• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Isn't PvE all on their servers I assume? What about stuff like the raid? Is just one person hosting it?

PvE seems to run on dedicated servers because it's relative lag [issue] free most of the time.

PvP has all signs of low quality P2P lobbying.

Depends exactly how the pvp connectivity works.

All I know for sure is my connection is perfect for everything else I do.

PvP has all signs of P2P lobbies combined with dedicated server that only does matchmaking portion before offloading to P2P host.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad Xur had the Suros again as that's one I was wanting. Used it a little and not sure what I think so far. Definitely better than the Shadow Price--but I've been using The Devil You Know for a couple weeks and think I now prefer hand cannons to auto rifles (I only do PVE).

Especially since I have no legendary secondary weapons--just an Ice Breaker and Pocket Infinity and some rares.

So I'm not sure I'll use it a ton as the Legendary hand cannon/ice breaker combo suits my play style pretty well.

But there are sometimes an auto rifle is better like for Oracles, sections where you get bum rushed by sword vandals etc.

Haha, I agree but I personally think The Last Word requires noticeably more "skill" to use effectively. You need to be able consistently land headshots with the high ROF. It is not like the Suros where it's a recoil-less auto scout rifle and incredibly easy to wield.

I actually fully expect there to be a good amount of people that won't like TLW in PvP and instead would prefer more of the high power HC's like Hawkmoon or Lord High Fixer types.

But once you get the hang of The Last Word -- you should be feared. :)

Others with The Last Word, what do you think? Do you agree with my impressions?
It's an odd weapon to get use to using, last night I was messing around in Pvp with TLW. I manage to have a k/d 2.0 don't know if that's impressive or not but I was trying to get the general feel of the recoil and pattern of the gun. I still have issues aiming at little targets with it and hip firing but it's an awesome fun non the less

hydruxo

Am i missing something or is the Vex Mythoclast not as good? I know they nerfed it but so far the best use i found for it is doing the Overcharge bounty.
It has a low ammo clip and doesn't seem viable for full time use in a strike or mission.

I do not have it fully upgraded so that maybe the problem.

Enhanced battery perk. 21 round clip becomes 56.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's an odd weapon to get use to using, last night I was messing around in Pvp with TLW. I manage to have a k/d 2.0 don't know if that's impressive or not but I was trying to get the general feel of the recoil and pattern of the gun. I still have issues aiming at little targets with it and hip firing but it's an awesome fun non the less
for a player of my skill level, any integer above 1 is impressive, and any weapon you can get that with should be considered A-OK for Crucible glory.
Suros on sale again...and I don't have enough coins. AGAIN.

GOD DAMMIT.
How many are you at? done this week's 28 heroic strike?

Deku Tree

Wow. I just got the Suros today and have been using it. It is really a beast. Feels like a heavy machine gun, with rock solid stability in the primary weapon slot. Only problem I am noticing is that I keep running out of primary ammo. It makes me feel like I don't need any other primary.

LiK

Wow. I just got the Suros today and have been using it. It is really a beast. Feels like a heavy machine gun, with rock solid stability in the primary weapon slot. Only problem I am noticing is that I keep running out of primary ammo.

Are you good at aiming at heads? You should be able to kill two guys with one clip often.

_woLf

for a player of my skill level, any integer above 1 is impressive, and any weapon you can get that with should be considered A-OK for Crucible glory.

How many are you at? done this week's 28 heroic strike?

21, already did heroic. Gonna have to do daily events and daily heroic stories on as many characters as possible over the next two days. I swear I remembered the gun originally costing 26 coins but reddit says 23, so 2 isn't as bad as the 5 I thought I'd need.

Am i missing something or is the Vex Mythoclast not as good? I know they nerfed it but so far the best use i found for it is doing the Overcharge bounty.
It has a low ammo clip and doesn't seem viable for full time use in a strike or mission.

I do not have it fully upgraded so that maybe the problem.

You can select a 57 round magazine when upgraded. I prefer send it perk instead since you really need to stack those headshots to use it in the higher level strikes etc. It's still pretty good, however as it sits right now it's just something I run for fun or to maybe show off a little and bust it out when I'm running strikes with randoms lol.

BadAss2961

Wow. I just got the Suros today and have been using it. It is really a beast. Feels like a heavy machine gun, with rock solid stability in the primary weapon slot. Only problem I am noticing is that I keep running out of primary ammo.
Wait til you level it up. Most enemies stagger at every bullet.
21, already did heroic. Gonna have to do daily events and daily heroic stories on as many characters as possible over the next two days. I swear I remembered the gun originally costing 26 coins but reddit says 23, so 2 isn't as bad as the 5 I thought I'd need.

Vanguard Strikes are a good way to try with all the blue engrams you get.

HighOnPCP

What are the differences in Stats? I didn't even realize they were different. Now I'm wondering if there was a difference in the 2 times the Saint-Helm and the Inmost Light Helm were sold :/. Anybody know??

The one being sold this week has a much higher Discipline stat of 131. Last week's had only 104. That is ALOT.

patchday

Anyone else feel Bungie's map design for Crucible is pretty awful across the board?

To be brief- I think it's silly how the maps have low ceilings. So everyone just gets nuked when some Warlock tosses a Nova (or rockets, etc). If we could just utilize our Double jump/blink/etc we could escape death.

Another thing- CONTROL. Why is the circle so damn small? Just 1 rocket and bam, whole team gone. Or one half-decent bladedancer thats not half-dead can rape everyone in the circle.

Their map designs made sense in Halo cause we couldnt double jump & blink. But now these map designs are the WORST. simply no thought given to our movement capabilities.

I'm starting to get really burned out on Crucible. And yet- I still go. Because using my powers is fun. Although I think these maps almost all are horrible for CONTROL.

Clash and such suffer a little less. Since you are not drawn to the tiny suicide rooms like in CONTROL

ocean

Banned
I went to the Destiny Public Events site and saw a tab for The Tower. It's listing Xur and some other bullshit but for a second I thought there was a Public Event at the tower. Nearly dropped my controller in excitement.

moar

WsW1AWr.jpg

FvEDPJL.jpg

Ab0rGpg.jpg

Wi2JZ5E.jpg

JPsgtMl.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I recommend Tiger Strikes. You only need 2, you have a pretty solid chance of getting them in under an hour from the engrams.
Anyone else feel Bungie's map design for Crucible is pretty awful across the board?

To be brief- I think it's silly how the maps have low ceilings. So everyone just gets nuked when some Warlock tosses a Nova (or rockets, etc). If we could just utilize our Double jump/blink/etc we could escape death.

Another thing- CONTROL. Why is the circle so damn small? Just 1 rocket and bam, whole team gone. Or one half-decent bladedancer thats not half-dead can rape everyone in the circle.

Their map designs made sense in Halo cause we couldnt double jump & blink. But now these map designs are the WORST. simply no thought given to our movement capabilities.

I'm starting to get really burned out on Crucible. And yet- I still go. Because using my powers is fun. Although I think these maps almost all are horrible for CONTROL.

Clash and such suffer a little less. Since you are not drawn to the tiny suicide rooms like in CONTROL
I like more of the map than I dislike, and I legitimately love Shores of Time, Rusted Lands and The Burning Shrine.

However, rather crucially, I have decided I don't like, er, CONTROL. It is a useful introduction mode and good for learning the maps, but it is not at all where Destiny's PvP shines IMO.

I think we might have another good one actually. Should be informative.

My weekly fluffdate predictions:

• Community Spotlight thing I don't care about
  • Possibly a comment about upcoming events that DeeJ is very excited about and we should be too.
  • Aetheon's patch delayed because they're listening to feedback and investigating other exploits. No other details.
  • Assurance that they're listening to feedback everywhere.
  • Tease about bigger balance update coming. Will it excite you? Will it enrage you? DeeJ is editing the update now. Soon(tm)
  • Mail Sack returns with 3 questions that will either be fluff (master race tedium) or misinterpreted.
I like to keep my expectations low for Weekly What'supdates, for both substance and morale. Man, I miss Blizzard's Diablo updates and blue posts. They weren't as common, but they actually said something. There were detailed patch notes with Philosophy comments. Devs in the forums providing detail and responses. And there was huge game guide that broke down all of the mechanics of the game.

patchday

I recommend Tiger Strikes. You only need 2, you have a pretty solid chance of getting them in under an hour from the engrams.

I like more of the map than I dislike, and I legitimately love Shores of Time, Rusted Lands and The Burning Shrine.

However, rather crucially, I have decided I don't like, er, CONTROL. It is a useful introduction mode and good for learning the maps, but it is not at all where Destiny's PvP shines IMO.

Thanks, I will endeavor to spend a lot less time in Control. It sounds like I'll be much happier.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
gat damn look at those. zoba deserves a tag, he even got kotaku'd

Purveyor of the Frabjous perhaps
Thanks, I will endeavor to spend a lot less time in Control. It sounds like I'll be much happier.
Once you know the maps well, in the other modes those "killbox rooms" you speak of in Control will start to look like opportunities for killing lots of people at no risk to yourself :>

Dante316

Its quite amusing how the alts can get exotics so much faster lol. My alt whose lvl 13 only already has no back up plan gauntlets, and the armentairum waiting for him, best part abt having alts, exotics get used. As a collector of exotics, its definitely fun.

Steroyd

To be honest, you whole team shouldn't be on the circle anyway, if some spread out and take out the threat before they get there or the special is used on them miles away then that's not an issue.

Saying that, a blade dancer would still blitz through the whole team regardless. I nailed a whole team who was spread out enough like I just mentioned. :|

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So with this weeks nightfall, what is the best way to get the 200 nightfall kills in the pocket infinity exotic bounty? Thanks!

Well there's the Hellmouth way where they ask you to go, get up to the part where no respawn kicks in

Now, leave back the same area you came
Go to opposite entrance "We've woken the Hive entrance", No w enjoy killing and not worrying about deaths, keeps leaving 2-3 zones inside the Hellmouth, they'll keep respawning, it took me 15 minutes to get 200 Kills, I was using the Purifier VII, ARC Fusion Rifle due to NF Bonus element this week

Shiv47

Is there a consensus on the best use of telemetry consumables? Trying to level up my pocket infinity more quickly and don't want to waste it.

Steroyd

I like most of the maps for control but bastion and last light are the absolute worst.

Last Light is a piece of shit, and I've finally made my peace with it, by strictly going directly from point A to point C through the broken building, I can bring out my shotty, and I don't get sniped, fuck point B, the enemy can have it. ^_^

Deku Tree

Well there's the Hellmouth way where they ask you to go, get up to the part where no respawn kicks in

Now, leave back the same area you came
Go to opposite entrance "We've woken the Hive entrance", No w enjoy killing and not worrying about deaths, keeps leaving 2-3 zones inside the Hellmouth, they'll keep respawning, it took me 15 minutes to get 200 Kills, I was using the Purifier VII, ARC Fusion Rifle due to NF Bonus element this week

Oh wow. I gotta try that later. Thanks Grave!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The Burning Shrine is the De_Dust of Destiny. Too bad it doesn't show up that much.
totally good analogy. at least it occurs frequently enough in Rumble to make me happy <3

I've never played a Salvage match on it but I bet that could be amazing. or horrific, dunno

I dunno, I don't really have a problem with any of the maps on Control. I don't mind the smaller circle either. I don't think the neutralization/capture rate goes any faster with any more than 2 people in it (and if it does, not significantly enough to justify it), so there's little reason for everyone to huddle inside the circle. Your best bet is for the extra people to be manning the entrances/exits if there's a group of people attempting to secure a flag.

is suros that much better than vision of confluence? normally i would be buying suros but i got gjallarhorn last night so i'd rather have that for my exotic weapon slot right now.

realcZk

Is there a consensus on the best use of telemetry consumables? Trying to level up my pocket infinity more quickly and don't want to waste it.

They are all worth using for only 1 strange coin. I have a telemetry for each kind of weapon now I believe and I need to do some testing with the API to see how much of a percentage it actually affects XP being applied towards the weapon. I'm going to do it at the weekly reset before I get the nightfall buff unless someone can tell me what the nightfall buff is.

EDIT: sorry I mis-read your question big-time. The best way to use them IMO is to complete 5 bounties (5k xp ones preferred). Before you turn the bounties in, pop the telemetry pack and then turn them all in with your weapon equipped. You'll have 30 more minutes for xp to apply so I'd then go farm a mission like the "we've woken the hive" checkpoint for as much xp as possible till it expires.

joecanada

Hey DGAF ... off-topic, a dude I was randomly playing with the other night was like
"your clan is Dont give a fuck lol" ... so that is a pretty funny coincidence....

On Topic of the day - Xur

so the Suros of course is everyones favorite but I have been doing fine with my monte carlo and Grim Citizen, both levelled.
I am currently working on the thorn and pocket infinity bounty
Getting ready to buy Cryptic Dragon

Is there really a reason for me to buy the suros ? Although if a valid reason is what else are you gonna use coins on, that does work for me if you feel that is valid!
I am kind of wanting a void sniper so waiting on that....

For armour I am running an exotic helm (warlock), raid gloves, chest and boots from vendor. Similarily, is there any reason I would buy armour from Xur?
I do have sunbreakers but the raid gloves you kind of need at the time ... so helm of the innermost light it is, lol.

TLDR - finding raid gear, don't care about XUR , or should I?

My question is if Sniper Telemetry is even viable for IceBreaker? It must be the least efficient weapon in the game to use one on, so much lost time waiting for recharge.

mstevens

Wow. I just got the Suros today and have been using it. It is really a beast. Feels like a heavy machine gun, with rock solid stability in the primary weapon slot. Only problem I am noticing is that I keep running out of primary ammo. It makes me feel like I don't need any other primary.

Yeah, same here. It is really fun to use. Can't wait to upgrade it.

Greenymac

I went to the Destiny Public Events site and saw a tab for The Tower. It's listing Xur and some other bullshit but for a second I thought there was a Public Event at the tower. Nearly dropped my controller in excitement.

I noticed the events website also lists when the gunsmith is selling rare fusion rifles.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Last Light is a piece of shit, and I've finally made my peace with it, by strictly going directly from point A to point C, I can bring out my shotty, and I don't get sniped, fuck point B, the enemy can have it. ^_^
lol I love how you guys both renamed it Last light

i just can't do that map. I understand I'm supposed to avoid the sniper fire by sticking to the inner areas and never ever going for whatever the dome point is. but... I just don't like it. it has all the earmarks of the kind of FPS map I don't like. I honestly think bastion is marginally better but it's still inappropriate in clash (the 12 min timer helped a lot).
It really is. My favorite map by far. Having it only in Rumble/Skirmish is a shame
My favorite too with a bullet. Mercury!!

I'm also starting to come around on Asylum recently. It's got some deceptively good sightlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom