• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Bungie needs to give us better shard return if they're raising the caps. I say at least 60% of shards should be returned on dismantled gear so we can level up.

Not just ass mats but farming mats too. I would seriously trade shards for helium at this point. I have 200 of one and 3 of another...

Nightz

So I finally got to level 29 and I think I'm ready to try the hard mode raid. Is there any major difference between normal and hard, besides the difficulty?

Seems fine to me. Two strikes, a raid, 3 new maps and a bunch of gear is worth it. I could care less about the story missions though.

Then I sincerly hope you enjoy it and get your money's worth out of it. As for me, I'm done. Maybe I'll jump back in if the DLC is ever on sale, but until that time I've got other games to play.

So I finally got to level 29 and I think I'm ready to try the hard mode raid. Is there any major difference between normal and hard, besides the difficulty?

Hard mode is much, much harder. Biggest difference is that there are NO REVIVES, except for Warlock self-res super. Also, all enemies are 30. Other than that, the biggest struggle I see with some teams is that they don't have upgraded weapons. Max out your weapons people, especially raid weapons, Icebreaker, and Gjallahorn.

Raid primaries are much better than basically any Exotic primary (like Suros).

darkwing

They won't. The level cap is based on gear, if you don't have the DLC you can't get the gear that will get you to 32. However, you don't need LVL 32 to do anything other than the DLC raid Hard Mode or whatever it is I guess.

VoG level scaling apparently doesn't exist or doesn't matter, you don't take less damage from lower level targets, you don't do more damage to lower level targets. Being higher level nets you no benefits other than doing higher level content which doesn't exist.

yup, basically this

I had pretty crazy luck on the hard raid last night. Got hunter chest and legs for the oracle section before the Templar and then beating the Templar got me another hunter chest and the raid gauntlets. I'm pretty happy I can finally hit 30. Considering some of my previous runs this was a jackpot.

I wish you had a chance for gauntlets in a chest or during GK/Atheon. I get so bummed after the Templar knowing I don't have a chance for the rest of the raid.

Namikaze1

Y'all shush! Last week was supposed to be the Last Word's week! Instead, we got Suros again! Bungie, Hypehorn better not be on sale this week! It has to be The Last Word! It has to be!

hydruxo

Then I sincerly hope you enjoy it and get your money's worth out of it. As for me, I'm done. Maybe I'll jump back in if the DLC is ever on sale, but until that time I've got other games to play.

Nothing wrong with that. Take a break and come back when the DLC is out.

Seems fine to me. Two strikes, a raid, 3 new maps and a bunch of gear is worth it. I could care less about the story missions though.

For 1/3rd the price of the game, there should be a new patrol zone, class (or sub class for each class) and some new game modes/patrol types. On top of the current stuffs.

excowboy

Pretty disappointed that us Xbox peasants only get one of the strikes, seeing as those are probably what I would play most. I don't suppose we get a proportionate discount on the DLC though? Thought not...

Has seriously muted my desire to pick it up. Also:
Harold Ryan said:
So, looking at how the exotic quests work, like the Thorn quest, was the inspiration for how we're attempting to tell the story in this expansion.

The new bit of story involves a horrible grind in PvP even if you have no interest in PvP? :p

Nightz

Hard mode is much, much harder. Biggest difference is that there are NO REVIVES, except for Warlock self-res super. Also, all enemies are 30. Other than that, the biggest struggle I see with some teams is that they don't have upgraded weapons. Max out your weapons people, especially raid weapons, Icebreaker, and Gjallahorn.

Raid primaries are much better than basically any Exotic primary (like Suros).

Thanks. I'll probably work on upgrading my weapons first. I haven't been very lucky with getting raid weapons though. :(

Haybro

I actually enjoyed the new teleport mechanic in the raid last night, you really have to be on your game. It was the first time I ran with the relic. Having a regular group helps a lot though.

Picked up the hunter boots and shattered vault cloak. Only thing holding me back from 30 is the chest armor.

LiK

Thanks. I'll probably work on upgrading my weapons first. I haven't been very lucky with getting raid weapons though. :(

I only got is Mida Multi-Tool and Corrective Measure from the Raids. All I keep getting is ass and armor. I want VoC!

Harold Ryan: In The Dark Below you're not going to a new planet or a new destination. But you will find many new experiences in existing ones.

Is it possible we will go to new planets in the second expansion, House of Wolves?

Harold Ryan: House of Wolves is not something we're ready to talk about at this point. But we certainly understand the desire for new destinations.

So no new planets for at least 6-8 months?

Yaari

Died at Nexus. Damage output was not high enough, a rocket did not even kill the Praetorian. Oh well, it was ridiculously easy to get there, so not that bothered.

Don't really like the sound of the expansion. But as I paid for the Digital Guardian edition, I'll check it out.

Raid is probably 50% of the content and with no intention of going there, I doubt the expansion will be worth it for me. Oh well, atleast I learned my lesson about overhyped games and their season passes. I won't be falling for that shit again.

Died at Nexus. Damage output was not high enough, a rocket did not even kill the Praetorian. Oh well, it was ridiculously easy to get there, so not that bothered.

Don't really like the sound of the expansion. But as I paid for the Digital Guardian edition, I'll check it out.

Raid is probably 50% of the content and with no intention of going there, I doubt the expansion will be worth it for me. Oh well, atleast I learned my lesson about overhyped games and their season passes. I won't be falling for that shit again.

The minotaur is a joke with a heavy void machine gun.

This was by far the easiest Nightfall yet. We beat it 3 times in about a half hour. Two of us with Atheon's Epilogue sort of helped.

Did you not know about the raids before you bought it?

Yaari

Did you not know about the raids before you bought it?

Sure I did, but I did not know that everything would lead towards the raid, that leveling towards 30 would be exclusive to raids alone, and that there would not be a PVP alternative to go about it.

The minotaur is a joke with a heavy void machine gun.

This was by far the easiest Nightfall yet. We beat it 3 times in about a half hour. Two of us with Atheon's Epilogue sort of helped.

Void is the only Machine Gun I don't have, unfortunately. The damage penalty at 27 really got me. Luckily I'm only 2 Light away from 28 so I'll get there soon enough.

Trakan

Harold Ryan: There's a new strike, The Will of Crota. You fight a new boss in that, Omnigul. That's just one new strike that's global. And then PlayStation users get a new exclusive called The Undying Mind. They get a new exotic as well. It's centred in The Black Garden as a strike.

PS4 gets another exclusive exotic? Not bad.

Also this Hunter cloak is amazing. I can't wait.

jpg

Jito

Banned

New DLC strike boss is just a larger Wizard. Is all the DLC content in this game going to just be repeated enemies and larger boss versions of existing enemies?

Sure I did, but I did not know that everything would lead towards the raid, that leveling towards 30 would be exclusive to raids alone, and that there would not be a PVP alternative to go about it.

It's annoying that there is no way at all for us PVP players or smaller groups of PVE players have no way of getting to 30. Part of the game is just locked out for us.

blackflag

Y'all shush! Last week was supposed to be the Last Word's week! Instead, we got Suros again! Bungie, Hypehorn better not be on sale this week! It has to be The Last Word! It has to be!

Doesn't it rotate? Not specific weapons, but I always thought it rotated through primary, heavy, secondary? It's never sold the same slot 2 in a row and I want to say it sold all 3 before going back to primary but that could totally be a coincidence

I'll take the G or a Last Word

Yaari

Doesn't it rotate? Not specific weapons, but I always thought it rotated through primary, heavy, secondary? It's never sold the same slot 2 in a row and I want to say it sold all 3 before going back to primary but that could totally be a coincidence

I'll take the G or a Last Word

I thought as well, but that has since been debunked. A history of Xur goods will show that he sold a weapon class consecutively.

Midas

December 9th. So close, but yet so far away. I do wonder when the new raid will be unlocked. Hopefully before Christmas.

I probably need to have three alt chars to keep all my exotics.

SkylineRKR

So expansion is pretty much grind for new Raid gear, grind for level 32 cap.

Then the next expansion hits, grind for raid gear, grind for 34 cap?

Deku Tree

I am trying to imagine how are we going to get to level 32. Will there be another regular level so we can go up to level 21 and also up another 1 level with light armor? Or is it another two levels of light armor?

Also will my existing exotics be able to get me to 32 with some grinding? Or do I need new exotics from the DLC?

Lastly what about my current raid armor? Can I upgrade that with new materials to get to 32? Or do I need to abandon it and get some new "higher tier" raid armor from the new raid?

Lastly with the DLC will both RAIDS now give higher level raid armor, and all the new weapons? Or will the new stuff only be available in the new RAID? I guess well find out on Dec. 9.

Tovarisc

It will be free. Deej mentioned it for their next patch - whenever that comes out.

Well didn't they just announce release day of next patch?

December 9th.

Edit: Took look at Eurogamer article. So warlock chest armor looks horrendous, but as good thing they open up Seraphim Vault finally?

But you only need to be 30 to do hard raid. Although, Iron Banner will help that now.

Seep

Hold on, the expansion is priced at $20, but it's £20 for us Brits? WTF is this shit?

That was my exact reaction to that line.

It won't be £20 for each expansion, you can buy the limited ed for £59.99 which includes both sets of DLC.

void666

Banned
I actually enjoyed the new teleport mechanic in the raid last night, you really have to be on your game. It was the first time I ran with the relic. Having a regular group helps a lot though.

Picked up the hunter boots and shattered vault cloak. Only thing holding me back from 30 is the chest armor.

You got my boots sir and i got your armor. Lets trade.

Got the cloak also. Loving my cloak collection.

Jito

Banned
Are Bungie actually going to explain this Halloween event or is it like most mechanics in this game we have to figure out for ourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom