delays to hear/read message/send messages. I've literally got messages that are days old.

I would gladly give up my free PSN + games each month for functioning PSN period.

realcZk

PSN is a joke and so are their status monitoring tools and customer interaction.

The status page will always read Online even when it's down for maintenance unless they manually update it: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/237

I'd bet money that its a static page and requires manual updates. And there is rarely ANY acknowledgement from Sony when PSN is experiencing issues, on their main website or twitter. There was barely any heads-up when they did the 7 hour maintenance without looking at a World Calendar first to avoid service interruptions during two potential holidays.

XBL has much better monitoring tools and customer awareness notifications: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status . Word on the street is that they even have better service.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I have a date with figs and whoever she wants to bring in tonight.

like I said, it's full. it only allows 100 members to set the tag at the same time so there's no point.

Joined! Thanks LiK!

Hopefully be able to do a hard raid at the weekend. EU friendly times only though...

I wish PSN was working now though. It's so awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom