• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT8| Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Splinter

it's OP regardless, he almost gets a kill with melee on revive without even using one grenade

it's crazy batshit op with Voidfang

i don't see how anyone who has spent any time playing a Sunsinger can fail to see how extraordinarily advantageous this is. i guess it's fair to think it's not a big deal if you're perfectly okay with getting killed by people abusing it. it's an exploit. it's very, very obviously not intended.
It's obviously not intended, but nowhere near as effective as the youtube video pretends. If someone wants to self rez in front of me WITHOUT radiance being active then please feel free. Will happily kill you over and over again. The time it takes to do this is enough for my shield to pretty much fully regen, and he can only do it once per gunfight anyway (and if he's going to revive once, he might as well revive with radiance so he can actually kill me). Add to that all that time spent jumping into the menu at every 'quiet corner' and this is hardly worth using. Remember it's not a 'free revive' because I already got the points for the kill.

It's obviously more useful in places like hard raid / nightfall, but even there he managed to exaggerate:
He claims you could use this to choose who goes through the portal. Well... you can already do that, you can always end times vengeance with a full super, and that has the advantage of actually using the buffs AND not needing to swap your skills back during the supplicant attack.

Not saying it's useless, I'm sure Bungie will fix it pretty quick, but it's nowhere near as big as he makes it out to be.

Cynar

You get that by pushing the respawn button too...

The glitch isn't activating Radiance though, he's just respawning where he died normally w/o Radiance being activated. He gets 2 grenades from the armor.

It's a neat trick, but w/o Radiance being active on the respawn, it's too cumbersome to be effective...
Err you get revived where you die and the person you were attacking would still be weakened. This is the very definition of an exploit.

BraXzy

Hahahahahhaha!

You know how yesterday, I mentioned how I've never had an exotic drop from the crucible? Well someone heard me. Gjallahorn just dropped for me in a Skirmish match! I already have one on my Hunter so I suppose this beasty can go on my Warlock. Yay!

immodicus

Neo Member
it's OP regardless, he almost gets a kill with melee on revive without even using one grenade

it's crazy batshit op with Voidfang

i don't see how anyone who has spent any time playing a Sunsinger can fail to see how extraordinarily advantageous this is. i guess it's fair to think it's not a big deal if you're perfectly okay with getting killed by people abusing it. it's an exploit. it's very, very obviously not intended.

This is going to start being abused by a lot of bad players, which means they'll just be feeding the other team kills- a problem with fireborn to begin with. I don't ever like quitting matches, but I fully intend to if I catch my teammates doing this exploit.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Lawd have mercy. I just spent the last 3 hours going from 24 to 26 on my Alt Hunter. I had to do all sort of insane stuff just to get the materials. I burned all my Glimmer on Greens, burned up all my bounties (including the ones you get at the Postmaster for each planet [6 in total]) levelling up the greens and scrapping them for max Sapphire Wires, moving over my meager amount of shards from my main to pool into my alt.

Before and Now said:
V015S0e.jpg
XsSeVPQ.jpg

Doing all this just so I can run the Weekly Heroic so I can buy myself a Suros. I might be able to get to 27 if I find Legendary boots, but I'm not betting on it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, main reason I made this post.
What's the fastest way to get some Glimmer? I'm bone dry.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Your whole post is nonsense. First why would they randomize Xur? That's silly. Next they've had Warlock Sunbreakers for half the time he's sold things, it's so common it's a running gag. And lastly it's all optional. Some people don't have or miss certain things, him selling them again helps us. Look at all those who want Gjalahorn again, myself included. That's how life is as a whole : You buy things, better ones come out. Considering you're not using a black and white tv to play Destiny you should be happy.

People bitch about the dumbest things. Smh

Xur HAS to be randomized. If Bungie actually chose for him to stock Sunbreakers 3 out of 4 weeks, they need to be slapped.

I'm just frustrated with repeats. I'd like to get a chance at Plan C, Patience & Time, Thunderlord, or The Last Word and Xur is the only opportunity I have since Nightfall and VoG love giving me repeat drops.

well of course xur is random. I have no idea what to believe about the suros. I really don't think you can take this tweet from bungie as saying they picked it but obviously items can roll multiple times in a row but with different stats, which points to totally random inventories, right?

Yeah, I don't think the Suros thing was intentional. I think Bungie's tweet was more a response to it being available again, not an implication that they chose for it to be there.

People are pretty quick to allege that Bungie is trying to fuck us over left and right... Do you really think they would do Sunbreakers like fifty times in a row just because they think it is funny? Like they would go out of their way to keep pissing people off?

I get that it's been a bumpy road since launch...but players love to victimize themselves.

immodicus

Neo Member
Lawd have mercy. I just spent the last 3 hours going from 24 to 26 on my Alt Hunter. I had to do all sort of insane stuff just to get the materials. I burned all my Glimmer on Greens, burned up all my bounties (including the ones you get at the Postmaster for each planet [6 in total]) levelling up the greens and scrapping them for max Sapphire Wires, moving over my meager amount of shards from my main to pool into my alt.

Doing all this just so I can run the Weekly Heroic so I can buy myself a Suros. I might be able to get to 27 if I find Legendary boots, but I'm not betting on it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, main reason I made this post.
What's the fastest way to get some Glimmer? I'm bone dry.

Just do Vanguard Tiger Strikes man. You get so many blues and greens that way.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So I was thinking if the items Xur has for sale every weekend are somewhat RNG too...but I just read the Bungie tweet about "evening the score" and selling the suros again so it can't be random right?

Ok so WHY IN THE FUCK would you have Armamentarium twice in a row but this week's has way better stat roll? I don't even play Titan I don't even HAVE a Titan but I wanted to make one in the future....maybe. So I bought it last week. Also voidfang again? I just can't comprehend some of the decisions bungie is making even though this is just small stuff it's fucking annoying and it makes it seem like they are just straight up fucking trolls.

What are the differences in Stats? I didn't even realize they were different. Now I'm wondering if there was a difference in the 2 times the Saint-Helm and the Inmost Light Helm were sold :/. Anybody know??

I'm tired of waiting for public events. I have more ascendant materials than I need. And it is too easy to go to some area and wait around and miss the event. That happens to me every day. I'm not going to intentionally look for public events anymore. If I come across one of course I'll do it but that's it.

Yeah i often save the Public event as the last thing i do. When i'm farming or doing patrol bounties you have a good chance of just walking into one. When i do wait for them i often try to have a patrol or bounty i can work on in the area i'm waiting.

gdt

So I got the public events tracks app and now I think I've completely farmed them out. I get nothing from them anymore.

Does that reset weekly too? I was banging out 3/4 an hour yesterday.

darthbob

What are the differences in Stats? I didn't even realize they were different. Now I'm wondering if there was a difference in the 2 times the Saint-Helm and the Inmost Light Helm were sold :/. Anybody know??

The one sold last week had DSC-104, this one has DSC-131. When you upgrade it, it will increase even further.

X-Frame

lol damn, the more I think about it the more I believe that a week of "The Last Word is OP now!" is exactly what the crucible needs.

Haha, I agree but I personally think The Last Word requires noticeably more "skill" to use effectively. You need to be able consistently land headshots with the high ROF. It is not like the Suros where it's a recoil-less auto scout rifle and incredibly easy to wield.

I actually fully expect there to be a good amount of people that won't like TLW in PvP and instead would prefer more of the high power HC's like Hawkmoon or Lord High Fixer types.

But once you get the hang of The Last Word -- you should be feared. :)

Others with The Last Word, what do you think? Do you agree with my impressions?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
People are pretty quick to allege that Bungie is trying to fuck us over left and right... Do you really think they would do Sunbreakers like fifty times in a row just because they think it is funny? Like they would go out of their way to keep pissing people off?

I get that it's been a bumpy road since launch...but players love to victimize themselves.
just want to mention that I appreciated this post a lot. i've been a part of a lot of gaming communities, across various genres and all different levels of involvement and playerbase sizes, and what I've seen with Destiny is more or less unmatched. the lead up to this situation was very complicated and based on a ton of different factors, some of which were absolutely, 100% outright mistakes on Bungie's part... but overall the sort of anti-player paranoia can still get a bit... er, intense. The ratio of the times that I have seen Bungie accused of "forcing people to play their way" or enforcing a "no fun allowed" policy (compared to other games) versus instances that acknowledged how actually fun the game is to play (compared to other games) is pretty crazed with this one. I mean just the idea that we could be 170 pages into the OT8 of a two month-old game that "hates fun" is a bit hilarious to me :p

Am i missing something or is the Vex Mythoclast not as good? I know they nerfed it but so far the best use i found for it is doing the Overcharge bounty.
It has a low ammo clip and doesn't seem viable for full time use in a strike or mission.

I do not have it fully upgraded so that maybe the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom