• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

In addition, your options are expanding with three new multiplayer arenas and a new raid, which will come with the expansion, but like the first raid it will unlock over time.

Just finish the raid before you ship the DLC, the current raid is by far the most buggy, untested piece of content in Destiny although its the most fun. What other reason is there for unlocking it over time? To prevent people from becoming level 32 in the first week?

Deku Tree

Are Bungie actually going to explain this Halloween event or is it like most mechanics in this game we have to figure out for ourselves?

What Halloween event? As far as I can see there is only a halloween shader thing for your helmet... and you can only see it on yourself in the tower.

Just finish the raid before you ship the DLC, the current raid is by far the most buggy, untested piece of content in Destiny although its the most fun. What other reason is there for unlocking it over time? To prevent people from becoming level 32 in the first week?

I assumed that meant it will unlock after you've done the story missions.

Wow @ Playstation exclusive stuff.

Two weapons and a Strike at launch exclusive (for the same price) was bad enough. But now charging the same price for another strike that we cannot play.

That fucking sucks.

Spare me the COD analogy, 1/2 months is nothing compared to a year.

Its comedic how bad Bungie fucked up the longevity of this game. 6 weeks into the game and I already have at least 5 friends who are done playing it and I'm down to just doing the nightfall/raid once a week. GG bungie.

Jito

Banned
What Halloween event? As far as I can see there is only a halloween shader thing for your helmet... and you can only see it on yourself in the tower.

See this is what I mean, no one has a clue what it is or does. It's a consumable on cooldown you can use anywhere and it's somehow related to killing Hive? What's the point of it? How do I get the new sparrows?

Skele7on

Banned
I haven't tested yet but will tonight.

For those that don't want random picks for atheon,

if 3 players (warlocks) killed themselves just before transport then self res

it would technically allow you to use the same characters going through the portals every time....

Mr.Walls

Neo Member
I am trying to imagine how are we going to get to level 32. Will there be another regular level so we can go up to level 21 and also up another 11 levels with light armor? Or is it another two levels of light armor?

Also will my existing exotics be able to get me to 32 with some grinding? Or do I need new exotics from the DLC?

Lastly what about my current raid armor? Can I upgrade that with new materials to get to 32? Or do I need to abandon it and get some new "higher tier" raid armor from the new raid?

Lastly with the DLC will both RAIDS now give higher level raid armor, and all the new weapons? Or will the new stuff only be available in the new RAID? I guess well find out on Dec. 9.
I was so hyped for this expansion until i read all your valid concerns/questions :/ now i am scared. I hope my 70+ hour grind(and I am only at 28) doesnt go to waste.

realcZk

But when we can get into these areas already and see this content, there's a feeling at the content is finished, cut and saved for DLC.

Harold Ryan: No. Eris and her story were built over the last three months, long after the game was done. For example for The Dark Below, that included the activities and the bosses and all of the polish of it.

Here's to hoping that a DLC story built in three months is better than the story that shipped with Destiny, which was built in many years. It definitely wouldn't be hard to do, just hope they are listening to the feedback. I really want them to have a story that's more connected to the lore and not so fucking vague like the one we got.

I haven't tested yet but will tonight.

For those that don't want random picks for atheon,

if 3 players (warlocks) killed themselves just before transport then self res

it would technically allow you to use the same characters going through the portals every time....

So much work to avoid just learning how to use the relic.

Deku Tree

Two weapons and a Strike at launch exclusive (for the same price) was bad enough. But now charging the same price for another strike that we cannot play.

That fucking sucks.

Its comedic how bad Bungie fucked up the longevity of this game. 6 weeks into the game and I already have at least 5 friends who are done playing it and I'm down to just doing the nightfall/raid once a week. GG bungie.

Sony must have Paid Activision a good amount. And it looks like its worth it for them... PS+ sub's doubled in September.

I feel bad for Xbox gamers but it's not like this wasn't announced a long time before the game came out and before the current gen consoles came out.

From Bungie's statistics it sure does sound like a lot of people are continuing to play Destiny for a lot longer than they play most games.

Skele7on

Banned

LOL I did it the normal way last night with friends and two new people.

It was horrible, honestly. I resorted to just running through the portal and dealing with the oracles as backup

Halloween is Friday, so is the Bungie update, expect news then.....

Tovarisc

That fucking sucks.

They are charging you for everything else except for that one strike.

That one strike was bought and paid for by Sony.

I know how to use that toy of a weapon, but I don't find it fun or enjoyable part of raid. Me being forced to use it more than I have to [I'm 2nd carry in Gatekeeper phase] is just bullshit move by Bungie.

Jito

Banned
Here's to hoping that a DLC story built in three months is better than the story that shipped with Destiny, which was built in many years. It definitely wouldn't be hard to do, just hope they are listening to the feedback. I really want them to have a story that's more connected to the lore and not so fucking vague like the one we got.

I doubt it really when the DLC comes with only 3 story missions. How much story can really be in just 3 missions? That interview just reads like the weekly updates "we've heard your complaints and are working hard on amazing new features, just wait and see".

X-Frame

I really hope that Destiny 2 abandons the horrendous Light levels attached to armor -- though I am not hopeful seeing as how they want us to take our guardians from game to game.

FrankT

Sony must have Paid Activision a good amount. And it looks like its worth it for them... PS+ sub's doubled in September.

I feel bad for Xbox gamers but it's not like this wasn't announced a long time before the game came out and before the current gen consoles came out.

From Bungie's statistics it sure does sound like a lot of people are continuing to play Destiny for a lot longer than they play most games.

I give it two weeks and their numbers are going to plummet. Not because of any exclusive content, but simply the game is not going to hold up well with what is coming. People are tiring of this game. Make no doubt about it.

When Halo MCC and AW for example hits I see most of my friends not going back.

Tovarisc

But you're not. There are two other people in the portal.

If you are comfortable with dealing with confusion for little while as you sort out who got ported and if X should take relic, just ignore the fact that you will go blind for Y seconds because time wasted with sorting out.

So if you get ported you better be holding that pick up button!

Navid

However, you don't need LVL 32 to do anything other than the DLC raid Hard Mode or whatever it is I guess.
Sure, you don't NEED lvl 32 to do the VoG hard Raid, but say you are going to run through the VoG on hard and you have a choice of a random lvl 32 or a lvl 30 to take with you... This type of level restriction could mean people without the DLC might have a harder time being considered for hard raids (even non DLC ones) down the line.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really wish they'd just stuck to the 30 level cap. invalidating gear is so annoying. Oh well, 32 could be worse. The way I see it 29 will most likely be the new "gelcap" and I am in striking distance of that, at least.

*shrug* it's looking like I will be getting the DLC when it comes out. Price is steep, the value for me will come from:

-The experience of getting our asses handed to us as we learn a new raid up front in my raid group. I'm certainly a fan of the vault of glass and it really is exciting to think about continuing to roll with my group through new challenges..
-I'm pretty hooked on collecting exotics. I want them all. I HOPE Bungie is at least on the same page enough with me that current exotics will not be fully invalidated- such that some horizontal progression is still possible through collection.
-New multiplayer maps is worth a few bucks out of the total cost.
-While I'm not at all sold on the game's ability to tell even a basic competent story, just new replayable content that comes from those missions will be welcome- especially if one or two is on the Sword of Crota level.
-I actually do want to support Bungie for what they've done with this game and its continued development.

That last one is definitely something to consider and if you're really generally unhappy with Destiny, I urge you not to buy the DLC at launch.

So expansion is pretty much grind for new Raid gear, grind for level 32 cap.

Then the next expansion hits, grind for raid gear, grind for 34 cap?
lol I think the idea is to have fun somewhere in there

realcZk

I doubt it really when the DLC comes with only 3 story missions. How much story can really be in just 3 missions? That interview just reads like the weekly updates "we've heard your complaints and are working hard on amazing new features, just wait and see".

I really don't know either. They said they are taking a different approach to the story telling, sorta like how they are currently doing exotic bounties. They said it'll make you feel more "connected" to the world. Completing 25 strikes without dying, dismantling blue fusion rifles and finding a dead ghost definitely isn't making me feel more connected using the current formula, so I hope they are doing something a little different.

I'm not super excited for the DLC but I'm still going to buy it because I have a lot of love for this game even though I'm consistently disappointed with every update so far. The raids are a blast with a group and I hope they see the importance of those and take them very seriously going forward.

E92 M3

Well didn't they just announce release day of next patch?

December 9th.

Edit: Took look at Eurogamer article. So warlock chest armor looks horrendous, but as good thing they open up Seraphim Vault finally?

They didn't make any mention of the next patch that buffs exotics. It better not be when the expansion hits.

That fucking sucks.

Yes, it's horrible to charge the same price for considerably less content. Dumbest console deal ever. I hope it bites back for them, so this shit doesn't continue further in the future.

realcZk

I really wish they'd just stuck to the 30 level cap. invalidating gear is so annoying. Oh well, 32 could be worse. The way I see it 29 will most likely be the new "gelcap" and I am in striking distance of that, at least.

*shrug* it's looking like I will be getting the DLC when it comes out. Price is steep, the value for me will come from:

-The experience of getting our asses handed to us as we learn a new raid up front in my raid group. I'm certainly a fan of the vault of glass and it really is exciting to think about continuing to roll with my group through new challenges..
-I'm pretty hooked on collecting exotics. I want them all. I HOPE Bungie is at least on the same page enough with me that current exotics will not be fully invalidated- such that some horizontal progression is still possible through collection.
-While I'm not at all sold on the game's ability to tell even a basic competent story, just new replayable content that comes from those missions will be welcome- especially if one or two is on the Sword of Crota level.
-I actually do want to support Bungie for what they've done with this game and its continued development.

That last one is definitely something to consider and if you're really generally unhappy with Destiny, I urge you not to buy the DLC at launch.

Any predictions on how they are going to do the level 32 cap? What could they invalidate except for raid gear, without pissing people off? It's a shame if my exotic builds are only good up until the next DLC, especially since there don't seem to be other exotics to replace them like you said.

I saw that the destiny db has stuff called exotic armor shards, I'm hoping we can just get those from the raid or something and upgrade the light level on existing gear with them. I'd be cool with that.

Deku Tree

I bought the Destiny Digital Guardian Edition so I'm in for at least the first two DLC's... and I feel super enthusiastic about them... I haven't been this exited about a single video game in a long time. I have more play time in destiny than in any other game in years.

SkylineRKR

Sure. But Raid wasn't fun to attempt at lowest level to me, and I don't really enjoy Heroic VoG tbh (sitting out Legions etc). A lot of players struggle to get their build to level 30, I hope the new Raid is at least doable at 28-29.

noomi

Hey guys, just a quick question for those of you that level lots of legendary and exotic weapons.

I have a few new ones that I want to level all the way through....

With all the daily missions, public events, nightfall, weekly, bounties....etc It takes me about a full week to completely level a legendary weapon. Just curious if it's the same for a majority of you? An exotic is more like 2 weeks :( Such a painful and boring process

FrankT

My guess is similar to what they have done now. To get 32 you need raid gear. Some combo will get you to 31 without it.

Homeboyd

PS gets exclusive Destiny stuff.
Xboners get MCC.

They gotta give PS dudes something to stick around for. I'm good with that. Laaaaaater!

ocean

Banned
US$20 for a Raid, new gear and weapons, a few story missions and strikes seems alright I guess. Not the deal of the century but I'm sure I'll get my money's worth. Twenty bucks for a few hours of fun seems about right.

Deku Tree

Any predictions on how they are going to do the level 32 cap? What could they invalidate except for raid gear, without pissing people off? It's a shame if my exotic builds are only good up until the next DLC, especially since there don't seem to be other exotics to replace them like you said.

I saw that the destiny db has stuff called exotic armor shards, I'm hoping we can just get those from the raid or something and upgrade the light level on existing gear with them. I'd be cool with that.

I am guessing, only guessing, that your current exotic armor will be further upgradable somehow with new materials. And your current raid gear will either be unable to get you to level 32 at all, or you will be able to get it to 32 only by using new rare materials that are possibly only available from the new RAID.

US$20 for a Raid, new gear and weapons, a few story missions and strikes seems alright I guess. Not the deal of the century but I'm sure I'll get my money's worth. Twenty bucks for a few hours of fun seems about right.

You can buy 2 DLCs for $35, and I got the first 2 DLCs for $30 in the digital guardian edition.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

By my prediction, raid gear and the Iron Banner "raid-compatible" gear will be invalidated. I can't imagine any other way to handle it. Upgrading existing exotics to "new light" standards makes perfect sense, I hope that's accurate. What do you mean by there don't seem to be other exotics to replace them, like the new exotics don't overlap with the old ones? That's actually pretty cool if true, I haven't seen the descriptions of them beyond every now and then on a wiki or whatever (unverfiable). I know there are boots at least!

Really, really really really really need transmutation. There is limited opportunity for visual customization, but it is there- we're just totally cut off from it by the need to equip the highest-light gear (and eventually most specialized gear) based on stats versus appearance. This is fixable and important. I really hope it's not too far on the back burner. It's a potential glimmer sink as well.

blackjaw

I don't know, I've put almost 6 days of playtime in the game (on my one character) but it might be time to leave. Two of my good friends that I play with are out, I can't get the raid legs to drop (that I need for the sense of "completion"), and the next xpac just doesn't have very much content for XB1 players to hold us over for another 3-6 months.

it's a good thing November is stacked with releases.

ocean

Banned
Hey guys, just a quick question for those of you that level lots of legendary and exotic weapons.

I have a few new ones that I want to level all the way through....

With all the daily missions, public events, nightfall, weekly, bounties....etc It takes me about a full week to completely level a legendary weapon. Just curious if it's the same for a majority of you? An exotic is more like 2 weeks :( Such a painful and boring process
All the bounties? I feel you should be making faster progress if you're turning in every bounty. I don't do them all, some are too annoying. I do about 3-4 Vanguard and 3-4 Crucible a day and leveling just seems to happen.

Getting planetary materials is a far more serious grind IMO. I really wish Bungie would give me a way to buy them. Glimmer, Motes of Light, Strange Coins, Crucible Marks, Vanguard Marks fucking anything. I'd pay real cash for them as DLC. This is a shooter not FarmVille.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom