• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midas

How much easier is hard raid if you're level 30? Last time we tried with one level 30, the templar always raged. Can you kill him before rage if you only have on level 30? Can you even do it with everyone at level 30? :)

The rest of us is 29. Mainly because we never get the last piece of raid gear we all need.

Is it not letting you join? Not sure what is happening

Yeah for me it's kicking me when I try to join. Says I lost connection to servers. Permissions to access online games may have changed or my profile may have been signed in elsewhere.

So dumb. Well I'm off for awhile be back later.

hydruxo

How much easier is hard raid if you're level 30? Last time we tried with one level 30, the templar always raged. Can you kill him before rage if you only have on level 30? Can you even do it with everyone at level 30? :)

The rest of us is 29. Mainly because we never get the last piece of raid gear we all need.

It is noticeably easier at 30. You can kill him before enrage with all 29's if everybody stays up and gets lots of dmg in.

Stubo

Cleared normal raid last night and 2 pieces of raid gear actually dropped for me...unfortunately the 2 that I already have. Besides that I got my 6th chatterwhite and shards, my titan is destined to stay 29.

Will be searching for a hard party in about 6 hours if anyone on Xbone is up for it.

It's fine now we just did 2 hard clears

GG cyborg, Uff_duh, Jignxs, et al. on the two quick hard raid clears.

Now I'm only one Warlock raid gear drop (and a shit ton of XP + farming mats) away from having a Lv 30 for each class.

Unfriendly giant for me and it was really unfriendly, blew me up during our flawless attempt.

Of course all I really need now is that Flawless Ass. At least the rocket suicide was early and helped motivate our valuable "No RPGs" rule, haha.

void666

Banned
I KNOW Xur will be selling red death this week because:
- i already have it. Got it from a purple engram yesterday.
- It's crap
- He already sold it before

That's it. Bungie having the balls to put console-exclusive stuff in their DLC is the final nail in this game's coffin. I'm not spending any more of my time and money on a developer that clearly doesn't care about the people playing its games anymore.

GG DestinyGAF, hope you have fun with the expansion when it arrives.

EU store always updates on Wednesday. They'll most likely be there later today.

But then were youtube and the GTA pre-order added yesterday or last week? I only noticed them yesterday after the update, so I thought they had done an exception and updated the store on the same day as the OS update.

jred2k

I had pretty crazy luck on the hard raid last night. Got hunter chest and legs for the oracle section before the Templar and then beating the Templar got me another hunter chest and the raid gauntlets. I'm pretty happy I can finally hit 30. Considering some of my previous runs this was a jackpot.

Navid

Two points of interest for me in the above:

- The light level cap is raised from 30 to 32, and the new gear will facilitate progression beyond 30.

I hope they allow for people without the DLC to attain lvl 32 as well, otherwise it can negatively affect current content... Imagine future Iron Banner or VoG Hard mode when you have selection of people stuck at lvl 30 and other able to run those events at lvl 32.

- Elsewhere, Bungie will increase the number of bounty slots available to characters to 10 from the current five.

I assume and hope this isn't part of the DLC but rather a patch that will be applied for everyone, otherwise it would be real shitty of them to stick extra bounty slots behind a DLC paywall.

Namikaze1

I'm gonna have to wear that crappy Moon raid Titan helm for 32 aren't I?

Unless Bungie ups Exotics light level of course. Who am I kidding, only the DLC exotics can get you to 32.

Overdoziz

Banned
That's it. Bungie having the balls to put console-exclusive stuff in their DLC is the final nail in this game's coffin. I'm not spending any more of my time and money on a developer that clearly doesn't care about the people playing its games anymore.

shoulda gone ps mate

But then were youtube and the GTA pre-order added yesterday or last week? I only noticed them yesterday after the update, so I thought they had done an exception and updated the store on the same day as the OS update.

I only noticed youtube yesterday as well. I assume they made an exception just for that but idk. We'll see later.

Daemul

I'm gonna have to wear that crappy Moon raid Titan helm for 32 aren't I?

Unless Bungie ups Exotics light level of course. Who am I kidding, only the DLC exotics can get you to 32.

There's been datamined items which will added in the next DLC which will allow you to upgrade current exotics and get then to a higher light level.

E92 M3

It's complete bullshit that Xbox owners pay the same price, but for much less content. The deal with Sony could have been incorporated in a different manner that didn't screw over the Xbox players. I'd rather a game not come out at all then have content missing. I hate missing content.

Also, Bungie needs to give us better shard return if they're raising the caps. I say at least 60% of shards should be returned on dismantled gear so we can level up.

for this Nightfall, we used one of the hiding spots where shots could be fired from both ends behind the concrete wall.

2 players on each side, the 3rd staying in the middle playing medic (defender to revive the other two

that was the only way we managed

- The light level cap is raised from 30 to 32, and the new gear will facilitate progression beyond 30.

I hope they allow for people without the DLC to attain lvl 32 as well, otherwise it can negatively affect current content... Imagine future Iron Banner or VoG Hard mode when you have selection of people stuck at lvl 30 and other able to run those events at lvl 32.
They won't. The level cap is based on gear, if you don't have the DLC you can't get the gear that will get you to 32. However, you don't need LVL 32 to do anything other than the DLC raid Hard Mode or whatever it is I guess.

Iron Banner level scaling apparently doesn't exist or doesn't matter, you don't take less damage from lower level targets, you don't do more damage to lower level targets. Being higher level nets you no benefits other than doing higher level content which doesn't exist.

Edit: Woops typed VoG instead of Iron Banner. Either way level scaling in this game is messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom