• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
not tonight, need to sleep early for work. if you guys are still up for it this week. let me know via PM. 6PM EST works for me.

if Todd asks me to join him round the same time, i will need to join him for it.

Sounds good. If we can't get a group going tonight I'll still be trying to do it this week. It would be nice to bust it out before the hotfix comes in and randomizes Atheon teleports.

I'd love to try but it's 3am over here right now. :(

Curse you time zones!! That's cool, if we can't do it tonight I will still be looking for a group.

X-Frame

Any good way to get the 200 nightfall kills done for the pocket infinity?

When you load the Nightfall, every instanced story area becomes an area with enemies are Level 28, and those kills count towards your Pocket Infinity bounty.

I assume you could load the Nightfall and then turn around and then just sparrow to the "We've woken the Hive!" (Temple of Crota) area and just descend the temple and kill all the enemies there. If you die, you get the normal 3 second respawn and no worries of being kicked to orbit.

For example, last week I did this bounty when the Nightfall was Sepkis Prime, and instead of me entering in the Nightfall area, I spawned and then immediately sparrowed the other direction and went to Skywatch and just kept killing all the enemies there, then continued to the Last Array story mission area and killed them until I entered The Forgotten Shore, then I just circled back again. They were all level 28 and all counted.

Dawg

i'm a little confused at what's going on here, can you hover over each blue piece and say how much light they give?

Just me being a noob.

Reading through all your guides right now. They're very helpful. I'm gonna start doing what you said tomorrow because it's 4am right now Z_Z

Quick questions:

1. Can you level up each of the factions, out do you have to only pick one?
2. Is there any reason not to upgrade Suros Regime? Seemed to read speculation it was better without upgrades in PvP?
3. Have a set of boots that are upgraded right into the last tier that requires shards. Bought another pair that has slightly better Int/Dis and a better perk for my usual primary. Would it make sense then to scrap my current set and level the new ones? Now is the time to decide since no shards are involved yet.

Edit: oh, and got Thorn today! Finally found a groove for FRs that let me do decently to good each game. Thanks for the advice on aiming and doing Control, both helped. Still probably have an ulcer from the stress of dying tho, haha.

Dante316

Quick questions:

2. Is there any reason not to upgrade Suros Regime? Seemed to read speculation it was better without upgrades in PvP?
3. Have a set of boots that are upgraded right into the last tier that requires shards. Bought another pair that has slightly better Int/Dis and a better perk for my usual primary. Would it make sense then to scrap my current set and level the new ones? Now is the time to decide since no shards are involved yet.

1. Level 1 at a time
2. I prefer it upgraded for high lvl pve. Your call
3. Yes

purg3

slept with Malkin
Quick questions:

You can level any and all of them, but only one Facation (New Monarchy, FWC, Dead Orbit) at a time; or Vanguard and Crucible together.

Upgrade slows rate of fire, minimal damage boost (for pvp). I'm not upgrading mine as of now.

If no shards are involved, sure go for it. If they aren't raid level boots it really doesn't matter honestly.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just beat the hard raid for the first time...
Got Vex Mythoclast
and raid helmet :)

Doing it again on my alt, pls RNG, the hand cannon

SnYtXcy.gif

Quick questions:

1.) You can level up each one, just swap out the class armor piece. You get a guaranteed item(s) in the mail for each one that hits Rank 3 so it makes sense to spread it around. You only get engrams for each rank you hit post-rank 3.

2.) Opinion varies. If you are good with headshots it's probably worth leveling for PvP but some still prefer non-leveled.

3.) It's easy enough to use bounties and XP-level your gear but I don't think Int/Dis makes much difference. You will want to replace them with raid gear eventually anyway.

arimanius

It's only worth going 29, if you're planning to do raids, doing hard mode is more efficient in getting raid gear, and you'll get a return in ass shard investment pretty quickly, much to many people's dismay.

Since I haven't raided yet I didn't think about hard mode. Good point about it being more efficient. I'll have to give it some thought. I don't have any irl friends playing(or even have a ps4) so I'll have to see how difficult it is to fit raiding into my schedule.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Really? It seems like it could use at least a 5 round clip. 3 is fine for a burst i guess, but it still seems annoying that i have to reload twice as often as with my fusions when just doing normal PVE content.
important to remember that because of the pocket infinity effect you can get up to a 5 blast from the clip. however, you do often have to reload after every "shot." you can get used to it and eventually, get an armor piece with special weapon reload speed (I use ahamkara's spine). it's pretty amazing.

TTG

We need to put this Suros upgrade discussion to rest. If you're not upgrading the weapon, you've spent 23 coins on a rifle which can be had for marks from any number of vendors in the Tower. The alternative won't have a unique looking model, but it also won't take up the one exotic slot allotted.

I don't know man, like I said I forgot what I did with my life before Destiny.... Anywho.. I need some spirit bloom.

I tell myself I won't play til the Tuesday reset... But I will be on tomorrow night because I want to upgrade the mythoclast.

Did we tell you I got the Last Word from the nightfall with my alt?

PS4 Flawless Raider for tonight, whenever we can get a full group together:

Gaf / PSN Names

1.) Boguester / DrDrizzay101
2.) Squall ASF / SquallASF
3.) Mattiator / Mattiator85
4.) Millenia / cyborg1
5.)
6.)

Currently two spots open. If anyone currently in the group has a friend to add, or anyone in the thread wants to join please respond to this message. Lv 29+ only, please have raid experience and (ideally) some maxed out weapons. Will be doing normal raid of course.

realcZk

I tell myself I won't play til the Tuesday reset... But I will be on tomorrow night because I want to upgrade the mythoclast.

Did we tell you I got the Last Word from the nightfall with my alt?
Haha nice, great gun. Lots of fun. good thing you didn't get another hawk moon or Ska would quit forever.

Dante316

Gaf / PSN Names

4.) Millenia / cyborg1
5.)
6.)

Currently two spots open. If anyone currently in the group has a friend to add, or anyone in the thread wants to join please respond to this message. Lv 29+ only, please have raid experience and (ideally) some maxed out weapons. Will be doing normal raid of course.

Ill try it, psn dante316, lvl 30

Gaf / PSN Names

4.) Millenia / cyborg1
5.) Dante316 / dante316
6.)

Currently one spot open. If anyone currently in the group has a friend to add, or anyone in the thread wants to join please respond to this message. Lv 29+ only, please have raid experience and (ideally) some maxed out weapons. Will be doing normal raid of course.

Dante316

Gaf / PSN Names

4.) Millenia / cyborg1
5.) Dante316 / dante316
6.)

Currently one spot open. If anyone currently in the group has a friend to add, or anyone in the thread wants to join please respond to this message. Lv 29+ only, please have raid experience and (ideally) some maxed out weapons. Will be doing normal raid of course.

Cyborg1 is already in a raid, is he gnna play it again?

areal

Gaf / PSN Names

4.) Millenia / cyborg1
5.) Dante316 / dante316
6.)

When are you starting? I'm ready now. Level 29 warlock with maxed weapons.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Gaf / PSN Names

4.) Millenia / cyborg1
5.) Dante316 / dante316
6.)

lvl 30 - Kartik21. I'd like to do it.

Cyborg1 is already in a raid, is he gnna play it again?

Pretty sure he wanted to do flawless raider still. I sent him a PM just a few minutes ago and he said he was up for it once we got a group together. Hopefully he can finish up that other raid as well. We still need one person, I'm sure we won't be starting quite yet anyway.

Obscured

important to remember that because of the pocket infinity effect you can get up to a 5 blast from the clip. however, you do often have to reload after every "shot." you can get used to it and eventually, get an armor piece with special weapon reload speed (I use ahamkara's spine). it's pretty amazing.

Mine isn't leveled yet, but my problem with it so far in PvP is the range seems really small. I hit people with two shots at close range and don't even take them down to half health. In general though I've felt like fusion rifles have been very inconsistent lately. I'm just going to level it up in PvE and then try it later, but for now it is an excercise in frustration.

Afrocious

I would join in on the flawless raider, but it's getting late and I'm getting tired. Work in the morning.

Question: How is the Vex Mythoclast in comparison to the Vision of Confluence? I have VoC maxed out and it + the ice breaker are my PvE bread and butter.

When are you starting? I'm ready now. Level 29 warlock with maxed weapons.

lvl 30 - Kartik21. I'd like to do it.

Im only online possibly another hr, if we don't get started soon, gnna go for flawless in the morning.

I will start sending party chat invites now. Hopefully we can get enough people together and get started soon. One way or another we will get it sorted out.

Afrocious

I will start sending party chat invites now. Hopefully we can get enough people together and get started soon. One way or another we will get it sorted out.

Hmm, you don't have a full team?

If not, I can hop online provided we clear this thing now without waiting.

PSN: Afrodeeziyak. I can turn on my PS4.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mine isn't leveled yet, but my problem with it so far in PvP is the range seems really small. I hit people with two shots at close range and don't even take them down to half health. In general though I've felt like fusion rifles have been very inconsistent lately. I'm just going to level it up in PvE and then try it later, but for now it is an excercise in frustration.
You can absolutely oneshot with it even at range, as almost any fusion rifle can I believe. Perfect Balance helps a lot. the main difference it has from other good fusions is the long charge time. but the full auto changes what a charge means. I haven't experienced what you mean about fusion rifles being inconsistent though, so I dunno. 77 wizard still great in the crucible too.

realcZk

I would join in on the flawless raider, but it's getting late and I'm getting tired. Work in the morning.

Question: How is the Vex Mythoclast in comparison to the Vision of Confluence? I have VoC maxed out and it + the ice breaker are my PvE bread and butter.
I don't have the VoC but I can't imagine the mythoclast being any better. I have it fully maxed out and most of the guns in my arsenal beat it, like Suros. I'm sure this is bound to change once bungie buffs the mythoclast.

Milennia

FINALLY vision of confluence had to make an alt to get it.. Also got another vex.... 3 now

Anyone up for hard mode? We need 3 more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom