• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
512.gif

I'm at the same place. I can't tell a difference.

dengatron

anyone with a mytho and heart of praxic fire able to see if the fusion ammo on chests actually increases reserves? pretty simple question i guess but i'm sure one of you has the answewr

maomaoIYP

Spent much of the day trying to get through one single strike on the level 22 playlist. Due to quitters, I never got through one. (In fairness, I quit twice, but that was due to others either going afk or dropping.) Probably five or six attempts. Just now we nearly beat the one on Mars with the boss right after the dude in the big tank. Got the boss down to the last ~5% or so and we get wiped out. Naturally the check point is not one but two encounters back from the actual boss.

My battlebros give up and bail. It took about 15 minutes just to wring the sponge down that far. I hesitate to use words like this, but the boss design in the strikes is absolute garbage. It's just not fun.

Bungie said we'd find ways to progress no matter what we like to do, but that's not really the case. The strikes are terrible, the story missions repetetive, the patrols are not scaled to our level and the weekly heroic strike does not feature matchmaking. For a guy like me who doesn't like PvP, I feel like my options are exhausted. It was an absolute slog to get from 20 to 21.

Are you trying to level up from 20 to 21 by playing a level 22 playlist? That's a fools errand, you need to be at least 21 to play a 22 game without wanting to pull your hair out. I play the entire game solo, but I really like PvP, so I played crucible and I slowly leveled up from the loot I got there. Your best option is to farm blue engrams for equipment that have light, then upgrade them slowly.

Yep this is so bad. It's like this on probably 1/3 of the weapons (made up number). I have weapons with perks that change absolutely nothing. One where I think it's supposed to increase my magazine size from 35 to...35! I think I have another that's something like slight increase to Impact. Except it shows that it actually lowers the Impact. WTF.

Still need to run Hard VoG for my 29 Warlock, and 29 Hunter, any groups forming? I've cleared the raid plenty, have mic, and good raid weapons (AE, VoC, IB, Gjhorn) I can fill any role. PS4 The_Reckoning

Orca

A pair of warlocks cheesed Atheon off for my Hunter and Titan.

I got the ship again. Twice. Hey RNG, I'm all good on ships, thanks.

Props to Hawkian for joining our Raid group of first-timers and giving us solid guidance to get through the Templar to the checkpoint. Nicely done, sir.

TTG

Switched off the Suros for the first time since Xur showed up, scout rifles are so much more pleasant to use in pve. Especially my A1 that makes enemies explode. The auto rifles make everything an exasperating, desperate, nervous mess, the unending sound of it alone...

TTG

I think I have another that's something like slight increase to Impact. Except it shows that it actually lowers the Impact. WTF.

You realize that in selecting that perk you're switching from another, right? So yes, it does indeed increase impact, just not as much as what you're currently using.

GhaleonEB

Are you trying to level up from 20 to 21 by playing a level 22 playlist? That's a fools errand, you need to be at least 21 to play a 22 game without wanting to pull your hair out. I play the entire game solo, but I really like PvP, so I played crucible and I slowly leveled up from the loot I got there. Your best option is to farm blue engrams for equipment that have light, then upgrade them slowly.

I'm 21 in the 22 playlist, so it's not too bad. I did the level 20 playlist until I hit level 21.

Thing is, as soon as words like 'farming' and 'grinding' enter the mix, I'm done. I basically just want to play and have fun, and level up as I do so. I played heaping piles of Halo, and Firefight in Reach, without a leveling mechanic because it was fun. Even if I didn't really progress I'd do the same with Destiny. But there are so many macro-level design flaws that I'm put off by basically every mode in the game.

maomaoIYP

I'm 21 in the 22 playlist, so it's not too bad. I did the level 20 playlist until I hit level 21.

Thing is, as soon as words like 'farming' and 'grinding' enter the mix, I'm done. I basically just want to play and have fun, and level up as I do so. I played heaping piles of Halo, and Firefight in Reach, without a leveling mechanic because it was fun. Even if I didn't really progress I'd do the same with Destiny. But there are so many macro-level design flaws that I'm put off by basically every mode in the game.

I'm put off by farming too, but I really only find the need to farm for upgrading materials, which in general isn't too bad. Otherwise I'm actually enjoying the PvP quite a bit, which is technically about as good as it gets once you hit level 20. I do enjoy playing strikes too, either solo or with randoms.

breakfuss

Game has a strange hold on me. I was one of the more vocal critics at release but I haven't put this much time/effort into any other PS4 game. Hell, I've had Shadow of Mordor for a week and can't play it for more than a few minutes at a time. That isn't to suggest the problems with Destiny have disappeared (they haven't). IDK what is. This game, man. It's addictive.

squidyj

Yep this is so bad. It's like this on probably 1/3 of the weapons (made up number). I have weapons with perks that change absolutely nothing. One where I think it's supposed to increase my magazine size from 35 to...35! I think I have another that's something like slight increase to Impact. Except it shows that it actually lowers the Impact. WTF.

we went over this in a much earlier thread though, you're talking about replacing a mod, this is the difference between two mods not the total effect of one mod.

Edit: doubleposting is for super cool dudes.

You realize that in selecting that perk you're switching from another, right? So yes, it does indeed increase impact, just not as much as what you're currently using.

we went over this in a much earlier thread though, you're talking about replacing a mod, this is the difference between two mods not the total effect of one mod.

Edit: doubleposting is for super cool dudes.

Oh great the Bungie defense force is out in full force tonight! Ok Mr Bungie Shills, I'll just take the high road and end this right here since I can clearly see arguing with your "logic" and "facts" are going to take us nowhere I want to go!

We have one spot open for PS4 Flawless Raider. Attempting one more time tonight, and then if not successful we're meeting again at the same time (9pm PST) to try again tomorrow night. Please be Lv29+ with a mic and willing to work on it.

Update: Full now.

Daggoth

Quick question regarding daily stories and first public event completions. Are these on a 24hr timer, separate to the "actual" reset? If so, are raids / heroic / nightfall the same?

And a big thank you to Sword of Doom, elemental, and the others (apologies, I can't remember your names) for putting up with me during my first raid last night. Jumping is not my strong point.

I just want one thing, just one simple thing.....

let me access my storage from orbit.

Hopefully, because of the delay, they're gearing up for a more major update and will include this or atleast an option to skip straight to the Tower.

Quick question regarding daily stories and first public event completions. Are these on a 24hr timer, separate to the "actual" reset? If so, are raids / heroic / nightfall the same?

The dailies and public events reset every 24 hours yes. The raids, nightfall and weeklies reset every week on Tuesday.

And a big thank you to Sword of Doom, elemental, and the others (apologies, I can't remember your names) for putting up with me during my first raid last night. Jumping is not my strong point.

Dailies reset at 2AM PST. The weekly resets are every Tuesday morning at 2AM PST.

maomaoIYP

IRIDIUM SHELLS GO THROUGH WALLS

Was I the only person who didn't know this? I thought they just took shields down faster, but they go through walls/rock/anything.

Here's a friends video demonstrating http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApjHdIBNxHs

I'll never feel safe again. Thank God there's no marking enemies like Battlefield tho.

OMFG. I didn't know this at all. I thought it just made it possible to get 2-in-1 shots. Do LMGs also get iridium rounds? I think I haven't just seen it on sniper rifles.

What are the thoughts on Bad Juju? I've heard it used to be weak but got a buff. Worth 25 strikes for? I could also get the Invectus, gotta choose now.

Hopefully, because of the delay, they're gearing up for a more major update and will include this or atleast an option to skip straight to the Tower.

The dailies and public events reset every 24 hours yes. The raids, nightfall and weeklies reset every week on Tuesday.
That would be awesome, such a pain going to the tower for everything as soon as I load up the game.

What are the thoughts on Bad Juju? I've heard it used to be weak but got a buff. Worth 25 strikes for? I could also get the Invectus, gotta choose now.

Invective all day everyday. I have both and Bad JuJu is trash. Clip is way too small, and even the string of curses upgrade doesn't make the gun serviceable.

Daggoth

Dailies reset at 2AM PST. The weekly resets are every Tuesday morning at 2AM PST.
Apologies, I completely messed up the question and left three words out.

Are the rewards for these on a 24 hour timer?

ie:
Reset at 2AM
Run instances at 4AM, get rewards
<next day>
Reset at 2AM
Run instances at 3AM, ???

The reason I ask is, sometimes, the game is not awarding loot, even though it's well past the reset time and it has not been done since the last reset. The above might explain it but I'm not sure if this is actually it.

I´ve been playing with it for a while, for now, i would say that no, it´s not worth it, string of curses is fun, but the gun lacks impact, and the mag is really small. Looks cool though, and they said that it would be one of the exotic weapons that needed a buff, so maybe it ends being decent.

So I'm leveling up my Titan alt

And I got a bounty lead for 'Kill 10 Vex Major/Ultras.'

Then I just realized, that bounty never comes up in normal rotation.

excowboy

Just noticed a tile on the 360 dash saying 'New DLC' over a picture of some Vex. It links to a list of all recent DLC for the console at the moment, but often these placeholder links pop up a bit early.

Also, Dark Below is obviously based around the Hive but Deej did say there'd be Destiny news very soon so maybe we'll hear something shortly? A trailer maybe?

Apologies, I completely messed up the question and left three words out.

Are the rewards for these on a 24 hour timer?

ie:
Reset at 2AM
Run instances at 4AM, get rewards
<next day>
Reset at 2AM
Run instances at 3AM, ???

The reason I ask is, sometimes, the game is not awarding loot, even though it's well past the reset time and it has not been done since the last reset. The above might explain it but I'm not sure if this is actually it.

Each "run" of something can reward you once, IF it resets.

So let's say this to your example:

Run daily at 1AM, before reset, get rewarded.
Run Daily at 3 AM, after reset, get rewarded.
But, if you were to run that daily again at 6 AM the same day, no reward.

As for the game not rewarding loot, that's weird. Unless you're running a weekly every day, then that would make sense.

Daggoth

Each "run" of something can reward you once, IF it resets.

So let's say this to your example:

Run daily at 1AM, before reset, get rewarded.
Run Daily at 3 AM, after reset, get rewarded.
But, if you were to run that daily again at 6 AM the same day, no reward.

As for the game not rewarding loot, that's weird. Unless you're running a weekly every day, then that would make sense.
Thanks for that - I'll need to keep better track of when I get the daily and public event daily. It just wasn't cooperating yesterday.
If you're right, it means I've messed the times up.

MrMuscle

Finished my Void part of the Thorn bounty last night! I dont play much PvP so ive just taken my time with it, felt great to be done. Tonight me and my 2 brothers (who also has the bounty) are going to go to the moon and get it. My hunter will hopefully love that gun when he does solo stuff.

anyone with a mytho and heart of praxic fire able to see if the fusion ammo on chests actually increases reserves? pretty simple question i guess but i'm sure one of you has the answewr

Yes, I don't remember the exact numbers but it increases the reserve ammo by about 30%. I already had HotPF when I got the Mythoclast and noticed a significant difference when I equiped another chest piece to level up SotDH helm. Kept running out of ammo even more often.

Gordon

So I was trailing behind on a strike just now and as I was leaving the entrance area it said "a group of pikes approaches" - did I miss something cool or is that just a spamming of baddies to punish people for screwing around?

So I was trailing behind on a strike just now and as I was leaving the entrance area it said "a group of pikes approaches" - did I miss something cool or is that just a spamming of baddies to punish people for screwing around?

It's a random thing that happens sometimes in the Ember Caves, just a couple of Dregs on pikes. Like the Hive and Fallen going to war on Earth at the Skywatch.

Was it Winter's Run and you were futzing around in the Ember Caves open area before actually heading inside? That's the spot on Venus that has a chance to spawn a random Pike group, just like the Forgotten Shore on Earth.

Edit: Johan, you Monster.

Hot damn, I was just now told that the gear you get from the next Raid has been leaked.

Me likey! That stuff looks waaaaaaaay cooler than this chintzy Vex-themed gear.

Of course, I've always been a fan of Venom-style organic armor.

Can't wait! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom